Spore: The Thread. New Topic - Does it work in Win7?

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

CogDissident

Re: Spore: Sep. 7th 2008, And the world goes into Mourning.

Postby CogDissident » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:20 pm UTC

Very hostile, also, I should note, ATI sold their 1600x cards as semi-discount video cards in 2005-2006. So its using a 2-3 year old video card spec. The CPU requirements are also 3 years old, which isn't really surprising.

Where as the Sims 2 minimum video card requirements are from 2003, which is actually completely unusable for anything sims related except the base sims at lowest settings.

Also, which iMac are you talking about? there have been a dozen over the years. The lowest tier of current iMac does run it, and anything with better specs than absolute minimum should run it beautifully. The integrated card at the moment ALSO meets the requirements for macs, as well as windows.

So it can't run it on a 3 year old machine without upgrading the video card, the rest of the system IS up to spec. Wipe that spittle from your mouth and start acting a bit sane, will you?

CogDissident

Postby CogDissident » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:I d/loaded the trial version but it doesn't work for me... The installation went fine but when I try to run it it displays the "this is demo don't make us sue you" message at the start and then exits to desktop. Does anyone have any idea why that is?

Did you get it from their official site? or torrent it? People have been hacking the paid-version and distributing it all day on torrent sites, so you may have tried to get the full version unknowingly.

4=5

Postby 4=5 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

I can't run the demo on a mac laptop I bought 5 months ago, not because of hardware requirements but because I have "10.5" instead of "10.5.3"

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 pm UTC

DISCLAIMER: I make no guarantees about the accuracy of this information.

Regarding the complaints about the complexity meter:

There's a pretty good reason it's in there, your creature is stored steganographically in the image, each pixel giving 4 bits of data (1 bit each in R/G/B/A)*.

Since the picture is 128x128, that gives us 16384 pixels

16384 pixels * 4 bits/pixel = 65536 bits

65536 bits * 1 byte / 8 bits = 8192 bytes, or 8 KiB of data.

As there are 228 partssource, you'll need one byte to store an index of what part is being used.

Every part has a scale, which could probably be reprsented as either a single precision floating point number (4 bytes) or, what I believe to be more likely, an unsigned short integer (2 bytes) which should overall give you better storage precision since the scale is rather limited in range.

Every part will need a modifier for its position, Which will probably be about 3 single precision floats (12 bytes), or what I believe is less likely, 3 unsigned short integers (6 bytes). I figure the range of possible values that would need to be expressed for part locations would not be covered accurately enough by short ints, so I'm going to assume the use of floats. (It's possible they decided to store them as half precision floats, but I'll leave that out of this).

So, at the very least, every part will require at least 17 bytes of space. But you might think "Only 17 bytes? That leaves us with room for 481 parts! Why can't I have that many?"

Well, a large number of parts also have one or two additional sliders which allow for further modification of appearance, since these are also small scales, a short int remapped to the required range is probably more useful here, so add another 4 bytes in. (21 bytes, reduced to 390 parts)

Most parts also allow for a change in rotation. There are 3 ways people usually represent rotation, Pitch/Yaw/Roll or a Direction (3 values), Quaternion (4 values), and a Matrix (4x4, 16 values). In the interest of file space, you would probably want to store it as Pitch/Yaw/Roll, and again, shorts would most likely be sufficient, so add in 6 more bytes. (27 bytes, reduced to 303 parts).

so our parts range in size of 17 bytes to 27 bytes each. I imagine limbs are actually stored in a way that would actually increase the effect they have on size a fair bit more.

303 parts looks awfully large though you're missing more information we have to store.

But let's not forget the spine. Fortunately though, the spine only needs one position for the entire thing, and that would only need to be a 2D value since the spine is always at 0 on one axis. So, add in 8 bytes for floating point coordinates. Then every vertabrae must have its own orientation value, going with the previous orientation data, we'll add in 6 bytes per vertabrae, which also gets a scale value (2 more bytes) for 8 bytes per vertabrae. the maximum number of vertabrae allowed is 20, so the amount of space required by the spine requires between 8 + 2 * 8, or 24 bytes to 8 + 20 * 8, or 128 bytes.

That leaves us with 298 parts where every part is 27 bytes.

"So what? The spine is only 5 parts?"

You forgot even more fun stuff:
The creature name, 32 characters max, or 32 bytes as 8 bit ASCII, plus 1 for null terminator. = 33 bytes.
Creature Bio, 256 characters max, or 256 bytes as 8 bit ASCII, plus 1 for null terminator. = 257 bytes.
Tags, 242(?) characters max, or 242 bytes as 8 bit ASCII, plus 1 for null terminator. = 243 bytes.
Creator name, 32? character max, or 32 bytes as 8 bit ASCII, plus 1 for null terminator. = 33 bytes.
And a timestamp for creation date (though you could use the file creation date, it's not really a great indicator of anything), or 4 bytes.

EDIT: Ah, right, knew I was forgetting something. let's see...assuming I remember correctly (since I just uninstalled the trial so I wouldn't be tempted to waste more time in it), there are 27 options per layer, which means we need 5 bits to represent what we picked there, there are 3 layers, so we need 15 bits (which we'll probably package in 16 bits because of alignment issues that could get annoying). And then each layer has a color, If I recall, it probably didn't have more than 256 colors, so that's another byte per layer, so you'd only need 5 bytes for the skinning information.

Again, I'm probably packing data far tighter than it actually is.

So additional information for the creature is probably going to be 33 + 33 + 257 + 243 + 4 + 5, or 575 bytes.

leaving you with a range of parts being 277 - 446.

And The only other reason I can think of for it to be lower than that is if they didn't pack the data as tightly as I am, which I'm about 50/50 on my thoughts that they may have done that, I think they may have since Will Wright got a lot of demoscene people to help with Spore, but Maxis is owned by EA...

* Found using the color picker tool in Paint.NET, this is only a theory.
Last edited by Amnesiasoft on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

... If that's the case, and the full game won't have any more Complexity, then, uhh, that really sucks. Really sucks.

Anyone else remember how awesome the Spore of '06 was? With completely procedural animations that realistically brought to life even the craziest of designs instead of just applying the same waddle animation to everything? Back when Will Wright made all those promises we were so sure he could keep?

Those were the days.

nyeguy

Postby nyeguy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 pm UTC

4=5 wrote:I can't run the demo on a mac laptop I bought 5 months ago, not because of hardware requirements but because I have "10.5" instead of "10.5.3"

Just run software update. It will download and install the updates.

Also, which iMac are you talking about? there have been a dozen over the years. The lowest tier of current iMac does run it, and anything with better specs than absolute minimum should run it beautifully. The integrated card at the moment ALSO meets the requirements for macs, as well as windows.

I have the last one before they updated to the new aluminum design (the late 2006 one). For some reason, the graphics card in that one (an integrated Intel GMA 950) is supported on Windows, but not Mac, which unfortunately is in the cheap iMacs from only a year and a half ago. I installed the creator, and it promptly crashed. Also, I edited my post to be a bit more sane. My bad.

Edit:
Amnesiasoft wrote:Leaving you with a range of parts being 277 - 446.

And The only other reason I can think of for it to be lower than that is if they didn't pack the data as tightly as I am, which I'm about 50/50 on my thoughts that they may have done that, I think they may have since Will Wright got a lot of demoscene people to help with Spore, but Maxis is owned by EA...

Unless I missed something, you also forgot the paint options for the creatures. I don't know how much that amounts to space wise, but it will take something.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

nyeguy wrote:Unless I missed something, you also forgot the paint options for the creatures. I don't know how much that amounts to space wise, but it will take something.

Ah, right, knew I was forgetting something. let's see...assuming I remember correctly (since I just uninstalled the trial so I wouldn't be tempted to waste more time in it), there are 27 options per layer, which means we need 5 bits to represent what we picked there, there are 3 layers, so we need 15 bits (which we'll probably package in 16 bits because of alignment issues that could get annoying). And then each layer has a color, If I recall, it probably didn't have more than 256 colors, so that's another byte per layer, so you'd only need 5 bytes for the skinning information.

Again, I'm probably packing data far tighter than it actually is.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

I've been toying with the demo for a few hours, and it's a lot of fun. I've already made a zergling (with concealed hands clipped inside the scythes, it appears to attack with them when using "strike" :)), a hydralisk (which unfortunately just kind of slides forward when moving), and a humongous bad-ass creature with 4 legs and 6 arms, each wrist armed with a gigantic spike.

The problem, and I think this will be a huge complaint about the game, is the few things you CAN'T do overshadow everything you can. You see all the amazing things you can create, but then you realize you can't do exactly what you wanted to. I found myself annoyed that there wasn't a slither effect if the creature had no legs, that there was no way to narrow a tail down to a point, that all the body parts have to be spheres instead of being able to create oblong shapes (more similar to, say, a human torso, rather than a tube), and that everything has to be bilaterally symmetrical (I wanted to make a Motie with one big strong arm and one small nimble arm)

I do wonder how the creature phase of the game will play out though. Creating creatures is fun, but I really hope there's a reward to designing a decent one. It'd kind of suck if the same thing happened no matter what, as long as you had the necessities stuck onto the creature somewhere. (for example, will the size of your creature affect anything? what about whether it has 2 legs or 4?)

But all in all, it's really cool. I liked how my humongous 4-legged creature bounced realistically as it ran, for example. I just think people are being far too harsh on the game, since there's no way it's going to satisfy the expectations they've got for it. (i.e. "a game where I can do ANYTHING")

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:09 pm UTC

Well, Will Wright extensively demoed a version of the game that could do a hell of a lot more than what's being released now, so I think we have the right to ask wtf.

Don't hype if you can't deliver.

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I figure the range of possible values that would need to be expressed for part locations would not be covered accurately enough by short ints, so I'm going to assume the use of floats. (It's possible they decided to store them as half precision floats, but I'll leave that out of this).

Bad move. Floats store less precision. They just allow low-precision, high-magnitude numbers, compared to fixed-precision numbers.

Floats are only useful when you want an exponential distribution of values. In this case, we don't -- so they will almost certainly be using fixed-point values.

The question becomes, how many locations do you need? Well, the picture is 128x128. Let's assume that our positions are accurate to 256 locations (half a pixel in the icon), or 8 bytes each.

Part number? 1 byte. Scale .. 256 values is more than enough. :) Position? 3 bytes. Orientation? 3 bytes.
Total? 7 bytes per part!

The Spine has a position (2 bytes) to anchor things. We can store orientation in the vertabrae. As the spine is aligned, each vertabrae only has 1 degree of freedom in orientation -- 1 byte. It also has a scale factor (1 byte). With 20 parts, that's 42 bytes per spine!

Null terminator's are not needed (really). So 32 name, 256 bio, 242 tags, 32 creator name, timestamp(4) = 566 bytes.

5 bytes for the layer information. 5+566+42 = 613 bytes for non-part data.

8192 - 613 = 7579 bytes.... or room for 1082 parts.

Now, let's see how we can make it better.

All parts are anchored on the surface of something or other. You store the parts so that the part you are attached to is implicit, costing 2 bits per part. Your part # is 8 bits. Your position, relative to the previous part, is a (8,8) bit number (think about it -- it works!) with (8,8,8) bits of orientation. That leaves 14 bits to play with, in case I missed something -- 8 bytes per part.

We extend the non-part data to a full 1024 bytes, for further expansion or stuff I missed, giving us 7 * 2^10 bytes to play with.

As each part takes 2^3 bytes, that's 7*2^7, or room for 896 parts.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

Rippy wrote:It'd kind of suck if the same thing happened no matter what, as long as you had the necessities stuck onto the creature somewhere.

...This just made me imagine the "Fuckworm" becoming a highly advanced species and making contact with another civilization. Then getting teased relentlessly, of course.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 am UTC

Is anybody else having the problem of it always being in French? I've downloaded 3 different versions of the creature editor demo, and it's always french.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 am UTC

Master Gunner wrote:Is anybody else having the problem of it always being in French? I've downloaded 3 different versions of the creature editor demo, and it's always french.

I've had no problems.

I'm being really naughty at the moment, and... acquiring a full version. This is for evaluation purposes. If it works, and I think it's good enough to pay £5 for, I'll buy it legally. I'm like that. I do that with CDs. I downloaded and listened to Blooddrunk before I bought it in HMV.

But if it's crap, I'll most likely delete it, and then tell y'all about it here.

I am allowed to say what I've just said here, right? I know we aren't allowed to link to illegal stuff, but are we allowed to talk about it in a vague sense?
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 am UTC

Yakk wrote:The question becomes, how many locations do you need? Well, the picture is 128x128. Let's assume that our positions are accurate to 256 locations (half a pixel in the icon), or 8 bytes each.

Except you can certainly have more than 256 positions in at least two planes in the editor, the image size has nothing to do with the actual visible scale of the creature.

Yakk wrote:Scale .. 256 values is more than enough.

True.

Yakk wrote:As the spine is aligned, each vertabrae only has 1 degree of freedom in orientation -- 1 byte

Good point, hadn't considered that it does have a lot less than full range of motion.

Yakk wrote:Null terminator's are not needed (really)

In the file, true. But for the, what, 5 bytes it would consume, it's probably not worth the extra effort to read it out that way than to just use the extra 5 bytes.

Yakk wrote:5 bytes for the layer information.

Actually, I went back in to check, and there were 12 choices per page, not the 9 I thought, so you'll actually need 6 bits to represent the texture type, not 5, but that's still only about a 3 bit difference.

And now that I think about it, there's probably one thing we're seriously forgetting...

This is Will Wright, the man who created 80 million expansion packs for one game. Since we're bordering very closely to to needing more room for additional part IDs (we're 28 away from having 256 parts, and I'm sure 0 is allocated to no part or something, so really only room for 27 parts).

Anyway, besides my few quick oversights (Hey, I was thinking up most of this in my head while trying to get to sleep at 3 AM ;)), we still leave quite a bit of room for more parts than we're already given. Though perhaps we do have alignment issues since, again, it's might be more work than it's worth to tightly pack things that are 5 bits of data rather than just storing it as 8 bits. I still feel that Tag being 242 characters can't be right, it just seems odd. Then again, I was counting the character limits by typing in the alphabet into the fields a lot of times, not exactly the best way to figure it out :P

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:34 am UTC

I figured out what my problem was. My brother decided it would be funny to mess around with the language settings on my laptop (comp's in the shop atm), so non-unicode programs install/display in french. Since I haven't installed any programs that don't use unicode, or have being using a linux live cd, for the past few months, I didn't notice. It's all fixed now, and my brother has been taken care of.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:37 am UTC

Taken care of or... taken care of?

mstrzerg

Postby mstrzerg » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:09 am UTC

I present the Lord of Terror, Diablo.

Spoilered because it's big.
Spoiler:
Diablo.jpg
Diablo.jpg (82.07 KiB) Viewed 3243 times

He's not perfect, because of the limits of the creature creator. But I think he came out pretty well and I still have room to add more spikes :shock: I am a bit disappointed in some of the limits. I was hoping for more control over the animations for one. As far as I can tell right now you can't create a very good inch worm type of creature. There are also some quirks with the painting that are a bit odd. Plus painting is sloooooow. It takes a bit to refresh the paint job each time you change something, which can get annoying when you are just trying to pick the right shade of coloring. Still though, it's a lot of fun and very addictive.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:20 am UTC

So I downloaded the full one. No CD key, so it's unusable. But no viruses or anything. This is a good thing.

I read a few message boards, and it seems you can expand the amount of stuff you can have in the Trial version by replacing the Data folder with the one from the full version.

I'm having some desktop difficulties right now (I'm downloading graphics card drivers to see if that helps) but I will report on whether it works if I can!

psyck0

Postby psyck0 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 am UTC

So... why pay for a feature that is going to have to be part of the final game, and that you can't do anything with until said game comes out? Is the hype really THAT huge??

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 am UTC

You can make funky lookin' critters and stuff. And then put them in the game.

Yeah. It's fun for the kind of people who spend an hour making their Sim in Sims.

Unrelated: I had Sims for the PS2. I had a good lookin' main character, and he got off with a good lookin' female, and they have 2 kids.

The first one is okay. Great. He goes about his merry business. He wears an overly cute hat, but he's tolerable.

The second child... my god...

The random generator must have overheated! It was the ugliest Sim you could possibly imagine!

Needless to say I was horrified and disgusted. So I never let that Sim do anything, in the hope child services would take it away.

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:56 am UTC

mstrzerg wrote:I present the Lord of Terror, Diablo.

*stuff*

Pff. you call that the Lord of Terror? I'll show you terror:
Spoiler:
troll.JPG
The troll!
troll.JPG (36.59 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

Just so you know, he's not supposed to look scary. I was going more for the "under the bridge" stupid troll type look.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 am UTC

Okay. I got Spore back up.

I ripped the Data folder from the full Spore creator (without installing it) and replaced the Data folder in the trial.

It gives you about twice as many parts as you had before, give or take.

It works!

I also found out some stuff on how to change the dimensions of parts and so on (hover over the part you wanna shrink/grow and mousewheel it) which allowed me to create a human/monkey thing. With some extra parts from the hax0ring I did.

Here is a pic of him. He looks like a cross between Homer Simpson and Zippy from Rainbow, but he's not bad for a first try.

And yes, I made him a HUMAN HORN! [/Lrr]

You will laugh.

Spoiler:
CRE_-0682a09e_sml.jpg
PREPARE TO HARVEST THE... LOWER HORN!
CRE_-0682a09e_sml.jpg (172.52 KiB) Viewed 3175 times

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:21 am UTC

How does it fight? Pelvic thrusts?
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:36 am UTC

I have no idea. Probably. It's hard to make defined chest muscles, so he's a weakling.

But yeah. :D Fun.

I'll try and make him more human-looking later.

Delbin

Postby Delbin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 am UTC

I was disappointed when I found my creature had to have a 'front' and always had to move forward in that direction. I wanted to have an omni-directional octopod. but alas. I'm amazed that the community site has 100,000 creatures already. It's so cool to see what people have made with just the demo parts.

Here's what I have so far if anyone's interested. http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Delbin
Attachments
Malstark.png
I made this guy first. So far any others I've made just don't have the same appeal.
Malstark.png (27.94 KiB) Viewed 3157 times

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:44 am UTC

Are you ready?

PEPPERAMI MAN.

Pepperami Man.png
LOLZORDS
Pepperami Man.png (19.63 KiB) Viewed 3123 times

CRE_-0683023c_sml.jpg
LOL
CRE_-0683023c_sml.jpg (180.35 KiB) Viewed 3136 times

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:49 pm UTC

I was not aware that all the info that is your creature can be saved as an image of said creature. That's pretty neat.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

mstrzerg

Postby mstrzerg » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

Upsilon wrote:I was not aware that all the info that is your creature can be saved as an image of said creature. That's pretty neat.

How do you do that? I couldn't find it last night.

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:29 pm UTC

After you save your creature, it's done automatically. The images are stored in %HOMEPATH%\My Documents\My Spore Creations\Creatures
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

mstrzerg wrote:
Upsilon wrote:I was not aware that all the info that is your creature can be saved as an image of said creature. That's pretty neat.

How do you do that? I couldn't find it last night.

When you save your creature, it saves as a .png file. That's the small image above my pepperami man. That way you have a small filesize that can be uploaded everwhere, taken with you... whatever!

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:09 pm UTC

4=5 wrote:I can't run the demo on a mac laptop I bought 5 months ago, not because of hardware requirements but because I have "10.5" instead of "10.5.3"

At least you can update for free: I'm stuck on 10.4...

Woxor

Postby Woxor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 pm UTC

Anyone else have the game work perfectly for a few days and then suddenly begin having epileptic flashes of black polygons every half second? I've finally got the full version (fresh download), but right before I got it, the free trial started having a fit, and it's not fixed now that I've uninstalled and subsequently installed the new version. I'm running at the lowest graphics configuration with a Radeon X800 (which is on their list of supported video cards) on Windows XP. If anyone has heard of this or its remedy, please let me know, because it sucks having all these new parts and no way to use them without having a seizure.

EDIT: Lol, all it took was a reset. Still strange though.

As an offering, here are some half-decent critters I've cooked up with the free trial (I swear that "Itzarrace" was the first name to come up on the random name generator for my creature with quadruply-bifurcated legs):
Attachments
Itzarrace.png
Itzarrace.png (27.38 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
Squimchkin.png
Squimchkin.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
Sproinglori.png
Sproinglori.png (25.33 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Leorix.png
Leorix.png (24.39 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
Grag.png
Grag.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Berlob.png
Berlob.png (31.07 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Last edited by Woxor on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Karkacabra

Postby Karkacabra » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

Just registered to post this. It's unfortunate that WWI-style airplane body parts aren't in Spore.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:13 pm UTC

Karkacabra wrote:Just registered to post this. It's unfortunate that WWI-style airplane body parts aren't in Spore.

THAT, sir or madam, is full of win.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 pm UTC

I didn't make this one, but my friend did:

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 pm UTC

One of mine:
Spoiler:
spore_creature_2.jpg
spore_creature_2.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 2838 times

spore_creature_1.jpg
spore_creature_1.jpg (26.5 KiB) Viewed 2834 times

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

Here's my little buggers

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Babamthegrunt

If anyone wants the link for the more parts |-|4>< just nudge me
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:17 am UTC

Fear... the crabanoid!
Crabanoid.png
Crabanoid.png (26.26 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

Spoiler:
CRE_Crabanoid-068366e8_sml.jpg
CRE_Crabanoid-068366e8_sml.jpg (188.26 KiB) Viewed 2704 times

The Brodian!

When approaching a Brodian, make sure it cannot see your eyes. They charge instinctively.
Brodian.png
Brodian.png (28.31 KiB) Viewed 2728 times

Spoiler:
CRE_Brodian-06837efa_sml.jpg
CRE_Brodian-06837efa_sml.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 2701 times

The version that crashed before I saved:
CRE_-068366ea_sml.jpg
CRE_-068366ea_sml.jpg (182.55 KiB) Viewed 2698 times

Spore_GIF_2008-06-18_20-45-47.gif
Spore_GIF_2008-06-18_20-45-47.gif (61.1 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
Last edited by Yakk on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:29 am UTC

I <3 the creature creator...
Hmmm Cthullu, yes someone should do Cthullu :D
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 am UTC

My favourite is attached below. The bug legs were the only way to get a double-jointed hind leg, unfortunately. I also suspect I could make it look far better with the full selection of parts, particularly the front legs, eyes and mouth.

I also wish you could make limbs thinner so that they could look skeletal, rather than once again looking like tubes.
Attachments
Zergling.png
Zergling.png (27.38 KiB) Viewed 3370 times

Return to “Gaming”