Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

cephalopod9

Re: Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby cephalopod9 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:19 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I'm not sure if you were kidding here, but I think ultimately we see a trail of optimism and determination in a lot of the characters.

I was responding to the assertion that fans of the show "should feel bad".

It's saturated with self loathing, and built on sardonic, and overtly nihilistic themes. It's not all, or even mostly bad feelings, but they're in there.

It's also engaging, and layered, but it gets some misplaced defensiveness from it's audience. It's a crass, cartoon comedy. Fans should enjoy that it's a dumb cartoon show, and not try to hype it for something it's not.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 pm UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:...but it gets some misplaced defensiveness from it's audience.

Oh, I think at least some of the shows audience, at large, has shown themselves to completely miss the point and be pretty awful. The sort of people who watch Fight Club and conclude that starting a fight club is a good idea.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:13 am UTC

Any show can have hyper sensitive, awful, offensive fans. Even kids' shows with no offensive content. Like My Little Pony has all the dude-bros watching now. Anyways, I think it is just a crass cartoon show, and not to set one's hopes high. I've only seen one episode I love and the rest were lukewarm. It's not for everyone because of its absurdity and crudeness. And the sci fi bits tend to fly way, way over my head. <3 You Rick and Morty. F-Forever and ever a hundred years....
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”