jedi blood transfusions

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

drewder
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 am UTC

jedi blood transfusions

Postby drewder » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:07 am UTC

So if you get a blood transfusion from a Jedi do you get Jedi powers?

User avatar
mathmannix
Posts: 1445
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby mathmannix » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:34 pm UTC

Well... yes according to Darths and Droids anyway!

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0086.html
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:43 pm UTC

Wouldn't doing so also weaken the donor? For that matter, wouldn't bleeding a lot weaken a Jedi? Is Darth Vader weaker than Anakin?

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:21 pm UTC

Blech mitichlorians are bullshit.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:47 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Blech mitichlorians are bullshit.


Your anger makes you strong.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8515
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Zohar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:46 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:Wouldn't doing so also weaken the donor? For that matter, wouldn't bleeding a lot weaken a Jedi? Is Darth Vader weaker than Anakin?

Most people are weaker after bleeding a lot.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:18 pm UTC

I cannot think of something suitably sarcastic to say in response.

midichlorians.jpg

rmsgrey
Posts: 3616
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby rmsgrey » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:58 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:Wouldn't doing so also weaken the donor? For that matter, wouldn't bleeding a lot weaken a Jedi? Is Darth Vader weaker than Anakin?


Depends how midichlorians reproduce - is there a target level in a given individual's system that they home in on, or do you get your entire allocation early in life, and then any losses are permanent?

Does a transfusion permanently give you Force powers, or is it only while those midichlorians last?

Can you make a super-Jedi by giving them transfusions from, say, fifty donors? (spread over a suitable period of time)

Is it possible to use your midichlorians to possess someone else's body after giving them blood?

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2236
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Flumble » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:Depends how midichlorians reproduce - is there a target level in a given individual's system that they home in on, or do you get your entire allocation early in life, and then any losses are permanent?

Does a transfusion permanently give you Force powers, or is it only while those midichlorians last?

Can you make a super-Jedi by giving them transfusions from, say, fifty donors? (spread over a suitable period of time)

Is it possible to use your midichlorians to possess someone else's body after giving them blood?

List of things that will not be explored in the next film.

User avatar
PolakoVoador
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby PolakoVoador » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:04 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:Depends how midichlorians reproduce - is there a target level in a given individual's system that they home in on, or do you get your entire allocation early in life, and then any losses are permanent?

Does a transfusion permanently give you Force powers, or is it only while those midichlorians last?

Can you make a super-Jedi by giving them transfusions from, say, fifty donors? (spread over a suitable period of time)

Is it possible to use your midichlorians to possess someone else's body after giving them blood?

List of things that will not be explored in the next film.


You don't know that.

User avatar
Whizbang
The Best Reporter
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Whizbang » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:18 pm UTC

Impossible.jpg

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5401
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby mosc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

The world works better if you accept that medicloriens are bacteria ATTRACTED to a person's force power and not the CAUSE of that power. If you lost your force power you'd lose your medicloriens. If you got power, you'd attract them. If you took somebody's medicloriens you'd fool a stupid test, till the bacteria died off or whatever, but wouldn't have force powers.

You know, cause that way you can measure over 9000 units when you're not hiding it.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

cphite
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby cphite » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 pm UTC

mosc wrote:The world works better if you accept that medicloriens are bacteria ATTRACTED to a person's force power and not the CAUSE of that power. If you lost your force power you'd lose your medicloriens. If you got power, you'd attract them. If you took somebody's medicloriens you'd fool a stupid test, till the bacteria died off or whatever, but wouldn't have force powers.

You know, cause that way you can measure over 9000 units when you're not hiding it.


Exactly!

This would also explain why being who don't even have blood, like Darth Grievous or the Iron Knights, are able to use the Force; and also how Anakin, Obi-wan, and Yoda are able to continue using Force powers after death - appearing as spirits, or Obi-wan guiding Luke during the attack on the Death Star.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5401
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby mosc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:43 am UTC

of course, that's directly contradicted by episode 1 so just... ignore that part. And a few other parts. And make sure not to watch updated version of the original trilogy... or basically anything Lucas did after 1990.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6276
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby Jorpho » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:44 am UTC

cphite wrote:Darth Grievous
Um. Is that a thing? I tried Googling.

cphite
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby cphite » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:09 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:
cphite wrote:Darth Grievous
Um. Is that a thing? I tried Googling.


Sorry, it's actually General Grievous not Darth. Still, it's odd that it wouldn't come up in Google...

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26510
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm UTC

Grevious. What you get when someone looks at Vader and assumes it was the asthmatic cyborg part that made him an interesting character and thus the way to top him is to crank both the cyborg AND asthmatic parts to 11. And then adds three more laser swords because fuck you.


That, or they decided to split the character and give the actual interesting parts to Christopher Lee, then saddle him with a name that's almost, but not quite, literal shit. Again, because fuck you.

Probably because we didn't love Jar Jar hard enough.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5401
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby mosc » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:34 pm UTC

Grevious wasn't a force user any more than Han Solo was a force user.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26510
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:15 am UTC

Never said he was.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1264
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby JudeMorrigan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:32 pm UTC

cphite did though.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26510
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: jedi blood transfusions

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:18 am UTC

Ah.

Given mosc just now (..okay, 2 days ago) noticed something that he'd already replied to (nearly two months prior), you can understand my confusion.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests