Jurassic World

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Tyndmyr
Posts: 11213
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm UTC

"We don't actually know what it is, but a single medium sized wall should be good".

User avatar
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 am UTC
Location: Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Weeks » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Absolutely.

Image
OK I take it back.

I will say though that half of Godzilla was spent just waiting for the fight, like it was the main entry and it just took a while to cook, while this one was more like dessert. I guess? They were both fun though for sure.
NieXS wrote:Oh god that smiley ruined it.
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

User avatar
Christo
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Christo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am UTC

I've got to say, I was not into it. I mean for the first three-quarters it was OK. It was a rehash of what's come before with some tongue-in-cheek moments of, "Look how we've amped it up 20 years later." And the ideas were all recycled. And then...
Spoiler:
the weaponization idea, which was pulled from Aliens, was OK


And I was doing fine with it.

But then...

Spoiler:
What the hell was the ending? Why in the world did the raptors, T-Rex, and water dino join forces with the humans? What was that? It made no kinds of sense!


The whole point of sci-fi is to explore ideas, and this movie was ultimately without any--except maybe Kumbaya with dinosaurs.
www.cuttingroomcomic.com - a twice a week webcomic about recently released and upcoming movies.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Jurassic World

Postby roband » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am UTC

Christo wrote:But then...

Spoiler:
What the hell was the ending? Why in the world did the raptors, T-Rex, and water dino join forces with the humans? What was that? It made no kinds of sense!


The whole point of sci-fi is to explore ideas, and this movie was ultimately without any--except maybe Kumbaya with dinosaurs.

Spoiler:
Well, the raptors have been trained to work with Chris Pratt, right? So that half makes sense.
The T-Rex is just dealing with the biggest aggressor who is there. If you're a person and there's a dog trying to bite you, and a flea, you're gonna deal with the dog first, right?
And the water dino hasn't had anything to eat since the great white in the opening scene, so it's taking whatever it can get - I'd imagine.

It's all flawless logic when you think about it.

User avatar
Christo
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Christo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:35 pm UTC

roband wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, the raptors have been trained to work with Chris Pratt, right? So that half makes sense.
The T-Rex is just dealing with the biggest aggressor who is there. If you're a person and there's a dog trying to bite you, and a flea, you're gonna deal with the dog first, right?
And the water dino hasn't had anything to eat since the great white in the opening scene, so it's taking whatever it can get - I'd imagine.

It's all flawless logic when you think about it.


Inconceivable!

Spoiler:
Why would the raptors switch sides back and forth so quickly? And I'm not even sure how the water dino saw what was happening. But here's my bigger gripe: There was no idea behind it. There could have been. They could have developed Pratt's bit about the animal growing up in isolation and how it doesn't know how it fits into things, so everything else is opposed to it. Perhaps its origins lead all the other animals to experience a sort of revulsion. But the raptor double cross has to go.
www.cuttingroomcomic.com - a twice a week webcomic about recently released and upcoming movies.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Jurassic World

Postby roband » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:39 pm UTC

Spoiler:
You've never seen an animal torn between instinct and what it's been taught are "the rules"?

It happens.

User avatar
Christo
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Christo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:44 pm UTC

I just don't think it makes for good story telling or for good development of theme.
www.cuttingroomcomic.com - a twice a week webcomic about recently released and upcoming movies.

Tyndmyr
Posts: 11213
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:59 pm UTC

Christo wrote:
roband wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, the raptors have been trained to work with Chris Pratt, right? So that half makes sense.
The T-Rex is just dealing with the biggest aggressor who is there. If you're a person and there's a dog trying to bite you, and a flea, you're gonna deal with the dog first, right?
And the water dino hasn't had anything to eat since the great white in the opening scene, so it's taking whatever it can get - I'd imagine.

It's all flawless logic when you think about it.


Inconceivable!

Spoiler:
Why would the raptors switch sides back and forth so quickly? And I'm not even sure how the water dino saw what was happening. But here's my bigger gripe: There was no idea behind it. There could have been. They could have developed Pratt's bit about the animal growing up in isolation and how it doesn't know how it fits into things, so everything else is opposed to it. Perhaps its origins lead all the other animals to experience a sort of revulsion. But the raptor double cross has to go.


It's more odd that the creature raised in isolation is so good at communicating with it's partially related brothers.

Earlier in the movie, I honestly thought they'd make it part human, so you get fun ethical dilemmas and such. But...I shoulda known better. It's jurassic park, I should just feel lucky they didn't solve problems via gymnast.

KrytenKoro
Posts: 1487
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby KrytenKoro » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 pm UTC

Tyndmyr wrote:Earlier in the movie, I honestly thought they'd make it part human, so you get fun ethical dilemmas and such.

Man, I thought I was the only one.
From the elegant yelling of this compelling dispute comes the ghastly suspicion my opposition's a fruit.

User avatar
mathmannix
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby mathmannix » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm UTC

Actually, I still think there was human DNA in the I. rex. They just didn't mention it in the movie...
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

User avatar
PolakoVoador
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: Jurassic World

Postby PolakoVoador » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm UTC

That was an abondoned idea from an earlier script.

User avatar
Christo
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Christo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 am UTC

KrytenKoro wrote:
Tyndmyr wrote:Earlier in the movie, I honestly thought they'd make it part human, so you get fun ethical dilemmas and such.

Man, I thought I was the only one.


Same here. When they were talking about weaponizing it, I had flashbacks to the Aliens movies, and thought of an dino/human crossover ala, the Baby from Alien: Resurrection.
www.cuttingroomcomic.com - a twice a week webcomic about recently released and upcoming movies.

User avatar
mathmannix
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby mathmannix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:12 pm UTC

They're probably saving that for the sequel. Jurassic Army? Jurassic War?
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5083
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Jurassic World

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:14 pm UTC

World War J
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby Flumble » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 pm UTC

You know the drill:


Jurassic 2: Electric Boogaloo

User avatar
mathmannix
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Jurassic World

Postby mathmannix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:16 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:You know the drill:

Jurassic 2: Electric Boogaloo

More like
Jurassic 5: The Final Frontier
(I can't think of any other named 5th 4th sequels - which in themselves are rare - obviously not counting Star Wars. Although apparently Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Ice Age 5, and Rambo 5 are all coming out eventually...)
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Jurassic World

Postby roband » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:41 pm UTC

4 Fast 4 Furious


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests