Doctor Whom

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:22 am UTC

I don't think he is officially the next doctor. He seemed too "ten" with his mannerisms, and i said earlier that he didn't recognize tennant. but that could easily be him not paying attention in the rush of things.

my guess is he is a fake doctor. i'm usually wrong though.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

Joeldi
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am UTC
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Joeldi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 am UTC

I'd say with close to certainty that this guy is some kind of impostor, but it has got me still more excited about Tennant's last 5 episodes.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:09 pm UTC

Yeah gotta be a fake out. The "allons-y" is more of a 10th doctor thing, like fantastic was for the 9th, I couldn't see it being carried on. Any wild guesses before we find out? I'm going with stories of the Doctor being passed down (on earth? Maybe elsewhere) and then a time agent or someone deciding they should take up the mantle. Or maybe a Dread-Pirate roberts thing being passed down.
Or maybe a genuine 1800s inventor and TARDIS stands for something else entirely and it's all just wacky coincidence (like everything is ever a coincidence in recent series).

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Klapaucius » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:Yeah gotta be a fake out. The "allons-y" is more of a 10th doctor thing, like fantastic was for the 9th, I couldn't see it being carried on. Any wild guesses before we find out? I'm going with stories of the Doctor being passed down (on earth? Maybe elsewhere) and then a time agent or someone deciding they should take up the mantle. Or maybe a Dread-Pirate roberts thing being passed down.
Or maybe a genuine 1800s inventor and TARDIS stands for something else entirely and it's all just wacky coincidence (like everything is ever a coincidence in recent series).


Of course, he's a Doctor fanboy!
The truth is, as much as I hope they aren't actually going to make him Doctor 10-2 (because he's way too similar to be the proper 11th regeneration) I love this guy. Anyone who sees whatever that Cyberthing was and has the chutzpah to point an honest-to-goodness Phillips-head at it...
500%!

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:10 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:The truth is, as much as I hope they aren't actually going to make him Doctor 10-2 (because he's way too similar to be the proper 11th regeneration) I love this guy.

Wouldn't it be like 10-4 by now? :D Yeah, yeah, I know exactly what you mean, it's just they've cloned Ten one hell of a lot of times. I doubt this new guy is the next Doctor, but if the real 11th Doctor turns out to be entirely too much like the 10th, I'm not going to be surprised. But when it comes to this show, I freely admit I'm about as cynical as you get these days. I blame Torchwood.

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote: an honest-to-goodness Phillips-head at it...


Is that what it was? I didn't get a good look. Yeah you have admit it, that's class.

ameretrifle wrote: I blame Torchwood.


I think we agree on something, though I gave up halfway through the first series.

Mo0man
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 am UTC
Location: 2 weeks ago

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Mo0man » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 am UTC

... Is that an old style cyberman who jumps out of the door?
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:
ameretrifle wrote: I blame Torchwood.


I think we agree on something, though I gave up halfway through the first series.

Well, you're officially smarter than I am. :) Though I gave up on it ever actually being good pretty fast...

User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
Posts: 3307
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Doctor Who

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:14 pm UTC

thatguy wrote:Isn't the next Doctor picked already? In that Christmas special? The first two minutes were posted online...

That guy was faking it way too hard.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

User avatar
Phill
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm UTC
Location: Colchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Phill » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:48 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:Well, you're officially smarter than I am. :) Though I gave up on it ever actually being good pretty fast...


Hey, if there was no Torchwood, I'd have nothing to rant about!Actually, perhaps I should say T*rchwood (it is virtually a dirty word in the DW universe).

(I'm new to these forums, but it's good to see the Doctor Who contingent is well represented. Hi, by the way).

User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 am UTC
Location: UKvia

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Macbi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:57 pm UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:
thatguy wrote:Isn't the next Doctor picked already? In that Christmas special? The first two minutes were posted online...

That guy was faking it way too hard.

I think he sounds more like somebody who has been convinced that they're the Doctor.
    Indigo is a lie.
    Which idiot decided that websites can't go within 4cm of the edge of the screen?
    There should be a null word, for the question "Is anybody there?" and to see if microphones are on.

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
Metacelsus wrote:
ameretrifle wrote: I blame Torchwood.


I think we agree on something, though I gave up halfway through the first series.

Well, you're officially smarter than I am. :) Though I gave up on it ever actually being good pretty fast...


I still have hope for it. I'm not saying the 2nd season was great or anything but it was a hell of a lot better than season one in my opinion. i know that they went out of their way to try to make us cry (kind of like with donna i guess) but tosh was leaving anyways.
i feel like trying to defend it more but i end up getting annoyed with the show thinking about owen and martha stupidity.
i always blame the writers when it comes to the DW universe.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
steewi
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 am UTC
Location: Tropical Nowhere

Re: Doctor Who

Postby steewi » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:37 am UTC

At the risk of sounding like a complete tool...

Y'all are taking Dr Who very seriously. It's always been campy and slightly not all there. There have been morals and messages and all that through it, but I really do just expect a fun story, not a piece of literary (or even televisory) classicism.

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:37 am UTC

yeah but if there is someplace where people can take doctor who too seriously it should be in the doctor who forum. none of my friends watch.
for the most part i can let all the little things that bug me go, but it makes it easier to let go if i can post "this part sucked but overall it was good(or not.)"
btw 4th season my favorite minus the ending.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:47 am UTC

steewi wrote:At the risk of sounding like a complete tool...

Y'all are taking Dr Who very seriously. It's always been campy and slightly not all there. There have been morals and messages and all that through it, but I really do just expect a fun story, not a piece of literary (or even televisory) classicism.

What sugarhyped said. Seriously... it's the XKCD fora. Taking shit way too seriously is what we're best at.

'Sides, it's hard not to take something seriously when a character does something you find thoroughly reprehensible and never even gets called on it. That's my excuse, anyway.

sugarhyped wrote:I still have hope for it. I'm not saying the 2nd season was great or anything but it was a hell of a lot better than season one in my opinion.

Oh, that's probably true. I just wish that were saying a bit more. It's kind of like "It wasn't nearly so bad as the Holocaust". :D Sorry, the... sheer insanity of Gwen just drives me up the wall. Lady makes no sense. But Ianto improved dramatically, and that episode with Owen and that lady on the roof was actually rather good (and I couldn't stand Owen 95% of the time). So you're right, there might be hope it'll improve, but I personally just can't take it anymore. :)

User avatar
Yuri2356
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Yuri2356 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:50 am UTC

steewi wrote:Y'all are taking Dr Who very seriously. It's always been campy and slightly not all there. There have been morals and messages and all that through it, but I really do just expect a fun story, not a piece of literary (or even televisory) classicism.

"Camp" does not justify spending your Christmas drowning babies.

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:I still have hope for it. I'm not saying the 2nd season was great or anything but it was a hell of a lot better than season one in my opinion..
[/quote][/quote]

I heard this and thought I might check it out some time. I had high hopes during the first ep (the starting bit with after death there being only blackness was pretty pitch black I thought) but they kept shoe-horning sex into every episode in what seemed like a really immature attempt at making it adult, if that makes sense. I would have liked some adult themes that weren't all 'adult' themes y'know?

I'll probably at least check out the James Masters episodes, they looked like fun.

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:10 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:I'll probably at least check out the James Masters episodes, they looked like fun.


he is only in the 1st and last episodes and you don't really have to watch it in order but you might be a bit confused by some stuff when you watch the finally without having seen previous episodes.

and yeah the i really liked the 1st ep of season one but they jumped the shark in episode 2 with the sex crazed alien. they should have waited a minute before bringing that in.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Alder
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am UTC
Location: Scotland

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Alder » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:they kept shoe-horning sex into every episode in what seemed like a really immature attempt at making it adult, if that makes sense. I would have liked some adult themes that weren't all 'adult' themes y'know?

That. Right there. Is why I don't watch Torchwood, to my disappointment. I can remember before it came out reading about it and thinking "Oo, sci-fi for grown-ups, this'll be goo.....oh right."
Possibly my favourite 'adult' show would be the West Wing, and you know what - I don't think anyone gets nekkid... :roll:
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 am UTC

Metacelsus wrote:I heard this and thought I might check it out some time. I had high hopes during the first ep (the starting bit with after death there being only blackness was pretty pitch black I thought) but they kept shoe-horning sex into every episode in what seemed like a really immature attempt at making it adult, if that makes sense. I would have liked some adult themes that weren't all 'adult' themes y'know?

Lord, yes. You could change the setting of Torchwood to a high school basement and you'd hardly have to change anything else at all. Actually, that would probably IMPROVE it. "Why's Owen acting like a snot-nosed teenage dirtbag? Oh, right. He is one. Guess I can't hold it against him, then. Might grow out of it." All of the characterizations and the sex-crazedness would suddenly make sense. It'd be awesome.

(I'd also like to see Gwen and Owen switch genders-- not as a plot, god, no, not as a plot, but they'd be far more interesting cliches that way. Though I could be unduly influenced by that damn Fight Club ripoff episode.)

I'll probably at least check out the James Masters episodes, they looked like fun.

The first one kind of was fun, IIRC. Then he shows up in the series finale, which I only saw in pieces, but... er... You know how "Last of the Time Lords" just piled a little bit too much on? It's kind of like that. Except with more melodrama, less glowing, and no goddamn reset button. Except in spirit. And it's just really not a good idea to give Mr. Barrowman too much melodrama.

User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
Posts: 3307
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Doctor Who

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:33 pm UTC

So... they say Paterson Joseph will be the 11th Doctor then.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:55 pm UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:So... they say Paterson Joseph will be the 11th Doctor then.


that is the wrong character from Jekyll!!
he was already in Doctor Who as not the doctor? they do like to reuse people though... martha and gwen played 2 dif ppl in the whoniverse but this is the doctor.

we shall see if it is true. i'm not sure if i'd like it but that is just because both characters i have seen him play were very (intentionally) unlikable.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Mother Superior
Better than tea
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 am UTC
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Mother Superior » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 pm UTC

Well... he's not the worst choice, I suppose, but unlike Freema Agyeman, his previous character was quite memorable, and had a fair share of both screen-time and dialogue.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Maseiken » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

Alder26 wrote:
Metacelsus wrote:they kept shoe-horning sex into every episode in what seemed like a really immature attempt at making it adult, if that makes sense. I would have liked some adult themes that weren't all 'adult' themes y'know?

That. Right there. Is why I don't watch Torchwood, to my disappointment. I can remember before it came out reading about it and thinking "Oo, sci-fi for grown-ups, this'll be goo.....oh right."
Possibly my favourite 'adult' show would be the West Wing, and you know what - I don't think anyone gets nekkid... :roll:

More's the pity.


Oh CJ... will you never know my love...?





((That was a JOKE, just so we're clear!))
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:((That was a JOKE, just so we're clear!))


Maybe for you.

Oh Miss Cregg...

User avatar
MiB24601
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Doctor Who

Postby MiB24601 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:05 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:So... they say Paterson Joseph will be the 11th Doctor then.

sugarhyped wrote:he was already in Doctor Who as not the doctor? they do like to reuse people though... martha and gwen played 2 dif ppl in the whoniverse but this is the doctor.

we shall see if it is true. i'm not sure if i'd like it but that is just because both characters i have seen him play were very (intentionally) unlikable.


Mother Superior wrote:Well... he's not the worst choice, I suppose, but unlike Freema Agyeman, his previous character was quite memorable, and had a fair share of both screen-time and dialogue.


To Both Sugarhyped and Mother Superior, may I remind you of Colin Baker, who before playing the Sixth Doctor gave what many people considered a memorable performance as Commander Maxil, mostly for his character shooting the Fifth Doctor.
"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:49 am UTC

Do we really want to invoke Colin Baker in comparison to the new Doctor?

My comparison is that Eve Myles had a much bigger role in the ep she was in and no one had a problem with her being the lead in Torchwood. If the character is good enough then most won't notice and no one will complain, if the character's crap then it will just be another on a generic laundry list of complaints. In the words of Toby Ziegler, They'll like us when we win.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 am UTC

For those like me who fail at names, and names of actors, and names of actors from countries not their own, I believe it's Rodrick they're talking about.

How official is this? I don't know enough about him to say whether he'd be good or bad, but I think I vaguely recall hearing good things.

User avatar
MiB24601
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Doctor Who

Postby MiB24601 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:38 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:Do we really want to invoke Colin Baker in comparison to the new Doctor?


Surprisingly, he's actually pretty good in the New Finish productions. Apparently, with good direction, better writing and not being forced to wear a crazy outfit, he's actually a decent doctor. Who knew?

Metacelsus wrote:My comparison is that Eve Myles had a much bigger role in the ep she was in and no one had a problem with her being the lead in Torchwood. If the character is good enough then most won't notice and no one will complain, if the character's crap then it will just be another on a generic laundry list of complaints. In the words of Toby Ziegler, They'll like us when we win.


When Eve Myles was also announced as the lead in Torchwood, the original press release made it sound like a plot point that she was playing a character involved with the rift who looked the same as her previous character, especially since both characters had the same name. That may be why everyone was so forgiving about reusing Eve Myles.
"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

User avatar
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist
Posts: 3446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Toeofdoom » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:48 pm UTC

There was a point in one episode where the doctor asked if gwen was from an old cardiff family, I believe, implying that as Gwen from torchwood is a direct descendent of the other character Eve Myles played.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am UTC

Toeofdoom wrote:There was a point in one episode where the doctor asked if gwen was from an old cardiff family, I believe, implying that as Gwen from torchwood is a direct descendent of the other character Eve Myles played.


Yeah, that was the last episode of the last series, which means Torchwood ran for 3 series without anyone really needing an explanation. An explicit one anyway, I think most people assumed the desecendant thing. I still say that so long as he's good in the role no one will care.

ameretrifle wrote:How official is this? I don't know enough about him to say whether he'd be good or bad, but I think I vaguely recall hearing good things.


Not official at all but one of his current show's costars let this slip in an interview. Certainly not a reliable source but if he was deciding to leave his current show his costars would probably know why. I'm not aware of any other sources at the moment. It does kind of feel right though, imaginative and different enough that it wasn't dreamt up by some fangirl just posting her dream casting on a message board but not so completely out there as to be unbelievable.

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:25 am UTC

I'm really hoping its not Paterson Joseph because I just re-watched some of Jekyll and really want James Nesbitt. I kinda love him (as an actor.)
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:I'm really hoping its not Paterson Joseph because I just re-watched some of Jekyll and really want James Nesbitt. I kinda love him (as an actor.)

Yeah I just bought the dvd and am half way through the series. As much as I love Nesbitt though he's very much what you'd expect from a Doctor actor. You could easily see him doing a gruff Colin Baker/William Hartnell or a scheming Sylvestor McCoy. He's perfect for the character which is why he's safe and boring. I look at Joseph and I'm not sure what kind of Doctor he'd be (though I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be like any of the previous ones) and that is totally cool.

User avatar
headprogrammingczar
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Beaming you up

Re: Doctor Who

Postby headprogrammingczar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:I'm really hoping its not Paterson Joseph because I just re-watched some of Jekyll and really want James Nesbitt. I kinda love him (as an actor.)

I'm really hoping its not Paterson Joseph because then every time I watch an episode I will see him laughing at Rose's death by the Anne-droid.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Doctor Who

Postby sugarhyped » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:As much as I love Nesbitt though he's very much what you'd expect from a Doctor actor... He's perfect for the character which is why he's safe and boring.



I don't think being perfect to be the doctor is boring... although it may get my hopes up. more reasons why he's a good pick. Jekyll was written by Moffat so you know they can work together. Eccleston and Tennant had previously worked with Davies, so I hope they follow that idea.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like Joseph because once it is 'for sure' I'll be an optimist.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Metacelsus
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm UTC
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Metacelsus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:23 am UTC

sugarhyped wrote:I don't think being perfect to be the doctor is boring... although it may get my hopes up. more reasons why he's a good pick. Jekyll was written by Moffat so you know they can work together. Eccleston and Tennant had previously worked with Davies, so I hope they follow that idea.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like Joseph because once it is 'for sure' I'll be an optimist.


That's just as true for Joseph though, even though he wasn't the main character he was certainly a memorable one. At least we know he's got range.

Maybe boring was the wrong word, it's just, you know how after Tom Baker people would have been happy if the Doctor was just long scarfs and bulging eyes forever? I just feel like Nesbitt is too similar to what has come before, I want to see something new. I also have a feeling they won't swing that old. I like the older Doctors but I think they're going to stick to the youngish 40-something look for the moment to preserve his newfound sexy status.

User avatar
headprogrammingczar
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Beaming you up

Re: Doctor Who

Postby headprogrammingczar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

Metacelsus wrote:
sugarhyped wrote:I don't think being perfect to be the doctor is boring... although it may get my hopes up. more reasons why he's a good pick. Jekyll was written by Moffat so you know they can work together. Eccleston and Tennant had previously worked with Davies, so I hope they follow that idea.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like Joseph because once it is 'for sure' I'll be an optimist.


That's just as true for Joseph though, even though he wasn't the main character he was certainly a memorable one. At least we know he's got range.

Maybe boring was the wrong word, it's just, you know how after Tom Baker people would have been happy if the Doctor was just long scarfs and bulging eyes forever? I just feel like Nesbitt is too similar to what has come before, I want to see something new. I also have a feeling they won't swing that old. I like the older Doctors but I think they're going to stick to the youngish 40-something look for the moment to preserve his newfound sexy status.

Enough about the new Doctor; who is the new companion? I vote for Judi Dench.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Maseiken » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 am UTC

Helen Mirren! Helen Mirren!
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Joeldi
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am UTC
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Joeldi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 am UTC

I'd like to see the current Doctor - Companion Dichotomy shaken up a bit - I've been mulling over a bunch of ways that could be done and trashing bad ones like little kids and nuclear families, and think an elderly companion (male or female) or even an elderly couple could work out really well.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

User avatar
Phill
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm UTC
Location: Colchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Phill » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 am UTC

Joeldi wrote:I'd like to see the current Doctor - Companion Dichotomy shaken up a bit - I've been mulling over a bunch of ways that could be done and trashing bad ones like little kids and nuclear families, and think an elderly companion (male or female) or even an elderly couple could work out really well.


Hmmm. I think the new companion should be Bruce Willis. Kick it up a notch :P :D


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PAstrychef and 7 guests