The Eurovision Song Contest Thread - "xkcd, douze points!"

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

The Eurovision Song Contest Thread - "xkcd, douze points!"

Postby Dobblesworth » Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 am UTC

To the Europeans (and those from further abroad), are you looking forward to the ESC 2008? If you're thinking "What? That time of year AGAIN?", then you're not alone - Eurovision usually catches people by surprise when it comes around. :lol:

The 53rd Eurovision Song Contest kicks off next week in Belgrade, Serbia with the main event Saturday 24th May. Two semi-final events will see an initial batch of 38 entries whittled down to 20 to go on to join 'The Big Four' of Germany, France, UK and Spain, along with the host nation and 2007 victor, Serbia.

So, I hereby declare the official[citation needed] xkcd fora ESC discussion thread open for business. Bring your accusations of tactical/block/neighbour voting with you (the more, the merrier), as well as your favourite acts from past and present Eurotrash.

A nice little compilation of links for your perusal

http://www.eurovision.tv/ for the Eurotrash propaganda and merchandise and live streaming on the night apparently
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/ for good ol' Terry Wogan's thoughts (and biased view we're going to win with Andy Abraham)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_2008
Ye scurvy dogs out in Latvia, yarr :twisted:
Finnish heavy metal entry attempting to emulate previous winners Lordi :twisted:
____

I honestly don't think the UK entry stands much chance this year. Yes our guy can sing and it's not mindblowingly pathetic like Scooch from last year, but it doesn't have the pizazz or wow factor to win over the Eastern bloc. :?
Last edited by Dobblesworth on Tue May 20, 2008 9:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Re: The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Sat May 17, 2008 8:24 am UTC

Bill Bailey should so be the UK entry, either insect nation or the love song he does (I'd link them but don't think I have enough posts yet).

Also, I'm starting to believe the thoery that some countries deliberatley put rubbish entrants n so they don't have to host it due to the enormous cost compared to what the country gets ot of it, lol. Just look at the UK's entries, they can't have been picked on talent surely? :P
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Clem

Postby Clem » Sat May 17, 2008 11:34 am UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:Bill Bailey should so be the UK entry, either insect nation or the love song he does

Agreed. He'd show Europe what Britain is really like! Key characteristics: infatuated with people we can't have, and fearful of all insects :|

Really it would have just been a laugh and make watching EVSC bearable to watch.

Insect Nation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IbyWxEq-0c
Love Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMl0YIeMj78
Hurr.

vqcg

Postby vqcg » Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm UTC

it caught *me* by suprise. Thanks for reminding me, Dob! :mrgreen:
Meh, we wouldn't win anyway. Tactical voting and all that. And I quite like Scooch actually :lol: Although their 90s hit was better than last years entry.
I love him that's for sure,
And I'll never let him go,
Na na na na na na na na ...
vqcg :: 19/female/bisexual/British

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

The results for semi-final one have been announced. Of an initial 19 in tonight's set, 10 have gone through, including my current favourite from Finland and some interesting acts from the Balkans and ex-Soviet bloc.
Official Site News
To summarise the offerings, the stage and national theme drop-ins look fantastic (as usual), and the least said about the two Serbian presenters the better.

micco

Re: The Eurovision Song Contest Thread - "xkcd, douze points!"

Postby micco » Wed May 21, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

Finland`s song sucks, again. I haven`t heard any other songs yet.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Sat May 24, 2008 4:53 pm UTC

Here's the running order for tonight's contest. It's being broadcast at 8pm British Time, 9pm Central European Time, and whatever time it will be over in the States. As well as broadcasts on participating terrestrial channels, Eurovision themselves will have a live stream on the main website here: http://www.eurovision.tv/ [does require installation of a minor video stream client software]

01 Romania - Nico & Vlad - Pe-o Margine De Lume
02 United Kingdom - Andy Abraham - Even If Ex-British X-Factor contestant singing a disco song and who doesn't stand a chance.
03 Albania - Olta Boka - Zemrën E Lamë Peng
04 Germany - No Angels - Disappear Previous German girl band formed through X-Factor contest reformed for ESC
05 Armenia - Sirusho - Qele, Qele
06 Bosnia & Herzegovina - Laka - Pokušaj
07 Israel - Boaz - The Fire In Your Eyes
08 Finland - Teräsbetoni - Missä Miehet Ratsastaa Heavy metal warriors with a band name that literally translates as steel-reinforced concrete
09 Croatia - Kraljevi Ulice & 75 Cents - Romanca
10 Poland - Isis Gee - For Life
11 Iceland - Euroband - This Is My Life Very much a Eurotrash entry
12 Turkey - Mor ve Ötesi - Deli
13 Portugal - Vânia Fernandes - Senhora Do Mar (Negras Águas) Portuguese woman with an opera-esque song
14 Latvia - Pirates Of The Sea - Wolves Of The Sea Self-explanatory
15 Sweden - Charlotte Perrelli - Hero Diva song from a previous winner in '99
16 Denmark - Simon Mathew - All Night Long Smooth swinging love song
17 Georgia - Diana Gurtskaya - Peace Will Come I think this was the one with a blind woman who managed a startling costume change mid-act
18 Ukraine - Ani Lorak - Shady Lady
19 France - Sébastien Tellier - Divine Love song sung in English to piss off the native Frenchies by a heavily-bearded Jesus figure in a white suit. Lyrics are hard to catch.
20 Azerbaijan - Elnur & Samir - Day After Day
21 Greece - Kalomira - Secret Combination Essentially this is a Barbie doll on stage
22 Spain - Rodolfo Chikilicuatre - Baila El Chiki Chiki Apparently this is a famous Spanish comedian singing a load of complete nonsense that he knows how to dance, that he invented these various steps and that everyone should follow him.
23 Serbia - Jelena Tomašević feat. Bora Dugic - Oro
24 Russia - Dima Bilan - Believe This one had singer + violinist on a central podium while another guy is on ice-skates going around them 2m away on the stage.
25 Norway - Maria - Hold On Be Strong

I think the Balkan, Baltic, Scandinavian and Eastern block voters will be out in force tonight, as will Sir Terry Wogan's commentary. Should be fun :D I also think a general comment that can be made, is that most people consider their country's act to be quite rubbish, but some foreigners love it to bits. Especially when a country is entering a transvestite act or one who is selling out his/her country's culture for points.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sat May 24, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

After seeing Latvia's entry, I was sorely disappointed that not one of the other two dozen entries featured ninjas.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sat May 24, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

Edit: double post. If a mod sees this, please delete.
Last edited by Robin S on Sun May 25, 2008 11:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 am UTC

Am I the only person offended by the presence of Israel, Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan?

also English must eb banned there, It's a disgrace.
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

micco

Postby micco » Sun May 25, 2008 9:56 am UTC

^Yes, perhaps you are. Why should we be offended for that? And why are you offended by that, you don`t even live in europe. And what do you mean when you say "english must be banned there"? Do you mean that it should be banned in Eurovisin song contest, or in those three mentionet countries?
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Sun May 25, 2008 11:05 am UTC

I will agree that a few members of ESC these days are more 'Asia' continentally than 'Europe', though I believe all those 4 mentioned by ZLVT are classed as Europe for the FIFA/UEFA tournaments, so it's not really that offensive to shove them in. They make the contest what it is: Europe's nations coming together for a block (voting) party.
Are you saying England (UK) should be removed from the contest because we're poor performers nowadays, or do you want a return to previous rules stating a country can only enter a song in one of their official languages? If it's the former, then I think a good amount of public opinion in Britain would support us pulling out altogether, due to the staggering cost on the BBC license fee payers and the limited chance of victory.
I actually thought the UK was a credible entry this year, best I've seen from us since 2004. I'd initially seen Latvia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, France and Germany to be good acts, but it seems I was wrong and they never seemed to touch the competition on the scorecard.
Joint last really is depressing for us though. Even Scooch got more points for us last year.
I compiled a few more of my thoughts on my inter-blog-o-blag-net, which you can check out on my profile link.

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Sun May 25, 2008 12:31 pm UTC

micco wrote:^Yes, perhaps you are. Why should we be offended for that? And why are you offended by that, you don`t even live in europe. And what do you mean when you say "english must be banned there"? Do you mean that it should be banned in Eurovisin song contest, or in those three mentionet countries?

My /current/ residence is in Australia, but I'm Hungarian and I am offended because none of these countries are European. So why are they in the Eurovision contest? It's a European thing, next they'll let the Americans in. Also, I mean that English should not be allowed in the contex\st except by the UK and maybe Ireland. Everyone sings in English now. It's just ... bad!

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Sun May 25, 2008 1:33 pm UTC

Have to say, my favourite entries in the final this year were Latvia and Finland. Finland's drummers in the background were great, and I still can't get Latvia's song out of my head.

Bosnia & Herzegovina's song was completely nuts, and quite cool in a completely insane way.
Mercy wrote:Since this is for everything fora, I'd just like to express my fondness of @trophy's and Mmmm, Pi's avatars. You adorable demons. <3

Pi is still tasty.

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Sun May 25, 2008 3:11 pm UTC

I like finalnad, Azerbaijan, Serbia (very nice), Greece, and many others but Spain scared me. What is "perea"?

Gah, but it was such a political voting thing but imo, the BBC commentator WAS FUCKING AWESOME. I officially love him now.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Sun May 25, 2008 4:45 pm UTC

Everybody loves Wogan, you can't get away from it.

Why did the French entry sing in English? And such an awful song as well!

And I'm really annoyed Malta, France and Greece didn't vote for us. If the Eastern European nations can politically vote, why can't we?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Sun May 25, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

Yeh I was a bit surprised as well at Malta, Greece and some of the Western Europeans when they didn't touch UK with their scores. Normally we'd get 1 or 2 at least from those directly across the channel. Wogan summed it up perfectly with "Well, thanks a lot Malta" in a very sarcastic tone. Had me in a fit of laughter for a good minute. Apparently though, Malta only rigged up 12pts for UK in 2007 as a full-on protest at political block voting, and not on the merits of the country and the song as a whole.
France seemed to continue on from last year, in that they went from 'exclusively French song' to 'French/English Franglais entry' and then on to 'all English'. I liked the promotional video more than his final performance though. The bearded ladies at the back scared me. Although I liked the golf cart. I think for him to sing in English may have ruined his chances, as his accent kinda muffled the actual lyrics, so slightly harder to understand than singing in French with confidence and letting the audience read the translations.
Spain I didn't get. You can't make a successful song by:
a) Having a Borat with Elvis toupee as your main singer
b) Bringing on a MyLittlePony-esque child's electronic guitar toy, and then playing it badly
c) Making up a dance routine by spelling out four basic moves that already had established naming conventions, give them new names and make a poor attempt at performing them
d) When your guy says "OK now show your moves!" after spelling out the routine, you don't just freestyle in an unrelated dance style
e) Not providing any form of catchy refrain to sing along to.
I think Perea is just a random Spanish word.

someguy

Postby someguy » Sun May 25, 2008 7:13 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Spain I didn't get. You can't make a successful song by:
b) Bringing on a MyLittlePony-esque child's electronic guitar toy, and then playing it badly
c) Making up a dance routine by spelling out four basic moves that already had established naming conventions, give them new names and make a poor attempt at performing them
d) When your guy says "OK now show your moves!" after spelling out the routine, you don't just freestyle in an unrelated dance style

The guy's a comedian from what I've read, so it's probably all in jest. Which does not preclude it from sucking.

And I believe the word is 'perrea'--I'm too lazy to check, but it's probably Spanish slang for that crotch-dancing thing the English word for which escapes me at the moment.
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

Stief

Postby Stief » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 am UTC

ZLVT wrote:My /current/ residence is in Australia, but I'm Hungarian and I am offended because none of these countries are European.

at least for Armenia...
Wikipedia article wrote:A transcontinental country at the juncture of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, Armenia has had and continues to have extensive socio-political and cultural connections with Europe.

So I guess that's why they were allowed in

on topic: glad to see we (the UK) came 25th :P As Bill Bailey says, the British live for failure (or words to that extent @D)
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon May 26, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

Well, we were only 25th as a result of alphabetical ordering of equal points nations, so technically we're 23rd equal in the rankings. Still embarrassing though.

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Mon May 26, 2008 3:12 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Well, we were only 25th as a result of alphabetical ordering of equal points nations, so technically we're 23rd equal in the rankings. Still embarrassing though.

Actually, if we use the rules that are used for tiebreaking first place for who got last place, we still come last. Germany got 12 points from a country, and Poland got 10 points, so we came in last.

It's a real shame Wogan is thinking about not doing it next year - Eurovision really won't be the same without him. I can see why though, you can predict who is going to vote for who before you even hear the songs.
Mercy wrote:Since this is for everything fora, I'd just like to express my fondness of @trophy's and Mmmm, Pi's avatars. You adorable demons. <3

Pi is still tasty.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon May 26, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Mmmm, Pi wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:Well, we were only 25th as a result of alphabetical ordering of equal points nations, so technically we're 23rd equal in the rankings. Still embarrassing though.

Actually, if we use the rules that are used for tiebreaking first place for who got last place, we still come last. Germany got 12 points from a country, and Poland got 10 points, so we came in last.

It's a real shame Wogan is thinking about not doing it next year - Eurovision really won't be the same without him. I can see why though, you can predict who is going to vote for who before you even hear the songs.

Ah good point. Oh well, better luck next year. I do agree about Wogan though, he makes it bearable for the British public to watch and his commentary is always top-notch.
I'm thinking a way we can counter the ~10 Former Yugoslav Republic states would be to split UK into England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales entries, and see how we fare, maybe start up a Scotland-France 12-pointer alliance. Even better, rope in the Channel Islands as a separate entity.

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Mon May 26, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Ah good point. Oh well, better luck next year. I do agree about Wogan though, he makes it bearable for the British public to watch and his commentary is always top-notch.
I'm thinking a way we can counter the ~10 Former Yugoslav Republic states would be to split UK into England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales entries, and see how we fare, maybe start up a Scotland-France 12-pointer alliance. Even better, rope in the Channel Islands as a separate entity.

Yeah, at the Eurovision party we had the common consensus was that the only way we would win again would be if we spilt up into England, Scotland, Wales etc etc or if the Soviet countries reformed into the USSR again. I think the former is a lot more likely to happen.

I watch Eurovision just for the drinking games and listening to what Wogan has to say about it. It's not going to be the same without him.

Pi is still tasty.

Zero

Postby Zero » Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:13 Portugal - Vânia Fernandes - Senhora Do Mar (Negras Águas) Portuguese woman with an opera-esque song

Just one thing, that opera-esque song... it's called Fado. :wink:

And by the way, Eurovision sucks so hard, it's more a mixture of a circus and a passerelle than a music contest.

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Tue May 27, 2008 3:42 am UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:I'm thinking a way we can counter the ~10 Former Yugoslav Republic states would be to split UK into England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales entries, and see how we fare, maybe start up a Scotland-France 12-pointer alliance. Even better, rope in the Channel Islands as a separate entity.

Or make a rule that, Say, a west slavic country voting for a west slavic country can't put them in the top 2 positions, and they cant put a slavic coutnry in the top position. So, Poland could give a maximum of 8 to the Czech rep. or slovakia, or a maximum of 10 to Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine etc.

Jackpot

Postby Jackpot » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 pm UTC

UK are not in the top 4. they are not great.

Year after year, the en masse retard public submits crappy pop songs, that consistently get close to nothing.

I'm pleased with the turkish entry (side note : Born in turkey, lived in england for past 11 years), and our continuation of putting on more rock bands rather than succumbing to pop music.
Even though I walk through the valley of the humourless nerds, I fear no evil, for escape and perspective is with me; my experience and love, they comfort me.

Zero

Postby Zero » Tue May 27, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

Jackpot wrote:UK are not in the top 4. they are not great.

Year after year, the en masse retard public submits crappy pop songs, that consistently get close to nothing.

I'm pleased with the turkish entry (side note : Born in turkey, lived in england for past 11 years), and our continuation of putting on more rock bands rather than succumbing to pop music.

Pop, Rock, Metal, Jazz, etc... i don't care as long as it's good. And Turkey wasn't, IMO. So banal...

Vibragiel

Postby Vibragiel » Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 am UTC

someguy wrote:
Dobblesworth wrote:Spain I didn't get. You can't make a successful song by:

The guy's a comedian from what I've read, so it's probably all in jest. Which does not preclude it from sucking.

And I believe the word is 'perrea'--I'm too lazy to check, but it's probably Spanish slang for that crotch-dancing thing the English word for which escapes me at the moment.

Yes, it's 'perrea'. It's one of those slang words which can mean pretty much what you want (to fuck, to laze around, to swindle), but in this particular context (reggaetón music) it refers to a type of sexually suggestive dance, the 'perreo' [1]. Thus, '¡Perrea, perrea!' (a verb in its imperative form) would mean 'Dance! Dance!".

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perreo

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Sat May 16, 2009 1:05 am UTC

It's necromancy time!

Eurovision 2009 hits the airwaves tomorrow night from Moskau, starting 20:00 GMT+1 (and at other times in other nations).

The UK has undergone a bit of a shift this year for Eurovision. Terry Wogan retired following last year; the commentary mantle has been taken up by Graham Norton now, who has said he won't go about it actively trying to do a Wogan impression, but just in his own style. Andrew Lloyd Webber, he of Joseph, Sound of Music, Cats, Les Mis & that rather disturbing smile, put his arse on the line following our performance last year, and organised an elimination contest to find an entry to sing a song penned by him.
The result for us is a Leona Lewis lookalike singing a random ballad about it being "Her Time". I doubt it's the UK's time though, that song sent me to sleep until the Generic "And then, we change, the key!" Moment at about 2:30.
Ireland's attempt at soft punk Celtic girl rock got voted off in yesterday's semis (perhaps a better job than Dustin the Turkey though). Norway seem to be fielding a Zach Efron High School Musical lookalikey, neighbours Sweden have a mezzo-soprano opera singer, according to Twotter last night, the Netherlands had a hilariously-costumed group that got voted off. Germany have opted for yet another Swing Jazz number. Israel have a combo act of an Arab & Jew, but their position in the show (2nd in the running order) means that they are apparently doomed, as no act has ever won from that position.

I won't quite get to see the whole night, as I'm doing some drama work beforehand, but I might get the shots of vodka in for a mini-shindig to catch the various cliches that come along.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm UTC

I can honestly say the only reason I keep up with Eurovision is because Im wating, hoping, that someday the guy wearing all pink and singing to the cat around his neck talking about airplanes will come back. And the dancing. He was a great dancer. I still cant decide if thats my least of most favorite song ever.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon May 25, 2009 5:31 pm UTC

I take it you refer to Les Fatals Picards, French entry from '07? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VcSQE7DXg] I'd personally interpreted it as a meerkat/ferret. I don't quite think they sang much about aeroplanes though, just 'running around the streets of Paris in the summertime, the Champs Elysee, the Eiffel Tower & the Moulin Rouge searching for their lost love'.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon May 25, 2009 5:42 pm UTC

Yeah, that one. I could have sworn it was a cat. I actually havent heard it in a while... I think I was also thinking of the one where some people were just running around in stewardess outfits talking about flying.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Mambrino

Postby Mambrino » Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am UTC

Torn between whether I should necro or make a new thread? Necro it is.

Anyway, ESC 2016 is here again (first semi was yesterday), and is weird as ever: Australia participates again, in the 2nd semi tomorrow. In addition, the final will be broadcast in the US (not voting, though), and will include Justin Timberlake.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun May 15, 2016 12:45 am UTC

So, Ukraine won in the end, despite winning neither the public vote nor the jury vote.

Mambrino wrote:In addition, the final will be broadcast in the US (not voting, though)

It was also broadcast in China and New Zealand, and of course includes Australia nowadays. Eurovision is slowly becoming more like a global song contest than a European one.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:19 pm UTC

Ukraine's song was extremely heartfelt. I liked it, not the most technically perfect entry but very heartfelt. Australia probably had the better singer. And the Russian entry had really interesting, innovative staging.

The next contest in... probably Kiev, is going to be very interesting. I'm wondering if the Russians will even turn up...
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 pm UTC

We wuz robbed!

Actually, I haven't watched the replay yet, but I was spoiled the results when I woke up yesterday. Apparently if Australia had won then we'd actually just pick a European city to co-host with next year, but I'm impressed that we got so close to it. I suppose we took advantage of not being in any of the long lists of countries that refuse to vote for each other.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

MarioMariano

Postby MarioMariano » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 am UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elL5u0xXX8 and what do you guys think about this song? For me this one supposed to win
check out my page about polish communications agency http://www.all4comms.com

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:41 pm UTC

MarioMariano wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elL5u0xXX8 and what do you guys think about this song? For me this one supposed to win

I found it quite bland.

Like, I remember the singer, I don't remember the song, at all (without looking it up). And that's not a good sign for a song.

I think my favorites this year were Cyprus and Belgium. Cyprus being a sort of Poets of the Fall-light-version and Belgium have a decidedly different song with the disco throwback and all. But Ukraine was a good winner, not really my type of song, but it is definitely a worthy winner.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

MarioMariano

Postby MarioMariano » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:42 am UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:
MarioMariano wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elL5u0xXX8 and what do you guys think about this song? For me this one supposed to win

I found it quite bland.

Like, I remember the singer, I don't remember the song, at all (without looking it up). And that's not a good sign for a song.

I think my favorites this year were Cyprus and Belgium. Cyprus being a sort of Poets of the Fall-light-version and Belgium have a decidedly different song with the disco throwback and all. But Ukraine was a good winner, not really my type of song, but it is definitely a worthy winner.

I agree with Cyprus, I don't know why but I always like their songs
check out my page about polish communications agency http://www.all4comms.com

Return to “Music”