X-Com: UFO Defense / UFO: Enemy Unknown

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Okita
Staying Alive

Re: X-Com: UFO Defense / UFO: Enemy Unknown

Postby Okita » Wed May 23, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

After all of the latest news that has been put online about XCOM: Enemy Unknown..... I am stupidly excited about this game.

Alas, I'm the kind of commander who wants absolutely 0 casualties on any mission so this is probably the worst (or best) game for me. But yeah, still super excited. I wants it. I wants it now.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:30 pm UTC

Only 1 base, and no more than 6 soldiers?

Granted that I only used the original base in XCom, as the others were listening posts with an interceptor when I could afford it and maybe the second one was a manufacturing center when I got decent defences; 3-4 plasma or fusionball defences with gravshield kills EVERYTHING. Oh, and my Psi-testing base with 4 psi-labs; hire 50 mooks a month, fire 30 of them, then test the remaining 20, firing like 12 afterwards. So 8 fresh mooks each month. Depending on whether I'm save-scumming or playing the game the way it was "meant" to be played.

As for 6 soldiers, I guess most commanders refused to use mook tactics so the game will be more focused on your precious cannon-fodder? Even when I'm trying to be realistic, if on turn 1 the aliens lob a grenade at my ship and kill half my squad, I'm restarting that mission...

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:54 pm UTC

From what I've seen the 1 base is a lot more complex than the several bases you have in original X-COM.

Actually it's 4 soldiers that eventually upgrades to 6. As for turn one grenade kill, I don't think that sort of thing will happen. In original X-COM you deploy inside the Skyranger and it's only when you exit that you discover how screwed you are. In Enemy Unknown, you deploy outside of the SkyRanger (meaning your turn starts with your guys already off the plane). So unless you have a whole bunch of aliens on overwatch pinning your guys right off the bat (which I wouldn't entirely write off as happening), TPK on turn one is not as likely.

I'm guessing with a smaller squad, the leveling up and training of your characters will be a bit more streamlined too.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

Jesus. 4 man squads are what I normally used - in that I'd send like 12 soldiers to a site, break them up into 4 man teams and have those teams cover each other as they moved around a map.

Using just four? I... don't see how it's possible without the difficulty being cranked way, way down.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm UTC

Do you get tanks? Maybe you could get tanks to shore up the numbers.

Also, if you have things like permadeath, you can't have just 4 guys to work with and train up. You need 6 veteran snipers, a blaster-launcher annihilator, at least 3 mindrapers, some flying saucers of doom, and the rest is bait.

I suppose EU will have researchable armor that actually works? Flying suits shouldn't have a 50/50 chance of instant death from a hit; even on the modern battlefield a gunshot has less than a 10% chance of being fatal, and that's with armor that does jack shit against anything with more power than a handgun.
Last edited by CorruptUser on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ElWanderer

Postby ElWanderer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm UTC

Only a 4-man squad, going up to 6? I'm aware those kind of numbers are typical for some RPG-type games and squad-based shooters, but I don't play those kinds of games. I think the last game I played with a 4-man squad was Syndicate (I must be mistaken, but I haven't been able to think of anything more recent)! It'll be quite a change from my typical "ten men and a tank" squad... will our soldiers be that much better or will the aliens be less effective? I hope they balance it right (and right first time).

I'm also slightly worried by this on the website:
http://xcom.com/enemyunknown/info.php wrote:Worldwide Threat: Combat spans the globe as the XCOM team engages in over 70 unique missions, interacting and negotiating with governments around the world
That makes it sound like there will be a series of predetermined missions, rather than the (mostly) randomly-generated encounters of the original game. Of course, it could be that some marketing droid has decided to multiply the number of mission types by the number of terrain sets and decides that the result is 'better' than infinity. Hmmm, seems the designer said in an interview:
metro.co.uk wrote:The levels themselves are hand-crafted but we have an obscene amount... you could not play through a full game twice and see those levels again. But what happens on those levels with aliens when they come up, that stuff is all procedural
Consider me unconvinced on that at the moment.

Edited to add:
CorruptUser wrote:Also, if you have things like permadeath, you can't have just 4 guys to work with and train up. You need 6 veteran snipers, a blaster-launcher annihilator, 3 mindrapers, 3 mobile flying saucers of death, and 8 pieces of bait.
If you only have 4 men, and they're all that much more precious, who do you send through a doorway first?
Now I am become Geoff, the destroyer of worlds

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:59 pm UTC

Well, my squad will consist of the White Male Lead, Love Interest, Black Best Friend, and Geeky Younger Brother. So BBF goes in first.

BBF can be substituted for The Vasquez if I want to balance out the team's genders.

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Do you get tanks? Maybe you could get tanks to shore up the numbers.

I have seen footage of tanks. I don't know if they take up a slot though.

There was a lot of discussion in developer interviews about the # of guys. I guess, they are looking for a more cautious approach? I mean, they revamped time units to be more like Warhammer 40k (ie. moving phase and shooting phase for each character).

Actually, I think having fewer guys is a good thing because it makes you more invested in each one. When you have a rookie in a mission, you'll want him/her to survive as opposed to having like a squad of 10 and if the rookies die well... as long as one lives, we're okay. There's plenty more where they came from. I just home there's a corresponding increase in whether a person can survives otherwise the game becomes kind of stupid hard. Although I suppose that will be alleviate by things like... Officer's Training School room giving a initial bonus in exp to new members or something like that.

I've seen good things from researched armor like suits that allow you to grapple hook up to higher buildings (alas it looks like a lot of enemies have abnormal jumping abilities - I'm looking at you Chrysalids!), flying suits, and stealth suits. I kind of want to know what the mysterious other classes are though. Assault, Support, Sniper, Heavy Weapons, and Psionic were released. But I think there was a rumored 6th at the least.

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Jesus. 4 man squads are what I normally used - in that I'd send like 12 soldiers to a site, break them up into 4 man teams and have those teams cover each other as they moved around a map.

Using just four? I... don't see how it's possible without the difficulty being cranked way, way down.

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought. Also, exactly what I do. I just started TFTD and the basic mission structure is land, break into three four person groups with three people with rifles and one with something heavy, and have two others either watch, cover, stay in between and support when needed, or snipe. Or, in the case of officers, provide morale from a distance. Which by the way, it's awesome that that is actually a legitimate concern.

I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I really do like the feeling of "this mission could end with fourteen dead agents" and "I don't want to lose anyone, but accept that half my squad might get wiped in one turn," and it's hard to see how that'll happen with smaller teams.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm UTC

I agree; my most memorable missions in XCOM were the ones where I lost half my men and only just managed to complete it with the remaining two or three guys alive. I guess there's the argument that with only a 4-6 man squad you'd constantly be in that exciting 'only a few guys left alive' mode, but it would either be way too hard to complete most full missions like that, or sufficiently easy that the situation no longer had the same tension. Plus, of course, half the drama comes from the fact that the aliens just massacred ten of the world's best soldiers, which significantly inflates the awesome-factor when the remaining few soldiers manage to defeat those same aliens.

Also, starting out in almost any mission would be ridiculous - until you've got some good scouting done you need two pairs of eyes in each direction, just in case one of them gets blown away immediately by a lucky shot. I think I'd lose most base defense/assault missions in XCOM within the first couple of turns if I only had 4 or 6 soldiers.

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 am UTC

Adacore wrote:I agree; my most memorable missions in XCOM were the ones where I lost half my men and only just managed to complete it with the remaining two or three guys alive. I guess there's the argument that with only a 4-6 man squad you'd constantly be in that exciting 'only a few guys left alive' mode, but it would either be way too hard to complete most full missions like that, or sufficiently easy that the situation no longer had the same tension. Plus, of course, half the drama comes from the fact that the aliens just massacred ten of the world's best soldiers, which significantly inflates the awesome-factor when the remaining few soldiers manage to defeat those same aliens.

Also, starting out in almost any mission would be ridiculous - until you've got some good scouting done you need two pairs of eyes in each direction, just in case one of them gets blown away immediately by a lucky shot. I think I'd lose most base defense/assault missions in XCOM within the first couple of turns if I only had 4 or 6 soldiers.

Well, I think the contrast helps. You can be perpetually in "only a few guys left alive" mode, but I don't think that's the same as "Holy shit nine guys just died and the survivors are panicking, but we still have a chance." The fact that you can lose such a significant portion of your resources and still have it be worth it is a feeling I enjoy. Those judgments of, depending on how hardcore I'm playing, "Reload/go on?" or "Retreat/go on?" are good because they're hard to make.

I lost a TFTD terror mission last night but almost won. I had my crew walk out, we're ok, one of my four men squad was clustered and got knocked out, and the rest started dying and then panicking. One guy managed to get back to the ship with no weapon, and picked up the cannon and some ammunition and proceeded to kill four or five aliens before dying and losing the mission. He almost won alone.

Similarly, I lost half my squad in the first part of the last UFO Defense mission, and then several more in the second part, with about four surviving past the first few turns. One of them managed to get up into the final chamber and take a shot off before the guardians could kill him, winning the mission.

Those feelings are ones I don't think you can capture without huge numbers of squad members. I am sure it'll still be an excellent experience, but I doubt it could be the same.

Ghostbear

Postby Ghostbear » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 am UTC

It seems to me that the 4-6 person squad limit will just act to encourage save-scumming. If you only have that many soldiers that are worth using, you're going to be a lot more bothered when you lose them. In the original, even with a completely Ace squad loaded up to the gills, if you lost half of them, it didn't make future missions impossible -- it just meant you had to cycle through some rookies / your B squad. If you lose 2 guys and have to switch some rookies in here, that's 25-50% of your force that's going to be relatively incompetent.

I don't like the low limits.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 am UTC

Shivahn wrote:Similarly, I lost half my squad in the first part of the last UFO Defense mission, and then several more in the second part, with about four surviving past the first few turns. One of them managed to get up into the final chamber and take a shot off before the guardians could kill him, winning the mission.

Wait a sec, you aren't using mindrapers? Cydonia is a cakewalk with 3 or 4 mindrapers. ALL missions are a cakewalk with mindrapers. Also, it's much easier to "scout" the final chamber with a nuke or two.

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 am UTC

It was my first game and I didn't have psi developed.

My squad was mostly immune to psychics though because of what amounts to natural selection. Also I am a bit of a gaming masochist.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:00 am UTC

Given how overpowered Psi can be in XCOM, I mostly just refuse to use mind control at all. It removes all the fun from the endgame. Probing is fine, though.

ElWanderer

Postby ElWanderer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:00 pm UTC

One other thing I've seen is that while you can have lots of interceptor bases, you're stuck with one main troop base and (presumably) one transport - it was specifically mentioned somewhere that if the aliens attack two or three places at once, you have to decide which one to respond to, though now I can't find that quote. So no setting up a second squad with their own transport on the other side of the world to handle busy periods.

Oh, and it seems you can't pick up weapons that have been dropped by dead comrades or aliens :( Though at least it sounds as if they've completely re-done the inventory system. I remember the pain of struggling to fit everything needed in the transport if I had 14 men (the torpedo tank got left at home for most TFTD terror missions), then the pain of having to rearrange everyone's inventory for every single mission unless you had a completely uniform armament. "No Tim, you don't want to face the aliens armed with just a pistol. That's the back-up weapon for Beryl, who's meant to be using the Disruptor Launcher as she's the strongest. And why are these mind control devices just lying around on the floor; don't you realise how much it cost to research and build them?!"

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 pm UTC

Apoc had individual inventories. As does UFO:AI.

ElWanderer

Postby ElWanderer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:31 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Apoc had individual inventories. As does UFO:AI.
Ah cool.

And now I must resist the temptation to download and try UFO: AI...

If only there were more hours in the day.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm UTC

I'm going to miss using the last psychic alien of the map to filter my meat by psy ability. It was a stupidly brutal tactic (kill the controlled ones until everyone resists) which made sense in a WH40Kish way. Oh well.

New User

Postby New User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm UTC

ElWanderer wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:Apoc had individual inventories. As does UFO:AI.
Ah cool.

And now I must resist the temptation to download and try UFO: AI...

If only there were more hours in the day.

I first heard of it a few months ago, and I downloaded it and tried it. I didn't play much, only one or two missions. The impression I got was that it has great potential, but currently has many unfinished features. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing things that specifically said something like "not available right now, but will be in future versions of the game."

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:17 pm UTC

I felt it didn't have the right brooding atmosphere that the original encapsulated so perfectly.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Soralin

Postby Soralin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:52 am UTC

And there's always Xenonauts if you want something closer to classic X-Com. I'm grabbing both that and Firaxis's one. :)

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

Enemy Unknown on CNN. Basically, CNN noting Firaxis's attempt to champion strategy games in a gaming community that is more and more based on reflexes.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

It's nice to get some mainstream recognition, but I can't help but feel like that article was written twenty years ago.

As video game technology improves, games are getting quicker, deadlier and more reactive. This, in some cases, is requiring gamers to be faster on the draw, more reflexive in their actions and to be able to act with little time for a thought-out strategy.

What? This makes no sense. Games are no "quicker" or "more reactive" now than they have been for the last two decades.

One gaming genre, however, prefers to slow things down while still maintaining a high degree of action and planning. Turn-based strategy games harken back to the days of playing board games with dice and individualized pieces. But, now, they can use the latest tech to help make the games more immersive and interactive.

Latest tech? They then go on to describe how computers are used to do all the number-crunching required for the simulation. Just like it did when Civilization was released in 1991. What are they doing with the "latest tech" other than making it look shinier?
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm UTC

To be fair, most people reading the news on a 'traditional' site still think computers work by a combination of goat's blood and backwards prayers, so the fact that the game is getting any mention at all is impressive.

ElWanderer

Postby ElWanderer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 am UTC

Will wrote:
As video game technology improves, games are getting quicker, deadlier and more reactive. This, in some cases, is requiring gamers to be faster on the draw, more reflexive in their actions and to be able to act with little time for a thought-out strategy.

What? This makes no sense. Games are no "quicker" or "more reactive" now than they have been for the last two decades.

Probably the case that the journalist writing the story has aged and slowed down over the last 20 years!

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:28 pm UTC

ElWanderer wrote:
Will wrote:

Probably the case that the journalist writing the story has aged and slowed down over the last 20 years!

To be fair, 90s games don't really stick out as fast paced reflexesfest. Look at prominent fpses of the time: Doom, Marathon, Wolfenstein. They're slow as shit.
After Quake (96) or unreal (98) or Tribes (98) or TFC (99) things started to speed up quite a lot. Maybe it's those the journalist has in mind, since things actually slowed back quite a lot down since then.
Recent fast games? Well aside from the fighting game genre, and the DMC genre, it's quite hard to find one, really. Tribes: Ascend is "fast" but the amount of inputs required is quite low. Required APM to perform decently went way down in Starcraft, too. TF2 is way fucking slower than TFC. etc

So the journalist is probably comparing 90s games to 00s games.

A duck

Postby A duck » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 pm UTC

Which x-com would you recommend to someone new to the series? From reading this thread I get that Apocalypse is considered to be poor in comparison, but what would be a good starter entry?
Hi, I'm a d*ck that wants to say a symbol.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am UTC

As far as most people are concerned, there was only 1 entry in the series; XCOM Ufo Defense (Enemy Unknown in Europe). The second one was just an expansion pack, and the third one was only half finished. The others just have XCOM in their name but are not actual XCOM games.

As I stated before, I actually thought the third one had a lot of potential that was ruined by releasing it just a few months too soon. As someone once said, a game is only delayed until it's released, but bad is bad forever.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 am UTC

I'd agree. So long as the ultra-shitty (by modern standards) graphics isn't going to put them off completely, the only XCOM games worth playing at all in my opinion are the first two, and while TftD made some gameplay improvements, the original remains the best to me (aircraft, UFOs and aliens just seem like a way better setting than undersea monsters and submarines).
Last edited by Adacore on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

A duck

Postby A duck » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 am UTC

Cool, thanks for telling me.
Hi, I'm a d*ck that wants to say a symbol.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:58 pm UTC

A duck wrote:Which x-com would you recommend to someone new to the series? From reading this thread I get that Apocalypse is considered to be poor in comparison, but what would be a good starter entry?

I'll make it even easier.

This one. You want to buy this one.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 pm UTC

And for just $10 more, you can get 4 additional CDs with the word XCOM on them that would be great as coasters for your soda and bee-- oh, it's download only.

Also, TFTD requires some explanation. XCOM had a bug where all difficulty was set to beginner. But the developers didn't know they had that bug. Many people complained about how easy it was on Superhuman difficulty, so the development team for TFTD set the beginner difficulty to what the hardest difficulty was supposed to be. The result was swarms of alien bases popping up everywhere, constant terror missions, maps where half your super equipment wouldn't work, very limited ammunition, double-length missions, and enemies that could survive a mini-nuke.

I never even got to psi-training in TFTD for some reason. I'd usually just get pissed about how every alien base was a nightmare. Also odd that you need research to unlock swimming...

liveboy21

Postby liveboy21 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:16 am UTC

There are lots of new gameplay videos out for Firaxis' XCOM Enemy Unknown. They've showed off a mission as well as a terror mission. I don't think they have showed how they're going to handle the passage of time in the world view mode outside of missions but other than that I'm liking everything I see.

Jack21222

Postby Jack21222 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 am UTC

Free demo is up on Steam. But, RockPaperShotgun warns that it does not really give you a fair chance to really play the game.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09 ... xcom-demo/

For what it's worth, I played the demo, and I feel lukewarm about the game. In the first mission (a tutorial), your hand is held as the game guides you step by step on exactly what moves you have to make. Then, you get a binary choice between whether to save Los Angeles or somewhere in China (cannot remember the city, sorry), which offer different rewards. The first few moves of that mission are scripted, but then you're on your own for a fairly easy mission. After you return to base, you get a few cut scenes, and the demo's over.

I will still likely buy the game just out of nostalgia of the original game and by the positive RPS reviews from the people who have actually played many hours of the full game, but I must admit that the demo didn't cause me to pre-order instantly afterwards.
broken_escalator wrote:The Mako is powered by the rage of the physics it denies.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 am UTC

Yeah, the demo was pathetic for showing what XCOM could be. I didn't like that "save the city in NA or Asia" Morton's Fork. I hope that doesn't happen in the actual game itself, at least not too often, where you get "save city X or city Y". I want this to truly be random and not a mission tree. Sure, you had a Morton's Fork in the original; if I send my only Avenger to kill that Battleship that's on a base building mission it'll be too damaged to use next month, do I do the crashed Terror ship mission or the crashed Supply ship, etc?

The gameplay itself is fine. I don't mind that it's a cover-based game; in real life, the winning soldier is not necessarily the one with the best equipment but more likely the one that knows what to hide behind. I don't know how you equip your soldiers with extra ammunition or grenades; the demo gives your lone veteran a promotion that lets him fire a rocket, which I hope isn't the only way to give weapons to your soldiers.

The cinematic scenes, while I was initially opposed to them, after seeing them, I'm starting to reconsider. Sure, after a few times I will turn them off, but with missions being shorter and smaller, it may not be too much of a problem for me. The original did have the camera follow the gunshots and you did see animation of soldiers dying, so it's actually not too unfaithful. I just hope the game doesn't make it too cartoony; the cinematic of the eviscerated corpse at least lets us know that it isn't going to be childish.

I won't know until the game is actually released, but I have to wonder which of the 5 bonuses to base location is best. Half-price aircraft, half-price laboratories, 30% funding bonus, instant autopsies/interrogations, or half-price soldiers. I'd say that the cheaper labs would be useful, being half-price, but the 30% funding bonus applies to everything. So I'll most likely choose the extra funding.

liveboy21

Postby liveboy21 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

I am very excited for XCOM: Enemy Unknown and I have been following the 2K games events, the video game previews and the official XCOM forums.

I share some of CorruptUser's concerns about the possible linearity of the geoscape game play. There are random UFOs flying around, random missions detected, random requests from the Council. However, there are also some Council requests were there are 3 reported attacks at the same time (possibly from areas that you have not been able to watch thorugh satallites though this is not confirmed) and you may only attend to one of those missions.

Some speculators don't like being told by the council about 3 attacks because it doesn't make the panic levels feel organically generated (ie, instead of thinking that you're saving a country you didn't know about, it feels like your adding to the panic of the other 2 without a choice) and because it draws attention to you having only 1 skyranger (troop transport). Thus, you may not be able to create a build where you let bad things happen but you can respond to them all.

That being said, I think that XCOM: Enemy Unknown looks like it would be an incredible game. For a taste of the tactical (controlling troops) action, the interactive trailer is probably a lot more interesting than the steam demo(which I have not played but have heard about though other players' comments).

Interactive demo: http://youtu.be/uQ3B7XPpPmI

Jack21222

Postby Jack21222 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:57 am UTC

The game is available to be pre-loaded, so you can start playing the instant it unlocks. I just wish they were releasing it on Monday, a day I don't have school (Columbus day holiday), rather than Tuesday, when I have to run a lab section and then do classical mechanics until 6pm.
broken_escalator wrote:The Mako is powered by the rage of the physics it denies.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 am UTC

Also,

"4 Supports? That'll never work!"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 am UTC

Played the Steam demo. Couldn't figure out how to loot my fallen soldier. The one real map feels half the size or smaller compared to the others, and a lot more linear. Which, given the stupidly small squad, is about the only way to do it.

I'm in the Wait category. My fears could be completely unfounded, but so far it looks to be a case of "So close, yet missed the point completely"

Return to “Gaming”