The End of 24 (Spoiler alert would be an understatement)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

RockoTDF

The End of 24 (Spoiler alert would be an understatement)

Postby RockoTDF » Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 am UTC

So, what did everyone think of the end of 24? I'm kind of sad, in the same way I was after I saw Episode III....that "it's all over" feeling.

I really don't know what to think. I actually thought they were going to kill Jack. I'm just glad they didn't let him end up at some black site for the rest of his life. It would have been weak if they had just let everything end hunky dory...but I still feel like he is going to get the shaft. Never gets to see his family again, on the run from the Russians, and so on. Right after he thought it was all over.

The sadistic part of me really wanted to see Charles Logan dead. I knew that Jack wasn't going to go through with killing the Russian PM because a war with Russia would be jumping the shark. But how can there not be war now? The Russians were involved in assassinating the head of state of another country, and were complicit in setting up an attack on American soil involving radiological weapons.

Any thoughts?

Also, did anyone think it was a bit funny that when they did the treaty signing that the heads of state signed their names in Latin characters rather than their native languages?
Just because it is not physics doesn't mean it is not science.
http://www.iomalfunction.blogspot.com <---- A collection of humorous one liners and science jokes.

Dark Avorian

Re: The End of 24 (Spoiler alert would be an understatement)

Postby Dark Avorian » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 am UTC

I was pretty sad too, It was wierd. that was pretty epic " don't shoot Jack Bauer, we have hellfire missiles pointed at you." Although is does bring some earlier stuff into question didn't they have those terrorists in sight of the drones much earlier? I was actually hoping they would kill Jack and was a little dissappointed that president Taylor was just like "no I can't do it" *public rage* I was hoping she would end up being revealed and all that.

My favorite scenes:

1) Jack BIT PILLAR'S EAR!
2) That was funny when they just dragged Pillars little lackey into the cage and she was ragin'.'
3) The president threatening to attack Hassan
The 62-foot tall statue of Jesus constructed out of styrofoam, wood and fiberglass resin caught on fire after the right hand of the statue was struck by lightning.

meatyochre wrote:And yea, verily the forums crowd spake: "Teehee!"

RockoTDF

Postby RockoTDF » Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm UTC

Dark Avorian wrote:I was pretty sad too, It was wierd. that was pretty epic " don't shoot Jack Bauer, we have hellfire missiles pointed at you." Although is does bring some earlier stuff into question didn't they have those terrorists in sight of the drones much earlier? I was actually hoping they would kill Jack and was a little dissappointed that president Taylor was just like "no I can't do it" *public rage* I was hoping she would end up being revealed and all that.

My favorite scenes:

1) Jack BIT PILLAR'S EAR!
2) That was funny when they just dragged Pillars little lackey into the cage and she was ragin'.'
3) The president threatening to attack Hassan

Pillar was a douche, but I thought they way he died was rather anti-climatic. I wanted Jack, Chloe, or Ortiz to kill him, not Logan. His lackey was also quite annoying. She'll go to prison forever.

So Jack is on the run, and will be forever. Ortiz should probably be as well. He killed those two rednecks (albeit in self defense), helped Jack a lot, and so on.
http://www.iomalfunction.blogspot.com <---- A collection of humorous one liners and science jokes.

Dark Avorian

Postby Dark Avorian » Tue May 25, 2010 11:22 pm UTC

Did he get killed? I didn't realize Logan shot him through the pillow.
The 62-foot tall statue of Jesus constructed out of styrofoam, wood and fiberglass resin caught on fire after the right hand of the statue was struck by lightning.

meatyochre wrote:And yea, verily the forums crowd spake: "Teehee!"

RockoTDF

Postby RockoTDF » Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 am UTC

Dark Avorian wrote:Did he get killed? I didn't realize Logan shot him through the pillow.

I think that was to silence the blast. I think he shot him in the back of the head.

Psycho Goose

Postby Psycho Goose » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm UTC

Oh, come on. What do you mean, "the 24 movie?" It'll be 2: The Film and we all know it.

I must say, I was quite interested in this series for a while, but then it started to get a bit too repetitive. Are the last couple of seasons better than the preceding couple?
Mother Superior wrote:Go to Checkov's guns on fifth. But be careful, any gun he shows you is liable to go off at some point while you're in the store.

sevan1

Postby sevan1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:52 am UTC

24 is one of my favorite TV series of all time always great

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”