League of Legends

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

elminster

Re: League of Legends

Postby elminster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 pm UTC

Only done 5 placement matches so far, 4 of them were stomps were we won (basically won pre-20), 1 was a loss. I noticed a lot of people getting placed a lot lower this season. There's even people who finished in plat who managed to get bronze (Probably terrible mmr).
The meta kind of suits my play style, so I think I'm going to do well for now. Kayle being one of the highest win rate champs ofc helps a lot (Naturally). Goal is to get placed somewhere in plat. Aiming for diamond 1 this season, depending on circumstances.

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 pm UTC

Chaoszerom wrote:I got through my placements and got to Silver I. Got carried/lucky in most games (7/3) so I'm not sure if I can, but my goal is to get gold at some stage (was at Silver III end last season). My top pool isn't amazing (Jayce, Rumble, Cho), my ADC skills are increasing (MF, Ashe), and in theory I can still play Ryze, Xerath, Veigar, Lux, but I haven't in a while so I probably suck.

You are the only person I have heard of who got placed higher than their old rank.
( I went 8-2 in placements and dropped 6 ranks).

Did you mean you got placed in bronze 1? If not.... that is very very rare. (16 page thread on a LOL site has ZERO people getting placed higher)
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Chaoszerom
Like stale dumplings for breakfast

Postby Chaoszerom » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:39 am UTC

No, definitely Silver 3 to Silver 1. Half of it was luck of going 7-3 or 8-2 (don't recall. but I know I got carried hard), and most of those wins being early (I think I was 1-5 at some stage), and the other half is decent improvement over the past 2-3 months. The third part might be OCE weirdness.

Here's my OP.GG, has history on the Tier chart.

I am stagnating a bit though, last season I played mostly with someone who was better than me, and so that encouraged me to improve, but I've reached roughly where he is, and I feel like I'm tapering off. Might need to watch some videos and practice a bit if I want to improve.

Return to “Gaming”