The worst film you've seen

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

HungryHobo wrote:the movie sort of assumed that the viewer would accept the titans as evil in some way because they're black, dirty and dressed slightly tribalish (http://www.awn.com/files/imagepicker/35 ... Titans.jpg) while the gods are clean, white and dressed in gold(http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... d-clip.jpg).

Racism, too? That movie goes in the trash bin.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:44 pm UTC

Not to mention the whole rousing speech to prevent the soldiers from leaving, coming from some guy they met about 5 minutes ago.

The thief isn't. He spends the whole movie doing absolutely no thievery related anything. Hell, the only thing he does that can even be construed as being in character for a "morally devoid thief" is to be misogynistic. He follows the main character to fight an army with their party consisting of 4 people without any kind of reason, never opts to sneak up on anything or flee from battle at any point.

Then theres the monk who is so bound by his faith not to take any life that he cuts off his own tongue as not to give away information since he cannot take his own life who, later on, grabs a sword to attack one of the main antangonists generals and proceeds to be instagibbed. The time between the decision to fight and the instagibbing taking around 8-10 seconds and having nothing referencing it afterward making the act confusing and pointless.

The Titans were a fantastically ridiculous disappointment. They aren't powerful as they are descibed, merely overwhelming in numbers At the beginning of the movie they consisted of 20 zombie looking men with helmets in a box before being released and quickly became around 100 fast moving crawler type zombies in helmets afterward. Later at the end of the movie when the "War in the Heavens" is shown, there are hundreds of them.

There are more terrible things but I certainly don't have the time to list all of them here and between these posts and the 2 fucking hours the movie ran, I've already wasted all the time I care to on this steaming turd of a movie.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

MsJoeyy

Postby MsJoeyy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 pm UTC

The Box and the Pineapple Express are the first two that automatically came to my mind. I know there are a few others I can name, if only I could recall of them at this very instant.

juststrange

Postby juststrange » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 am UTC

Hands down, "Day of the Warrior". I don't even know how I ended up watching it, but my god was it bad. C, D-Movie. But there are boobs and guns and stereotypes and wrestlers. Yea, its about like that.

Iranon

Postby Iranon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:30 pm UTC

Probably still The Day After Tomorrow. Most truly bad movies have a certain twisted charm. That one... suffers from misplaced competence in exactly the wrong places and the budget to back it up.
LEGO won't be ready for the average user until it comes pre-assembled, in a single unified theme, and glued together so it doesn't come apart.

IcedT

Postby IcedT » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 pm UTC

HungryHobo wrote:It starts with a voiceover explaining that once, there were immortal beings and then one day immortals figured out how to kill immortals... there was a war... the losers were imprisoned and called titans while the winners then called themselves gods...

fine so far but after this they failed to ever establish why the titans were any worse than the gods in any way.

Why should I care that someone wants to release them?

from what we see the gods are selfish and nasty creatures who only help anyone when it's in their own interest.

I mean perhaps the titans would have been better than the gods if they were in charge.

they were just the loosing side after all, the titans only kill one human who was trying to kill them at the time while the gods killed plenty of blameless people who just happened to be in the way.

the movie sort of assumed that the viewer would accept the titans as evil in some way because they're black, dirty and dressed slightly tribalish (http://www.awn.com/files/imagepicker/35 ... Titans.jpg) while the gods are clean, white and dressed in gold(http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... d-clip.jpg).

I was thinking about renting this one, but that's really, really disappointing. The whole reason the Titans vs Olympians myths are cool is because the Titans were gods of nature and the Olympians were gods of civilization- at least in Hercules they had to fight Rockzilla and the giant lava monster.

Laserdan

Postby Laserdan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm UTC

The worst movie I ever watched was the bollywood movie Magadheera and I watched it with two friends (none of us speaks the language, not even a word other than maybe namaste and nirvana). It was crazy stupid, relentlessly long, and they danced at the most inappropriate times. However, it had some scenes that have the potential to be legend. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONydBivf ... re=related

Yes, he lights up a petrol hose with his shoe, then beats up the bad guy with a scarf. Then he exactly copies the scene from 300, with the exact same move sequence, when he protects himself with a shield from the explosion.
Then it's a random Indian guy accelerating a car and jumping out of it so it can fly off a cliff to hit a helicopter. While yelling "lelelelelelelelelelele" to save the hero who was fighting said helicopter with a sword.
"Sobriety is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs."

zmic

Postby zmic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 pm UTC

Lostdreams wrote:Immortals

I was roped into seeing it the other day and it was complete garbage. It consisted of a mashup of nearly every trope that exists for that genre, loosely tied together(if at all) by a generic steaming shit-pile of a story and contained more plot holes than any movie I can remember.

I thought Immortals was good gay fun, with some nice visuals. As for inconsistency, plot holes and all around silliness, what exactly did you expect?

My vote for worst film is a tie between The Dark Knight and Blood Diamond.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 pm UTC

zmic wrote:My vote for worst film is a tie between The Dark Knight and Blood Diamond.

Why? It's pretty much universally loved...

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 am UTC

Laserdan wrote:It was crazy stupid, relentlessly long, and they danced at the most inappropriate times.
So... kind of like every other Bollywood movie, then?

Laserdan

Postby Laserdan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:
Laserdan wrote:It was crazy stupid, relentlessly long, and they danced at the most inappropriate times.

Yes, but how many of them have scenes that combine flying cars, swords, helicopters and random guys using creative new warcries as well as heroes that use Riverdance to create giant fireballs?
"Sobriety is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs."

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm UTC

More than you think.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 pm UTC

zmic wrote:My vote for worst film is a tie between The Dark Knight and Blood Diamond.

So, either you think comic book movies can only be light-hearted and bright and full of colors meant for littler kids, or there is some other reason?

Also, do you think Blood Diamond was overly simplistic in its morality?

zmic

Postby zmic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:

So, either you think comic book movies can only be light-hearted and bright and full of colors meant for littler kids, or there is some other reason?

well it's certainly a dark movie in the way that it is almost scientifically programmed to appeal to your lowest instincts of violence and cruelty. It's a fascist movie. And it was full of bullshit plot holes. And oh my god that speech at the end. After seeing it, I wanted to take a shower.

Also, do you think Blood Diamond was overly simplistic in its morality?

Blood Diamond was so in your face preachy. I actually wanted to walk out but I was with people who really loved it. Painful!

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:14 am UTC

Laserdan wrote:
Jorpho wrote:
Yes, but how many of them have scenes that combine flying cars, swords, helicopters and random guys using creative new warcries as well as heroes that use Riverdance to create giant fireballs?
Well, my experience is limited to Krrish, pretty much. Maybe not all those things specifically, but things just as odd.

johnie104

Postby johnie104 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:46 pm UTC

I recently saw Sharktopus and I realized that that was the worst movie I ever saw.
But then I saw Monster Brawl 2 hours later. Now I'm not so sure any more.
At least it was funny in it's badness.
Signature removed because of it's blinding awesomeness.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:52 am UTC

Rodion Raskolnikov wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:
GhostWolfe wrote:While not bad enough to take the crown of worst movie I've seen, I finally watched AI: Artificial Intelligence on the weekend. Gah.

/angell

It's better if you end it when David is begging the blue fairy for life. The entire point of the movie was that you shouldn't create life to be discarded, but no, there just had to be a happy ending. Kubrik would've left the ending undisturbed (disturbed?).

The ending was Kubrick's, as was the talking teddy bear. Some of the darker ideas, like the Flesh Fair, were from Spielberg. Or at least, that's what Spielberg says.

"The whole last 20 minutes of the movie was completely Stanley's"

It's not like anyone is in a position to disprove what he's saying
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

I really detested Thema and Louise. I wanted those 2 hours of my life back.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Tue May 01, 2012 5:54 am UTC

fshfood wrote:I really detested Thema and Louise. I wanted those 2 hours of my life back.
Did you dislike Ridley Scott's other films as well?

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am UTC

I disliked Gladiator, personally. Not the worst film I've seen, but definitely not worth watching more than once.

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Wed May 02, 2012 7:26 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:Did you dislike Ridley Scott's other films as well?

I liked Alien and Blade Runner.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu May 03, 2012 11:22 am UTC

Jorpho wrote:
fshfood wrote:I really detested Thema and Louise. I wanted those 2 hours of my life back.
Did you dislike Ridley Scott's other films as well?

Funnily enough, I only liked Gladiator the second time I saw it.

omgryebread

Postby omgryebread » Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm UTC

Hands down, Mad Money.

Diane Keaton, Queen Latifa and Katie Holmes rob the Federal Reserve! The plot is over contrived. Diane Keaton and Queen Latifa are boring to watch because they each play pretty much a carbon copy of the same character they always play. Not even sure why they had a third person in the movie, since Katie Holmes just derped around. The character wasn't needed and the actress delivered a terrible performance to match.

Altogether, it's a truly terrible movie.
avatar from Nononono by Lynn Okamoto.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 pm UTC

So, today my school made me watch Once Upon A Mattress.

New Worst Movie Ever acquired.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

James Marcus

Postby James Marcus » Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 am UTC

I don't go out looking for horrible movies on purpose. But I came across The Woman in Black (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596365/) and I tried not to hate it. But it's just Daniel Radcliffe playing Daniel Radcliffe whilst he walks around in a house and showing about zero facial expressions when, well, you know, most people would literally have shit their pants.

Definitely worst movie seen this year.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm UTC

The Last Airbender.

This movie is just unpleasant in every possible way. The writing is sloppy and unfocused, the CGI is laughably bad, the acting is either stilted or over-the-top and the 3D made my eyes bleed.

The only redeemable thing that came out of this movie was the music, which was excellent.

piwakawaka42

Postby piwakawaka42 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:46 am UTC

A tie between Eragon and Meet the Spartans. Both movies are older because these days, I have enough good sense to avoid that kind of crud.
The difference between magic and technology is quite simple: If it works, it's technology; if it doesn't work, we call it magic and get all mushy about it-Theodore Gray

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat May 26, 2012 3:59 am UTC

piwakawaka42 wrote:A tie between Eragon and Meet the Spartans. Both movies are older because these days, I have enough good sense to avoid that kind of crud.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

You need at least two decades between now and it's release before you can call a film "older". Preferably 3. Or more.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sat May 26, 2012 4:03 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
piwakawaka42 wrote:A tie between Eragon and Meet the Spartans. Both movies are older because these days, I have enough good sense to avoid that kind of crud.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

You need at least two decades between now and it's release before you can call a film "older". Preferably 3. Or more.

But SecondTalon... Obama wasn't even in office when those movies came out. Surely they're ancient?
double epsilon = -.0000001;

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 am UTC

*Squinty eyes*
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

hawkinsssable
Promoted

Postby hawkinsssable » Tue May 29, 2012 3:15 pm UTC

Panic Button, a British indie horror movie that got several quite good reviews and a few great ones. There are so, so many things about the movie that are awful. The awkwardness of the key metaphor, the contrived and bizarre way the characters act (I think the actual acting was fine for most of the actors, but the writing was so bad I couldn't really tell), the same-ness of the scenery throughout the whole film, the predictability... it was all awful. The absolute worst thing, though, was the pacing. See, there are many, many points in the film where each of the 4 main characters interact with a 5th character. And the first of these exchanges establishes EXACTLY what's going on. And then they do it again for the second character, adding nothing. And then the third, adding nothing. And then the fourth, adding nothing.

And then we do it all again.

I've never been so bored in a film in my life.
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue May 29, 2012 5:44 pm UTC

Somehow I got conned into watching Battleship. That wasn't a good idea.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 am UTC

keozen wrote:stolkhome syndrome

Ow.

I think the worst film I've ever seen was supposed to have taken place in Stockholm, but I can't remember. Low budget and Swedish. The flick itself was advertised as being about four different lives whose fates are entwined by a single event or something like that. I would like to remember the title, but I can't. It was in fact three or four small movies made into one.

The plot I remember is: someone wants to set fire to a school. Two neo-nazis kill a guy who wanted them to beat him up. One of the nazis regret this. Some guy wants to go to Australia and gets robbed by the nazis. He keeps telling people that it's pronounced 'CAN-berr-uh' rather than 'can-BERR-ah' the way most people say it. Two teenagers make out?

I have no idea how I could stand watching it. It was so bad it was bad, just bad. No funny factor at all.

EDIT: It was called Tic Tac. Wikipedia says 'Some critics have called the movie "a Swedish Pulp Fiction".' (o_o') That is probably because of the nonlinear time thing, nothing else.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 am UTC

Got a new one (I hope).

Overdrive. Steve Guttenburg is a tough guy race car driver. The North California region of the Porsche Car Club got some decent screen time, and the lead lady has some nice boobs (assuming, actually, I only recall the left one :)), but the movie was a real waste.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

harun55

Postby harun55 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 am UTC

The Hottie & the Nottie, I haven't words to express this worst film.

Postby AvatarIII » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 pm UTC

^ that gets mentioned in this thread all the time :D

Sleeping Beauty (2011) is a pretty bad movie, although I might have just "not got it"

Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Woopate » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am UTC

I'm gonna have to put in another vote for The Last Airbender. I was the only one of my circle who saw it in theatres, now whenever we're bored I see how long the poeple around me will last before shutting it off in disgust. The lOngest so far was my father, who made it to the earth bender prison camp.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm UTC

Has there been a cartoon/anime show that produced a good live-action movie? Ever?

Postby AvatarIII » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Has there been a cartoon/anime show that produced a good live-action movie? Ever?

depends on your definition of good.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Has there been a cartoon/anime show that produced a good live-action movie? Ever?

Supposedly the Death Note film is good.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”