Borderlands 2

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Tinman42
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Tinman42 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:09 am UTC

Tinman42 wrote:Thought I would let people know, there is actually an "XKCD" reference in the game. The mission (I think it is only for zero) where you have to kill 100 bandits (level 30 mission) gives an award that is a sniper rifle of the "ex Kay Seedy" model. Pretty cool.


Update, it also talks to you while you shoot and when or reload.
-do they have topless orange juice commercials in your country?

"My stocks dropped 18 percent this week"
"well, at least we have toast"
"tru dat"

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Xeio » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 am UTC

My favorite was the cursed weapon. Would have used it more if it didn't also hit movement speed.

User avatar
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:58 pm UTC
Location: Texas

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby philsov » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm UTC

Major storyline spoiler + Siren playthrough question:

Spoiler:
Angel just died and Lilith got taken hostage as replacement. If I'm playing as Maya, is any of the dialogue different?


Anyways, the boss fight with the bunker and afterwards were really fun; I enjoy the gauntlet-ish feel and escalation of everything.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Xeio » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:51 pm UTC

philsov wrote:Major storyline spoiler + Siren playthrough question:
No.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm UTC

So, Just finished playthrough 1 with my commando. plot spoilers:

Spoiler:
The warrior looks SOO badass. seriously, I want the end of that intro cutscene (right before the splash-screen showing its name) to be my desktop background.

also, I forgot to shoot jack in the face with my pistol for the final kill. I immediately regretted killing him with my burst-rifle after I did it.


in non-specific discussion, I spent the entire time in the final boss fight sitting in the back and using up all of my ammo until it died. evidently, it can't hit you if you sit right next to the door you drop down next to, so you can spray it forever. I blasted all of my pistol, rocket, SMG and AR ammo before it died.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:21 pm UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Ralith The Third » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 am UTC

eculc wrote:So, Just finished playthrough 1 with my commando. plot spoilers:

Spoiler:
The warrior looks SOO badass. seriously, I want the end of that intro cutscene (right before the splash-screen showing its name) to be my desktop background.

also, I forgot to shoot jack in the face with my pistol for the final kill. I immediately regretted killing him with my burst-rifle after I did it.


in non-specific discussion, I spent the entire time in the final boss fight sitting in the back and using up all of my ammo until it died. evidently, it can't hit you if you sit right next to the door you drop down next to, so you can spray it forever. I blasted all of my pistol, rocket, SMG and AR ammo before it died.


Tactics spoiler for final boss.
Spoiler:
If you shoot off the glowing plates on it's chest, free crits ensue.
Omni.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 am UTC

Ralith The Third wrote:
eculc wrote:So, Just finished playthrough 1 with my commando. plot spoilers:

Spoiler:
The warrior looks SOO badass. seriously, I want the end of that intro cutscene (right before the splash-screen showing its name) to be my desktop background.

also, I forgot to shoot jack in the face with my pistol for the final kill. I immediately regretted killing him with my burst-rifle after I did it.


in non-specific discussion, I spent the entire time in the final boss fight sitting in the back and using up all of my ammo until it died. evidently, it can't hit you if you sit right next to the door you drop down next to, so you can spray it forever. I blasted all of my pistol, rocket, SMG and AR ammo before it died.


Tactics spoiler for final boss.
Spoiler:
If you shoot off the glowing plates on it's chest, free crits ensue.


yeah, well I only found that out AFTER I beat it, and then watched some videos to see the cutscene again.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Dauric
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 pm UTC
Location: In midair, traversing laterally over a container of sharks. No water, just sharks, with lasers.

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Dauric » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:54 am UTC

eculc wrote:
Ralith The Third wrote:
eculc wrote:So, Just finished playthrough 1 with my commando. plot spoilers:

Spoiler:
The warrior looks SOO badass. seriously, I want the end of that intro cutscene (right before the splash-screen showing its name) to be my desktop background.

also, I forgot to shoot jack in the face with my pistol for the final kill. I immediately regretted killing him with my burst-rifle after I did it.


in non-specific discussion, I spent the entire time in the final boss fight sitting in the back and using up all of my ammo until it died. evidently, it can't hit you if you sit right next to the door you drop down next to, so you can spray it forever. I blasted all of my pistol, rocket, SMG and AR ammo before it died.


Tactics spoiler for final boss.
Spoiler:
If you shoot off the glowing plates on it's chest, free crits ensue.


yeah, well I only found that out AFTER I beat it, and then watched some videos to see the cutscene again.


Spoiler:
Actually if you're listening to what is going on H.Jack is constantly admonishing the Warrior to guard his chest, which should be telling the players where the weak point is. Of course this is audio only, so if your speakers suck you may not be hearing it, but that's how you're supposed to be cued in to where the Warrior's weak point is.
Last edited by Dauric on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
We're in the traffic-chopper over the XKCD boards where there's been a thread-derailment. A Liquified Godwin spill has evacuated threads in a fourty-post radius of the accident, Lolcats and TVTropes have broken free of their containers. It is believed that the Point has perished.

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby AvatarIII » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 am UTC

Gaige (Mechromancer) has her own official twitter you might want to follow for information
@GBXMechromancer

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 pm UTC

Dauric wrote:
eculc wrote:
Ralith The Third wrote:
eculc wrote:So, Just finished playthrough 1 with my commando. plot spoilers:

Spoiler:
The warrior looks SOO badass. seriously, I want the end of that intro cutscene (right before the splash-screen showing its name) to be my desktop background.

also, I forgot to shoot jack in the face with my pistol for the final kill. I immediately regretted killing him with my burst-rifle after I did it.


in non-specific discussion, I spent the entire time in the final boss fight sitting in the back and using up all of my ammo until it died. evidently, it can't hit you if you sit right next to the door you drop down next to, so you can spray it forever. I blasted all of my pistol, rocket, SMG and AR ammo before it died.


Tactics spoiler for final boss.
Spoiler:
If you shoot off the glowing plates on it's chest, free crits ensue.


yeah, well I only found that out AFTER I beat it, and then watched some videos to see the cutscene again.


Spoiler:
Actually if you're listening to what is going on H.Jack is constantly admonishing the Warrior to guard his chest, which should be telling the players where the weak point is. Of course this is audio only, so if your speakers suck you may not be hearing it, but that's how you're supposed to be cued in to where the Warrior's weak point is.


spoiler'd for plot info.

also, if you're sitting in the back (like I was) then you can't hear anything he says, so that's why I didn't pick up on that.

plus, it was the 5th or 6th try and I'd given up on beating it legitimately at that point.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby AvatarIII » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 pm UTC

http://kotaku.com/5949263/you-can-print ... socialflow

Make your own Handsome Jack mask, using only a printer and a little bit of work.
Image

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 pm UTC

it doesn't change your eyes different colors though.

or turn you into a douchebag, which I suppose is a good thing.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

scienceguy8
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby scienceguy8 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 pm UTC

Tinman42 wrote:
Tinman42 wrote:Thought I would let people know, there is actually an "XKCD" reference in the game. The mission (I think it is only for zero) where you have to kill 100 bandits (level 30 mission) gives an award that is a sniper rifle of the "ex Kay Seedy" model. Pretty cool.


Update, it also talks to you while you shoot and when or reload.

There is no such thing as character-specific missions. Everyone gets to do all the missions. I did the Hyperion Contract #873 as Axton.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 am UTC

getting it playing as zero I can see how it might be believed to be a character-specific quest. I mean, zer0 is an assassin, so it makes sense for him to do something like that. of course, when you get the same quest as the commando (or any other class for that matter) it loses that little touch.

also: if you ever find a shield called "The Bee" be warned; it's a devastatingly powerful amplify-shield, to the level of game-breaking (which is actually quite difficult in borderlands, given how varied the weapons are). combining it with a powerful weapon makes you a god among men.

the one me and my friend found gives +50k damage or so, and since the amp-cost is zero as long as you don't get hit you can annihilate everything you can see.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

starslayer
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:58 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby starslayer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 am UTC

The Bee is only really useful for killing bosses. In normal gameplay, you're almost never at full shields, and The Bee has low capacity and an interminably long recharge delay; among legendary shields, something like the Impaler is a better choice. If you get the Conference Call shotgun though, you can straight up murder the end boss and Terramorphous in seconds. The Bee is not a gamebreaker, but it does make boss farming for legendaries waaaay more bearable.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Xeio » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 am UTC

Well, The Bee is getting nerfed it seems.

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby AvatarIII » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 am UTC

eculc wrote:getting it playing as zero I can see how it might be believed to be a character-specific quest. I mean, zer0 is an assassin, so it makes sense for him to do something like that. of course, when you get the same quest as the commando (or any other class for that matter) it loses that little touch.

also: if you ever find a shield called "The Bee" be warned; it's a devastatingly powerful amplify-shield, to the level of game-breaking (which is actually quite difficult in borderlands, given how varied the weapons are). combining it with a powerful weapon makes you a god among men.

the one me and my friend found gives +50k damage or so, and since the amp-cost is zero as long as you don't get hit you can annihilate everything you can see.


I got an almost game breakingly good shield a little while ago, it's not an amp shield, but it is a nova blast shield that does something like 1100 explosive damage to an 1100 radius (I haven't even come across any grenades that powerful or with such a wide radius, it also has a ~2 recharge delay and an over 200 recharge rate, which is insane), both when your shield is depleted and when your health is depleted, so every time I almost die, I get instant second wind, as long as I'm even slightly close to anyone with less than 1100 hp.

I also have a roid damage (bonus melee damage when shield is depleted) shield that has a recharge delay of over 200, and a roid damage of over 200, meaning that it is insanely good if you are a melee user.

starslayer
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:58 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby starslayer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Well, The Bee is getting nerfed it seems.
Yeah, I saw that. Honestly, if they do that, they really need to improve the drop rates for rarer loot; a common refrain on the Gearbox forums is farming bosses hundreds of times and not seeing a single orange, but constant fountains of white and green loot.

LQNightfury
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 pm UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby LQNightfury » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

There's a gun mentioned in this thread before, the 'Morningstar' it's called ingame. I think it might be a reference to the 'FPS Mod' comic from way back when, because the dialogue from the gun when you shoot sounds really familiar on that front.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 am UTC

The best course of actio might be just to include a minimum rarity value for drops from boses. requiring all of the drops to be at least green or blue would go a long way toward eliminating the complaints, especially if the number of drops is still the same.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Chen
Posts: 5487
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 pm UTC

starslayer wrote:The Bee is only really useful for killing bosses. In normal gameplay, you're almost never at full shields, and The Bee has low capacity and an interminably long recharge delay; among legendary shields, something like the Impaler is a better choice. If you get the Conference Call shotgun though, you can straight up murder the end boss and Terramorphous in seconds. The Bee is not a gamebreaker, but it does make boss farming for legendaries waaaay more bearable.


I'm still using my PT1 Bee shield at level 41 in PT2 and it works splendidly. Playing Maya generally with SMGs. I just finished Tiny Tina's missions and had no issues with the shield. It's not too difficult to just blow things away at a distance and not take damage while keeping the amp bonus. The fact that you can phase lock most bosses and just destroy them does make it pretty OP even when going through the normal story. My SMGs are around 1200 damage each whereas the PT1 Bee is still adding close to 4k to each shot.

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby AvatarIII » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

http://kotaku.com/5950020/borderlands-2 ... -character

Mechromancer available TODAY on all platforms.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 am UTC

coincidentally, the "compatibility pack" required to play online on XBL costs in excess of 4 billion Microsoft points (re equivalent of roughly $50 million in USD), thanks to a cost assignment of -1 MSP. good going, Microsoft. real smooth.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

ProZac
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 3:57 pm UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby ProZac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

Well, finally got around to beating the game with my group of cohorts.
Spoiler:
I found the ending to be severely disappointing. Story aside, Jack just kinda dies, and the final boss is reminiscent of something from the first Borderlands. Stand still and shoot. No one in our group went into FFYL, and I'm not sure we ever even lost shields. After some earlier boss fights in the game, I was expecting something much more interesting. Also, Butt Stallion.


Playthrough 2 starts soon! My friend that was playing Siren is dropping and one playing Zer0 is probably joining, so I'm debating on if I want to try and rush my Siren the rest of the way through for that or get a Mechromancer up, as opposed to continuing my Zer0 for the time being.

User avatar
Dopefish
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 am UTC
Location: The Well of Wishes

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Dopefish » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:26 pm UTC

I don't have this yet, but I definitely want it. Probably won't be getting it until the end of november or so though, so I'm stuck drooling over it for the next month and a bit.

Still, I do have a handful of questions that'll help me determine the optimal drool levels.

1. I gather there isn't any pearlescent rarity guns, but is there an equivalent? (e.g. are the orange rarity guns rarer than in the first game so they'll effectively take the place of pearls?)

2. I hear talk of banks/inter-character banks? How much bank space is there? Is there enough that someone could collect all the uniquely named guns? Is that space shared between characters, or is making "mule" characters still necessary for collecting?

3. Is there an equivalent to crawmerax? (i.e. A super strong boss that's more complicated than just point at it and shoot, that's repeatable and has tons of top end loot.)

I suspect that 1 and 3 won't be introduced until a knoxx-equivalent DLC for BL2, but maybe they were kind enough to stick such things into the vanilla game...

Also that reminds me, what's the level cap?

Chen
Posts: 5487
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Chen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm UTC

1. No pearlescent weapon yet. The latest DLC that added the new char had some leaks in it from the first campaign DLC though which appears to have a new rarity for weapons (Seraph or something).

2. Not sure what the bank space is capped at (after you buy all the upgrades to it with Eridium which is found in game). The inter-character bank is 4 spaces though.

3. There are currently 2 big boss like things to fight (aside from the final boss). A giant thresher and a giant varkid. The varkid is a pain in the ass to spawn though (you need to start at the larva stage and have them keep growing until they reach the boss stage which takes forever).

Level cap is currently 50.

douglasm
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby douglasm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 pm UTC

Dopefish wrote:1. I gather there isn't any pearlescent rarity guns, but is there an equivalent? (e.g. are the orange rarity guns rarer than in the first game so they'll effectively take the place of pearls?)

Orange rarity now exists for all item types - shields, relics, class mods, and grenade mods in addition to guns - and from what I've read orange rarity items in general are extremely rare with one specific exception for each one. It is theoretically possible to get orange items from chests, vending machines, badass enemies, and winning the jackpot on Moxxi's slot machines (and maybe some other places I don't recall), but this is extremely rare.

However, each one (aside from a few that are guaranteed as specific quest rewards) has one specific boss that has a higher chance of dropping it. For example, the Hellfire SMG is sometimes dropped by Scorch, a boss version of a fire spiderant, and is almost never acquired by any other means. All bosses (or, at least, I haven't found one yet that doesn't) respawn and can be farmed repeatedly if you really want to. Even the boss-specific drops have a pretty low chance of dropping their orange stuff, so you will probably have to farm each boss quite a bit if you really want every orange item. Look it up before trying, though; every orange may have a specific boss that drops it, but not every boss has a specific orange that he drops.

Dopefish wrote:2. I hear talk of banks/inter-character banks? How much bank space is there? Is there enough that someone could collect all the uniquely named guns? Is that space shared between characters, or is making "mule" characters still necessary for collecting?

There is an inter-character stash, but it only has room for 4 items. There is also a per-character vault, which starts out with 6 slots and can be upgraded with up to (I think) 10 more. Both of these are in the city of Sanctuary, which you reach somewhere in the mid to high single digit levels in playthrough 1.

Dopefish wrote:3. Is there an equivalent to crawmerax? (i.e. A super strong boss that's more complicated than just point at it and shoot, that's repeatable and has tons of top end loot.)

I haven't gotten there yet, but there is a post-end-game boss named Terramorphous that I think is supposed to be something like crawmerax. There is also a monster called Vermivorous the Invincible that evolves out of a lesser monster, but that monster has a lot of evolution stages and it can be difficult to get one through the entire sequence.

Dopefish wrote:Also that reminds me, what's the level cap?

50.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 pm UTC

In order: Yes, upgradeable to ~20, No, No, Yes, 50.

In more detail: pretty much what others have said =P.

also: Mechromancer is Bad Ass. she's like what maya could have been if she had more powers that buffed elemental damage like lilith did.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Dopefish
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 am UTC
Location: The Well of Wishes

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Dopefish » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 pm UTC

Thanks.

I rather enjoyed farming craw for something like 6 hours a day for a week in order to get a single pearlescent (that wasn't the one I really wanted, but still), so having something to grind at pleases me. The ability to bias the odds towards a particular orange by picking an appropriate boss to farm will be nice too.

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby 3fj » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 am UTC

The Mechromancer is so much fun. Those Anarchy stacks are ludicrous.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby AvatarIII » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 am UTC

3fj wrote:The Mechromancer is so much fun. Those Anarchy stacks are ludicrous.


I'm looking forward to giving Gaige a go, she seems like the perfect class to give all those magazine size: 2 shotguns I find to. :lol:

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby 3fj » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 am UTC

AvatarIII wrote:
3fj wrote:The Mechromancer is so much fun. Those Anarchy stacks are ludicrous.


I'm looking forward to giving Gaige a go, she seems like the perfect class to give all those magazine size: 2 shotguns I find to. :lol:

Early on I found a shotgun with a 2 round clip and 2 shot burst. Then you put a point in magazine reduction/reload speed and it just isn't worth the hassle. I'm currently hoarding Vladof pistols and anything with a high fire rate and damage with a reasonably small clip. Sub machine guns are fun in this regard.

Also I highly recommend watching Gaige's echo logs on gearbox's youtube channel. Very, very funny.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 am UTC

yeah, I'm not so much a fan of anarchy. Just beause I want to actually HIT things more than halfway through the fight without being within melee range and all.

I've found several nice elemental sniper rifles (and an e-tech fire AR) so I'm having fun with those for the time being.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

EmptySet
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby EmptySet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Anyone know if Close Enough and Anarchy work together? It seems like with enough Anarchy stacks you could rely on ricochets and still do more damage than direct shots.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:02 am UTC

I don't see any reason that they wouldn't, although it's probably easier to just shoot AT the enemy.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
kinigget
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 pm UTC
Location: the wild wild west

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby kinigget » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 am UTC

All I have to say about this game right now is that I got to kill the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. And that's awesome.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

douglasm
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby douglasm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 pm UTC

EmptySet wrote:Anyone know if Close Enough and Anarchy work together? It seems like with enough Anarchy stacks you could rely on ricochets and still do more damage than direct shots.

The real question is whether Close Enough and The Nth Degree work together.

kinigget wrote:All I have to say about this game right now is that I got to kill the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. And that's awesome.

There's also Snow Laney White and the Seven Dwarfs Midgets.

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby 3fj » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 am UTC

douglasm wrote:
EmptySet wrote:Anyone know if Close Enough and Anarchy work together? It seems like with enough Anarchy stacks you could rely on ricochets and still do more damage than direct shots.

The real question is whether Close Enough and The Nth Degree work together.


Oh god yes. I cannot wait to try this out. It seems BFF is a pretty good way to temper the risk aspect of the Anarchy tree, while Little Big Trouble is a way of making sure you're doing some huge AoE even if you miss half the time. You could also just grab 5 points in Close Enough and head up the LBT tree though. Result: AoE shock bullets that deal massive damage and ricochet everywhere.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm UTC

lutzj wrote:but HJ's death threats don't mean much when you can just respawn.


And he even knows that. There's that one side-mission...

Also, the respawn voice mentioned something like "Hyperion wishes to thank you for greatly bolstering our finances in your quest of revenge against us" or somesuch.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby eculc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:46 am UTC

Yeah, that bug I had that allowed me to farm the gold chest? It's Reproducible, although I haven't had a chance to test it with the latest patch.

also, the new super-bosses that came with the first DLC are all but immune to Bee+CC. My friend was able to solo hyperious the invincible (basically an engineer with black paint and a fuckton of health, special attacks aside) by respeccing to fill out the survival tree with the commando and using a stockpile mod for extra ammo. in other words, he's best fought with friends.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests