Twin Peaks Returns : Damn Fine Coffee

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Twin Peaks Returns : Damn Fine Coffee

Postby freezeblade » Wed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm UTC

aka Twin Peaks II: Lynchian Boogaloo

So I looked around for a Twin Peaks thread, and from searching comes loss.

It's back! I'm only 2 mini-episodes into the first 2-hour long "episode" and It's very...Lynchian. That's pretty much the only word I have to describe it. I was super happy that they had so many members of the original cast back, interesting to see how they aged in comparison to each other.

So far I give it two logs up.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

cephalopod9

Re: Twin Peaks Returns

Postby cephalopod9 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:36 am UTC

I just noticed the first two episodes are up on Hulu.

I'm having trouble telling how much I'm not doing a good job of remembering the original series, and how much is new weirdness.

I have to agree, it is definitely, just, extra Lynchian.
The dialogue. People saying words to each other
as dialogue.

My tv shut off during
Spoiler:
the "I am the arm" scene, and there's a couple places where I'm not sure ... what's supposed to be there.
Is it ... meant to be very obvious the lattes are empty paper cups?

It's pretty good, very cinematic.
There's five or six different distortions of time I"m trying to reconcile and I don't know if that's enhancing or hindering the experience.

Bloopy

Re: Twin Peaks Returns : Damn Fine Coffee

Postby Bloopy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:53 am UTC

I enjoyed S3, but not enough to be jumping to watch it again any time soon. I suppose it was to be expected, but my main gripe is that they just kept piling on the paranormal stuff. In the original series you mainly just had Bob & Mike, the lodges/grove, dreams and visions, the communications received by Briggs, a few people disappearing suddenly... my point being there wasn't too much to stomach. But in the new season there's...
Spoiler:
all the coordinates and portals opening up all over the place, the Coopers sometimes easily transported to wherever they need to go, whatever was going on with Sarah and Audrey, and of course Freddie's freakin' glove.

I liked the glass box though. Also, Good Coop trapped in a stroke victim state is easily the most hilarious character I've ever seen on TV.

I also liked how a lot of it was the same old characters in the same old jobs in the same old town. Really depressing if you think about it too much. All the pointless new characters adding extra dull life to it.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”