Why Chuck Is Awesome [Spoilers]

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Wardial3r

Why Chuck Is Awesome [Spoilers]

Postby Wardial3r » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:15 am UTC

So Chuck is basically the greatest show on T.V. now. If you watch Heroes, it comes on right before that, and has this awesome in it.

Also, Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly)

It's hilarious.
And has two of the hottest women on T.V. Now!

Last episode was postponed due to lame election, but it's on season 2 now.
Last edited by Wardial3r on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Re: Why Chuck Is Awesome

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

I'm surprised there wasn't already a Chuck thread, I just never bothered to look for one. I've been hooked on this show since episode one.

And Casey (Adam Baldwin's character) is awesome. Actually, I don't think there's any character I just don't like.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

I too have been hooked since it started. Casey as a disc jockey was hilarious.

Also, all the stuff they get up to at the Buy More, brilliant :)
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 pm UTC

Yeah, I love that Chuck works for the Geek Squad Nerd Herd at Best Buy Buy More

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

The show is pretty brilliant. I have been watching since half way through season 1 (and caught up). I loves it!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 am UTC

I loved the part with the CoD:4 strat and Chuck BSing to counter spies, hehe.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:19 am UTC

That was f'ing brilliant!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 am UTC

I love this show. :D I haven't been watching it lately, but I think I'll start again next week. I missed the last two episodes.

Oh, and the CoD:4 part was pretty great.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:12 am UTC

Oh, yeah, the CoD:4 thing was awesome. And what we saw in that ep (IIRC) of Casey's place. Actually, everything Casey did in that episode was pretty freakin' sweet.

Yeah, I'd say I'm a fan of Chuck, except when the comedy gets to that awkward sitcom place, which, for some reason, I've never had a tolerance for. I have a hard time with misunderstanding-based comedy. Still, the show's seriously great. :D

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:38 am UTC

The COD:4 bit was awesome, my favorite bit so far had to have been the Zune Iceburn in the last episode... Everything about that scene was perfect.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:50 am UTC

Latest Episode:
OK REALLY?!?! We couldn't avoid the cliched "Romantic Interest Is The Villian" situation? Am I the only person who thought that Chuck trying to have a real life was compelling? Really? C'mon, writers. The fun thing about this show is its a spy story in a non-spy story setting. Dazzle us and come up with more non-cliched arcs. I will be so pissed if now, once Jill leaves, Sarah wont move on Chuck. If that relationship returns to the pre-Jill status quo, I might swear the show off.

However:
We could see a sweet twist here, maybe Jill really does love Chuck, maybe she turns on Fulcrum for him. This would be awesome. Now, not only do Casey and Sarah have to protect Chuck, they have to protect Jill. All while Chuck and Jill have to hide their romance (hilarity ensues), Morgan gets nosier, and for good measure, Casey falls for Jill. All while trying to bring down Fulcrum alone because the NSA has cut them off. Now tell me thats not compelling TV.

Also, "High C"? Brilliant.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 am UTC

thatguy wrote:Latest Episode:
OK REALLY?!?! We couldn't avoid the cliched "Romantic Interest Is The Villian" situation? Am I the only person who thought that Chuck trying to have a real life was compelling? Really? C'mon, writers. The fun thing about this show is its a spy story in a non-spy story setting. Dazzle us and come up with more non-cliched arcs. I will be so pissed if now, once Jill leaves, Sarah wont move on Chuck. If that relationship returns to the pre-Jill status quo, I might swear the show off.

However:
We could see a sweet twist here, maybe Jill really does love Chuck, maybe she turns on Fulcrum for him. This would be awesome. Now, not only do Casey and Sarah have to protect Chuck, they have to protect Jill. All while Chuck and Jill have to hide their romance (hilarity ensues), Morgan gets nosier, and for good measure, Casey falls for Jill. All while trying to bring down Fulcrum alone because the NSA has cut them off. Now tell me thats not compelling TV.

Also, "High C"? Brilliant.

Haha you had me laughing there.

I think that it will work out sometime.
I have a hard time believing they just put in this cliche bit on accident, there has to be something more that will come of it.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:09 am UTC

I hope so. I really want to love this show, but if they pull this bullshit... I dunno, man.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:07 am UTC

OK. They handled Jill pretty well.

I will continue watching.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm UTC

Yeah.
I hope she doesn't come back for a while though. If at all.
I wish the Awesome's would have came.
I think that would have been enjoyable.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Savvycow

Postby Savvycow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:06 am UTC

This show is just so great. Adam Baldwin... is just stellar. So is the rest of the cast! There is no weak member, and they all make me laugh. Especially in the last episode where Chuck had to convince Casey that Casey loved him XD.

korora

Postby korora » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

Savvycow wrote:Especially in the last episode where Chuck had to convince Casey that Casey loved him XD.

Which is, uh, not what happened at all.
Spoiler:
Chuck had to make Casey really mad by pretending to try to convince Casey that he loved Chuck.
Anyways, this show is win. I've been watching since the first episode. Maybe somebody should put spoilers in the title, since it seems like we're discussing plot points?
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

btarlinian

Postby btarlinian » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:27 am UTC

While I had liked the last few episodes, they hadn't measured up to the first season for me. Rest of the post is slightly spoilerish.
Spoiler:
On the other hand, I thought today's episode was the best of the season. Perfect amount of romantic smushiness between Chuck and Sarah, we learn more about a major character, the Buy More plot was awesome, (I think that Morgan might now have enough money to buy the Dukes of Hazzard car and pay for the apartment, how do you think it'll work out with them?), Sarah's dad was pretty cool, and best of all Casey was nice TWICE in the episode. (Said that Chuck had a good plan, and put in a good word for Sarah's dad.)

Anyone else think that Chuck's dad is the head of FULCRUM? Practically everyone else he knows is connected to the spy world in some way or another.

How stupid are Arab oil sheiks though? I guess they're the ones all the Nigerian princes get their money from.

Wardial3r

Re: Why Chuck Is Awesome [Spoilers]

Postby Wardial3r » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:58 am UTC

Alrightey.
Added spoilers to title.

I was not impressed with the Sensei Episode.

But, the DEMORGAN was amazing.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Minchandre

Postby Minchandre » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:32 am UTC

"No, this is not a prank call." Awesome.

I guess the way they handled the Jill, thing was okay, but I'm disappointed that Jordana Brewster is not becoming a part of the cast :'( . I was also a little, I dunno, bummed that Sarah let her dad escape. Am I the only one who wanted her to be like, "No! You ruined my childhood, you have pulled this crap for the last time. Now go to jail!" Traumatic, sure, but it would help build her character and reassert her as a good cop. Right now, with all the Chuck-love going on and making her do the Wrong ThingTM, I kinda wanted to see her go by the book for once...am I the only one?

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 am UTC

Minchandre wrote:"No, this is not a prank call." Awesome.

I guess the way they handled the Jill, thing was okay, but I'm disappointed that Jordana Brewster is not becoming a part of the cast :'( . I was also a little, I dunno, bummed that Sarah let her dad escape. Am I the only one who wanted her to be like, "No! You ruined my childhood, you have pulled this crap for the last time. Now go to jail!" Traumatic, sure, but it would help build her character and reassert her as a good cop. Right now, with all the Chuck-love going on and making her do the Wrong ThingTM, I kinda wanted to see her go by the book for once...am I the only one?

I was really feeling that as well.
When she was asking for ice cream and there was the pause right before he left i was hoping so much she'd make him stay or anything.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

btarlinian

Postby btarlinian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 am UTC

Minchandre wrote: I was also a little, I dunno, bummed that Sarah let her dad escape. Am I the only one who wanted her to be like, "No! You ruined my childhood, you have pulled this crap for the last time. Now go to jail!" Traumatic, sure, but it would help build her character and reassert her as a good cop. Right now, with all the Chuck-love going on and making her do the Wrong ThingTM, I kinda wanted to see her go by the book for once...am I the only one?

Eh, not really. I thought that one of the main points of the episode was that her relationship with her dad wasn't really as bad as she initially thought. After all, even Casey sort of warmed up to him by the end of the episode. In the dynamic of the Chuck universe, Sarah's dad is one of the good guys, so letting him go was the Right ThingTM. ;)

I would agree that not going by the book was getting annoying earlier, but that was mainly because she was being stupid. Not shooting the bad guy when that guy doesn't even have a gun is just plain dumb.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 pm UTC

btarlinian wrote:
Minchandre wrote:I would agree that not going by the book was getting annoying earlier, but that was mainly because she was being stupid. Not shooting the bad guy when that guy doesn't even have a gun is just plain dumb.

Well, this last episode sure sorted that one out.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Minchandre

Postby Minchandre » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Wardial3r wrote:
btarlinian wrote:
Minchandre wrote:I would agree that not going by the book was getting annoying earlier, but that was mainly because she was being stupid. Not shooting the bad guy when that guy doesn't even have a gun is just plain dumb.

Well, this last episode sure sorted that one out.

Perhaps the best use of dramatic irony I've ever seen! In fact, if I ever become a high school English teacher, I will show people a clip of that to demonstrate the idea.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:27 am UTC

What am i supposed to do with my life. There is a gap in my monday nights where Chuck is supposed to be.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:06 am UTC

btarlinian wrote:Not shooting the bad guy when that guy doesn't even have a gun is just plain dumb.
I think that's SOP for a lot of city police forces. I wouldn't be surprised if other agencies had that policy as well, I think even the military uses it in certain situations.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:44 am UTC

Am I the only one who clicked this thread thinking it was going to be about Bruce Schneier? :mrgreen:
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm UTC

Just felt like saying I love this show. Geekery in mass media has really come a long way towards actual geekery lately, and this show has enough of it to keep the geek in me happy. There's the obvious star wars and technobabble (except some of it is actually real, which leads me to believe that maybe all of it might be real but I'm just too dumb to get it), but also sly hints and references to more obscure geek things like vogon poetry.

Edit: And just after I saw that: "The data is encrypted with a 512 AES key. Right now the computer is trying every possible key." "How long will that take?" "Could be hours, could be... days"
I actually fell off my chair laughing.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:22 am UTC

Berengal wrote:
Edit: And just after I saw that: "The data is encrypted with a 512 AES key. Right now the computer is trying every possible key." "How long will that take?" "Could be hours, could be... days"

Mnn I don't get that at all. Care to elaborate or explain it?
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

jaap

Postby jaap » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:45 am UTC

Wardial3r wrote:
Berengal wrote:

Mnn I don't get that at all. Care to elaborate or explain it?

A 512 bit key can have 2512 different values. 2512 equals approximately 10154. Even if the computer tried a million values every second, it would take 4*10140 years to try them all. The age of the universe is 14*109 years. You'd need 3*10130 times the age of the universe.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:36 pm UTC

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/3 ... source=rss

Scott Bakula got cast as Chuck and Ellie's father. Also as part of the small arc involving their father, Chevy Chase will be playing Chuck's childhood computer hero.

btarlinian

Postby btarlinian » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 pm UTC

Chuck is in 3D tonight. Will it be cool or utterly horrific? (The Super Bowl 3D ad was all right, so I hope it won't be too terrible.)

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 am UTC

I'm so sad, I thought our cable would be up by tonight to watch chuck, but It totally wasn't and I am all :(. Ah well, i have my glasses to watch on hulu sometime.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

btarlinian

Postby btarlinian » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:01 pm UTC

Your eyes get tired watching stuff for so long in 3D (at least mine did), but it works pretty well. I liked the way they used it, nothing pops out of the screen, it's more like you're looking inside your screen rather than at something on your screen, the effect is pretty neat.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm UTC

That depends a bit on the quality. Watched the show in HD with some cheap 3D glasses (the ones you could get for free advertising that Dreamworks movie) and, yeah, by the end I was kind of tired of it.

On the other hand, I watched Beowulf entirely in 3D at an IMAX when it came out and it didn't bother me at all.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 pm UTC

Ok. I watched it with the glasses, and really, I thought it would be better if they just left it without the 3D. It wasn't bad, and I loved the episode.

Also Chris Martin lol.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Stabable Offense

Postby Stabable Offense » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 am UTC

Tony Hale's "NO TOUCHING" was the best part of the episode for me.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 am UTC

God.
All I want is my weekly dose of Chuck.
Flippin Obama.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 am UTC

Between this week's Chuck and Heroes, I got a double dose of Talking Heads. Good Week.

Wardial3r

Postby Wardial3r » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 am UTC

And this week's Chuck was awesome.
I am getting a little bit tired of the sexual tension that builds up through the episode and is never released.
17/M/CA

Zing Pop.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”