Metro 2033

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Mike_Bson

Metro 2033

Postby Mike_Bson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:34 pm UTC

Anyone else play this game?

For those who do not know, Metro 2033 is a single-player (only SP) game set in the metro tunnels of Moscow after a nuclear bomb went off. You play as an average 20-year-old guy, whose home station is attacked by the mutants and the ''Dark Ones,'' so he has to go somewhere else and request help, as he fights all the mutants, bandits, communists, and Nazis is the tunnels (the latter two are having a war with each other).

This is one of my favorite single-player games, behind Portal and Half-Life 2. If you have played this game, what do you think of it? And, also worthy of mention, a DLC just came out for it called the Ranger Pack, which gives two new difficulty settings and two new weapons. I'm playing through it, and the difficulty is very fun, as with the new weapons.

Texas_Ben

Re: Metro 2033

Postby Texas_Ben » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:44 pm UTC

I had never played or heard of this game, but I looked it up, and it seems like a lot of fun. About how much time do you get out of it?

AmeliatheShepherd

Postby AmeliatheShepherd » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:47 pm UTC

I'm happy someone made a thread for this. :D I love the game; I'm on my second playthrough right now. Most people I've talked to get 8-10 hours out of it. Not a lot of time, but the atmosphere and immersion make up for it, in my mind.

Mike_Bson

Postby Mike_Bson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:55 pm UTC

Texas_Ben wrote:I had never played or heard of this game, but I looked it up, and it seems like a lot of fun. About how much time do you get out of it?

It takes me about 10 hours to finish, and I am on my 7th play through (this does not include playing through individual levels).

The immersion is also good; especially on the new Ranger Hardcore mode. I was on a stealth level, and when someone asked me a question, I did not want to answer because I thought that the enemies would hear me. I was so into the game.

cv4

Postby cv4 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:59 pm UTC

Haven't played it yet, but I got it as part of the THQ pack when Steam had there big sale on awhile back. It's probably 3rd or 4th in line, but I do plan on getting to it at some point.

Mike_Bson

Postby Mike_Bson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:02 pm UTC

cv4 wrote:Haven't played it yet, but I got it as part of the THQ pack when Steam had there big sale on awhile back. It's probably 3rd or 4th in line, but I do plan on getting to it at some point.

It's best-played with headphones :)

cv4

Postby cv4 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:40 pm UTC

Mike_Bson wrote:
cv4 wrote:Haven't played it yet, but I got it as part of the THQ pack when Steam had there big sale on awhile back. It's probably 3rd or 4th in line, but I do plan on getting to it at some point.

I'll keep that in mind. Though on a horror/things jumping out at you, I am not sure anything with compare to Doom 3 (especially because I was obviously a lot younger at the time).

Mike_Bson

Postby Mike_Bson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

cv4 wrote:
Mike_Bson wrote:

I'll keep that in mind. Though on a horror/things jumping out at you, I am not sure anything with compare to Doom 3 (especially because I was obviously a lot younger at the time).

It's not really that scary. Only a couple parts are. It's more the story that is ''horror''.

Return to “Gaming”