Scrubs

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Re: Scrubs

Postby aleflamedyud » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:47 am UTC

Sprocket wrote:I wonder what they're going to do with 8...::shakes head:: quit playing games with our hearts Scrubs.

dbsmith wrote:I really like Scrubs, but I have grown to dislike the character of JD. He is such a selfish whiney arrogant guy. Sure, you may say "he does the right thing in the end" but.....meh. Thoughts?
Yeah this is my only BIG complaint with the show. Everyone became really charicatures, they stopped being three dimentional, like when Jordan was sometimes a crazy mean bitch, but she was BELIEVABLE and sometimes nice it made more sense. Now she's a total cartoon character wife from hell and it's not interesting at all. JD used to be mostly a nice guy who did some stupid things occasionally, then he just became nearly intolerable for awhile. I still need to see the end of season seven though.

Doesn't season seven end with "My Fairy-Tale"? Yeah, that ending blew chunks. It totally changed the setting of the show as an excuse to toss out any pretensions of three-dimensional characters in favor of the Flanderized crud.

In other words: They Changed It, Now It Sucks.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:05 pm UTC

Point of interest: "My Fairy-Tale" was never intended to be a season-closer. It was meant to be a light-hearted mid-season fantasy episode (as evidenced by things like Kelso still working there and the kiss being a point of interest), but network executives changed the order to close the season with it. It doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting, especially since the hate's mainly coming from where it came in the broadcast order.

That said, the show still has flanderization of epic proportions going on, but I still find it enjoyable.

ishikiri

Postby ishikiri » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 pm UTC

Master Gunner wrote:Point of interest: "My Fairy-Tale" was never intended to be a season-closer. It was meant to be a light-hearted mid-season fantasy episode (as evidenced by things like Kelso still working there and the kiss being a point of interest), but network executives changed the order to close the season with it. It doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting, especially since the hate's mainly coming from where it came in the broadcast order.

That said, the show still has flanderization of epic proportions going on, but I still find it enjoyable.

Scrubs doesn't happen to be produced by fox does it?
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

Scrubs is produced by ABC, was aired at first on NBC, and now is apparently on ABC.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Actually, I recant the Flanderization in the case of Jordan. For her it only seems natural and entertaining to develop from Dr. Cox's mildly bitchy ex-wife into a walking, talking "Hilarity Ensues".
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

ishikiri

Postby ishikiri » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:Actually, I recant the Flanderization in the case of Jordan. For her it only seems natural and entertaining to develop from Dr. Cox's mildly bitchy ex-wife into a walking, talking "Hilarity Ensues".
You can tell they're paying for her botox to make her look more ridiculous :D

Actually she still has her moments. Like in the Fantasy episode at the end, when she asks Cox what happened to the woman and he gives her a 'what do you think happened' sympathetic face.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

I like Jordan despite the fact she's an evil bitch. When she's nice, she's REALLY nice, and when she's vulnerable, she's REALLY vulnerable. But I hate how she makes Dr. Cox worse than he already is- even though they seem meant for each other.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Re:

Postby Babam » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:25 am UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:They are each the greatest in their own way.

The janitor is bloody amazing.

A little bit late but...
KNIFE WRENCH!!!!
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

CVSoul

Postby CVSoul » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 pm UTC

this show is good. I use it as a point of reference for describing other shows-- For instance, if Scrubs and Desperate Housewives had a baby it would be Grey's Anatomy.

Oh, an Jordan is the best character ever.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

Shakleton

Postby Shakleton » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm UTC

I am still looking out for an "Dr. Cox & House M.D."-Avatar and/or Wallpaper. I love the two of them. :D

My favourite "recent" episode was "my musical" when a patient heard all the doctors singing. When I saw that episode in English I couldn't WAIT for the German version to be aired (because I love taking the piss out of bad translators). Turns out they just added non-rhyming subtitles to the English tunes and translated the scenes spoken in normal English only. Meh. Boring.
mikekearn wrote:You even have an appropriate shirt. Excellent.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:02 am UTC

EVERY time I watch the episode when Laverne dies, I bawl my eyes out. I don't even know why I keep watching it [probably because it's such a sentimental episode.]

I love how she says everything happens for a reason. She reminds me of my aunt. Maybe that's why I hate seeing her die.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 am UTC

You know what non-main character I liked and really wish stayed on the show. Molly. I thought she was a great person in contrast with Dr. Cox. (I think he was great too.)

I agree with people who are annoyed by JD. He is my least favorite character easily. Although I like everybody so it's not a big insult.

I would say Scrubs was one of my favorite sitcoms although I don't really keep up what happened.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

thatguy

Scrubs

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 am UTC

Scrubs comes back tomorrow. No known scale can express my excitement at this realization.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

Cleverdan22

Postby Cleverdan22 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:38 am UTC

I'm pretty happy about it. It hasn't been as funny in seasons 7 and 6, but its still one of my favorite shows, and I can't wait to see it.

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Yes, season 6 and 7 didn't come close to what the first few were. I hope they stop trying to use jokes from old episodes.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm UTC

I failed to catch it. :(
I haven't checked tvrss yet, so hoping its there. And the rest of my Scrubs DVD's should be here within the week... joy!

Allium Cepa

Postby Allium Cepa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:26 am UTC

I thought the start of this season was promising. Of the two people I talked to about it, neither really liked the first episode, but I thought it was pretty funny. I don't really like Courtney Cox as the new Chief of Staff, but she had her moments, so maybe she'll grow into it. I also liked the new group of interns, especially the guy who was also the fruit vendor in the Flight of the Conchords and the other one who is mean.

Spoiler:
I am very upset about Janitor being fired, but I can only hope that this is not a permanent thing. I mean really Kelso and Janitor were my two favorite characters, and both were fired? Kelso still comes back sometimes, but he's not his former glory.

The second episode really reminded me why I really love this show, it was funny at moments and had the ending that makes you appreciate the occasional sadness in the show. The only other show that I can think of that was able to pull off funny and sad well was Futurama, and Scrubs does it really well too.
Take me back to the day that I went blind, I would like to see your face for one last time.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:58 am UTC

Allenr wrote:Yes, season 6 and 7 didn't come close to what the first few were. I hope they stop trying to use jokes from old episodes.
Yeah, Oh me yarm was it season 7 where they were just hanging lanterns on all the old jokes hoping that that would somehow make them funny/acceptable? Bah!
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Cleverdan22

Postby Cleverdan22 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 pm UTC

So I'm very happy. Just watched the new episodes, and they were fantastic, and much better than the last two seasons. The new interns are great and Courtney Cox is doing a great job.

Spoiler:
I don't think that Janitor will stay fired, though. Probably as long as Courtney Cox is on the show. (I seem to remember that she only signed a five episode deal or something.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:54 pm UTC

Cleverdan22 wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't think that Janitor will stay fired, though. Probably as long as Courtney Cox is on the show. (I seem to remember that she only signed a five episode deal or something.

Spoiler:
I don't know about a specific number, but I think you're right. I'm pretty sure I remember reading/hearing something about her role being temporary. So, I figure The Janitor's firing will last about as long as her role on the show. 'Course, I'm sure he'll still be around, fired or not.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Allium Cepa

Postby Allium Cepa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:03 am UTC

I just read on Wikipedia that it is a three episode arc with Courtney Cox, so not much longer at all. I also read that Zach Braff and the actress that plays Carla are both leaving after season 8. I don't know if I'd watch the show at all without Zach Braff. No Carla I could deal with, but as much as someone people don't like him, I still find him funny. I mean, and even if you don't like him, it won't be the same show without him, like who would narrate then? Bringing in an all new cast was also something I read as a possibility, but then it might as well be a completely new show.
Take me back to the day that I went blind, I would like to see your face for one last time.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:00 pm UTC

I couldn't watch without Zach Braff either. I mean yeah he can be obnoxious but the show wouldn't be the same without him, not as interesting.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

I kinda want them to finish this season strong and end the show on a good note. The last thing I want is to see the show dragged on if its no good.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

Stabable Offense

Postby Stabable Offense » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 pm UTC

The end of the first episode seemed vaguely reminiscent of Arrested Development's "SOBs" to me.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:28 am UTC

Allenr wrote:I kinda want them to finish this season strong and end the show on a good note. The last thing I want is to see the show dragged on if its no good.

Sounds good to me. The characters have gotten insanely Flanderized over the years.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

I love the new episodes. And in addition to Zach Braff and Judy Reyes, Bill Lawerence will be leaving after this season. And Dan will only make one more appearance :( I think if the writers can come up with a real way to continue the show (i.e. not just "Okay! New Cast!" or like That 70s Show did... *shudder*) I'd still watch it. But y'all are right, it wouldn't be the same show.

Xaiv

Postby Xaiv » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 am UTC

I can honestly say that if Braff is really leaving the show, I'll probably stop watching even if it does come back in a different form. I mean, the writing is great, sure. The other cast members are great, sure. But J.D. is just the greatest thing to ever happen to television. =P

But, hey, I guess if it does end, it's better than dragging it out until everyone hates it.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:53 am UTC

Hey, is Zach Braff an xkcd fan? He refers to the internet as both the "interwebs" and "intertubes" in this video (sorry for the terrible ABC video player.)

http://abc.go.com/primetime/scrubs/index?pn=askscrubs

EDIT: Also, did anyone think the end of "My ABCs" was really, really, depressing? I mean, with Joshua Radin's amazingly sad cover of the Sesame Streert theme song juxtaposed with all the sad, crappy stuff going on...it just really depressed me.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

nodes

Postby nodes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:46 pm UTC

Don't know if everyone knows about this already, but I just found Bill Lawrence's blog here: http://www.fanpop.com/external/3633976

I love Scrubs. It's definitely one of the funniest shows out there. Is anyone else loving the bloopers they put after every episode this year? Why did they not do this every season?!

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:12 am UTC

I love Kate Miccuci! (Ted's new girl)
I went onto CD Baby and bought her EP right away. Plus, "Screw You" was the funniest moment of that episode. Why wasn't Turk in this episode?

OmegaLordX

Postby OmegaLordX » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 am UTC

Kate Miccuci is friends with Ben Heaton from Terror Island. That is both all and pretty cool.
-Is not thrilled about being previously perma-banned for Forum Games-

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Sat May 09, 2009 2:11 am UTC

I have a feeling that, if they continue it without J.D, it will be like That 70's Show without Eric.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

Cleverdan22

Postby Cleverdan22 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:49 am UTC

Well, that was the best way to end a show that I could tell. And yeah, if Zach Braff leaves, its a different show. Scrubs is JD's story, and you can't argue it any other way.

Scrubs was a fantastic show. It really drew me in from the beginning, and there hasn't been an episode that I truly thought was really bad. All of the characters entertained me as well as drawing me in. It was one of the first TV shows that I fell madly in love with and became obsessed for a short period of time. Futurama, Scrubs, then Firefly.

A few notes on the last episode:

Spoiler:
The walk down the hall with all of the cameos was downright fantastic. The extended fantasy that looked like a home movie was really touching, and nearly made me cry (No work of fiction has done it so far, but this was the closest). Both of these could have served as the finale but there was both, serving up a very nostalgic look at the past, and a hopeful look at the (imaginary) future. Overall, I am very pleased.

Here's to a show that wasn't canceled before its time; one that had a conclusion.

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Sat May 09, 2009 3:24 am UTC

I loved the ending too.
Spoiler:
But I was hoping to see Michael J. Fox's or Brendan Frasier's characters in the hallway. But I guess they couldn't get them.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 am UTC

I also adored the ending, it DID make me cry (I'm a wuss, what can I say).

A great ending to a great show.

aaron

Postby aaron » Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 pm UTC

also due to contracting reasons with nbc, they couldn't get masi oka or lisa the gift shop girl to appear.

i really wanted brendan fraser to be in that hallway of guest stars, but meh. dan is my favorite minor character, and he was there although it would've been better if he pulled one last imaginary prank on JD.

ZOMBIE HUG!

i also think the show would've been better if JD never found out what Dr. Cox actually thought about him. Like, he walked out the door and Cox ranted at Sunny but JD was never there to hear it.

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Sat May 16, 2009 11:17 am UTC

aaron wrote:i also think the show would've been better if JD never found out what Dr. Cox actually thought about him. Like, he walked out the door and Cox ranted at Sunny but JD was never there to hear it.

But that's what made JD being in the background so funny, as expectations were setup to make you think JD would walk away with nothing being said, but they confounded them in hilarious manner! :)

A great ending I have to agree, I don't mind admitting I had a man-lump in the back of my throat during the hallway and the "home-movie" scenes.
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sat May 16, 2009 12:37 pm UTC

I thought it was pretty danged cheesy, but at the same time a good ending. I didn't like season 8 as much as all the others though, I have to say.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Sat May 16, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

I dunno. I feel that season 8 was better than the last few. I mean since season 5 or so they were pretty terrible
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 am UTC

Scrubs is getting a ninth season. With Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke signed on for six episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_tv_show

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”