Zombieland!

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Spacemilk
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm UTC
Location: Hugh ston
Contact:

Zombieland!

Postby Spacemilk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:24 pm UTC

This movie comes out Thursday at midnight, and it looks AWESOME. I am already planning on seeing it on Friday night. If you liked Sean of the Dead you will probably love this movie.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
milk from space is good for you!



User avatar
Okita
Staying Alive
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Location: Finance land.

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Okita » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm UTC

I am looking forward to it but I'm not looking forward to finding time to see the movie :(

I think there's a part of me that really enjoys zombie films because I believe I'd do really well in a zombie apocalypse and would like to try it out.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Jesse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

I enjoy zombie films, but I wonder what, if anything, will be new about this. We've already had straight horror, 'jump' horror, psychological horror and genre-savvy comedy. If this is genre-savvy comedy (Which it appears to be), then I get the feeling it'll end up falling short of Shaun of the Dead.

User avatar
Sir-Taco
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm UTC
Location: California

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Sir-Taco » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:04 am UTC

Cant wait till Friday for this one, will be a nice reward for sending off my first college app the night before (Cal Poly EA wooooooo)
The world is a cold and dark place, so start fire.

User avatar
folkhero
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:34 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby folkhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 pm UTC

Okita wrote:I think there's a part of me that really enjoys zombie films because I believe I'd do really well in a zombie apocalypse and would like to try it out.

I think everyone thinks they'd do well in a zombie apocalypse, at least everyone who spends time thinking about it. It's a great venue for the Lake Woebegone effect, because everyone can imagine their own strengths as being super important and there's no way to actually test it. This might actually be part of the reason zombie fiction is so popular.

For the record, I think I would kick ass in a zombie apocalypse as well.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

User avatar
Kizyr
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:16 am UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Kizyr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

folkhero wrote:
Okita wrote:I think there's a part of me that really enjoys zombie films because I believe I'd do really well in a zombie apocalypse and would like to try it out.

I think everyone thinks they'd do well in a zombie apocalypse, at least everyone who spends time thinking about it. It's a great venue for the Lake Woebegone effect, because everyone can imagine their own strengths as being super important and there's no way to actually test it. This might actually be part of the reason zombie fiction is so popular.

Well, maybe not... Zombie fans like to think we would do better in a zombie apocalypse compared to people who don't care or like zombie fiction. So, basically, they're like the guys left behind in the Redeker Plan, while we're the ones who're able to build fortified enclaves and maintain safe zones.

That being said, however, I point you to the Muldoon Effect: the more you know about the enemy, the more likely you're going to get killed by them. So, yeah, zombie fans are probably just as screwed in the event of a zombie apocalypse. KF
~Kizyr
Image

BigBoss
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:35 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby BigBoss » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

I plan on seeing this Friday. I hope the movie isn't ruined in its attempt to be funny.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Zombieland!

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:06 am UTC

Saw this tonight at a preview screening and I can confirm that it combines zombie survival and comedy very well. Remember, I hate horror and zombies, but the movie was hilarious enough for me to look past that - lots of visual gags and snappy timing and cheerworthy badass moments. It's set two months after Patient Zero, and in a marvelous move, none of the main characters make you wonder how they could have survived - they are pretty sensible about things, or at least as sensible as you can get in Zombieland, anyway.

There's an inevitable comparison to Shaun of the Dead. I don't know that they can be compared, besides being zombie comedies. Zombieland is pretty solidly "American"-style humor - more boisterous action, more rednecks, more guns, more Bill Murray (yes!) - while Shaun of the Dead is, well, solidly British humor. Zombieland's zombies are also a lot gorier.

One thing Zombieland definitely has over Shaun of the Dead is that the female characters kick A LOT more ass and have much more significant roles.

Warning: Zombieland contains two (2) gratuitous "Deliverance" references, which take place within about a minute of each other.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Phrozt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm UTC

folkhero wrote:
Okita wrote:I think there's a part of me that really enjoys zombie films because I believe I'd do really well in a zombie apocalypse and would like to try it out.

I think everyone thinks they'd do well in a zombie apocalypse, at least everyone who spends time thinking about it. It's a great venue for the Lake Woebegone effect, because everyone can imagine their own strengths as being super important and there's no way to actually test it. This might actually be part of the reason zombie fiction is so popular.

For the record, I think I would kick ass in a zombie apocalypse as well.



See sig... I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about it as well, heh.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:30 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Saw this tonight at a preview screening and I can confirm that it combines zombie survival and comedy very well. Remember, I hate horror and zombies, but the movie was hilarious enough for me to look past that - lots of visual gags and snappy timing and cheerworthy badass moments. It's set two months after Patient Zero, and in a marvelous move, none of the main characters make you wonder how they could have survived - they are pretty sensible about things, or at least as sensible as you can get in Zombieland, anyway.

There's an inevitable comparison to Shaun of the Dead. I don't know that they can be compared, besides being zombie comedies. Zombieland is pretty solidly "American"-style humor - more boisterous action, more rednecks, more guns, more Bill Murray (yes!) - while Shaun of the Dead is, well, solidly British humor. Zombieland's zombies are also a lot gorier.

One thing Zombieland definitely has over Shaun of the Dead is that the female characters kick A LOT more ass and have much more significant roles.

Warning: Zombieland contains two (2) gratuitous "Deliverance" references, which take place within about a minute of each other.
"Squeal like a pig", "Holy shit, Burt Reynolds can act!?", or Dueling Banjos?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Zombieland!

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

Dueling Banjos and "You have a purty mouth." (I guess I should clarify at this point that the spoken line is as far as the reference goes.)

One other thing, both Bill Murray lovers and Bill Murray haters will enjoy his cameo. Heh.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Malice
Posts: 3894
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:37 am UTC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Malice » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:07 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Dueling Banjos and "You have a purty mouth." (I guess I should clarify at this point that the spoken line is as far as the reference goes.)

One other thing, both Bill Murray lovers and Bill Murray haters will enjoy his cameo. Heh.


The story behind the Murray cameo is really interesting.

Originally they were going to do Patrick Swayze. Columbus would have found a pottery wheel, and sat down on it, and then arms would have come down around him, and then he'd look up and it'd be Zombie Patrick Swayze, who would try to eat him. Then they'd fight him off, and eventually he'd run at Tallahassee and take a flying leap, and Tallahassee would do the push-off from Dirty Dancing and throw ZPS into a wall.

Funny stuff. But then Swayze got sick, so they couldn't do it. So instead they wrote a version of the scene for dozens of celebrities, and got turned down all over the place. Finally they got Matthew McConaughey to do it (the scene involved bongos)... only he kept demanding more rewrites, that got more and more reverential, until eventually it wasn't funny any more. He dropped out--three days before they had to shoot the scene. So finally Woody Harrelson was like, "I'll make some calls," and they got Bill Murray on board.

Most of Murray's lines ended being improv, including his last line.

Edit:

Zombieland, by the way, is pretty good, really funny, and basically the first good zombie movie since Shaun of the Dead. Definitely worth seeing. The real difference, to me, between Shaun and Zombieland (besides the British/US divide) is that Shaun of the Dead is "town overrun by zombies" and Zombieland is "world overrun by zombies", which gives it a very different feel, subject matter, and structure. In other words, Shaun is "apocalypse" and Zombieland is "post-apocalypse".
Anyway, I liked most of the movie, although the fact that it was originally conceived as a TV show kinda brings it down in my opinion. That said, it's definitely an awesome time at the movies, and I was thoroughly entertained.
Image

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Zombieland!

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:58 am UTC

Malice wrote:The real difference, to me, between Shaun and Zombieland (besides the British/US divide) is that Shaun of the Dead is "town overrun by zombies" and Zombieland is "world overrun by zombies", which gives it a very different feel, subject matter, and structure. In other words, Shaun is "apocalypse" and Zombieland is "post-apocalypse".

That's it. That's exactly what the difference is. Thank you, I couldn't pin it down until you said it.

One of my favorite things was Columbus's rules list and how they kept popping up in the background. It made for a nice wry touch. I keep thinking that Zombieland is kind of like a Judd Apatow meets Michael Bay meets Will Ferrell zombie movie, and thank god for the Judd Apatow-esque touches, else I probably would've found Zombieland unbearable.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
aaron
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby aaron » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm UTC

film of the year

BigBoss
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:35 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby BigBoss » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

I pretty much loved everything about this movie.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:22 pm UTC

So...
Spoiler:
Anyone else bothered by the first gambit the girls did - the "She's infected and needs to be put down" game to try and trick said people? I mean, get slightly more hardcore people and *BAM* little girl is dead before anyone has time to even try to react.


But that's the only real issue I had with the film. Everything else was ducky.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Xeio » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:42 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:So...
Spoiler:
Anyone else bothered by the first gambit the girls did - the "She's infected and needs to be put down" game to try and trick said people? I mean, get slightly more hardcore people and *BAM* little girl is dead before anyone has time to even try to react.
But that's the only real issue I had with the film. Everything else was ducky.
Spoiler:
Did you not see the whole Bill Murray sequence? :P

So... rule #33: Don't pretend to be a zombie when there are people with guns around? :mrgreen:
Also, this movie is awesome.

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Zombieland!

Postby ArgonV » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:09 pm UTC

Damnit, I want to see this but it won't be out here until 10th of January 2010. Why the hell does it have to take such a long time. This only encourages me to go and see it in an, eh, another way.

User avatar
aaron
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby aaron » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:So...
Spoiler:
Anyone else bothered by the first gambit the girls did - the "She's infected and needs to be put down" game to try and trick said people? I mean, get slightly more hardcore people and *BAM* little girl is dead before anyone has time to even try to react.


But that's the only real issue I had with the film. Everything else was ducky.


well you're right, logically that isn't a very good strategy. i didn't quite get it either the first time.

but, i thought about it a bit and consider the following:
Spoiler:
the girls had one rule through most of the movie - trust no one but each other. they just always had each other, and that's the way it's been. so of course if they were to encounter a random in that post-apocalyptic setting, they wouldn't trust them right away. and the random wouldn't trust them. pretty obvious stuff.

also, they spent most of their time swindling people even before zombieland, i believe. so they obviously put 2 and 2 together, and decided to try and scam random people for money, weapons, cars, etc. they were obviously not new to it, and it could even be considered a skill that they honed together.

if they were to come across another group of people who were more trigger happy, what's to stop them from that person killing both of them? imo, their little plan was probably the best thing they could've done in that situation.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:
It's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of decisiveness. For two people who have been shown to be clever in their scams (and their second scam was also clever), the first scam they pull onscreen is.. monumentally stupid. Regardless as to how individuals with guns could just blow them away without a second though, as it's.. what, two months on? Odds are survivors - especially survivors who have and are looking to work together - have likely developed a pragmatic detachment to those who are known infected ie the only difference between a zombie and someone who's been bitten are that the bitten person can be reasoned into holding still while you blow their brains out.

So, while asking Skinny&Nerdy guy with the shotgun to take care of her wasn't exactly a bad strategy, as with the way the conversation was going it was pretty apparent he didn't want to do it even before he said he didn't want to, handing the gun off to Tallahassee was a mistake as.. frankly, until he actually put the gun to her head, he didn't seem like he would hesitate. I suppose the proper course would have been to ask for the gun from Columbus to do her own sister in, rather than wait for Tallahassee to hesitate before asking.

So, yeah, my problem is that you have two supposedly clever characters acting in a monumentally stupid way in their introduction - a stupid way that worked out in their favor, sure, but still stupid.

And yeah, the Bill Murray sequence didn't really highlight the dangers of pretending to be bitten by a zombie, but the dangers of pretending to be a zombie (which should be apparent)


Re: The Cameo Scene thing
Spoiler:
Anyone else thinking Bill Murray was wearing a bulletproof vest and had some whateverthehellthegunshotthingsarecalled - squibs? in his clothes due to the length of his death scene, and that in any moment he was going to pop up and be okay? Because that's the vibe I was getting.... right until the comedian to the very end "He totally gets me" laugh/line from Wichita.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Zombieland!

Postby sugarhyped » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

The movie definitely exceeded my expectations.
I loved scenes like
Spoiler:
when they were switching drivers in the car.
when everyone was at the amusement park killing zombies. especially Tallahassee.
bill murray doing ghost busters.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Phrozt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Re: The Cameo Scene thing
Spoiler:
Anyone else thinking Bill Murray was wearing a bulletproof vest and had some whateverthehellthegunshotthingsarecalled - squibs? in his clothes due to the length of his death scene, and that in any moment he was going to pop up and be okay? Because that's the vibe I was getting.... right until the comedian to the very end "He totally gets me" laugh/line from Wichita.


That is EXACTLY what I thought was going to happen and even mentioned so to my friends.

Saw the movie last night and it was fan-effing-tastic!! Seriously one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. There were a few "wtf are you doing, you're supposed to be smart and that's a cliche stupid thing to do and you KNOW it" scenes, but or the most part, it was awesome. Given the types of gags they were pulling, I'm betting this ends up being one of the 3 movies that Comedy Central plays the everloving crap out of.

I will have to say that the chick in it wasn't exactly hot tho.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Zombieland!

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 pm UTC

I think you're wrong about that, but it's okay.

I'm juggling three favorite zombie killing scenes and I can't decide: The grand piano, the banjo, or Tallahassee in the cage?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Phrozt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:22 pm UTC

I honestly wasn't all that amazed w/the piano. Maybe because I already saw it over and over on the previews. For my favorite, I'd probably say the opening scene at the gas station, just because it was funny.

Now that I think about it though, there really isn't a *whole* lot of zombie killing in the movie until the end.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Zombieland!

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:02 pm UTC

Yeah, I really liked how they set up the world two months after Patient Zero - with most humans gone, the zombies themselves are starving and dying, and so they gave us long stretches of movie without spotting anything. And a lot of the time was spent in rural areas where there wouldn't be a ton of zombies to begin with. I liked the wide open spaces and empty roads.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Jesse » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm UTC

Just got back from seeing this film and you guys are selling it short. For anyone worrying it's an American Shaun of the Dead (and therefore bad) it's not. It doesn't try to be genre savvy, or really anything other than absolutely hilarious. I am still laughing now, which isn't like me, since I'm British and therefore depressed all the time. Worth going to see.

User avatar
Spacemilk
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm UTC
Location: Hugh ston
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Spacemilk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm UTC

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Weirdly enough, after the movie ended I realized I'd immersed myself enough that I was eyeing the other people in the theater, wondering if THEY were zombies, and I was planning for what I would do if they turned out to be infected a la Comic 337. But I very much recommend the movie!

Apparently there was an after-the-credits scene that I missed. Is this true?! Kinda moot as my boyfriend is taking me to see it again tomorrow, so I'll have a chance then, but I'm curious and want to know if we should wait around.

Quick question:
Spoiler:
I'll be able to check on this later, but does anyone think it was weird that Columbus mistook Tallahassee's loss for being a puppy at first, instead of a kid? I couldn't remember what Tallahassee had said at first that would give him that impression, but I thought it was weird. I also thought it was weird - and a little out of character - that when Columbus said, "Oh that's his puppy," that Tallahassee didn't go all ragey on Columbus and correct him. Did Tallahassee not hear him? I don't know why this confused me so much...
milk from space is good for you!



User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Zombieland!

Postby sugarhyped » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:Quick question:
Spoiler:
I'll be able to check on this later, but does anyone think it was weird that Columbus mistook Tallahassee's loss for being a puppy at first, instead of a kid? I couldn't remember what Tallahassee had said at first that would give him that impression, but I thought it was weird. I also thought it was weird - and a little out of character - that when Columbus said, "Oh that's his puppy," that Tallahassee didn't go all ragey on Columbus and correct him. Did Tallahassee not hear him? I don't know why this confused me so much...

I'll spoil to be safe.
Spoiler:
Idon't fully remember but I'm pretty sure that Tallahassee said it was his dog (to distance himself from the pain.) Then when he was retelling the story to the girls he slipped and said his pup had his laugh. That made Colombus realize that it was his son.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Spacemilk
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm UTC
Location: Hugh ston
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Spacemilk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:
Spacemilk wrote:Quick question:
Spoiler:
I'll be able to check on this later, but does anyone think it was weird that Columbus mistook Tallahassee's loss for being a puppy at first, instead of a kid? I couldn't remember what Tallahassee had said at first that would give him that impression, but I thought it was weird. I also thought it was weird - and a little out of character - that when Columbus said, "Oh that's his puppy," that Tallahassee didn't go all ragey on Columbus and correct him. Did Tallahassee not hear him? I don't know why this confused me so much...

I'll spoil to be safe.
Spoiler:
Idon't fully remember but I'm pretty sure that Tallahassee said it was his dog (to distance himself from the pain.) Then when he was retelling the story to the girls he slipped and said his pup had his laugh. That made Colombus realize that it was his son.

OHHH that would make so much sense!!! Thanks so much for that, I will post after I see it tomorrow night and let you know what it was. That part was bugging me!
milk from space is good for you!



User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:10 am UTC

Re: The spoiled conversation
Spoiler:
Just seconding it.. he explicitly said it was his dog. I don't think he ever actually said it was his son.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
aaron
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby aaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 am UTC

hang on, i'll check.

Spoiler:
"that's easy, losing buck"
"that's his puppy"
"i'll tell ya, i never thought i could love anything like buck, it was just... day he was born i lost my mind."
"sorry..."
"we were two peas... he had my personality, my laugh, my appetite"
(laugh?? - flashback)
"we made this wallet together out of duct tape..."
[picture of son]

he said it was a puppy in the first scene they bring it up, then michael cera figures out that it was a kid, then he shows them a picture. so i guess he kind of says it's his kid? idk

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Ah, crap.. I forgot that he did show his picture with a "Here's his picture" line. I thought it was just spotted by Columbus
It's, uh.. Jesse Eisenberg.. not Michael Cera. For the record. I know, I know.. skinny nervous socially awkward white guys with poofy hair all kinda look alike.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
aaron
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby aaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 pm UTC

there's a joke running around w/my friends (and 4chan) that jesse eisenberg and michael cera are the same person, thought it might apply here. heh.

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Midnight » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:43 am UTC

This movie was hilarious.

The best one-liner of the whole thing was "Well, I'm not great at this, so 'That'll do, pig' "

Spoiler:
So, near the end, when Tallahassee was standing on the roof of the cage/kiosk with a hundred zombie corpses around him--was anyone else expecting the star-and-guns logo to pop up, saying "ZOMBIE KILL OF THE WEEK" ?

Cause I think that would have been hilllllarrrrrrriiiiooous.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 am UTC

Midnight wrote:This movie was hilarious.

The best one-liner of the whole thing was "Well, I'm not great at this, so 'That'll do, pig' "

Spoiler:
So, near the end, when Tallahassee was standing on the roof of the cage/kiosk with a hundred zombie corpses around him--was anyone else expecting the star-and-guns logo to pop up, saying "ZOMBIE KILL OF THE WEEK" ?

Cause I think that would have been hilllllarrrrrrriiiiooous.
Spoiler:
No, but during that scene, with the music going all dramatic, and things going in slow motion, I was expecting someone to get killed.
23111

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Ivora » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 am UTC

Wonderful light hearted zombie film.

Spoiler:
The scene with the theme park was kinda stupid. How did they not see it coming? All that noise would have been a dead giveaway. Pun intended.

How many times did those guys get conned? LMAO!

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Phrozt » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm UTC

Ivora wrote:Wonderful light hearted zombie film.

Spoiler:
The scene with the theme park was kinda stupid. How did they not see it coming? All that noise would have been a dead giveaway. Pun intended.

How many times did those guys get conned? LMAO!



Spoiler:
Yeah, for cunning conspeople, they sure were retarded twats when it came to the theme park.

User avatar
Clumpy
Posts: 1883
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:48 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Clumpy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:32 pm UTC

Phrozt wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, for cunning conspeople, they sure were retarded twats when it came to the theme park.


It's not just that. Whose idea of a method of escape is

Spoiler:
strapping yourself into something that leaves you completely immobile?

User avatar
Woodsman
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Woodsman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

I not only plan on seeing it, I plan on owning it!
and spending money in the process, just to see Woody Harrelson kill Zarmbies

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Zombieland!

Postby Ivora » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm UTC

Phrozt wrote:
Ivora wrote:Wonderful light hearted zombie film.

Spoiler:
The scene with the theme park was kinda stupid. How did they not see it coming? All that noise would have been a dead giveaway. Pun intended.

How many times did those guys get conned? LMAO!



Spoiler:
Yeah, for cunning conspeople, they sure were retarded twats when it came to the theme park.


Spoiler:
I know right?! That really was odd and made me think a litle less of their supposed "skills". A part of me does know she was just trying to make her little sister happy though.


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests