Music Video Identification Thread

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

ofwolf42

Music Video Identification Thread

Postby ofwolf42 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:50 am UTC

This was a video i saw on mtv2 a year ago (maybe two). I remember the video perfectly but I don't remember a note or a lyric from the actual music. It's very frustrating because I remember enjoying the song but have tried everything I can to hunt it down. Every keyword I can think of has gone into google and youtube. So far I've had no luck. I have decided to post my problem on anywhere that might help. I feel you may be able to help.

So here's the video description:
A mime goes into a bank (sounds like the start to a bad joke) and uses his fingers (in the shape of a gun) to hold up a teller. The teller than takes him to the safe where he removes imaginary money and puts it in an imaginary bag. Upon leaving the bank, he's noticed by the police who chase him through some alleyways. He eventually ends up in a large open area where he comes across a little child who's dressed as a cowboy, the child "shoots" him with his fingers in the shape of a gun.
Through out the video the there are shots of the band playing with a pitch black backround. There was alot of acoustic guitar used but it never got "light".

Feel free to ask further questions. I'll try my best to help you to help me help myself....
DON'T PANIC

kaniman2
Location: Canada, North of the Border, whatever you want to call it.

Re: I need help identifying a music video

Postby kaniman2 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:37 pm UTC

If you told us what genre of music it was, that might help a bit, but seeing as this is MTV, it probably isn't anything I care about.
Hiya, I'm Kanavazk.
[(No longer) bored out of my mind...]
Spoiler:
[Well, it's better than Vista. --Meowgan]
(I DO realize that that quote was from an xkcd comic, thank you very much.)

ofwolf42

Postby ofwolf42 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 pm UTC

As I said I don't remember the music very well so genre placing may not be very accurate. It was indie-rock. Something like the Pigeon Detectives only heavier (and not annoying).
DON'T PANIC

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 am UTC

Are you sure that wasn't a Benadryl dream? If it's real, I'd like to see it.

ofwolf42

Postby ofwolf42 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am UTC

Yes, it was real. I know it's a long shot that anyone will actually remember the video at all, let alone that anyone will actually be on this site, this forum, in this section and will recognise my odd description but I'm desperate! I've tried everything I can think of short of building a time machine to travel back to a past self who would remember the video and beat the information out of him...
DON'T PANIC

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:12 pm UTC

Ha - somebody else wondered too, in nearly identical terms. I saw a similar question on Yahoo Answers but nobody had responded and Google didn't help much. Good luck.

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 pm UTC

Clumpy wrote:Ha - somebody else wondered too, in nearly identical terms. I saw a similar question on Yahoo Answers but nobody had responded and Google didn't help much. Good luck.

It's possible the originator of this thread is also the one that asked on the other sites.

Edit: Ha, it's the same username. I was right.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm UTC

1337geek wrote:
Clumpy wrote:Ha - somebody else wondered too, in nearly identical terms. I saw a similar question on Yahoo Answers but nobody had responded and Google didn't help much. Good luck.

It's possible the originator of this thread is also the one that asked on the other sites.

Edit: Ha, it's the same username. I was right.

I should have done the most basic research. Oh, well.

EDIT: Hmm, post "1111." I don't think I'll reach "11111."

ofwolf42

Postby ofwolf42 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 pm UTC

Yes. That was me... I'm very VERY desperate at this point.... It's just that it's very annoying to remember the video and not the song. Especially since I remember liking the song...
DON'T PANIC

Devilsaur

Postby Devilsaur » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:10 pm UTC

I tried to help you, but yeah, google and youtube won't turn up anything on music videos for mime, imaginary robbery, or etc.

If you have a ton of time maybe try brute forcing a database like: http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/73188 ... ogoFIptCUv

ofwolf42

Postby ofwolf42 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm UTC

Thanks for trying... It doesn't look like anyone's going to recognise it... Damn...
DON'T PANIC

Aelfyre

I have googled myself retarded please help me...

Postby Aelfyre » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:36 pm UTC

ok I saw this video one time.. maybe mTV not sure, but it was an Ozzy Osbourne video and I am almost *positive* i heard it was directed by Rob Zombie.. anyway the video was set in this winter forest type deal and there were all these young girls.. maybe 9-10 years old running around in the snow.. they were kinda gothed out.. black lipstick and what not, i guess in contrast to the white all around them and they were i dunno kinda like pixish for lack of a better word.

WTF song was that and has anyone seen the video and know where I can find it? I have googled and youtubed til i am blue in the fingers but not luck.. I *know* i saw the damn thing... any ideas?
Xanthir wrote:To be fair, even perfectly friendly antimatter wildebeests are pretty deadly.

kaniman2

Re: I have googled myself retarded please help me...

Postby kaniman2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 pm UTC

I'm looking through all his singles (plus those with Black Sabbath) on Wikipedia and YouTube right now. If you know around what time the video was released, that might help a bit, 'cause there's a crapload of singles.
Hiya, I'm Kanavazk.
Spoiler:

Aelfyre

Postby Aelfyre » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 pm UTC

kaniman2 wrote:I'm looking through all his singles (plus those with Black Sabbath) on Wikipedia and YouTube right now. If you know around what time the video was released, that might help a bit, 'cause there's a crapload of singles.

racking my brain.. i got think tis been at least 5 years ago.. maybe 5-10? best guess anyway
Xanthir wrote:To be fair, even perfectly friendly antimatter wildebeests are pretty deadly.

IggyJack

Postby IggyJack » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm UTC

I think i found it. Dreamer - Ozzy Osbourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. -Thomas Paine.
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good. -Thomas Paine.

Aelfyre

Postby Aelfyre » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:09 am UTC

IggyJack wrote:I think i found it. Dreamer - Ozzy Osbourne.

holy schnitzels that's it! thanks! :) that's been driving me crazy for weeks.. dont know why i had such a hard time finding it :oops:

InstinctSage

Postby InstinctSage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:37 am UTC

kaniman2 wrote:I'm looking through all his singles (plus those with Black Sabbath) on Wikipedia and YouTube right now. If you know around what time the video was released, that might help a bit, 'cause there's a crapload of singles.

+1 to search ability. Good line of inquiry.
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

kaniman2

Postby kaniman2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:41 am UTC

-1 because I'm too lazy to actually get through all of those singles.
Hiya, I'm Kanavazk.
Spoiler:

IggyJack

Postby IggyJack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

Aelfyre wrote:

holy schnitzels that's it! thanks! :) that's been driving me crazy for weeks.. dont know why i had such a hard time finding it :oops:
Haha, you're welcome. I actually like the song. =]
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. -Thomas Paine.
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good. -Thomas Paine.

Clumpy

Re: Music Video Identification Thread

Postby Clumpy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:56 am UTC

Aelfyre wrote:

Google still can't read our minds, unfortunately. Thankfully this particular thread tied off.

McCaber

Postby McCaber » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:25 pm UTC

So the other day I saw a Muse video where they're in a spaceship and land on a deserted planet, and it turns out to be earth. Which song was that video of?
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

Sing for Absolution off of Absolution. Pretty cool video/

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:43 pm UTC

I watched this animated music video involving all these skeletons partying in a cemetary. The DJ looked like he was the Devil but it turns out in the final moments that he's an angel. It was a techno-electro song that repeated "Let's get this party started" I think but I can't remember the title. It's driving me nuts.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

Titch

Postby Titch » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 am UTC

I can't remember the name of the band either, or even what type of music it was-but the video was about this milk carton, and his journey through the day-and he met a girl milk carton (strawberry flavoured) and she got stepped on, and I think the band were in a garage or a basement of some kind?
It was a good tune though.
Pez Dispens3r wrote:Bacon is not a vegetable.

Shro wrote:Moo, Cassi and Titch are now my ONLY friends!

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:30 am UTC

Titch wrote:I can't remember the name of the band either, or even what type of music it was-but the video was about this milk carton, and his journey through the day-and he met a girl milk carton (strawberry flavoured) and she got stepped on, and I think the band were in a garage or a basement of some kind?
It was a good tune though.

blur - coffee & tv

dude how about using google. "milk carton music video" pulls it RIGHT UP.
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

Dromtry

Postby Dromtry » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 am UTC

I saw a video on YouTube a few months ago. It was a "Beatles" song, but not one I'd ever heard. It was really staticky, and showed four guys (not the real Beatles, must have been a cover) in a mirrored room.
~steve

sje46

Postby sje46 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 am UTC

Dromtry wrote:I saw a video on YouTube a few months ago. It was a "Beatles" song, but not one I'd ever heard. It was really staticky, and showed four guys (not the real Beatles, must have been a cover) in a mirrored room.

Are you sure it was a cover, and that wasn't them really playing?

What genre is the song? Was it a love song, psychedelic, "hard"? When was it made? What was the sort of things they did in the video?
The time era is really important. The 60s is when the music video (or the precursor to it, the promo film) was invented, but they didn't make that many in general.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Alcas

Postby Alcas » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 pm UTC

Okay, not sure if anyone can help with this one, but...

A couple years ago I saw this music video for a song that was in Spanish (it might've even been Juanes, but I'm not sure). It was 2D-animated and the main character was animated as a rectangle with (I think) a mouse head? anyway, i recall a really bizarre part where the rectangle-mouse-guy has (implied, but obvious) sex with a realistically animated woman.

anybody?
"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people"

sje46

Postby sje46 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:13 am UTC

Alcas wrote:Okay, not sure if anyone can help with this one, but...

A couple years ago I saw this music video for a song that was in Spanish (it might've even been Juanes, but I'm not sure). It was 2D-animated and the main character was animated as a rectangle with (I think) a mouse head? anyway, i recall a really bizarre part where the rectangle-mouse-guy has (implied, but obvious) sex with a realistically animated woman.

anybody?

Well, holy crap, we watched that in Spanish! That was four years ago. It's a cool, trippy video. La Paga, by Juanes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWq-zVaaAh0
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Alcas

Postby Alcas » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 am UTC

Oh my god, thank you! nobody else has ever been able to find it!
glad I was right about it being Juanes :)
"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people"

Dromtry

Postby Dromtry » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:
Dromtry wrote:I saw a video on YouTube a few months ago. It was a "Beatles" song, but not one I'd ever heard. It was really staticky, and showed four guys (not the real Beatles, must have been a cover) in a mirrored room.

Are you sure it was a cover, and that wasn't them really playing?

What genre is the song? Was it a love song, psychedelic, "hard"? When was it made? What was the sort of things they did in the video?
The time era is really important. The 60s is when the music video (or the precursor to it, the promo film) was invented, but they didn't make that many in general.

Very psychedelic, I don't think any words were intelligible.
~steve

lart

Postby lart » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:35 am UTC

Here's one that I may have the answer to but have no way of confirming it. The video would have come out in the mid 90's sometimes I think. There's a girl strung up by her hands and feet, think van damme's stretch training in bloodsport, the singing is soft, but then she starts singing distorted and straining against the ropes, etc. At least that's what I remember and this happens a few times during the video. I seem to recall that it was in black and white but I can't be sure.

Now I could swear it's for Portishead - Airbus Reconstruction, but do you think I could find the video anywhere to either confirm or deny...
Lost packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3, reward $$$.

JCM

Postby JCM » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:23 am UTC

I saw a video where this large dude played a piano looking like Mozart. He also sung terribly, by the way.

eternalfrost

Postby eternalfrost » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 am UTC

does anyone know this video? its just the song played over an old vintage (70s?) video of this older couple instructional video of how to like polka dance. it was from within the last year or so. kind of an electronic sampled song...

originally saw it from a fark.com link ha

its been driving me nuts!

Sir-Taco

Postby Sir-Taco » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:31 am UTC

Does anyone know the music video of a techno-esque band as two people make a coffin-bread. Like a giant loaf of bread out of a coffin.
The world is a cold and dark place, so start fire.

ofwolf42

Postby ofwolf42 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:21 am UTC

As it turns out I am not completely insane. The video I have spent so long looking for (the one with the mime robbing the bank) does, in-fact, exist!

Ladies and gentlemen: Milburn- What will you do (when the money goes)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=14779680

P.S. - I am fully aware no cares or even remembers but after I found this video (thanks to a friend) I felt I should return to this thread and tell the milliard of onlooking people, dying of anticipation and put them out of their misery.
DON'T PANIC

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm UTC

eternalfrost wrote:does anyone know this video? its just the song played over an old vintage (70s?) video of this older couple instructional video of how to like polka dance. it was from within the last year or so. kind of an electronic sampled song...

originally saw it from a fark.com link ha

its been driving me nuts!

Slagsmalsklubben - Ovningskora comes to mind?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: controlled sonic assault Video Identification Thread

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm UTC

JCM wrote:I saw a video where this large dude played a piano looking like Mozart. He ALSO YOU GUYS: sung terribly, by the way.
... you mean Biz Markie's Just A Friend?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

mutestorm

Postby mutestorm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 am UTC

There's one video I saw where this guy takes a girl out on a date, but their car breaks down. so theyre walking, and suddenly, this dude starts morphing into a weird Wolf/Cowardly Lion/ skunk thing. HOWEVER. It's actually a movie of some sort, watched by two people on a date. So they leave, and then the dead startrising from the grave and following them, eventually surrounding them. The woman turns around, and her date has also somehow become undead! Luckily though, he dances.

Anyway, I can't remember the rest.

I think he dies in the end.

Dasboard
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Postby Dasboard » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am UTC

mutestorm wrote:There's one video I saw where this guy takes a girl out on a date, but their car breaks down. so theyre walking, and suddenly, this dude starts morphing into a weird Wolf/Cowardly Lion/ skunk thing. HOWEVER. It's actually a movie of some sort, watched by two people on a date. So they leave, and then the dead startrising from the grave and following them, eventually surrounding them. The woman turns around, and her date has also somehow become undead! Luckily though, he dances.

Anyway, I can't remember the rest.

I think he dies in the end.

Eeerrr... Micheal Jackson - Thriller? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MuUcxHATo
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

Return to “Music”