Power Rangers

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

charliepanayi

Power Rangers

Postby charliepanayi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:14 pm UTC

Here's a trailer for the forthcoming film, though no sign yet of Zordon or Alpha or suited-up Power Rangers. Of course, Power Rangers was always terrible so not like this can be any worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

commodorejohn

Re: Power Rangers

Postby commodorejohn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:00 pm UTC

Never say that. Hollywood can always make it worse. I mean, they managed to out-crap Independence Day.
"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
www.commodorejohn.com - in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:44 pm UTC

I was absolutely sure Power Rangers was a japanese franchise like Kamen Rider and was originally played by a bunch of japanese. But it turns out my memory is just a mess. :|

At least the rest of my brain is functioning properly... what are they thinking turning power rangers into people, instead of spending all the budget on action scenes with different (cheesy) enemies? At least, this teaser shows (edgy, deluded, boring, dramaticized, idiot) teenagers, too many cuts and no power rangers.

commodorejohn

Postby commodorejohn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:I was absolutely sure Power Rangers was a japanese franchise like Kamen Rider and was originally played by a bunch of japanese. But it turns out my memory is just a mess. :|

Sorta-kinda:
Wikipedia wrote:The show adapted stock footage from the Japanese TV series Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, which was the 16th installment of the Super Sentai franchise.
"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
www.commodorejohn.com - in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:40 pm UTC

commodorejohn wrote:Never say that. Hollywood can always make it worse. I mean, they managed to out-crap Independence Day.

But Independence Day is great!

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Breakfast

Postby Breakfast » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:48 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:I was absolutely sure Power Rangers was a japanese franchise like Kamen Rider and was originally played by a bunch of japanese. But it turns out my memory is just a mess. :|

At least the rest of my brain is functioning properly... what are they thinking turning power rangers into people, instead of spending all the budget on action scenes with different (cheesy) enemies? At least, this teaser shows (edgy, deluded, boring, dramaticized, idiot) teenagers, too many cuts and no power rangers.

Power Rangers was the American take on the Super Sentai series and used stock footage from it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai

There was an American Kamen Rider at about the same time! Lasted for two whole seasons... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:16 pm UTC

KnightExemplar

Postby KnightExemplar » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 am UTC

I dunno about the "gritty reboot". The 2nd trailer seems more interesting to me, now that they're getting to Zordon, the Megazords, the suits, etc. etc.

I definitely prefer the old suits though. New suits seem to be... erm.. boob armor? More than that though, only the helmets really reference the old design. Even the "Ooze" metalic design was cool, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking.
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

cipolletto

Postby cipolletto » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 pm UTC

I just cannot wait to see this movie! The original TV serie Mighty Morphin Power Rangers gives me so epaper awesome childhood memories. I always wanted to be the Green Ranger. :(

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”