Grimm

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Sprocket
Seymour

Grimm

Postby Sprocket » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 pm UTC

So this show is on its sixth season, and still doesn't have a thread here. (that I have been able to find)

A lot has changed this season. I'm a little surprised with the way they got rid of
Spoiler:
Juliet
, and its being so final and stuff. I hope we get back to Nick's weird state in the first episode, and I hope that comes back to have some...meaning...importance. Some thing about something he missed, and
Spoiler:
Juliet's
yet-to-happen funeral etc.
Him being totes honky-dory with Adelind is teh fucked up though. As far as I'm concerned she was only
Spoiler:
pregnant
because
Spoiler:
she raped him
, and I'm really so not cozy with all that.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Re: Grimm

Postby Whizbang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:54 pm UTC

Yeah, messed up things regarding
Spoiler:
Juliet

and
Spoiler:
Adelind.

One thing, regarding Adelind
Spoiler:
She is also suppressing her Hexenbeast side, which has drastically calmed her and made her more likable and friendly. Doesn't change anything about what she did, but the whole thing with Juliet was to show that Hexenbeasts, and perhaps all Wesen, are very much influenced by their nature. It could be argued that Adelind is now a different person, at least temporarily.

Regarding the reason Adelind is with Nick
Spoiler:
I am totally excited to see what results from mixing Grimm and Hexenbeast. Adelind's first child is obviously very special because of the Royal/Zauberbiest/Hexenbeast mixture.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:08 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Adelind herself said that she was different because she wasn't a Hexenbeast at the moment, and didn't want to turn back into one.

I'm still waiting for Nick's zombie nature to come back out. Whatever happened to the super-hearing, heart slowing thing?
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 pm UTC

Spoiler:
They referenced the super hearing thing this season. They zoomed in on his ear and he heard a creaking sound. He, for some reason, irrationally concluded it was Juliet and he ran upstairs looking for her (which was odd because he was acting/behaving mostly normal before that so going full delusional jarred with me). I don't know about the zombie thing. I guess they'll just ignore it until they can shoehorn it into another episode.

Nick's powers and fighting abilities are very much plot driven, it seems. A few seasons ago he took out several royal assassins that were supposedly the best of the best. It didn't even seem to give Nick any trouble. And yet this season we see him getting knocked around by common Wesen, and even saved by Hank a couple of times.

maybeagnostic

Postby maybeagnostic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

It is a strange start to the season, that's for sure. I am really uncomfortable with the...
Spoiler:
... Nick and Adelind storyline. Sure, the child was born and all but everyone (Nick included) is just acting like Nick needs to get over everything and take care of the baby. They don't seem to be going anywhere with this thread either.

Also we have repeatedly been shown that wessen are just humans with extra powers and any time they act out or commit crimes, they do it out of inherently human and relatable reasons. It is beyond bizarre to suddenly show Hexenbeasts as something special where their nature takes over and makes them straight up irredeemably evil.

The show never had satisfactory follow through on the season finale cliffhangers but this year is probably the worst and least satisfying one by far.
T: ... through an emergency induction port.
S: That's a straw, Tali.
T: Emerrrgency induction port.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”