Costume Quest

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Costume Quest

Postby SoapyHobo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 pm UTC

Costume Quest is now out on PC via Steam.

If you've not heard of it, it's by Tim Schafer, if you've not heard of him then I'm very sorry for you.
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Endless Mike

Re: Costume Quest

Postby Endless Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm UTC

I played through the original and expansion/sequel/whatever. It's good. Not great, but good. Unless you don't like Japanese-style RPGs, then the writing may not be quite enough to get through, but they're both pretty short from what I recall. (4-5 hours each, maybe?)

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Re: Costume Quest

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm UTC

I really enjoyed it (and the expansion). Short, fun, and silly. There's no great depth to any one part of the game. But who cares, you play kids who go into battle as a larger-than-life version of the costume they're wearing. Awesome!

Also, I just recently played another game from the same company, Stacking, which I also had a good time playing -- pretty fun premise that definitely made for some interesting puzzles -- characters are all stacking dolls; different dolls have different abilities, so you stack in and out of dolls to solve puzzles.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Return to “Gaming”