Glitch (The Game)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

RahulKolasseri

Glitch (The Game)

Postby RahulKolasseri » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:14 am UTC

So, I searched the forums, and turned up zilch on threads for this awesome game. So, umm, anyone here play it? It seems like a very xkcd-ish game, since it has almost no combat, and the community of people are the nicest game community I've every seen.
Xeio wrote:Small amounts of cancer are definately worth the awesome.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Re: Glitch (The Game)

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 am UTC

A friend of mine plays it; it seems like little big world with a grind.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:A friend of mine plays it; it seems like little big world with a grind.

Looks like little big planet with one of those ridiculous pay systems where you have to pay heaps of money for little points so that you can do anything interesting. Or you can play for free and get access to 5% of the gameplay and even in that gameplay your character is terrible at it.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:47 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Looks like little big planet with one of those ridiculous pay systems where you have to pay heaps of money for little points so that you can do anything interesting. Or you can play for free and get access to 5% of the gameplay and even in that gameplay your character is terrible at it.
I haven't played little bigplanet so I can't compare, but it's definatly not a ridiculous pay system game. The only thing that you can buy with RL money are teleportations and vanity items, and the teleportations while convienent are certainly not game breaking.

The energy is not a limit per day of actions, in fact you lose energy while logged in. But you can have a net gain of energy from harvesting meat or fruit within a few skills. I've never had any problem keeping my energy high enough to keep dicking around doing whatever I feel like doing. Taking animal kinship I, and II early definatly helps there but I imagine gardening could be pretty good as well. You should definatly get one of those two skills early.

The game seems closest to Animal Crossing but with all real people instead of animals. It's a crafting game and the fun is in exploring the wacky crafting. For example,

Spoiler:
I massaged a butterfly so I could milk it, then shook the milk to make butter, compressed the butter to make cheese, aged the cheese so it was smelly, then poked it which somehow de-aged it and gave me a "shiny rock with no intrinsic value" I have yet to figure out what to do with those. (maybe it's junk but poking smelly cheese has a chance to yield something better?)

Anyway, I'm having fun. And there is a firefox pluging to queue up your skill training which eliminates the only "annoying" aspect of the game for me. Except the connectivity problems I have playing from China, but that's a side issue.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Aiea

Postby Aiea » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:49 pm UTC

I hate you, I hate you all... I've been playing this thing non-stop since I read this post on the 20th... Gahhh.... I'm addicted.

PS, I'm Aiea in the game if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:41 am UTC

Yeah, this game ruined my sleep two nights in a row because my subconcious was still thinking about what skills I wanted to train. Even though I can hardly play it because of my connection problems.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Wombat2k

Postby Wombat2k » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:51 pm UTC

This seems to be endless grind. Why is it so addictive?
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
How is it making enough money?

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm UTC

Haven't played this, but apparently they've unlaunched it. just a heads-up.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

The game has a lot of potential but I can see its not really ready yet. They need to fix some things to scale better with more players. I think its best to forget about this game and come back when it relaunches. That said I'm already sucked in. I've got invites if anyone wants in.

Return to “Gaming”