The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Weeks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 pm UTC

Don't suppose you'd enchant my sword? Dull old blade can barely cut butter.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I can solve nothing but I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.

wst

Postby wst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:01 pm UTC

They don't ask me that yet, they know I couldn't enchant butter to cut more easily, let alone a sword to cut butter better.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 pm UTC

Yeah, that's a comment they don't make unless/until you're better at enchanting.

(There are mods for the regular edition that mix up NPC comments a lot more so you don't hear just the same few things over and over again, which I imagine won't take long to go on SE because the voice resources probably aren't too different in the new version.)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:18 pm UTC

They were apparently just compressed to hell but will be fixed (or has been fixed?).
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I can solve nothing but I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.

HES

Postby HES » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:51 am UTC

Is there any worth to the SE, or do I stick to my heavily modded old edition that probably looks and plays just as well?
He/Him/His Image

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:55 pm UTC

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. Gopher has a YouTube video comparing them, which I haven't watched yet since I'm doing a DLC playthrough of Fallout 4 at the moment and don't need to be tempted back to Skyrim.

(Even if it does look a bit better than my modded Skyrim, I know not all of the mods have been updated for the special edition so the original is still more worthwhile for me.)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:53 pm UTC

I'm not even considering it until SKSE comes around (used by SkyUI), and they said it would take quite some time. I'm assuming at the very least a few months.
Am I gregnant

wst

Postby wst » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 pm UTC

Apparently SkyUI is fairly functional already without SKSE.

I need to stop playing the game long enough to try fiddling with settings to see if I can improve things further. My PC auto-detected as "High", I know that my GPU hates god rays (as they're a nVidia GameWorks bit of evil), but I might manage to bump some details up before suffering frame drops.

So far I have had 100% stability in the first... erm... 26 hours of playtime.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 am UTC

Someone made this mod recently and I intend to check it out, but I'm just stunned by the visuals.

voyage_dreamborn_isles.jpg
Am I gregnant

Return to “Gaming”