Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Flumble
Yes Man

Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Flumble » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 pm UTC

It's a cartoon show with a scientist granddad alcoholic and his anxious grandchild who go on adventures in all of time and space the multiverse. It doesn't (regularly) have time travel, Rick just has a spacecar and a dimension portal gun. Also everyone's eyes are black specks on white –it never stops weirding you out.

Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it? Just kidding, it's rhetorical; of course you're going to watch the series right now, or else Rick will destroy our galaxy because he feeds on our Rick and Morty Brainwaves©.

There's a couple of episodes available for free if you're interested and lacking other means to watch it: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/pilot/

© I totally stole that concept from last episode. But unlike Rick, I'm not a hypocrite about it.

Tyndmyr

Re: Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

The pilot is actually a little rocky. Pretty much everyone I know was sorta "eh" at first, but rapidly grew addicted as they got further in. It's particularly good if you're a ravenous fan of sci-fi, etc, because they have a pretty blistering pace of blowing through sci fi conceits.

Flumble wrote:Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it?

Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

Tyndmyr

Rick and Morty

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 pm UTC

Best thing on television. Seriously. Watch it. Finishing up season 2 right now, and it's basically a fast paced demented sci fi cartoon.

KnightExemplar

Re: Rick and Morty

Postby KnightExemplar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

The show is very intelligent, but the jackass effect is a bit too strong for me. I can only watch a one or two episodes at a time tops before Rick pisses me off. I typically watch it online when I'm in the mood... but I guess I'm into more pleasant things now.
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:57 pm UTC

They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Venture Bros. And rewatching Rick and Morty.

For a year and a half.

*grips chair tightly*

FearoftheDomo-Kun

Postby FearoftheDomo-Kun » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am UTC

Just started watching, almost through first season.

This is really frickin' good.
So glad to meet you, Angeles

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

Saturday, April 1, [as] aired the Season 3 premiere with no advance notice instead of their regularly scheduling programming. They're airing it every night this week at 10pm. I caught it last night, though my cable guide still said Bob's Burgers.
Spoiler:
I'm glad original Summer was OK. When new Summer was trying the alternate universe goggles, she just mentioned board games, with no mention of Cronenbergs. I thought maybe that meant original Summer had died, so new Summer wasn't seeing her reality.

I wonder if they foreshadowed the eventual series finale:
Spoiler:
Rick finds a parallel universe where that Mulan movie spawned a franchise, and the sauce was never discontinued.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”