Stairgate: Universe

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Sat May 22, 2010 3:16 pm UTC

That's a relief. I thought I'd missed something when I didn't hate this episode. Scary
Spoiler:
I can see the point the Lusians made. Without the Goa'ould running everything anymore the galaxy would be in chaos as people who have no idea how to manage their own affairs are suddenly scrambling for position and power among the other freed worlds. There is no way in hell earth could organize and help all those worlds stabilize their societies. There would be more death than before they were free because of the infighting. At least in the short term. eventually things will sort themselves out but for right now it looks like earth screwed eveyone.
Why the hell would they care about Destiny? Do the Lusians want to get the jump on everyone else and colonize it?

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby phlip » Sat May 22, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Never saw it coming? It was only in doubt at all for a couple of minutes here and there.

Yes, that was sarcasm. (Indeed, putting it in spoiler tags at all was sarcasm.)

My point was that in one or two places they seemed to be trying to play up the "whodunit" aspect, when, as you say, it was never really in doubt to the viewer.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby ArgonV » Sat May 22, 2010 4:07 pm UTC

I really liked this episode.

Spoiler:
I do think accents are a thing of the mind, so Rush-in-Telfords body would have a Scottish accent. And for a moment there, I believed Telford had indeed been brainwashed by one of those Goa'uld mind devices, but then again he'd been set up as a nasty sort of person from the start. The Lucian alliance as a force of good. Yeah right. I also liked seeing O'Neill and Jackson again. And Rhona Mitra... :wink:

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat May 22, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

In SGU standards, the latest episode was masterful. In broader standards, it was watchable.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Jorpho » Sat May 22, 2010 11:34 pm UTC

Of course you paused the video to check the book being read by the man in the car, right? Anyone take a look at that? A Hugo nomination ought to count for something. Then again, the author is creative consultant on the show, which is a bit of a strike against him.

Also, that Mr. Anderson is certainly getting a little chunky.
sarahnade wrote:There was no. musical. montage.
Man, it's just crazy! They didn't even have Eli using the Kino!

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26767
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby gmalivuk » Sun May 23, 2010 2:05 am UTC

Yeah, and if they didn't have that damn whiny pregnant woman and the baby shower crap, it would have been even better.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Awia » Sun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm UTC

At least it was only about 2 minutes long and a backdrop for something else.
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
-.Mateo.-
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 am UTC
Location: Location Location

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby -.Mateo.- » Mon May 24, 2010 2:36 am UTC

When this show began, they promised one thing, one little thing: No more english speaking aliens. They failed. They made an episode designed for those that watched SG1 and, apparently, it worked. I watched SG-1, and I didn't like this episode, because, as flawed as SGU is, it's NOT SG-1, it's a new show with different premises.
Magus wrote:If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby phlip » Mon May 24, 2010 2:48 am UTC

Huh? I don't recall any aliens in that episode at all, English-speaking or otherwise.

As far as I can remember, the only aliens in the series so far are those ones chasing Destiny, who don't speak English. Well, they sent that one-word message, but that was treated with all the surprise it deserved.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 am UTC

I think he means the Lucians. Allthough it would make sense that ones they sent would speak english.

User avatar
-.Mateo.-
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 am UTC
Location: Location Location

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby -.Mateo.- » Mon May 24, 2010 3:15 am UTC

phlip wrote:Huh? I don't recall any aliens in that episode at all, English-speaking or otherwise.

As far as I can remember, the only aliens in the series so far are those ones chasing Destiny, who don't speak English. Well, they sent that one-word message, but that was treated with all the surprise it deserved.


I'm not sure what you mean...I'm talking about episode 18, Subversion, in which the enemy was the Lucian (or however you write that) Alliance...

They also appeared in the pilot, which I thought was okay, but bringing them back was a HUGE mistake: This show is supposed to be about a group of un-prepared people trying to survive in a spaceship, far away from home. The first big mistake was the Stones. Now this. That's 2 strikes.

My one big problem with both SG1 and SGA was that aliens' English was better than mine: it was specially frustrating when an alien pointed out Carson's scotish accent...what, everyone in Pegasus galaxy has an american accent except earthlings from other countries?
Magus wrote:If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26767
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby gmalivuk » Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 am UTC

-.Mateo.- wrote:
phlip wrote:Huh? I don't recall any aliens in that episode at all, English-speaking or otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean...I'm talking about episode 18, Subversion, in which the enemy was the Lucian (or however you write that) Alliance...
Which are humans...
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm UTC

In regards to most tropes they do count as aliens.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby mosc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 pm UTC

RDA gets on the show for 2 minutes and everything is fixed, did you see that? Humor? "Corperal!?!? Sorry sir, couldn't be helped." I did feel frustrated at his "do whatever you have to do" line. It was so out of character. Just kind of forcing him to fit in with the dark-dark-dark-we're so f-ing dark themes of the show.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Jorpho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 am UTC

The finale isn't going to be out until next week, right?

I guess if they were canceling it, we would know by now.

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:19 am UTC

But do we care?
Someone once said "That was like running up a hill to smell a bucket of shit." This is what waiting another week for this episode is like.

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Awia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:The finale isn't going to be out until next week, right?

I guess if they were canceling it, we would know by now.
They've commissioned a second season already, in fact I think they did about half way through this season.
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:46 am UTC

Spoiler:
At the start of the episode I thought it would be a good idea for the crew of Destiny to vent the atmosphere from the gate room to stop the Lusins coming through. You can imagine my astonishment when Young was smart enough to think of it too. My faith in his stupidity was restored however, when he failed to go through with it right away and lost the battle.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Jorpho » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:15 pm UTC

Ah, you see, I thought there wasn't going to be an episode this week at all.

It is reminiscent of the Season 1 finale of Voyager. That's kinda sad.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26767
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:40 pm UTC

Sockmonkey wrote:
Spoiler:
At the start of the episode I thought it would be a good idea for the crew of Destiny to vent the atmosphere from the gate room to stop the Lusins coming through. You can imagine my astonishment when Young was smart enough to think of it too. My faith in his stupidity was restored however, when he failed to go through with it right away and lost the battle.
Spoiler:
He didn't do it because he didn't want to kill Rush/Telford. I'm unclear on why they didn't just sit in the gate room and shoot everyone who came through that wasn't Telford, while they were still potentially disoriented from the trip, though.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Jorpho » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:08 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:
Spoiler:
At the start of the episode I thought it would be a good idea for the crew of Destiny to vent the atmosphere from the gate room to stop the Lusins coming through. You can imagine my astonishment when Young was smart enough to think of it too. My faith in his stupidity was restored however, when he failed to go through with it right away and lost the battle.
Spoiler:
He didn't do it because he didn't want to kill Rush/Telford. I'm unclear on why they didn't just sit in the gate room and shoot everyone who came through that wasn't Telford, while they were still potentially disoriented from the trip, though.

Spoiler:
Or better yet, vent enough of the atmosphere to make everyone even more disoriented, if not quite dead, and shoot everyone. You'd think after that fabulous demonstration of the disorienting yet nonfatal effects of oxygen deprivation at the start of the episode that such a technique would follow naturally.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm UTC

Huh. They're going Voyager on us now are they?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby phlip » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:Huh. They're going Voyager on us now are they?

They have been since the premise, I thought... this is just another step in that direction.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby You, sir, name? » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm UTC

phlip wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:Huh. They're going Voyager on us now are they?

They have been since the premise, I thought... this is just another step in that direction.


Up until now, it's really been more Space: 1999 than anything else. You know it's true. No control over where they go. Planets briefly coming into range to never be seen again. Irrational and petty characters that couldn't recognize the reasonable thing to do if it slapped them in the face.

But with the Maquis joining them... it's tilting towards Voyager.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:26 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Spoiler:
He didn't do it because he didn't want to kill Rush/Telford. I'm unclear on why they didn't just sit in the gate room and shoot everyone who came through that wasn't Telford, while they were still potentially disoriented from the trip, though.

Spoiler:
Yes they could have done that too, but hypothetically, even if killing them all including Rush/Telford was the only option it's still better than getting into a firefight with people just as well armed as you are. It's choosing between one casualty and the many that the fight will cause. It could potentially critically damage the ship and kill everyone. Now if they had half a brain they would have just blocked up the gate.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Jorpho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 pm UTC

Perhaps they're actually setting up Young for a good sacking? I mean, even O'Neal was acknowledging his lack of smartness.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 pm UTC

Young has been a pretty dire commander thus far. The fact that other characters keep calling him on it suggests that it's deliberate on the part of the writers. So maybe something interesting will happen because of it.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Zorlin
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 2:31 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

SGU Episode 19

Postby Zorlin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

Sockmonkey wrote:Yes they could have done that too, but hypothetically, even if killing them all including Rush/Telford was the only option it's still better than getting into a firefight with people just as well armed as you are. It's choosing between one casualty and the many that the fight will cause. It could potentially critically damage the ship and kill everyone. Now if they had half a brain they would have just blocked up the gate.

Indeed. What would be required to do so? Last I remember, you just needed something shoved inside it or completely blocking it - they could have put some block halfway through it and it would likely have worked.

Lucians try to dial, can't -> Gate /doesn't/ blow up Alternate Icarus -> USS Hammond comes and blows the hell out of the Lucians, thus giving them control of Alternate Icarus.

It felt like lazy writing. I kinda think the only reason they fucked around with letting them on board was so we could A) have a season finale cliffhanger and B) because having a direct connection to Earth is part of what ruined Atlantis.

And... unfortunately I agree on both points. So... why bring in the Lucians then? Bleh.
Mysterious wizard rabbit of unknown proportions.

Check out #xkcd-hugs movie night! Watch movies with your fellow xkcdians.

Meaux_Pas wrote:You're all mad.

User avatar
Gellert1984
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 pm UTC
Location: South Wales UK

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Gellert1984 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:37 pm UTC

I think they're gonna need the luciens later on, expecially Kiva.

Just the impression I get, I think they're rebels on the run from the rest of the alliance looking to make a fresh start, unfortunatly they're having difficulty shaking their old habits (kidnapping, assault, torture, brainwashing, casual murder etc)
The only time I question the right to Free Speech is when I watch Fox News, probably due to the fact that I don't think they really believe in it. -Elisa Scaldaferri

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby ArgonV » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:43 pm UTC

Maybe we'll get some Lucian Alliance members integrating into the SG:U crew? Doubt Kiva would stay though.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

ArgonV wrote:Maybe we'll get some Lucian Alliance members integrating into the SG:U crew? Doubt Kiva would stay though.


What choice does she have? It's not like she can go back. :lol:
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26767
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: SGU Episode 19

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:19 pm UTC

Zorlin wrote:It felt like lazy writing. I kinda think the only reason they fucked around with letting them on board was so we could A) have a season finale cliffhanger and B) because having a direct connection to Earth is part of what ruined Atlantis.
Yeah, exactly this.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby ArgonV » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:35 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
ArgonV wrote:Maybe we'll get some Lucian Alliance members integrating into the SG:U crew? Doubt Kiva would stay though.


What choice does she have? It's not like she can go back. :lol:


She can die. I'd love to see Rhona Mitra on SG:U, but I doubt it. Too big of a name for a series like SG:U.

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6279
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: SGU Episode 19

Postby Jorpho » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm UTC

Zorlin wrote:Indeed. What would be required to do so? Last I remember, you just needed something shoved inside it or completely blocking it - they could have put some block halfway through it and it would likely have worked.
As far as I can recall, there's never been any instance where they've shown a gate and said, "This gate won't connect, it's got this thing in it." The people of Abydos buried their gate completely, suggesting it was immobilized under considerable pressure.

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby Sockmonkey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 am UTC

It's not the pressure. Most of the buried ones weren't that deep. It's having something physically within the ring.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 pm UTC

I don't ever remember an instance where a Stargate wouldn't open because there was something in the ring. I'd think all that would happen is whatever was there would just be destroyed when the wormhole formed.

I was thinking the only somewhat reliable way to prevent someone from dialing a given gate was to keep your gate connected to another and reconnect after the 28 minutes or whatever.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby phlip » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

IIRC if the object blocking the gate is small, it'll open without problems (destroying the object, or at least half of it, in the process) but a bigger object will stop it from connecting. I think it was mentioned in a throwaway line in an SG-1 episode, but don't ask me which one... I'm pretty sure they didn't clarify how big the threshold is.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26767
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Also, didn't someone in this episode say something about how they dropped out of hyperspace because the gate was being dialed? And wasn't there a whole throwaway episode or two where what drama there was stemmed from the premise that they *couldn't* dial onto a gate in hyperdrive? Meaning that obviously doing so didn't drop the ship out of it?
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:26 pm UTC

Hmm. I'm trying to remember what happened in the first episode when they dialed onto Destiny. I don't remember what they said as far as the ship being in FTL or not.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Stargate: Universe

Postby mosc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 pm UTC

They've never really explained how the things manage to stay upright so easily on so many different worlds. They've used the "they buried it" thing many times, including why nobody used the gate on earth for so long.

Sometimes they incinerate things "in the path of the event horizon" (that swooshy thing coming out when it first opens) with a force greater than anything known to science and other times, the damn thing won't even spin cause it's got dirt on it. Whatever.

gmalivuk wrote:Also, didn't someone in this episode say something about how they dropped out of hyperspace because the gate was being dialed? And wasn't there a whole throwaway episode or two where what drama there was stemmed from the premise that they *couldn't* dial onto a gate in hyperdrive? Meaning that obviously doing so didn't drop the ship out of it?

You have a planet's worth of power sending an intergalactic "OPEN BIATCH!" signal, it's a little different than the more standard use case.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests