So Planetside 2 is free

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Re: So Planetside 2 is free

Postby Xeio » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:21 am UTC

Spambot5546 wrote:Flying Magrider. More blatant.
I'm... sure that's just a cert. :P

Koa

Postby Koa » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 am UTC

The difference between a hack and a bug is nearly indistinguishable at this point, especially with teleporting. There's also really no point to an aimbot in this game. No weapon is hitscan and it wouldn't provide much of a benefit anyway. You're much more likely to see people flying, shooting through walls and so on. Exploits rather than aids.

EmptySet

Postby EmptySet » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 am UTC

Xeio wrote:
Wow, yea, haven't seen anything so blatant as that yet. I must have been lucky not to run into any (obvious, anyway) cheaters as of yet.

Cheaters have been both frequent and frequently obvious for me, the most common being people blatantly using speedhacks. I don't know how they expect to get away with magically walking three times as fast as they should be able to.

That said, the bugginess and netcode can make it hard to detect cheats at times... I've seen weird warping and flying tanks as a result of glitches, for example. And I believe the teleportation exploit is actually made possible by screwing around with your latency to exploit the netcode, essentially making it the super-mega-extreme version of normal laggy behaviour.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:21 pm UTC

http://www.tmcheats.com/forums/f97/tm-p ... ats-11344/

This site advertise that it got Hax for Planetside2 for everything... I'm sure it's just a scam and whatever you install from this site will be a keylogger/virus/etc. Plus they'll have your credit card info when you pay. SO DON'T BE FOOLED INTO DOWNLOADING/PAYING.

What I find Interesting is the types of cheats that was listed:

The following cheats/hacks are included in both Level 1 and Level 2.

Aimbot:
•Bullet Drop Correction
•Movement Prediction
•Frame Compensation
•Aim point(red crosshair where the aimbot is aiming, along with target name)
•Auto-Switch Target Toggle
•Visible Targets Only Toggle
•Configurable Max Distance
•Configurable Aim Angle(limits the aimbots aim vectors)
•Configurable Prediction Limit
•Configurable Aim Bones
•Critical Distance(targets within this distance take priority over others)
•NEW: Visibility Checks
•Smart Target Selection
•Aim at Cloaked targets, configurable

ESP:
•Show player names
•Show player distance
•NEW: Show player skeleton
•Show player vehicles
•Barrel ESP; shows the direction a player is looking in
•Snap lines; draws a line from your position to the enemy!
•Configurable Team Colors(visible, not visible)
•Configurable Enemy Colors(visible, not visible)

NEW: Object ESP:
•Ammo kits
•Medic kits
•Air/Land Vehicles
•AntiAir Vehicles

Boxes (2D and 3D):
•Player Boxes
•Configurable for Team and/or Enemy

2D Radar:
•Shows all players/vehicles
•Configurable Colors
•Configurable Zoom/Scale Factor
•Configurable Position

Crosshair:
•Cross
•Configurable Color
•Configurable Size
•Configurable Structure

Auto:
•Auto Fire, will auto fire when the aimbot acquires a target!

Removals:
•NoRecoil
•NoSpread, all bullets hit the same point
•NoReload, dont waste time reloading!

Warnings:
•Proximity Alert
•Configurable Distance
•Aiming At Your Warnings
•Configurable for Visible / NotVisible Targets

Misc:
•Rapid bullets, fires bullets at a high rate
•Auto Zoom, auto zooms when using aimbot for added accuracy
•NEW: Auto Spot, spot all players on the map!

Shitlists:
•Friends List, add friendly players to this list to not aim at them
•Hit List, add friendly players to this list to kill them!

Profile System:
•Save Settings
•Load Settings
•Delete Settings
•Auto-Load Settings

NEW: Punkbuster Secure:
•Memory Scan Bypass
•Screenshot Bypass

The images seems legit too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:25 pm UTC

Wouldn't surprise me if it was exactly what you say.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Cobramaster
Location: Georgia Southern University Department of Chemistry, and Department of Biology.

Postby Cobramaster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 pm UTC

Well The Soltech Server is great if you play as TR, we keep Indar in a territorial flux but mostly it is to allow us the ability to recapture stuff. Amerish has now shifted to become mostly TR dominated, Occasionally the NC will get organized while we are busy elsewhere and take the continent back over but that is typically short lived. And Esamir is a decent fight between Vanu and TR for control. I must say the Indar is my favorite continent to fight on.
SlyReaper wrote:Did you never notice the etymological link between "tyrannosaur" and "tyrant"? 1% of the dinosaurs had 99% of the prey. Occupy Pangaea.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:47 pm UTC

I miss double XP. :(

Also, Crown is the worst base ever.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

So I finally Saved up 1000 Cert points to get myself the 'Stalker'

First... saving up 1000 Cert isn't hard. I have to actually stay at my Parent's place for Christmas and Missed out on all Double Xp. I still managed to pull it off in 1.5 weeks. You have to be lucky enough to join a successful squad capping in empty continents. Small Cap points gives you 250 while large gives you 1000 just for sitting in sundarers/Galaxys. Easy enough Task if you are meeting with minimual resistances.

The Stalker (or it's equilivant in other Factions, They are all basically the same guy with different names for balance's sake) it's excately what I've expected. Low damage, small bullet spread at close range, huge bullet spread at mid and long range, small Clip size, high Firing rate, and huge bullet drop at medium-long range.

What makes it good is that it's the only viable semi-automatic for infliltrator. That means it offers a different but fun and viable playstyle: the ability to stealth behind enemy lines, go up close, unload behind their back at close range, and hopefully he didn't upgrade his HP too much so you finish him off with your pistol.

A single headshot won't kill when you are shooting with a Stalker, so you are better off spraying at his chest area. As I've stated before The Stalker operates much like a semi-automatic and you can't really snipe with it. We were assaulting the Crown last night against TR and I was behind enemy lines trying to snipe at Infantry from one end of the bridge to another... the bullet drop was crazy... I tried to tap fire but while it was hitting the target, it wasn't sufficient damage to kill him. I would have easily gotten a headshot if I was using the bolt sniper riftle instead.

I understand that it's important for easy weapon to have it's own limitation thou. A weapons that's sufficient useful in all situation would be completely unbalanced in the hand of people who use cheats and that'll just destroy the game. Right now even cheaters are somewhat limited to what they can do... the only thing I feel that's OP is aircraft with tracking anti-personale missiles. Once they locked you, you are dead.

I'll got the 6x zoom with the Stalker, and is planning to get 200 cert to get the frontal grip and the laser point upgrade. I don't expect sufficent improvement but the grip will help accracy at mid range and laser pointer are just cool.

I don't understand why you'll need 2 scopes on a sniper rifle thou... I just get Max zoom. Maybe somebody can help me out here.

The crown is a what Sun Tzu Art of War call "Enclosed Ground"... Sure it's hard to assault, but at the same time it's pretty hard to attack from either. The surrounding cap point are all around the same elevation as it's base, seperated from a valley that offeres little to no coverage, and the bridge between serves as a narrow choke that can bog down traffic from both side. What people do to cap the crown is really to capture all the bases surrounding it and then slowly starve them out of vechile and aircraft points, or wait until the population goes down.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

Do people actually run out of vehicle points? I've literally never ran into a situation where I couldn't deploy something due to points, it's always a timer (maybe if you max-cert the timer reduction, and then just die a lot and always spawn a new vehicle). Usually whenever I remember I try to spam the "buy grenade/medpack" just to drain my infantry points.

I got lots of certs from the double xp though, haven't really bought any weapons, mostly just upgrading abilities. My Magrider is doing fairly well on upgrades now (those last levels are sooo expensive though), I should probably work towards a better secondary for it.

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:08 am UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:I don't understand why you'll need 2 scopes on a sniper rifle thou... I just get Max zoom. Maybe somebody can help me out here.

A 12x scope reduces your vision to a tiny, tiny sliver. That makes target acquisitions more time consuming and increases your risk of missing some other infiltrator and getting counter sniped. It also makes hitting moving targets at slightly harder when they are closer. If you are a dedicated sniper then it might be worth buying lots of the scopes for your weapons to use at different ranges. But otherwise I think the x8 does most of the likely engagement ranges quite nicely.

Xeio wrote:Do people actually run out of vehicle points? I've literally never ran into a situation where I couldn't deploy something due to points, it's always a timer (maybe if you max-cert the timer reduction, and then just die a lot and always spawn a new vehicle). Usually whenever I remember I try to spam the "buy grenade/medpack" just to drain my infantry points.

If you're warpgated then you can deplete your resources pretty easily. Most of the time it isn't an issue though.

Xeio wrote:I got lots of certs from the double xp though, haven't really bought any weapons, mostly just upgrading abilities. My Magrider is doing fairly well on upgrades now (those last levels are sooo expensive though), I should probably work towards a better secondary for it.

[insert magrider rant here]
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 am UTC

Kulantan wrote:
Xeio wrote:I got lots of certs from the double xp though, haven't really bought any weapons, mostly just upgrading abilities. My Magrider is doing fairly well on upgrades now (those last levels are sooo expensive though), I should probably work towards a better secondary for it.

[insert magrider rant here]
:mrgreen:

That laser secondary needs a nerf definately. <_<

Somewhat interesting post regarding the game. I like a lot of the ideas there (yes, please, grenades more expensive!). And it would be nice to see some XP actually be awarded for defenses. Now the question is whether on not SOE will act on any of it.

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 am UTC

Xeio wrote::mrgreen:

That laser secondary needs a nerf definately. <_<

Solution to tank balance: -5% side armor on the mag + swap prowler and mag abilities since prowler are supposed to be the close range tanks and mags are snipers. The weapons are pretty much fine, even the Saron.
TEAM SHIVAHN

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

Kulantan wrote:
Nylonathatep wrote:I don't understand why you'll need 2 scopes on a sniper rifle thou... I just get Max zoom. Maybe somebody can help me out here.

A 12x scope reduces your vision to a tiny, tiny sliver. That makes target acquisitions more time consuming and increases your risk of missing some other infiltrator and getting counter sniped. It also makes hitting moving targets at slightly harder when they are closer. If you are a dedicated sniper then it might be worth buying lots of the scopes for your weapons to use at different ranges. But otherwise I think the x8 does most of the likely engagement ranges quite nicely.

Different Playstyle then... I never use the scope to hunt down targets. Once I arrived at a safe sniper spot, I keep spamming Q all over the screen until red circle shows up, and then zoom in for the headshot. Yes the Zoom does limit your vision quite a bit, but with Q Spam you really never have to look hard for targets in normal view.

Cobramaster
Location: Georgia Southern University Department of Chemistry, and Department of Biology.

Postby Cobramaster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am UTC

I use the 12x scope but I also tend to snipe at near maximum draw distance so I need it. But if you are not playing at Max settings or tend to play in the mid range or use a semi-automatic the 12x will be a hindrance unless you are just really good at target acquisition then you could wield the rifle like a scalpel.

For Vehicle points I can sometimes get to the low point on Air points if the other guys AA is up to snuff given the fragility of the mosquito, but for ground vehicles I have never had an issue. Also when it comes to aircraft it seems to be that the hover frame gives as much of a speed boost when using the lift to move forward akin to a helicopter as the racer frame and nearly as much maneuvering as the dogfighting frame, but thats just my experience.
SlyReaper wrote:Did you never notice the etymological link between "tyrannosaur" and "tyrant"? 1% of the dinosaurs had 99% of the prey. Occupy Pangaea.

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 am UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:Different Playstyle then... I never use the scope to hunt down targets. Once I arrived at a safe sniper spot, I keep spamming Q all over the screen until red circle shows up, and then zoom in for the headshot. Yes the Zoom does limit your vision quite a bit, but with Q Spam you really never have to look hard for targets in normal view.

Yep, that is a better way to do it. However, there is a problem. The incoming hotfix/mini-patch is going to make it so you have to be more accurate while spotting. Other incoming changes are a nerf to Lib weapons, increasing the distance a which burster render and a fix for the jump jet bug.
TEAM SHIVAHN

Blog.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm UTC

I don't see why lib needs to be nerfed, I don't think I've ever had to deal with a lib that's lasted for more than 30 seconds or so before being shot down by a horde of Bursters or ESFs, And TBH that's exactly why I haven't bothered getting in one. I don't feel like they're useful enough to justify the fact that they're SO easy to take down, on account of moving so slow.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 pm UTC

My outfit has a guy who uses his lib solo to dogfight ESFs. Tank buster and High-G. He pretty much wrecks anything but a coordinated 3+ group of ESFs. We also took took 3 Libs (high-g, afterburners and zephyrs) on a killing spree one night. With no other coordinated support we racked up 1500 kills between us over 4 hours with only 2 lib deaths. The start of this was clearing out Mesa Skydock which one TR outfit on our sever likes to camp in with 10-15 bursters. For that we did have another outfit providing a ground attack to cap it. However they were being farmed hard by turrets and MAXs on the pad before we rocked up with the Libs.

Libs were pretty OP, when flown/upgraded well. We'll see how they are after the nerf. Even more we'll see how the skies are when they bring in the "get exp for damaging vehicles" change in the next big patch.
TEAM SHIVAHN

Blog.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 am UTC

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2

Live dev Q&A of some of the changes incoming. They showed some base layout and weapon changes (it's much harder to accidentally run over or be run over in amp station vehicle spawns, yay).

Technical Ben

Postby Technical Ben » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2

Live dev Q&A of some of the changes incoming. They showed some base layout and weapon changes (it's much harder to accidentally run over or be run over in amp station vehicle spawns, yay).

When your looking to ask players to pay for in game things, don't intakill them or make them fall through the floor to then wait for the cooldowntimers/newpoints to get another. Kind of the first rule of gaming (not). ;)
It's all physics and stamp collecting.
It's not a particle or a wave. It's just an exchange.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am UTC

Woo, last level of repair gun, now I can rep a turret in under 2 charges. :mrgreen:

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 am UTC

I'd love to play this some more.

Sadly, I can't find a solid group which can actually communicate. There an XKCD group of some sort?
Omni.

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am UTC

Not that I'm aware of. The official forum does have a recruiting section split by server. You might be able to find a group you like there. If you happen to be NC on Briggs the outfit I'm in is still recruiting.
TEAM SHIVAHN

Blog.

Larry

Postby Larry » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 am UTC

I'd just popped into this thread to say how much fun I'm having, but it turns out I'm NC on Briggs too. What's the outfit? I've pubbed along with [MVEE] once or twice and it was glorious.

Today was a good day. I hopped in a reaver to head off & defend Zurvan amp station. Unusually, the skies were quite crowded with NC aircraft. Normally this faction is terrified of flying, nevermind running a nice big tank zerg. Felt really good to survive more than 30 seconds in the air, actually get a few air & tank kills, and contribute something to the fight.

1/12 galaxies are like big xp pinatas

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 am UTC

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

Some nice things on the horizon, and now we can provide feedback directly to them.

On the other hand... crates. Noooooooo.

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 am UTC

The Dalton for the liberator being on sale today finally convinced me to throw some money at my screen & get some station cash.

I normally play with the Rock, Paper, Shotgun outfit as Vanu Sovereignty on Miller.

Regarding crates: It's impressive how clearly negative the feedback in that thread is.
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

Well, the super mega hugemongous (4ishG) patch of awesome has come out. A bunch of rebalancing, some new weapons, buffs and nerfs, and so on.

I'm really excited //_^

Now the damn thing just needs to download //_x
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

Putting patch notes on the forums is apparently a bad plan. I think while everyone is/was waiting to download and the servers come back up they overloaded the forums.

I'm surprised they didn't delay this till Monday after they missed Thursday. Patch+Downtime on a Saturday is sorta meh.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

I'm just hoping that there's enough code optimization for me to run at more than 20 FPS now =/

Dthen

Postby Dthen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

Hmm. My frames per second seems jittery post-update. This makes flying liberators through gaps between rocks which they really shouldn't be able to fit through more difficult than it already is... :roll:

Larry

Postby Larry » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 am UTC

I haven't played all week due work. Really looking forward to screaming around in my Lightning again.

Regarding FPS issues with the new patch, I've heard you may need to delete/rename your UserOptions file and re-do all your configs.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 am UTC

Dthen wrote:Hmm. My frames per second seems jittery post-update. This makes flying liberators through gaps between rocks which they really shouldn't be able to fit through more difficult than it already is... :roll:
I've noticed rubberbanding in vehicles I hadn't seen prior to the update, but no FPS issues. Possible the servers are overloaded or something though.

I feel like they may have gone overboard with the tunnels, but I'll have to see how they play once I get some more chances to defend using them. I do like the spawn room redesigns though, and the new towers design.

Dthen

Postby Dthen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 am UTC

Yeah, it seems that the majority of the FPS issues are either (in-game) location-based or server lag, as our entire platoon were having FPS drops at the same time tonight.

Larry

Postby Larry » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

ugh, every time I spawned a tank the cannon didn't work. Like it made a sound but no shell came out.

Secondary gun works, I landed 5 shots in a row on a liberator with my Enforcer. Barely scratched it >.<

Cobramaster

Postby Cobramaster » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

They have fixed everything they well and truly broke in the updates and cannons and aircraft weaponry now work along with turrets, so no more Vanu beating everyone with their unbroken fighters and magriders.

Larry

Postby Larry » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Hahaha! Oh, you...

Though I heard that the magrider forward+strafe nerf actually broke them a little bit more than intended. I would have thought broken tank guns was hilarious except I had just come upon a deployed Sunderer with heaps of infantry swarming around it, and no way to harvest all of that delicious xp.

I wonder what they'll break next patch? :lol:

Kulantan

Postby Kulantan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 am UTC

Cobramaster wrote:They have fixed everything they well and truly broke in the updates

Well except for the frame stutter stuff, which they are still working on. Oh and there appears to be some bug with acquisition timers. Plus that bug where you die if you drop lightly on to a vehicle. There is also the vehicle handling issues.
TEAM SHIVAHN

Blog.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am UTC

Anyone know of a good outfit on either Genudine or Helios?

I'm looking.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Larry

Postby Larry » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 am UTC

Game Update 04 is out.

Highlights include a VR training area where you can try out every weapon/vehicle/attachment for free, and 2-4x experience for vehicle kills. Oh, and the Flash ATV now has a second seat, and cloaking if you're an infiltrator.

Account-wide StationCash unlocks are still being worked on, as are the new empire-specific rocket-launchers.

Some patch notes are here. A preview video for this month's stuff (including the things that aren't in yet) is here.

Saving up for Racer 3 on my lightning, the speed and acceleration is incredible. Though every single tank duel ends with me crashing into a rock or tree and losing all of my speed. Really have to practice checking forward view all the time, and not fixate on my target.

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Some undocumented patchnotes with this patch:

-C4 bricks will now despawn when the person who placed them dies. That means no more kamikaze-placement of a couple bricks and getting shot before you can use them, then respawning and pushing the button.
-Concussion grenades will now reverse the mouse-aiming of people who are hit. Movement speed is still slowed. I don't know if aiming speed is still slowed.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

Return to “Gaming”