Darren Aronosky's Noah

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

CorruptUser

Darren Aronosky's Noah

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

So, Darren Aronofsky quit the Robocop reboot a few years back to film Noah instead. Stars Russel Crowe as Noah, Jennifer Connelly as his wife, also Emma Watson. It's in post production, to be released at the end of March. There were some complaints by religious people about how Noah was a drunk (even though that's in the bible).

Knowing Aronofsky, $5 says he includes the scene where Ham (Noah's son) has sex with his mom (also in the bible; seriously that book is NOT safe for kids). Wouldn't be the first really unsexy sex scene with Jennifer Connelly in an Aronofsky film...

charliepanayi

Re: Darren Aronosky's Noah

Postby charliepanayi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

Love Aronofsky's last two films but the trailer and tagline for this one seemed really generic. Hope it's a lot better than it looks anyway.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm UTC

charliepanayi wrote:Love Aronofsky's last two films but the trailer and tagline for this one seemed really generic. Hope it's a lot better than it looks anyway.

Agreed. I absolutely loved Black Swan, but this one's trailer makes it look like a generic disaster movie.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm UTC

Watching the trailer made me think of this...
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 pm UTC

Zarq wrote:
charliepanayi wrote:Love Aronofsky's last two films but the trailer and tagline for this one seemed really generic. Hope it's a lot better than it looks anyway.

Agreed. I absolutely loved Black Swan, but this one's trailer makes it look like a generic disaster movie.

Apparently they have gone with Aronofsky's cut (rather than tinker with it) which is good anyway.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Knowing Aronofsky, $5 says he includes the scene where Ham (Noah's son) has sex with his mom (also in the bible; seriously that book is NOT safe for kids).

It's not clear what Ham did, but he also may have raped or castrated Noah when Noah was black out drunk. Or had sex with his mom. The translation is "he saw Noah's nakedness", so... who knows. :?
-Adam

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:24 am UTC

This looks really interesting. I think the preview edit is designed to make it look like your generic action and/or disaster epic for marketing purposes. I find it really difficult to imagine Aronofsky actually making a movie that is just another Hollywood epic. And I would not put it past him to put at least a bit of the more "controversial" subject matter into this, rather than the disney version of a 'dude building an ark and putting animals on it and that's the story.'

Lindemannade

Postby Lindemannade » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm UTC

I'm not certain what to make of it just yet, but the fact the studio were reluctant to go with but eventually have chosen to go with Aronofsky's cut of the film fills me with hope that there's more to this than the trailers have made out so far. Also I've enjoyed his movies more the longer he's been working and I adored Black Swan, so here's hoping Noah keeps up his good work.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”