Scrubs

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Djsavestheday
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:59 pm UTC
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Scrubs

Postby Djsavestheday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:29 pm UTC

Seriously, HOW has this thread not been made yet? I searched over and over because I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, so Scrubs is seriously the greatest TV show ever. I'm waiting to borrow season 5 from my friend, and it's worse than the night before christmas when I was 5.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

User avatar
Phenriz
I'm daaancin' like a monkey!
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby Phenriz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:42 pm UTC

i would say that scrubs is hilarious, in a cheesey manner.

careful the firefly browncoats will come after you if you claim this is "the greatest! evar".

I like The Office slightly more than this. slightly.
I loveded you piggy, i lovded youuuu!!!

Princess Marzipan
Posts: 7717
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:28 am UTC
Location: neither a road, nor an island

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

They are each the greatest in their own way.

The janitor is bloody amazing.
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

User avatar
Djsavestheday
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:59 pm UTC
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Djsavestheday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

American or British?

I love The Office too, but Scrubs has better music, I'm a sucker for cheesy and absurdist humor and scrubs apeals to the hopeless romantic in me.

Edit: Yes, the Janitor is made of WIN. And even he at times makes you want to cry (or that's probably just me).
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Re: Scrubs

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 pm UTC

Djsavestheday wrote:Seriously, HOW has this thread not been made yet? I searched over and over because I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, so Scrubs is seriously the greatest TV show ever. I'm waiting to borrow season 5 from my friend, and it's worse than the night before christmas when I was 5.
I agree, I thought about starting this thread myself.

It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs! Infact I find it to be one of the only watchable thing on TV for years that was on neither Comedy Central or Cartoon Network. (of course now it does rerun on CC) I just got season five after watching all the other seasons (starting with getting my housemate into it last summer, he bought seasons 2 and three, then my soon-to-be boyfriend joined in and bought season 4, then as my boyfriend I bought him season five). We started to watch it, but Ryan gets pretty bussy and considering he was the original purchaser he should be around to watch the rest with us.

We did a similar catchup game with heros but ryan and I mostly watched it on our own. It's sad that I won't be able to watch season 7 because I won't have seen season 6 and I really don't like what i know about the end of season six already! SHHHHHHHHH! DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING MORE!

(yes, Janitor is makes it win...but it helps that JD is cute and rediculous, and Elliot is SO crazy, and then Turk is awesome...and Oh me yarm Dr. Cox co-makes-it-win!)

Neil Gaiman reads XKCD, why not Zach Braff?
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

User avatar
Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm UTC
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Re: Scrubs

Postby Alisto » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs!


Yes, this. Though My Name is Earl, The Office, and 30 Rock all give Scrubs a run for its money.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

User avatar
MFHodge
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm UTC
Location: :noitacoL Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Re: Scrubs

Postby MFHodge » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:57 pm UTC

Alisto wrote:
CatProximity wrote:It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs!

Yes, this. Though My Name is Earl, The Office, and 30 Rock all give Scrubs a run for its money.

So I guess I know what you do on Thursday nights.
Image

User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Postby Narsil » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:12 pm UTC

This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

This show is so great, because you care about what happens to the characters, but even while being dramatic and sad it's uproariously funny. And all along, it's completely aware of how ridiculously silly it is.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

User avatar
T3m3r1ty
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:57 pm UTC
Location: The 'verse
Contact:

Postby T3m3r1ty » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

Phenriz wrote:
careful the firefly browncoats will come after you if you claim this is "the greatest! evar".


I am SO not a browncoat but Firefly is better than scrubs. Scrubs is still on and fantastic so I watch that instead of wearing out my Firefly DVDs. "My name is Earl" used to be great but the last couple of shows have been mediocre and don't get me started on The Office <<shudder>>. I like Extras but The Office is teh sux0r
River: Noah's Ark is a problem.
Book: Really.
River: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit five thousand species of mammal on the same boat.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.

User avatar
T3m3r1ty
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:57 pm UTC
Location: The 'verse
Contact:

Postby T3m3r1ty » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:57 pm UTC

Rodan wrote:Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.


I'll bet you got your mom to knit you a Jayne hat as well. ;)
River: Noah's Ark is a problem.

Book: Really.

River: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit five thousand species of mammal on the same boat.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:05 am UTC

T3m3r1ty wrote:
Rodan wrote:Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.


I'll bet you got your mom to knit you a Jayne hat as well. ;)

That would be AWESOME.

User avatar
JuliaGlass
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:45 am UTC

Postby JuliaGlass » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 am UTC

I don't like Zach Braff in anything else, ever, but I do watch Scrubs.

User avatar
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick
Posts: 8915
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:33 pm UTC
Location: One of those hot places

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:53 am UTC

Note to self: come to meetup with saltines.
Image
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Postby une see » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:15 am UTC

Anyone who doesn't love Scrubs deserves to be shot, in the oh-so-wise words of Tyra Banks.

No, but seriously. Scrubs is pretty damn awesome.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Dark Ragnarok
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:37 am UTC

Floating Head Doctor!

User avatar
Peshmerga
Mad Hatter
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:56 am UTC
Contact:

Postby Peshmerga » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 am UTC

Someone say browncoat?
i hurd u liek mudkips???

User avatar
__Kit
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 5:12 am UTC
Location: 16/M/NZ
Contact:

Postby __Kit » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 am UTC

Dr. Acula, JD is so cool
=]

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:57 pm UTC

Where's my Gorram air support?

Surely there's more who can attack the sacrilegious claims in this thread!

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:47 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

This show is so great, because you care about what happens to the characters, but even while being dramatic and sad it's uproariously funny. And all along, it's completely aware of how ridiculously silly it is.
I just watch it on DVD, but if I could catch up I REALLY want to watch season 7 as it unfolds. I turned on a tv this year for Heroes...I think that's it. I watched a little "The Rich's" because of the Eddie Izzard factor.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

User avatar
Jauss
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:49 am UTC
Location: PDX
Contact:

Postby Jauss » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:15 am UTC

I love me some Scrubs. It speaks directly to my own personal brand of humour/romance/general weirdness. And the music stuff is sexcellent.

I also love Zach Braff in general (though I watch Scrubs for the whole awesome cast) and I will fight all y'all haters.

*Picks up war ax and looks around*
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus

User avatar
Djsavestheday
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:59 pm UTC
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Djsavestheday » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

This show is so great, because you care about what happens to the characters, but even while being dramatic and sad it's uproariously funny. And all along, it's completely aware of how ridiculously silly it is.


Mhmm! Scrubs really gets to me sometimes. After I watched the episode where Turk finds out that Carla and Dr. Cox dated and realizes that she's afraid to tell him these things because he'll freak out, I called my girlfriend and told her I was going to work on freaking out about guys from her past.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:44 pm UTC

Jauss wrote:I love me some Scrubs. It speaks directly to my own personal brand of humour/romance/general weirdness. And the music stuff is sexcellent.

I also love Zach Braff in general (though I watch Scrubs for the whole awesome cast) and I will fight all y'all haters.

*Picks up war ax and looks around*


Yeah, I really connect with JD from his self-naration to his romance problems. Romantically I'm like a JD / Rob Gordon hybrid. Also I'm listening to Jamaroquai's Cosmic Girl....it saddens me that dancing to Jamaroquai has been cliched by Napoleon Dynamite...but I appreciate Elvis Costello references. Which was not intended as a tie to High Fidelity at all...but there you go.

And I LOVE the rediculous, silly, goofy sense of humor. (EXAMPLE of how I relate to SCRUBS - a woman I work with just came in with an easle sheet of paper and large writing on it of people's names who need reimbursements for their cab fares from this conference that's going on here, I immediately decided that since the secretary for the conference used giant paper and wrote really large, the secretary must be a giant)

My main boyfriend and I in college couldn't agree on much, but we agreed on the Brock show and Scrubs. (the brock show was stupid but enjoyable and scrubs was friggin' awesome)
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Spot
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:43 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Postby Spot » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:12 pm UTC

Yes for Scrubs. Dr. Cox is my favorite character. The humor and the drama are both pretty good, and it makes me wish my best friend went by his last name. I don't know how to compare it to The Office though. The Office has some pretty funny episodes, but Scrubs has been running longer so it has more pretty funny episodes. Sometimes I think I like the indirect humor of The Office more though.

User avatar
Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm UTC
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Postby Alisto » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:27 pm UTC

How did everyone feel about the musical episode?

I loved it and went around singing songs from it for weeks.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

I need to see seasons six before seven starts, but I can't get it to Torrent anywhere... I really suck at using torrents....anyway if anyone could get me season six I'd be greatful. We can send it via email or actual mail or whatever teh feck.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

User avatar
keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 am UTC
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Postby keozen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:11 pm UTC

Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm UTC

keozen wrote:Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!
AGH! I love your avatar!
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

User avatar
keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 am UTC
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Postby keozen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:12 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:
keozen wrote:Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!
AGH! I love your avatar!


He loves you too ;)

User avatar
Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

Video is not the best quality, but your problems of viewing are solved.

By the way, Dr. Cox is awesome... carry on.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:Video is not the best quality, but your problems of viewing are solved.

By the way, Dr. Cox is awesome... carry on.
He really friggin' is. Someone tried to use him as an example of the fact that chicks dig jerks. He was trying to say that Dr. Cox being my favorite character is evidence to this point....I hate people.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

User avatar
Cuton
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Waterloo, Ontario

Postby Cuton » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm UTC

Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton

User avatar
Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

Cuton wrote:Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton


Except for the fact that he keeps track of how many times he's made Elliot cry. "Twenty-seven, counting this morning."
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

User avatar
bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢
Posts: 3137
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm UTC
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Postby bbctol » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

Rodan wrote:
T3m3r1ty wrote:
Rodan wrote:Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.


I'll bet you got your mom to knit you a Jayne hat as well. ;)

That would be AWESOME.


Image

http://www.wearwithstyle.com/

User avatar
semicolon
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 am UTC
Contact:

Postby semicolon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:07 pm UTC

Scrubs is good, but comparing it to the Office (US or UK) is grounds for summary execution.

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:
Cuton wrote:Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton


Except for the fact that he keeps track of how many times he's made Elliot cry. "Twenty-seven, counting this morning."


YEY! 27!

I'm watching season five now. They let him be super-curly, bearded and slightly grey, it fits the character. From what I saw of season 6, they did some weird stuff with people's hair.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

djooleek
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:14 pm UTC

Postby djooleek » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:28 pm UTC

How did everyone feel about the musical episode?



I thought that episode was AMAZING! "Everything comes down to poo!"
One of the best this past season.

EricD242
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:57 pm UTC
Location: Thank you for calling Thank you for calling, How may I help you. How may I help you?

Postby EricD242 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 pm UTC

The fact that so many self-proclaimed nerds can't spell "ridiculous" is... well... you know.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.

User avatar
dagron
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:42 pm UTC

Postby dagron » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:32 am UTC

I've watched the whole series now thanks to reruns on Comedy Central. I do enjoy the hell out of Scrubs, although I occassionally want to punch JD in his stupid face.

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm UTC

hopefully by the time I get home tonight I will have all of season six! (Between me, my housemate and my boyfriend we own seasons 1-5) I'm torrenting six.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests