The Music of 2014

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

The Music of 2014

Postby Adam H » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 pm UTC

In the vein of previous threads...

I just saw that Manchester Orchestra released a new record and I am about to rush home and buy it. I haven't been this excited in a long time.
-Adam

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Re: The Music of 2014

Postby no-genius » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:28 pm UTC

About 2 Guided By Voices albums (I haven't got the latest one yet, and the next one's out pretty soon), plus Robert Pollard or Teenage Guitar. Other than that, tUnE-yArDs and Shonen Knife, not really anything to compare to Boards Of Canada in 2013.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

RobertChun

Postby RobertChun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 am UTC

Adam H wrote:In the vein of previous threads...

I just saw that Manchester Orchestra released a new record and I am about to rush home and buy it. I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Which music record you are talking about as I am a big fan of Manchester Orchestra music and I am not aware of any new music record they have released.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:41 pm UTC

RobertChun wrote:
Adam H wrote:In the vein of previous threads...

Which music record you are talking about as I am a big fan of Manchester Orchestra music and I am not aware of any new music record they have released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cope_(Manchester_Orchestra_album)

I like their softer stuff so I was a little disappointed, but it definitely has some good tunes on it. Just gets a little repetitive.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 pm UTC

Manchester Orchestra released an album consisting entirely of slow versions of all 10 songs off of Cope and it's all so beautiful. I love it every bit as much as you might expect given my last post. :)

Ben Howard's new record is pretty good. I don't think I like it as much as his first record but it might grow on me.

Also I like Taylor Swift's new record so maybe my opinions about music should not be taken seriously.
-Adam

Return to “Music”