The Last Story

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

The Last Story

Postby Joeldi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:59 am UTC

The Second Operation Rainfall game, directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame.

I'm finding the localisation really good, and the action interesting, but kinda confusing. Everything always seems to be happening at once. Calista's introduction was pretty much a carbon copy of Garnet's from FFIX. Even a few of the finer details were the same. However, I really only made this thread to say I am VERY impressed with one sequence where a character dressed in a ball-gown is thrown into combat. Soon after, she has a chance to change her clothes. And she changes into something practical, with flat shoes, that covers her entire body. This girl is meant to be the main love interest. Has something Japanese EVER not played a female character up for fan-service and objectification before?
To be fair, in the scene beforehand, she walked down some stairs and there were boobs flying everywhere, but I'm just glad to see a fictional woman not wearing stilettos while fighting monsters for once.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"
Joeldi

Return to Gaming