Ingress - Foresquare with future sounds

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Re: Ingress - Foresquare with future sounds

Postby freezeblade » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 pm UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:On a related note, anyone here involved in Operation Portal Recon? Any thoughts on it?

As far as I understand, this operation's goal is creating/submitting more portals in rural or less populated areas? I'm all for it, when I go back to my hometown for holidays, there is maybe 1-2 portals in the entire town. That said, out here in the SF bay area, we're got portals coming out of our...well, you get the idea.

I'm currently level 8 now, and hang with the east bay community a little bit. My little chunk of the east bay is pretty blue, but that is very much non-indicative of the bay area in general, which is quite over-run by frogs.

edit: Oh me yarm. this was my 1000th post!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

PhoenixEnigma

Re: Ingress - Foresquare with future sounds

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:50 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:
PhoenixEnigma wrote:On a related note, anyone here involved in Operation Portal Recon? Any thoughts on it?
As far as I understand, this operation's goal is creating/submitting more portals in rural or less populated areas? I'm all for it, when I go back to my hometown for holidays, there is maybe 1-2 portals in the entire town. That said, out here in the SF bay area, we're got portals coming out of our...well, you get the idea.

Pretty much as I understand it - crowdsource the processing of portal creation and possibly change/remove requests, initially to clear the backlog and then hopefully to allow new portal submissions. So far, no new portals for us, but OPR hasn't been rolled out to Canada yet so it's unlikely there's been much reviewing happening here yet (despite a recent spat of portal removals). I'm hoping it will bring more rural portals as well - we're dense enough in major urban areas, at least, but I'd love to see more options off the beaten path.
edit: Oh me yarm. this was my 1000th post![/quote]
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Return to “Gaming”