Scrubs

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Djsavestheday

Scrubs

Postby Djsavestheday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:29 pm UTC

Seriously, HOW has this thread not been made yet? I searched over and over because I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, so Scrubs is seriously the greatest TV show ever. I'm waiting to borrow season 5 from my friend, and it's worse than the night before christmas when I was 5.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Phenriz
I'm daaancin' like a monkey!

Postby Phenriz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:42 pm UTC

i would say that scrubs is hilarious, in a cheesey manner.

careful the firefly browncoats will come after you if you claim this is "the greatest! evar".

I like The Office slightly more than this. slightly.
I loveded you piggy, i lovded youuuu!!!

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

They are each the greatest in their own way.

The janitor is bloody amazing.
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

Djsavestheday

Postby Djsavestheday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

American or British?

I love The Office too, but Scrubs has better music, I'm a sucker for cheesy and absurdist humor and scrubs apeals to the hopeless romantic in me.

Edit: Yes, the Janitor is made of WIN. And even he at times makes you want to cry (or that's probably just me).
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Sprocket
Seymour

Re: Scrubs

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 pm UTC

Djsavestheday wrote:Seriously, HOW has this thread not been made yet? I searched over and over because I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, so Scrubs is seriously the greatest TV show ever. I'm waiting to borrow season 5 from my friend, and it's worse than the night before christmas when I was 5.
I agree, I thought about starting this thread myself.

It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs! Infact I find it to be one of the only watchable thing on TV for years that was on neither Comedy Central or Cartoon Network. (of course now it does rerun on CC) I just got season five after watching all the other seasons (starting with getting my housemate into it last summer, he bought seasons 2 and three, then my soon-to-be boyfriend joined in and bought season 4, then as my boyfriend I bought him season five). We started to watch it, but Ryan gets pretty bussy and considering he was the original purchaser he should be around to watch the rest with us.

We did a similar catchup game with heros but ryan and I mostly watched it on our own. It's sad that I won't be able to watch season 7 because I won't have seen season 6 and I really don't like what i know about the end of season six already! SHHHHHHHHH! DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING MORE!

(yes, Janitor is makes it win...but it helps that JD is cute and rediculous, and Elliot is SO crazy, and then Turk is awesome...and Oh me yarm Dr. Cox co-makes-it-win!)

Neil Gaiman reads XKCD, why not Zach Braff?
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!

Postby Alisto » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs!

Yes, this. Though My Name is Earl, The Office, and 30 Rock all give Scrubs a run for its money.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:57 pm UTC

Alisto wrote:
CatProximity wrote:It IS (and has been) the BEST sitcom on television for the last 6 years! I LOVES mah Scrubs!

Yes, this. Though My Name is Earl, The Office, and 30 Rock all give Scrubs a run for its money.

So I guess I know what you do on Thursday nights.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:12 pm UTC

This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

This show is so great, because you care about what happens to the characters, but even while being dramatic and sad it's uproariously funny. And all along, it's completely aware of how ridiculously silly it is.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

T3m3r1ty

Postby T3m3r1ty » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

Phenriz wrote:
careful the firefly browncoats will come after you if you claim this is "the greatest! evar".

I am SO not a browncoat but Firefly is better than scrubs. Scrubs is still on and fantastic so I watch that instead of wearing out my Firefly DVDs. "My name is Earl" used to be great but the last couple of shows have been mediocre and don't get me started on The Office <<shudder>>. I like Extras but The Office is teh sux0r
River: Noah's Ark is a problem.
Book: Really.
River: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit five thousand species of mammal on the same boat.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.

T3m3r1ty

Postby T3m3r1ty » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:57 pm UTC

Rodan wrote:Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.

I'll bet you got your mom to knit you a Jayne hat as well. ;)
River: Noah's Ark is a problem.

Book: Really.

River: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit five thousand species of mammal on the same boat.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:05 am UTC

T3m3r1ty wrote:
Rodan wrote:Browncoat here. Or at least I would be if I had a long brown coat. (I so want one though). Firefly=best. Scrubs=meh.

That would be AWESOME.

JuliaGlass

Postby JuliaGlass » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 am UTC

I don't like Zach Braff in anything else, ever, but I do watch Scrubs.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:53 am UTC

Note to self: come to meetup with saltines.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:15 am UTC

Anyone who doesn't love Scrubs deserves to be shot, in the oh-so-wise words of Tyra Banks.

No, but seriously. Scrubs is pretty damn awesome.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:37 am UTC

Floating Head Doctor!

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 am UTC

Someone say browncoat?
i hurd u liek mudkips???

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 am UTC

Dr. Acula, JD is so cool
=]

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:57 pm UTC

Where's my Gorram air support?

Surely there's more who can attack the sacrilegious claims in this thread!

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:47 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

This show is so great, because you care about what happens to the characters, but even while being dramatic and sad it's uproariously funny. And all along, it's completely aware of how ridiculously silly it is.
I just watch it on DVD, but if I could catch up I REALLY want to watch season 7 as it unfolds. I turned on a tv this year for Heroes...I think that's it. I watched a little "The Rich's" because of the Eddie Izzard factor.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”

Jauss

Postby Jauss » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:15 am UTC

I love me some Scrubs. It speaks directly to my own personal brand of humour/romance/general weirdness. And the music stuff is sexcellent.

I also love Zach Braff in general (though I watch Scrubs for the whole awesome cast) and I will fight all y'all haters.

*Picks up war ax and looks around*
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus

Djsavestheday

Postby Djsavestheday » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:This show is the sole reason I turn on the TV anymore.

That and Jeopardy.

Mhmm! Scrubs really gets to me sometimes. After I watched the episode where Turk finds out that Carla and Dr. Cox dated and realizes that she's afraid to tell him these things because he'll freak out, I called my girlfriend and told her I was going to work on freaking out about guys from her past.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:44 pm UTC

Jauss wrote:I love me some Scrubs. It speaks directly to my own personal brand of humour/romance/general weirdness. And the music stuff is sexcellent.

I also love Zach Braff in general (though I watch Scrubs for the whole awesome cast) and I will fight all y'all haters.

*Picks up war ax and looks around*

Yeah, I really connect with JD from his self-naration to his romance problems. Romantically I'm like a JD / Rob Gordon hybrid. Also I'm listening to Jamaroquai's Cosmic Girl....it saddens me that dancing to Jamaroquai has been cliched by Napoleon Dynamite...but I appreciate Elvis Costello references. Which was not intended as a tie to High Fidelity at all...but there you go.

And I LOVE the rediculous, silly, goofy sense of humor. (EXAMPLE of how I relate to SCRUBS - a woman I work with just came in with an easle sheet of paper and large writing on it of people's names who need reimbursements for their cab fares from this conference that's going on here, I immediately decided that since the secretary for the conference used giant paper and wrote really large, the secretary must be a giant)

My main boyfriend and I in college couldn't agree on much, but we agreed on the Brock show and Scrubs. (the brock show was stupid but enjoyable and scrubs was friggin' awesome)

Spot

Postby Spot » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:12 pm UTC

Yes for Scrubs. Dr. Cox is my favorite character. The humor and the drama are both pretty good, and it makes me wish my best friend went by his last name. I don't know how to compare it to The Office though. The Office has some pretty funny episodes, but Scrubs has been running longer so it has more pretty funny episodes. Sometimes I think I like the indirect humor of The Office more though.

Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!

Postby Alisto » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:27 pm UTC

How did everyone feel about the musical episode?

I loved it and went around singing songs from it for weeks.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

I need to see seasons six before seven starts, but I can't get it to Torrent anywhere... I really suck at using torrents....anyway if anyone could get me season six I'd be greatful. We can send it via email or actual mail or whatever teh feck.

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:11 pm UTC

Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm UTC

keozen wrote:Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!
AGH! I love your avatar!

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:12 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:
keozen wrote:Any show that makes me want to find and buy a dead stuffed Labrador wins in my book!
AGH! I love your avatar!

He loves you too ;)

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

Video is not the best quality, but your problems of viewing are solved.

By the way, Dr. Cox is awesome... carry on.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:Video is not the best quality, but your problems of viewing are solved.

By the way, Dr. Cox is awesome... carry on.
He really friggin' is. Someone tried to use him as an example of the fact that chicks dig jerks. He was trying to say that Dr. Cox being my favorite character is evidence to this point....I hate people.

Cuton

Postby Cuton » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm UTC

Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

Cuton wrote:Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton

Except for the fact that he keeps track of how many times he's made Elliot cry. "Twenty-seven, counting this morning."
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

Rodan wrote:
T3m3r1ty wrote:

That would be AWESOME.

http://www.wearwithstyle.com/

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:07 pm UTC

Scrubs is good, but comparing it to the Office (US or UK) is grounds for summary execution.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:
Cuton wrote:Dr.Cox is not a jerk. He subscribes to the "tough love" philosophy but he's not out to make people cry for the sake of making people cry. (It's what I tell myself so that I can maintain my boy-crush on him and such...)

Cuton

Except for the fact that he keeps track of how many times he's made Elliot cry. "Twenty-seven, counting this morning."

YEY! 27!

I'm watching season five now. They let him be super-curly, bearded and slightly grey, it fits the character. From what I saw of season 6, they did some weird stuff with people's hair.

djooleek

Postby djooleek » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:28 pm UTC

How did everyone feel about the musical episode?

I thought that episode was AMAZING! "Everything comes down to poo!"
One of the best this past season.

EricD242
Location: Thank you for calling Thank you for calling, How may I help you. How may I help you?

Postby EricD242 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 pm UTC

The fact that so many self-proclaimed nerds can't spell "ridiculous" is... well... you know.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.

dagron

Postby dagron » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:32 am UTC

I've watched the whole series now thanks to reruns on Comedy Central. I do enjoy the hell out of Scrubs, although I occassionally want to punch JD in his stupid face.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm UTC

hopefully by the time I get home tonight I will have all of season six! (Between me, my housemate and my boyfriend we own seasons 1-5) I'm torrenting six.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”