League of Legends

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Re: League of Legends

Postby Ixtellor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Kag wrote:Don't forget that a month ago I spectated you and, while you claimed I was just nitpicking and compared yourself to the top .1%

I never once made that claim. What I consistently said was "I am consistently the best player on my team".

Apparently I was correct because I moved up 2 (almost 3) ranks in a month.

Anyway, you analysis doesn't mean much. Having played games with good people I have a much better idea of what I could improve on and my play style.

You can ALWAYS find flaws in anyones games, because nobody ever plays a perfect game. And being that you are like a silver 3, ur just armchair QB'ing at this point.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Kag

Postby Kag » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:I never once made that claim. What I consistently said was "I am consistently the best player on my team".

I didn't say you claimed to be in the top .1% of anything. I was referring to this.
While you may be pointing out some flaws in my game, the same way Day[9] finds flaws in grand master play

Also, reasonable prior odds for "I am consistently the best player on my team" for like a whole month are around one to a million million billion (real figure, btw), so that's even crazier, unless you have some super god damn impressive evidence. And, being that estimations of your own team's ability are known to be unreliable (for everyone), I really doubt you do.

Apparently I was correct because I moved up 2 (almost 3) ranks in a month.
A month is quite a while. You really can't think of a single thing you learned in a month? That's...pretty impressive.

And being that you are like a silver 3, ur just armchair QB'ing at this point.
First of all, they're different populations, so the rankings aren't comparable at all. Also, your league and division are entirely cosmetic. They measure literally nothing. But for what it's worth, on my NA account, duoing with a level 30 (who has a lower normal elo than I do) pulls in people from plat and diamond, which is mostly just funny.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Yeah well since I'm unranked I know nothing about League, am I right?
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.
natraj wrote:i have a bizarre mental block against the very idea of people enjoying mint and chocolate together.

tompliss

Postby tompliss » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 am UTC

and you don't have 5 000 wins ?
my little boy, you're just worthless !

So ... how about a pleasant thread, now ?

3fj

Postby 3fj » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 am UTC

A nice thread about League is impossible when talking about rankings, especially with someone who cares enough about rankings to not want to be bronze but not enough to look at the basic statistics behind what he complains about.

So instead I'm going to talk about a moment in LoL that made me happy yesterday. I was playing Ziggs and having a terrible start against a Fizz. He'd dived me twice and killed me already, and I was needing to catch up really badly. He went for the third dive, and through luck and a bit of fast thinking, I shoved my satchel charge just in front of where I thought he would use his pole to try and escape. Luckily, he landed right on it and before he could get off the killing blow we were catapulted back towards my tower in a flying-V, killing him and saving me.

I love hearing about moments like this. Anyone else have a memorable turn-on-a-dime play like that recently?
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:43 pm UTC

Kag wrote:A month is quite a while. You really can't think of a single thing you learned in a month? That's...pretty impressive.

Again. You are a pedantic troll who has done nothing but attack my play since I said "I don't deserve to be in bronze".

In one month I have according to LoL matchmaking surpassed roughly 30-40% of the player base.

Your statement was beyond useless because we learn stuff in EVERY game, you get better in EVERY game.

Your thesis is that in 1 month I learned enough to surpass 35% of the players in skill level. Rather than just admit, as I claimed, I am better than the people in bronze league and always have been.

You of course tried to prove me wrong (because your a troll) by comparing my warding stats to diamond level players. Which isn't even logical to my thesis "I am better than bronze".

What I would say after a month of play is that I am getting better and I think I can get into Gold, where as before I would have Said (And I did) I think I am probably a high tier'ed silver player.

(Kag " but you don't ward as much as Challenger, so that proves you are bronze".)

Go somewhere else stupid troll, who probably has the same rating as me anyway.

Weeks wrote:Yeah well since I'm unranked I know nothing about League, am I right?

You know nothing about ranked play. Strawman.

3fj wrote:bronze but not enough to look at the basic statistics behind what he complains about.

Lie.

3fj wrote:Anyone else have a memorable turn-on-a-dime play like that recently?

I have been in several games where one sided is getting CRUSHED and Yi has single handedly won the game.

In one game My team was up 50-25 (kills), we had 2 inhibs 8 towers down were making a final 5 man mid to end the game, and a backdooring Yi took out a tower, was moving into our base, Our most farmed player recalled to defend, got killed, and the Yi took out top tower, ran straight to Nexus and soloed both towers and nexus while we were distracted fighting a 4v4 mid.

3fj

Postby 3fj » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:
3fj wrote:bronze but not enough to look at the basic statistics behind what he complains about.

Lie.

What about that is a lie precisely? You cared about being bronze so hard you shat up the last 4-5 pages with complaining about elo hell despite that being a statistical impossibility.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

3fj wrote:
Ixtellor wrote:

Lie.

What about that is a lie precisely? You cared about being bronze so hard you shat up the last 4-5 pages with complaining about elo hell despite that being a statistical impossibility.

The lie was that I "don't look at basic stats". I look at stats constantly. And the stats always said the same thing "I play better than people in bronze" <--- my only claim.

ELO hell does exist.
Here is how it works. You are a Silver level player. You get some toxic players in your placement matches which then puts u into Bronze. Then you have to work your way out of bronze only gaining 2-5 LP per match in a rank where 100% of games are TOXIC. So even though you have the ability to carry yourself out of that league (because you are better) frequently you are sabotaged by 5th pick "mid or I feed" or being forced into positions where its very difficult to carry yourself out. (See Support).

Its HELL...
because it takes a LOT of games to overcome the +10-15% statistical advantage that you hold.
Its HELL...
because the games are incredibly toxic.
Its HELL...
because nobody gets banned. You can say or do anything without repercussions.

setzer777
Good questions sometimes get stupid answers

Postby setzer777 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 pm UTC

I assume you mean "toxic" in a way that affects both teams? As in the play is sloppy and inconsistent on both sides?

The "impossibility" of elo hell is people who claim that they consistently get shitty teams and face non-shitty teams.
Meaux_Pas wrote:We're here to go above and beyond.

Too infinity
of being an arsehole

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

The "impossibility" of elo hell is people who claim that they consistently get shitty teams and face non-shitty teams.

In fact, it's more likely that the other team is full of baddies. (or has at least one baddie)

Because you clearly (clearly.) are not a baddie yourself, the odds are 4 (ally) to 5 (enemy) of you losing because of deadweight. It's more apt to call it ELO heaven, aka rank progression, until your skill level is equal to that of both your teammates and your opponents.

...how does fresh-30 ranking work? Is there a default level, and after getting a handful of wins/losses you're placed accordingly? Or does one start at about 0 and proceeds to work their way up? Is there a carry-over from stats in normals?
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

setzer777 wrote:I assume you mean "toxic" in a way that affects both teams? As in the play is sloppy and inconsistent on both sides?.

I mean extremely negative behavior and language. Racism, fighting, constant criticism, intentional throwing, refusal to work as a team.

The "impossibility" of elo hell is people who claim that they consistently get shitty teams and face non-shitty teams

That is impossible. It averages out in the end, but it might take a lot of games. When I was still in bronze I had a huge string of bad luck for a whole week, with an insane number of leavers on my team.
(From 92 --> 11 LP)

For a causal player you can have really bad MONTHS, before the odds adjust back in your favor.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

philsov wrote:...how does fresh-30 ranking work? Is there a default level, and after getting a handful of wins/losses you're placed accordingly? Or does one start at about 0 and proceeds to work their way up? Is there a carry-over from stats in normals?
I thought the average/default level was 1200, which is the elo people get normalized to once a new season starts (and is then adjusted according to your previous elo or somesuch).

3fj wrote:I love hearing about moments like this. Anyone else have a memorable turn-on-a-dime play like that recently?
I believe Fizz is evil, but using Playful/Trickster to avoid ults always feels satisfying. Also Nidalee spears, because screw Nidalee.
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.
natraj wrote:i have a bizarre mental block against the very idea of people enjoying mint and chocolate together.

setzer777
Good questions sometimes get stupid answers

Postby setzer777 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

Weeks wrote:I believe Fizz is evil, but using Playful/Trickster to avoid ults always feels satisfying. Also Nidalee spears, because screw Nidalee.

Yeah, there's something particularly unpleasant about seeing a spear come out of the fog and knock off half your health.
Meaux_Pas wrote:We're here to go above and beyond.

Too infinity
of being an arsehole

Kag

Postby Kag » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:You of course tried to prove me wrong by comparing my warding stats to diamond level players. Which isn't even logical to my thesis "I am better than bronze".
This is not the first time I am explaining this, but I was trying to suggest a way you could improve. I compared your stats to higher level players because you responded, "I ward a lot," which is not true. But if you really want to know, most of the people that were beating you in bronze were warding more, too. Buying a lot of wards is also known to be a way to make your teammates play better. It's funny how smart everyone seems when you can see where the enemy team is at all times.

And the stats always said the same thing "I play better than people in bronze"
So, I think this bears repeating: your kda, the only stat you seem to bring up, is not a good measure of your performance. Kills have wildly varying gold values, and gold doesn't even directly translate into winning the game. You have to take into account champion power curves and breakpoints, matchups, compositions, and sometimes you might just make a completely terrible decision and waste it. On top of that, lanes aren't islands; pressure flows between places on the map. If you play passively because you're scared of getting blown up, and your laning opponent roams bot and gets a double, your hands are not clean.

In one month I have according to LoL matchmaking surpassed roughly 30-40% of the player base.
Well, not really, since your league has literally nothing to do with matchmaking, but also that fact doesn't weigh very strongly in either direction. Without taking into account anything else that we know, I'd say likelihood of the matchmaking having mistakenly rated you 35 percentile lower than you belong is about the same. So it doesn't tell us anything. Also, skill isn't distributed evenly. The number of people you passed up is not a useful indicator of how much of an improvement you had to make to do it.

While we're at it, you should know that generally speaking your team being toxic or bad doesn't go away.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am UTC

Can you people change the subject and stop arguing so I don't have to read this fucking thread anymore?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 am UTC

I'm wondering if your 'normal' game hidden elo decays. I've not spent much time recently playing, internet issues, steam summer sale, etc.

I played a few games yesterday and today and noticed some pretty wild variations in player skill that I haven't seen in a long time. Two in particular, support bot as Thresh twice in a row, first game, my adc used lantern every time it was appropriate, followed up well on initiations, didn't overextend. Second game, almost complete opposite, and both teams had similar skills as the respective adc's. Today I did a bot game as ad shaco, and without trying got all but one of the kills, and was complimented for being 'good'. I feel like a level 15 again. Something's wrong when I'm the best player on the team (IMHO)

I do like playing those supports that do well in ganks, I've found... Thresh and Leona particularly, since I"m complete trash at blitz. Just walk up to ward dragon, and keep going to mid, force a summoners or get an assist, then wander back down, little time lost and gold gained. (I know roaming alistair was a thing a long time ago, I'm slow on the uptake).

Speaking of which, whatever happened to alistair, I never see him anymore. He was a fun jungler.

eeris

Postby eeris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:48 am UTC

I don't think your normal ELO decays, it's just that Riots normal mode matchmaking system can be very... lax when matching up skill levels. A few friends and I have been leveling smurfs as one of them is new to the game and we didn't want to queue together with our level 30s. The new guy asks if another one of his friends, who is level 30 bronze 4 or something, can queue with us. We say ok and instantly get matched up against another premade team with 3 level 30s (apart from our 30 the rest of us are 17-22), one of which is diamond 2 and the other one is silver 3. Sigh.

I think you'll get more closely matched games if you're queueing at peak times but it can vary dramatically.

tompliss

Postby tompliss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:00 am UTC

Biliboy wrote:Speaking of which, whatever happened to Alistar, I never see him anymore. He was a fun jungler.
(there is only 1 I in Alistar ;) )
The jungle got revamped, and other junglers came/were buffed. Also, he got nerfed.
His passive is really less powerful than before, and he is really mana-dependant, so he'll need the second blue to keep jungling correctly (and your mid will complain).
also, as the jungle now has camps where the buff camps are more importants (more XP/gold for them, you can get to level 3 just with red & blue, no time to kill wolves before blue,...), and the big guy of each camp is bigger (so the area bump + the AoE passive damage are overkill for the little ones)...
all in all, he's really slower than many, he has less mobility too, and his ganks are easily prevented with a single ward, as he will not dash/run at 500 speed.

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 pm UTC

Biliboy wrote:
Speaking of which, whatever happened to alistair, I never see him anymore. He was a fun jungler.

I see him from time to time as a support hero. If they are good at headbutting, I think he works out fine, and late game he is soo annoying, as he seems unkillable.

Update: Summer is over and I am currently at Silver 3 -- 98 LP.
Silver 2 will be coming soon.

Had a very memorable game where my team was down 4 towers and losing 4-16 in kills.
Our support said "gg im going afk". I was jungle Jax and my duo partner at the time was twitch.
We kept saying "never give up, this is ranked, we can pull this off, people throw all the time"
Janna eventually started playing again....

We ended up winning the game.

Point: NEVER GIVE UP.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

NEVER LET THEM DOWN.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

yurell

Postby yurell » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

I love it when people say that in chat, it makes it so much easier in the Tribunal then to tell between dodgy internet and afking (since Riot won't let us watch replays).
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

tompliss

Postby tompliss » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:57 am UTC

Summer skins are going out soon, Lucian is out now, and here I am, playing DotA ... :/

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

yurell wrote:I love it when people say that in chat, it makes it so much easier in the Tribunal then to tell between dodgy internet and afking (since Riot won't let us watch replays).

Do people actually get banned or punished at all anymore?

I see people type stuff in chat without fear of consequences in pretty much every game.

Yesterday I needed 1 win to get a promo series, and our taric at level 6 said:

"Im sorry guys, its GG"
Then he quit.
(We dragged the game out for a LONG time, but 4v5 is just too much)

I need to learn some new heros, getting bored.
Thinking Riven, Nasus, some other top lane brusier.

Anyone played Aatrox? I had a level 4 aatrox with NO items other than 1 healthbead combo me for 1k damage. (He probably got in an auto attack or 2)

Also... anyone played Yi since the nerf? I was dominating with him when he wasn't banned, and wanted to play him still.

Also... Good RANGED top champ? I dont like Vlad.

Lastly, Skill level to play Jayce? I have played him once ever in ARAM and felt like I got the hang of him but definetly need practice.

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

Jayce works top...Elise too. Tbh, pick a ranged champ you like and practice with them at top. Then you have a ranged champ top that hopefully your good enough at to win the lane with. Thats really how you gain ELO...get stupildy good with 1-2 champs that even if you get counter picked, you still win.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

philsov

Postby philsov » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 pm UTC

Also... Good RANGED top champ? I dont like Vlad.

Pending your definition of "range" - Kennan, Jayce, and Kayle imo. The latter of which is technically melee, but with a CDR item essentially has perma range + splash auto attacks.

Jayce has a moderately high skill cap. The cool thing about him is that the hammer and arrow skills are on separate CDs, so you can unload with arrows, swap into hammer, and smash immediately afterwards. It's a high burst potential with one of the best pokes in the game. Then there's the utility of his movement speed gate, or properly knocking baddies as necessary.

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

rawergrrblabbleaewt~! I spent like 5 minutes staring at my monitor trying to think of other ranged tops...and my mind blanked and Im at work and cant look them up. Good champs there.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

The addition of Blade of the Ruined King to Dominion has significantly increased the number of Swedish Chef references.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:01 am UTC

I now call "playing ranked" as "buffing my kayle stats". At 73.7% win rate with her at the moment and most played.
Going for that diamond 5 in the next few days. Currently winning around 80% of games, so it shouldn't be too hard. The skill difference across diamond 5 to diamond 1 is actually massive, so being diamond 5 doesn't really mean a whole lot vs diamond 1. Diamond 1 may as well be a separate league. It's the same difference as a whole league anyway.

Also, playing good in solo queue doesn't really mean you'll be good at ranked 5s. It's a totally different game trying to coordinate a team.

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 am UTC

elminster wrote:I now call "playing ranked" as "buffing my kayle stats". At 73.7% win rate with her at the moment and most played.
Going for that diamond 5 in the next few days. Currently winning around 80% of games, so it shouldn't be too hard. The skill difference across diamond 5 to diamond 1 is actually massive, so being diamond 5 doesn't really mean a whole lot vs diamond 1. Diamond 1 may as well be a separate league. It's the same difference as a whole league anyway.

Also, playing good in solo queue doesn't really mean you'll be good at ranked 5s. It's a totally different game trying to coordinate a team.

Support, AP, or AD Kayle? Or is that the beauty, u play whats needed/counter?

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 am UTC

AP only really, mid or top works fine. You can pick kayle vs literally any champion and win lane vs diamond skilled players. There's basically no true counters in lane, but you can still lose due to team comps.
You can kind of play her as an alternate support, but she doesn't provide enough lane dominance compared to her utility relative to other ones. You can play her as jungler and I've had a surprising amount of success with that (considering I'm bad at jungle), but the lack of tankyness is a pretty big deal.

I run weird 26/4/0 masteries, basically with the assumption that I will always out trade every other champ. With level 6 ult you will almost always get at least a kill in an all-in. Playing hyper aggressively will draw jungler pressure (Easing it off teammates) or basically automatically win your lane if you play correctly. If your lane opponent can't cs well, push to tower constantly and take tower asap then roam. If they can cs well, aim at them trying to kill them in between their abilities. One Q followed by 3-5 E empowered hits is 30-60% of a players HP at level 2.
You basically only need nashors tooth to be effective, that item is almost exclusively made for Kayle (and teemo). vs AD I pick AS red, armor yellow, flat AP blue/quint. vs AP I pick AS red, Hp/level yellow, flat MR blue, AP quint.

I've seen too many people fail on Kayle recently though. It's honestly not that hard in my opinion, knowing when to ult is the hardest thing and what really makes/breaks a kayle, the actual dominating lane is surprisingly easy >90% of the time. Most people either fail from not being aggressive enough or wrong runes.

Kayle is also an exceptional tower diver and the best Zed counter in the game. She's also a good way to demoralise the enemy team, since other teammates assume they're getting crushed and constantly calling for jungler because "they're bad" when really that's just Kayle in action.
Although, falling behind on Kayle against some champs can be extremely unforgiving; you naturally have an edge, but 1 death can throw it away.

philsov

Postby philsov » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

AP only really, mid or top works fine

If I'm reading the wiki correctly, she gets similar scaling going either way; her W (heal) gets AP scaling only but the Q gets 100% scaling from both and the E gets 40% scaling on splash and 100% AD (technically) and 40% AP on direct attack. One gets a better heal with AP but loses the ability to help nuke towers/inhib. Or does the perk from Nashor's Tooth justify going full AP?

Is/Are the mid and/or jung in your games typically AD? Here in level 28 draft mode, mid is almost always AP and jung is usually AP/tank. Having an AP top along with all this makes for a bad team comp, imo. Minimal tower damage, easily countered by magic resist...

Also... interesting rune setup. I'd always through hybrid pen reds would be the way to go. I did a mid Kayle recently versus a very aggressive Teemo and got zoned almost ASAP. The second that sword caught on fire he had a blind shot ready for me. Any tips for that or similar situation?

And more kayle questions -- Magic Pen or Attack Speed boots? Usual starting buy? Currently I go AS boots and flask + ward, but as per lolking the Magic Pen boots are more popular and have a higher win rate, and usual starter appears to be doran's or boots. Is there something I'm missing in how 15% Magic Pen is better than 20% AS?

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 pm UTC

Is Wit's End used in SR at all? The new version is pretty fantastic on Kog'Maw along with a Mallet.

Kag

Postby Kag » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

philsov wrote:One gets a better heal with AP but loses the ability to help nuke towers/inhib.
AP increases your damage to towers.

Is there something I'm missing in how 15% Magic Pen is better than 20% AS?
The proportion of Kayle's damage which is magical is considerably larger than the proportion that is autoattacks. Also, frontloaded damage has some extra value, and attack speed underperforms in the average case.

Is Wit's End used in SR at all?
Yes-ish. It's great on a handful of champions, none of which is very popular.

elminster

Postby elminster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 am UTC

Well there's several reasons to go AP over AD.
Firstly, all her damage abilities do magic damage. You can start with more bonus AP than AD (Even the 40% on E is more than AD after mastery effects). MR doesn't scale as fast. The bonus damage on Q will be higher end game from deathcap. Higher heals on W. The direct damage on E only scales from AP. Nashors and the on-hit magic damage mastery gives so much damage together. Lichebane gives more overall, especially late game.

Hybrid pen vs magic pen vs Attack speed runes is kind of a tricky thing. I've tried out all three, AS red runes seem to work the best overall. Getting an extra E AA in often gives more damage than Mpen red would give. AS causes the stacking debuff passive to stack faster. Saying that, I've tried out sorc boots vs zerkers and sorc seems to have the edge since you're not likely enough to get all the AAs needed to out damage the magic pen. Red runes give 15.3% AS or 7.83 Magic pen, Boots give 20% AS or 15 Magic pen; so AS runes almost have a 50% advantage in comparison to the difference in boots counterparts.
I could crunch the numbers precisely, but AS just seems to work better.

Generally when I lose as Kayle it's mostly due to team compositions. Kayle isn't an assassin, nor is she an initiator, and she doesn't have a lot of cc or tanking.

Start items are almost always Flask, Hp pot, ward. The flask gives too much utility to not get; by the time your flask runs out, your opponents pots are gone anyway. Sometimes I buy tier 2 boots next if I feel the extra mobility will more likely result in a kill (esp. Vs champs with only single escape mechanisms and/or skillshot heavy champs), otherwise the AP or AS part of nashors dependant on lane opponent and gold.

Vs teemo I'd probably try bait out a blind, back off a tiny bit, then heal and go for a combo. There's 3 ways to win dependant on his style: get t2 boots second and pick the engages/follow up, or get the AP part of nashors and trade with just Q (and E AAs whenever possible), or just push him to tower constantly. After he uses blind, he's got nothing to stop you crushing him hard if he tries to get in exp range. It would take him several combos to kill you, but only 2 consecutive combos to kill him (Unless he goes very tanky w/ dorans sheild).

Kag

Postby Kag » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 am UTC

Blind also does not stop on-hit effects, so it's basically useless against AP Kayle.

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:18 pm UTC

elminster wrote:Going for that diamond 5 in the next few days. Currently winning around 80% of games, so it shouldn't be too hard. The skill difference across diamond 5 to diamond 1 is actually massive, so being diamond 5 doesn't really mean a whole lot vs diamond 1. Diamond 1 may as well be a separate league. It's the same difference as a whole league anyway.

So did u make Diamond?

Also, is Yi still being played in the higher leagues?

When the nerf came out on the first day people in Silver were saying "he is garbage".
But after a few days I started playing him again, and I feel like he is still a game changing champ.
Its basically impossible to stop him from farming. He can push a lane like nobody's business. He can easily take down the Baron if he has a tank.
(I do that in all my games, have 3 members push or distract while me and a tank take the baron).
And lastly, you can have a really bad start and still comeback.

So needless to say I am still a fan, although its not as insane as it was prenerf.

elminster

Postby elminster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:
elminster wrote:Going for that diamond 5 in the next few days. Currently winning around 80% of games, so it shouldn't be too hard. The skill difference across diamond 5 to diamond 1 is actually massive, so being diamond 5 doesn't really mean a whole lot vs diamond 1. Diamond 1 may as well be a separate league. It's the same difference as a whole league anyway.
So did u make Diamond?

Also, is Yi still being played in the higher leagues?
I've not played any ranked games since Saturday (at plat 2, 79LP). The EUW server stability in the last few days (Similar for the last week and a bit) has been utter shite. Daily server lag, they post messages about them dealing with itm but things don't really change much. In fact... I was hoping to get some ranked games in today, but at the time I'm typing this the ranked queues are disabled with the message: "Summoners, we are currently working to resolve the intermittent lag. Ranked queues have been disabled".
Personally I hate playing with lag because there's nothing worse than losing due to things other than playing bad.

Pre-nerf Yi was rather stupid, they seemed to have taken the edge off him though. I tend not to see a whole lot of Yi now; they seemed to have balanced him around about right. Before that, he could just to the point where he could kill 250armor 4k hp targets with randuins in 3seconds.

I talked with a few of my diamond 1 friends about kayle in diamond and they say that people learnt to deal with her in high diamond. I can definitely see how high level play would negate a kayles advantage, but lolking stats still says kayle is 3rd highest win rate in diamond soloQ, so it's viable.

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 pm UTC

Question about the S3 rewards. If I dont own Elise will I get her upon receiving the skin?

Intrigued

Postby Intrigued » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

Super excited about victorious elise.

In every case I've ever seen, if you are granted a skin, you also get the champion, if you haven't bought them. Would be nice if there was some sweet reimbursement for people who already bought them, but I can't complain, free skin for a champ I like a lot.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

So get this

If you play SR, you get rewards
If you play TT, you get rewards
If you play Dominion, you get nothing

I see nothing wrong with this. At all. Yep, nothing to see here.

Return to “Gaming”