Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Re: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm UTC

segmentation fault wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Gripe: I miss the opening narration song :( That's one of my favourites. "Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd / He served a dark and a vengeful god" etc etc.

but those songs which require a chorus dont really work for movies. look at Rent. oh hey the entire rest of the cast just so happens to turn around a corner and join in on a song. ::cheese::

I liked Rent. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Rent is their irritating fandom. But then I don't get along with most fandoms in general.

(that said, I'm very active in some of my own. so I suppose that makes me a hypocrite. or something.)

AHEM.

Malice: I suppose you might be right there, but I still like that song quite a lot.

I honestly think that the lesson can change based on who's directing it and who is in the production. I think this particular version was leaning to the former. I also like the concept that they present wherin people can start out as very decent human beings, but circumstances can turn them into absolute, utter monsters. I like how Antony seems almost like a younger Benjamin - certainly Sweeney seems reminded of his younger self by Antony, which may be the other reason why Antony upsets him so.

It also makes me think that Tobias would be made into a creature not unlike Sweeney from what he's seen, and that Joanna may be broken beyond repair by what Turpin has done to her (rape? repeated rape?)

I saw it again last night, by the way, as I had to take my brother to see it. Put me in an odd mood - I want to run around with straight razors shouting about VENGEANCE and SALVATION now.
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:Put me in an odd mood - I want to run around with straight razors shouting about VENGEANCE and SALVATION now.

Could be worse. I'm seriously contemplating putting together a Sweeney Todd cosplay for Otakon this year.
It's okay, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can kill him over the loot.
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

Antimatter Spork

Postby Antimatter Spork » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

segmentation fault wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Gripe: I miss the opening narration song :( That's one of my favourites. "Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd / He served a dark and a vengeful god" etc etc.

but those songs which require a chorus dont really work for movies. look at Rent. oh hey the entire rest of the cast just so happens to turn around a corner and join in on a song. ::cheese::

Yeah, but that song is narration anyway, so it isn't any more cheesy/not working just because there's a chorus. Also, it's one of my favorite songs in the entire show.
Albert Schweitzer wrote:There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:08 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Put me in an odd mood - I want to run around with straight razors shouting about VENGEANCE and SALVATION now.

Could be worse. I'm seriously contemplating putting together a Sweeney Todd cosplay for Otakon this year.

Dear god, please do it. I'm going to Otakon this year and might run about in my generic steampunk getup.

Actually, I was considering Burton!Todd for halloween, a la the end of the movie "lawl I r ded" version. All covered in blood with cut throat.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:17 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:
pieaholicx wrote:

Dear god, please do it. I'm going to Otakon this year and might run about in my generic steampunk getup.

Actually, I was considering Burton!Todd for halloween, a la the end of the movie "lawl I r ded" version. All covered in blood with cut throat.

You may notice me anyway. Friday I'm cosplaying the Wikipedian Protestor. Though depending on if I can find the right stuff, I'll still do Todd. I'm a rather big Depp fan, in a "I'd go gay for that man" sense. I wonder if there will be more Depp cosplayers this year. I've heard of (but not seen) people cosplaying Jack Sparrow, I just wonder how Sparrow and Todd would interact. xD

That Halloween idea of yours would be rather interesting as well. xD
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:27 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
pieaholicx wrote:

You may notice me anyway. Friday I'm cosplaying the Wikipedian Protestor. Though depending on if I can find the right stuff, I'll still do Todd. I'm a rather big Depp fan, in a "I'd go gay for that man" sense. I wonder if there will be more Depp cosplayers this year. I've heard of (but not seen) people cosplaying Jack Sparrow, I just wonder how Sparrow and Todd would interact. xD

That Halloween idea of yours would be rather interesting as well. xD

Most of the Jacks aren't very good, and of course get odd looks given that it's an anime con (I, personally, don't care. I don't like most anime anyway and go for the people and the videogaming crowd.) There was one whose costume wasn't so great but who had two lovely young ladies in these crazy dresses clinging on him.

And Sweeney's reaction to Jack would be "... care for a shave? :3" which would be followed by Jack being Jack and eventually escaping the predicament in some amusing fasion.

... I was annoyed in the film by a few Jack-moments ("My arm is complete again!" especially. Then towards the end the "Ever so practical and always appropriate" line.) Jack is not Sweeney.

Also, this is the Burton version of Sweeney Todd. There are many, many other interpretations and I hope that people don't just automatically associate the play with this version. It'll happen anyway, but... :\

(As for Otakon, you probably WON'T notice me, even if I do get my Maya Fey outfit together. I'm not terribly noticeable.)

*e* and yes. The problem is that I am lazy and do not have regular access to a sewing machine, AND am an absolute perfectionist when it comes to costumes. I never finish 'em becuase I want them to be JUST RIGHT and they never are. Still... I think it'd be really fantastic to go out to parties all ghoulish like that and go around asking people if they need a shave.

Alternately, I could try Lovett and get a Sweeney, and run around with pie. Maybe even make real meat pies (out of something begin like beef, chicken, turkey, or lamb). For Halloween, maybe even go for the died-in-a-fire Lovett.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:Most of the Jacks aren't very good, and of course get odd looks given that it's an anime con (I, personally, don't care. I don't like most anime anyway and go for the people and the videogaming crowd.) There was one whose costume wasn't so great but who had two lovely young ladies in these crazy dresses clinging on him.

And Sweeney's reaction to Jack would be "... care for a shave? :3" which would be followed by Jack being Jack and eventually escaping the predicament in some amusing fasion.

That just seems all too right, though I think in the process Sweeney would have killed a few people. I mostly go to Otakon for the LARP myself, and am not particularly interested in a lot of anime, though it helps with the LARP characters.

Nyarlathotep wrote:... I was annoyed in the film by a few Jack-moments ("My arm is complete again!" especially. Then towards the end the "Ever so practical and always appropriate" line.) Jack is not Sweeney.

Also, this is the Burton version of Sweeney Todd. There are many, many other interpretations and I hope that people don't just automatically associate the play with this version. It'll happen anyway, but... :\

While it was a "Jack" moment, it was also a very Depp moment. In most movies he plays the "same" character, but they're always so different. They all kind of have the same feel to them.

Nyarlathotep wrote:(As for Otakon, you probably WON'T notice me, even if I do get my Maya Fey outfit together. I'm not terribly noticeable.)

Look for a person with the sign on Friday around the LARP room, that'll be me. Feel free to approach me, bonus points for starting with an xkcd quote. xD Though I'll probably be noticeable on Saturday too. I'm modifying my Light (Death Note) costume from last year to include a giant yellow exclamation mark above my head. Yeah, Kira is giving out a quest.

Nyarlathotep wrote:*e* and yes. The problem is that I am lazy and do not have regular access to a sewing machine, AND am an absolute perfectionist when it comes to costumes. I never finish 'em becuase I want them to be JUST RIGHT and they never are. Still... I think it'd be really fantastic to go out to parties all ghoulish like that and go around asking people if they need a shave.

Alternately, I could try Lovett and get a Sweeney, and run around with pie. Maybe even make real meat pies (out of something begin like beef, chicken, turkey, or lamb). For Halloween, maybe even go for the died-in-a-fire Lovett.

I've never made a costume before myself, and I don't believe we have a sewing machine either.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

Just PM'd you. I should have known it was you. I only go for the LARP as well, though you probably know me better as Ryuu. If you know me at all, I'm not that visible, really XD

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:35 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:Just PM'd you. I should have known it was you.

Almost any instance of a user named pieaholic, or pieaholicx on the internet is me. I sometimes even go to places just to scoop up the name.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:17 pm UTC

Saw it last night. "A Little Priest" was my favorite song, but the scene with Mrs. Lovett fantasizing about Todd was, of course, comedy gold (and begging for a "Sweeney Todd does not change facial expressions" ytmnd). Lovely and I were the only two people (besides the man and woman beside us) laughing hysterically the whole time. The WHOLE time. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It's dark, it's hysterical, and all the gore is an obvious nod to Peckinpah. It's stellar, and even though I love musicals, as does Lovely, there's no reason someone wouldn't like it. None of the numbers are extremely overdone with the entire company wailing emphatically, and the singing is subtle. There are no dance numbers. There aren't many swelling strains. Even if you don't like musicals, you'd like this.

Seriously, I know people who DETEST happy-go-lucky musicals, and all of them are Sondheim fans (the original creator of this musical done in 1977). Sondheim is the musical equivalent of, I don't know...I don't know! His most famous works are Sweeney Todd, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Company, and A Little Night Music. He's also responsible for the lyrics in Gypsy and West Side Story.

His range is broad, and there's something for everyone. The story of Sweeney Todd is very classic tragedy--lots of people die, there is laughter at their expense on the way, and everything is wrapped up tidily, but not patronizingly at the end, but with a lot of laughs. If you don't like musical movies, go see a musical on stage sometime. Seriously. It's a totally different experience, and it works much, much better--however, musical movies can afford to be subtle, and while the blood wasn't, the performances were.

Great film, hands down. I mean, seriously, Alan Rickman returning to his musical roots? It was phenomenal. I didn't notice many "Jack Sparrow" moments, but when he says "My arm is complete!" I immediately thought of Scissorhands. It's a straightrazor. Held by Johnny Depp. I snerked, but I realize this is a BLACK COMEDY by TIM BURTON, so I understand it's hard to mentally divide "This is Todd" from "This is Burton's other stuff." However, this movie is definitely its own entity, and still good no matter what your favorite interpretation of Sweeney Todd is. I recommend it, especially if you're able to understand that it's black comedy, not a "failed attempt at Shakespearean tragedy" like the dumbass (LOUD!) guy next to us. It's a black comedy! IT'S A BLACK COMEDY. IT'S A BLACK COMEDY. LAUGH, YOU BASTARDS, and don't take it seriously.

All I ask NOW is someone produces a low-key musical featuring Alan Rickman and Ian McKellan singing and being witty. Because I luff dem. :<
Last edited by Khonsu on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:26 pm UTC

Khonsu wrote:and don't take it seriously.

Don't say that! Todd will come and get you in your sleep!

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:30 pm UTC

I don't have any whiskers, there is no way for his pathetic psychosis to get to me.

However, I admit that last night I ate a salad for dinner. When Lovely put ketchup on her fish and chips, I nearly flipped. I think I'll be eating veggies primarily for a while. Greens are lean, but Vicar's quicker!

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

While I, on the other hand, want to go making meat pies now, just to disturb people. While wearing my Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies apron (yes, I have one.)

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:While I, on the other hand, want to go making meat pies now, just to disturb people. While wearing my Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies apron (yes, I have one.)

That's awesome. xD

If I did manage to pull off the Todd cosplay I'd break into song in the middle of the convention center. Specifically this one (taken from IMDB quote page): "Alright! You, sir?/How about a shave?/Come and visit/Your good friend Sweeney!/You sir! Too, sir/Welcome to the grave./I will have vengenance./I will have salvation... /Who, sir? You sir!/No one's in the chair come on, come on/Sweeney's waiting/I want you bleeders./ You sir? Anybody?/Gentlemen, now don't be shy/Not one man/No, nor ten men/Nor a hundred can assuage me. "

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:03 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:While I, on the other hand, want to go making meat pies now, just to disturb people. While wearing my Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies apron (yes, I have one.)

That's awesome. xD

If I did manage to pull off the Todd cosplay I'd break into song in the middle of the convention center. Specifically this one (taken from IMDB quote page): "Alright! You, sir?/How about a shave?/Come and visit/Your good friend Sweeney!/You sir! Too, sir/Welcome to the grave./I will have vengenance./I will have salvation... /Who, sir? You sir!/No one's in the chair come on, come on/Sweeney's waiting/I want you bleeders./ You sir? Anybody?/Gentlemen, now don't be shy/Not one man/No, nor ten men/Nor a hundred can assuage me. "

I once again implore you to do it. Heck, I'll bring my camera. with its shitty microphone and video options.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm UTC

Agreed. Do it!
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

Okay, so the next question is, where to begin. I know I'll need a wig which I'll pretty much have to glue into position and dye. As for the clothes, anybody got a good picture to go off of?

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

I just saw this movie last night. Best movie I've seen in a while.

However, did anyone else find the plot reminiscent of The Count of Monte Cristo? I would go as far to say as it's a straight-up remake. The plot's the same (man is wronged by a jealous man, love is stolen, man is exiled, comes back under new identity and rocks the community in a complicated scheme culminating in the death of those who wronged him originally) as is the message of the film (it's hubris that is the man's undoing, the action of playing god by choosing who lives and who dies).

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in fact I loved the use of a familiar plot in a completely new way. I just thought it was interesting, the similarities the two had and I wonder if that was intentional.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:08 pm UTC

Well, they were both written around the same time period, so similarities like that are pretty expected.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:45 pm UTC

*wikipedias*
Huh. Did not know that. I thought it was just an opera written in the 70's. That's pretty neat. I still like the similarities though.
Spoiler:

*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:05 pm UTC

I loved this movie. I don't believe I've ever laughed so hard at people dying, or ever will again. The whole movie was gloriously done (of course the excellent work by Sondheim certainly doesn't hurt).

Malice wrote:twist

Hm? When?
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:36 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:I loved this movie. I don't believe I've ever laughed so hard at people dying, or ever will again. The whole movie was gloriously done (of course the excellent work by Sondheim certainly doesn't hurt).

Malice wrote:twist

Hm? When?

Spoiler:
The beggar woman is actually Sweeney's wife. She didn't die, she just went batshit crazy from drinking arsenic. Well, and having her husband deported and then getting raped.
Ergo, Sweeney killed his own wife :(

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:41 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Spoiler:
The beggar woman is actually Sweeney's wife. She didn't die, she just went batshit crazy from drinking arsenic. Well, and having her husband deported and then getting raped.
Ergo, Sweeney killed his own wife :(

Jesus H. Christ, how did I forget that?

Also:
william wrote:the second line was cut in the commercial

Not quite, the first time it was sung, that line wasn't there.
31/M/taken/US

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

XCKDRocks

Postby XCKDRocks » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

I thought it was excellent, however Sacha Cohen needed more screen time!

Pai

Postby Pai » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

Kizyr wrote:
william wrote:I just wish to note that this is the only musical I've heard whose songs aren't total crap. Something like this being a musical seemed a bit off, but being a bit off worked for something like this.

(Then again, I might be biased about that musicals statement because the only other songs from musicals I've heard are from fucking Rent and Avenue fucking Q, both of which make me want to slit somebody's throat)

Well, I really liked the music from Les Miserables. The story was... decent enough. But the music was really great. KF

Fiddler on the Roof also is pretty much as far away from a 'cheesy camp musical' as you can get. It's about the Jewish pogroms in Russia, and the struggle between ancient tradition and accepting change. I thought it was a very beautiful film.

I think the Musical genre does have many bad movies in it (most of them made during the peak of the genre's popularity, when most good things get 'sold out' and drivelized in order to squeeze extra bucks out of the fad). You shouldn't judge it all by it's lowest examples, however.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." ~Voltaire

xkcd_n00bz

Postby xkcd_n00bz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

So has anyone been to the barber since seeing the movie?

I have. My barber is the old timey sort who pulls out a strait razor to clean up the fuzz on the back of your neck. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him use it on the guy in front of me. I made it thru the experience with only a slightly damp brow and armpits.
I am +20 dB hot.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am UTC

I haven't been to a barber in over a year...

XCKDRocks

Postby XCKDRocks » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 am UTC

xkcd_n00bz wrote:So has anyone been to the barber since seeing the movie?

I have. My barber is the old timey sort who pulls out a strait razor to clean up the fuzz on the back of your neck. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him use it on the guy in front of me. I made it thru the experience with only a slightly damp brow and armpits.

That's the only kind of barber I go to. I trust a gentleman's barber more than the girl at the unisex salon I guess.

Postby 385 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:27 am UTC

The movie is amazing, it actually topped my list of 'Favorites of 07.' As far as it people walking away because they don't like musicals, bear in mind that Tim Burton HATES musicals. It should tell you something if a man that hates musicals finds one good enough to do himself.
He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'll lead you down the path that ROCKS! :twisted:

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:55 pm UTC

385 wrote:The movie is amazing, it actually topped my list of 'Favorites of 07.' As far as it people walking away because they don't like musicals, bear in mind that Tim Burton HATES musicals. It should tell you something if a man that hates musicals finds one good enough to do himself.

[Citation Needed]

He's directed Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and produced The Nightmare Before Christmas. The fact that he has done all 4 of those musicals makes me disbelieve it.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:30 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
385 wrote:The movie is amazing, it actually topped my list of 'Favorites of 07.' As far as it people walking away because they don't like musicals, bear in mind that Tim Burton HATES musicals. It should tell you something if a man that hates musicals finds one good enough to do himself.

[Citation Needed]

He's directed Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and produced The Nightmare Before Christmas. The fact that he has done all 4 of those musicals makes me disbelieve it.

As far as I'm aware, Burton LOVES musicals; it's Johnny Depp who isn't very fond of them. Burton sold him on the part by pushing a CD of Sweeney Todd on him, and, well, he loved it.

(from Wikipedia, so I'm not sure 'bout the accuracy)

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:As far as I'm aware, Burton LOVES musicals; it's Johnny Depp who isn't very fond of them. Burton sold him on the part by pushing a CD of Sweeney Todd on him, and, well, he loved it.

(from Wikipedia, so I'm not sure 'bout the accuracy)

The Depp bit is pretty verifiable. He did specifically request to not sing in Corpse Bride or Chocolate Factory.

Postby 385 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:57 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:

[Citation Needed]

I got that from here. Take its authenticity as you will.
He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'll lead you down the path that ROCKS! :twisted:

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm UTC

xkcd_n00bz wrote:So has anyone been to the barber since seeing the movie?

No, but then again, I never have been. I haven't shaved, though. Being scruffy is preferable to a severed jugular any day of the week.

I remember at my theater at the very end of the movie when the emotions have reached their crescendo and you're left with the haunting beauty and sadness of the ending and the film itself, when the loss and catharsis washes over you at last, some moron a couple seats away from me complained loudly "That's IT?", as if the ending left you hanging. Eugh.

Some people have no business going to see movies like this. And it's not the difference of opinion that bugs me, nor the fact that she couldn't figure out why it's a sensible ending, but the fact that she had to express her opinion out loud to everyone else that was otherwise enjoying the film. Gah.
Spoiler:

*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:everyone else that was otherwise enjoying the film

Most likely, it didn't even dawn on her that anyone could have possibly enjoyed it, so she figured she'd express it loudly enough to have a conversation with anyone who happened to agree.

Stupidity/ignorance FTL.
31/M/taken/US

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

385 wrote:
pieaholicx wrote:

[Citation Needed]

I got that from here. Take its authenticity as you will.

That site, to me, has no standing. They make a claim with no evidence. The only other bit I can find about him hating musicals is an article in The Telegraph, which in itself isn't Burton's word, but Helena Bonham Carter's.

Postby 385 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:11 pm UTC

Well, that IS the man's girlfriend.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:50 pm UTC

385 wrote:Well, that IS the man's girlfriend.

And if my fiancee said I liked Opera (which I don't), would that be taken as accurate as my own word?

Postby 385 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

Of course not, but in the case of a professional interview or press conference or whatever the situation was, that's a source that's more than reliable.

Stief

Postby Stief » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:56 am UTC

I loved this film ^_^ I am sorely tempted to dye my hair black with a white streak and slick it back....

...then possibly become a barber and strike a deal with the local bakery/pie shop :twisted:

I saw replica razors on ebay :D

Talking of Fiddler On The Roof, apparently, Sacha Baron Cohen went through the entire song list for his audition :D

Edit: Epiphany is one of my favourite songs ^_^ "Not one man, no, nor ten men, nor a hundred will assuage me!"
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”