Tool

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Re: Tool

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 pm UTC

I think so. Lots of weird interpretations of body parts.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Deep_Thought

Postby Deep_Thought » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am UTC

Yup, that sounds like the usual stuff! The last time I saw them I wasn't amazed either, but then again that was at Wembley which has dire sound and I was half a mile from the stage. It was much more fun when I saw them at Hammersmith (much smaller venue). That time they had a big light display in the middle which was like two UFOs coming down from the ceiling and circling each other. For what felt like 30 minutes... It was good to start with, but went on way too long.

Fingers crossed that this tour is the warm up to go back into the studio. Since they last released an album Mastodon have released 3, Isis released 2 and split up, and I've managed to get a whole degree and two different jobs ;) It's almost like they compete with Trent Reznor for who can take the longest between album releases.

Annihilist

Postby Annihilist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am UTC

I'm a fan of the 90's, so AEnima is my favourite album. I cannot pick a favourite song because they don't have a bad song, however the first one I ever heard was Forty Six & 2.

Tool is the first hard rock band I ever listened to, so they are responsible for getting me into the genre. They are one of my favourite bands of all time.

Black Dynamite

Postby Black Dynamite » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 am UTC

Tool is one of my all time favorite bands. I really enjoy all of their work, and it hasn't gotten old to me. There always seems to be something more to discover in their music. I am, however, becoming weary of the Opiate EP. Mostly because my music shuffles tend to play those songs the most.

I think schism is a great song, but not their best. Same with lateralus. Lateralus as an album is amazing, though I almost feel people overlook their other albums because of how hyped it is. I greatly dislike when people hate on 10,000 Days, or when they compare it to Lateralus and say it sucks. I think Days is severely underrated and under appreciated (opinion based on conversations I've had and internet comments). All of their albums are distinctly different and comparing them is silly.

There were rumors of a new album planned for May of this year. But I haven't heard those rumors recently, and I also haven't seen any news about it. I think all Maynard did say they were in the process of making new material. I'm hoping for something new sometime this year. (Please don't crush my dreams.)
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
(She, her, hers)

hni

Postby hni » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm UTC

http://andyhky.com/overthinking.htm

In addition to what was being said about the Holy Gift.

Return to “Music”