Worst song lyrics

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

H2SO4
NOCTUNICUS, LORD OF SLEEP
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby H2SO4 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 am UTC

KrazyerKate wrote:I'm not very familiar with rap music, but I'm willing to bet that anyone on this forum can find you raps about any topic. Saying all rap music is about "bitches smothered in margarine pew pew pew" because you've heard The Enema Man or 50 cent is like saying all Rock music is shallow and whiny because you've heard My Chemical Romance.

I hear Lupe Fiasco does some cool stuff, and the Black Eyed Peas were apparently really good before they went into the business of pumping out lame pop hits.

Okay, I'll revise my statement to say that mainstream rap is the worst thing to happen to real lyrics since sliced bread.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Microscopic cog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 pm UTC

Deltron 3030, a rap album by Del the Funky Homosapien ( You know, the guy from the Gorillaz' "Clint Eastwood" ) It's a dystopian concept album about the year 3030.

Deltron wrote: I'm glad I love music and life
because it's easy to see the pain and strife and end it all tonight

I'm caught in the grip of the c ity Madness (X4)


Lupe Fiasco just took a great song and kept punching it in the face until you hardly recognize it any more. Then he smeared some meaningless lyrics on it to finish his abomination. And then it got popular.

Lupe Fiasco wrote:You just lift your arms higher
Raise em till’ your arms tired


To be honest, I took the worst lyrics from the song, overall the lyrics are cheesy but not that bad.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm UTC

Microscopic cog wrote:Del the Funky Homosapien ( You know, the guy from the Gorillaz' "Clint Eastwood" ( It's a dystopian concept album about the year 3030.

Off topic, but I love finding people that know about Del the Funky Homosapien. His song, if you must, is very inspiring to hear when you wash up in the bathroom.

In an attempt to stay on topic, do I have to mention Rebecca Black, or does that go without saying?

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Microscopic cog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 pm UTC

I love finding out that people like cool music. It makes me like them so much more. :P And yea, most of his stuff is pretty great, I love how he has worked with so many other artists.

Then again, most people in the rap ( and black metal )world work with each other.

And yea, I don't think we need to cover that.

And in other news:
Katy Perry & Kanye West wrote:First, imma disrobe you
then imma probe you"
Last edited by Microscopic cog on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Midnight » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 pm UTC

Microscopic cog wrote:Deltron 3030, a rap album by Del the Funky Homosapien ( You know, the guy from the Gorillaz' "Clint Eastwood" ) It's a dystopian concept album about the year 3030.

Deltron wrote: I'm glad I love music and life
because it's easy to see the pain and strife and end it all tonight

I'm caught in the grip o' the c ity Madness (X4)


Why is Deltron 3030 in the WORST lyrics? Shit's dope.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 am UTC

I think it may have been in support of KrazyKate's assertion.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Microscopic cog » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:19 am UTC

Yea, I tried giving an example of
rap that had any real meaning. Rhymes are cool and all, but I'd rather have music that didn't rhyme and was deep than some guy spewing stupid lyrics just so he can rhyme.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
KrazyerKate
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby KrazyerKate » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm UTC

Immortal Technique has pretty dark lyrics that try to have a message. You could check him out too.

But that's good lyrics. For bad lyrics, I'd like to submit any song that rhymes "city" and "pretty" if I haven't done that before. Hey There Delilah and Paradise City come to mind. I dunno why that rhyme makes me cringe so much, but it does, especially when it's repeated ad nauseum like in Paradise City.

Also annoying is when songs repeatedly follow this formula for the chorus:

cram-a-bunch-of-words-into-the-first-line-and-leading-to-the [beat] SONG TITLE
cram-a-bunch-of-other-words-in-the-second-line-and-leading-to-the [beat] SONG TITLE
Lady GaGa wrote:I'm-your-biggest-fan-I'll-follow-you-until-you-love-me [beat] papa-PAPARAZZI
baby-there's-no-other-superstar-you-know-that-I'll-be [beat] papa-PAPARAZZI

or alternatively
Lady GaGa wrote:call-all-you-want-but-there's-no-one-home-and-you're-not-gonna-reach [my] TELEPHONE
out-in-the-club-and-i'm-sippin-that-bubb-and-you're-not-gonna-reach [my] TELEPHONE

achan1058
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby achan1058 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 am UTC

That Rebecca Black Friday song. It is so freaking bad that the "4 gate" parody has better lyrics than it does.

zmatt
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby zmatt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 am UTC

any song that has the line "break me down". How over used is that one?
clockworkmonk wrote:Except for Warren G. Harding. Fuck that guy.

User avatar
KrazyerKate
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby KrazyerKate » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 pm UTC

achan1058 wrote:That Rebecca Black Friday song. It is so freaking bad that the "4 gate" parody has better lyrics than it does.


you seem to be misunderstanding why the song is famous.

"ugh, I can't stand Rick Astley. Why do people keep linking me to this video?"

equivocating ostrich
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby equivocating ostrich » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 pm UTC

rebecca black has the most mindless drivel in her song.

"yesterday was thursday" (yes, well established) "today it is friday" (yes, it must be because yesterday was thursday) " we we we so excited, we so excited" i mean, come on. there is absolutely no reason for counting off consecutive days of the week. this brilliant knowledge can only be known by the elite few; the knowledge that friday comes after thursday. only those with the iq of above 2 can know this, and rebecca black doesn't know many people like this.

plus, what is "we we we so excited" that, is appalling grammar and blatant repetition because of lack of imagination and, i would guess, sheer stupidity.

achan1058
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby achan1058 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 am UTC

KrazyerKate wrote:
achan1058 wrote:That Rebecca Black Friday song. It is so freaking bad that the "4 gate" parody has better lyrics than it does.


you seem to be misunderstanding why the song is famous.

"ugh, I can't stand Rick Astley. Why do people keep linking me to this video?"
Yes, I am fully aware that it is annoying and hard to get out of your head, and functions well as a trolling device, but that does not make its lyrics (or the song for that matter) any good.

zmatt
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby zmatt » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm UTC

equivocating ostrich wrote:rebecca black has the most mindless drivel in her song.

"yesterday was thursday" (yes, well established) "today it is friday" (yes, it must be because yesterday was thursday) " we we we so excited, we so excited" i mean, come on. there is absolutely no reason for counting off consecutive days of the week. this brilliant knowledge can only be known by the elite few; the knowledge that friday comes after thursday. only those with the iq of above 2 can know this, and rebecca black doesn't know many people like this.

plus, what is "we we we so excited" that, is appalling grammar and blatant repetition because of lack of imagination and, i would guess, sheer stupidity.


this made me laugh at inappropriately loud levels.
clockworkmonk wrote:Except for Warren G. Harding. Fuck that guy.

equivocating ostrich
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby equivocating ostrich » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:10 pm UTC

zmatt wrote:
equivocating ostrich wrote:rebecca black has the most mindless drivel in her song.

"yesterday was thursday" (yes, well established) "today it is friday" (yes, it must be because yesterday was thursday) " we we we so excited, we so excited" i mean, come on. there is absolutely no reason for counting off consecutive days of the week. this brilliant knowledge can only be known by the elite few; the knowledge that friday comes after thursday. only those with the iq of above 2 can know this, and rebecca black doesn't know many people like this.

plus, what is "we we we so excited" that, is appalling grammar and blatant repetition because of lack of imagination and, i would guess, sheer stupidity.


this made me laugh at inappropriately loud levels.

why thankyou
Image

User avatar
SirMustapha
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:07 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby SirMustapha » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm UTC

I'm usually not bothered by irrelevant or redundant things in song lyrics, but not when it seems to treat the listeners as morons. "Yesterday it was Thursday, today it is Friday" makes you think, why, wasn't there anything better to write?

As for "we so excited", isn't that some sort of regional thing? Bob Marley sing like dat and I an' I no complain, bra, but it sounds awful when it's phony.

Kangaroo
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Kangaroo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 pm UTC

Now, what y'all don't understand is how profound Friday really is!

achan1058
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby achan1058 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:31 am UTC

Kangaroo wrote:Now, what y'all don't understand is how profound Friday really is!
I will rather listen to a song that teaches me how to do 4 warpgate, even if it is sung in the same melody, thank you.

Seriously, is that post meant to be a parody of the over analysis that is done by certain literary schools and post modernism?

H2SO4
NOCTUNICUS, LORD OF SLEEP
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby H2SO4 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 am UTC

achan1058 wrote:
Kangaroo wrote:Seriously, is that post meant to be a parody of the over analysis that is done by certain literary schools and post modernism?

No. That post is meant to be 4chan being 4chan.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Giant Speck » Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 pm UTC

This annoys me because it's from a band I actually really like:

Wanting all we left behind
Like it's the answer
An hour glass we can't rewind
Holding back the life that I've been at for so long
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Sir_Elderberry
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon May 23, 2011 2:41 am UTC

Let's be fair to Rebecca Black. There's nothing of her in that song; her mother paid a company to make her a music video, including writing the song. She's really kind of the victim here.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

jcelia
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:46 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby jcelia » Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 pm UTC

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'll throw out the old "She loves her lovin' things." Love Journey, but what is that even supposed to mean?

User avatar
cjmcjmcjmcjm
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 am UTC
Location: Anywhere the internet is strong

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Wed May 25, 2011 4:09 am UTC

Something by one of the wrappers* signed to Turquoise Jeep Records

* misspelling intentional
frezik wrote:Anti-photons move at the speed of dark

DemonDeluxe wrote:Paying to have laws written that allow you to do what you want, is a lot cheaper than paying off the judge every time you want to get away with something shady.

User avatar
Phill
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm UTC
Location: Colchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Phill » Thu May 26, 2011 12:12 pm UTC

I was reminded of one song which always grates on my slightly when I hear it. Not exactly a worst lyric but annoying:

"Yes, there's love if you want it
Don't sound like no sonnet"
(from Sonnet by The Verve)

Rhyming 'sonnet' and 'want it' always gets to me a bit! Shame as I like the song otherwise.

Czhorat
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Czhorat » Thu May 26, 2011 2:41 pm UTC

Sorry if this was said already, but my "worst song lyric" would be from Band Aid's "Feed the World".

In addition to assuming that everyone in Africa wants to celebrate the Christian winter holiday, there's this verse. Last line sung by Bono, who should have known better.

But say a prayer
Pray for the other ones
At Christmastime it's hard
But when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there
Are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them
Instead of you


Thank God it's them instead of you? Can you think of a worse possible sentiment?

IcedT
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby IcedT » Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm UTC

This may have been said before, but

You're so vain,
you probably think this song is about you
you're so vain

...huh?

User avatar
TheChewanater
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 am UTC
Location: lol why am I still wearing a Santa suit?

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby TheChewanater » Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 pm UTC

My Jeans hasn't been mentioned?

The whole song is boring and repetitive, but this brief rap part is really just terrible.

Oh my, look at those jeans. They should be posted in magazines.
Matter of fact, let me get my phone, you can strike a pose.
Smile for the camera; freeze!
What? Trig bought a new Blackberry?
What? Trig bought a new Blackberry?
What? Trig bought a new Blackberry?
Ah, just take the picture already!
Sorry, I was stuck in a daydream when I bought those jeans
With my new ice creams and I looked so good when I hit the scene
So fresh, so clean, all eyes on me, then I turned on my T.V.
What do I see? The Black Eyed Peas and Jay Z?
I just can’t believe they wore they jeans like me.
ImageImage
http://internetometer.com/give/4279
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Роберт » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:29 pm UTC

IcedT wrote:This may have been said before, but

You're so vain,
you probably think this song is about you
you're so vain

...huh?

What's wrong with this?
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

IcedT
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby IcedT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:
IcedT wrote:This may have been said before, but

You're so vain,
you probably think this song is about you
you're so vain

...huh?

What's wrong with this?

Because the song is about whoever it's about. She's singing "you're so full of yourself, I bet you're listening to this song about you thinking it's about you!" It's stupid.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby phlip » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 pm UTC

Well, yeah... I thought that was kinda the point...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Роберт » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 pm UTC

IcedT wrote:Because the song is about whoever it's about. She's singing "you're so full of yourself, I bet you're listening to this song about you thinking it's about you!" It's stupid.

Ummm... if you think it's stupid, that's fine, but if you think it was unintentional, well, I'll just put it this way: it's not the song that's stupid.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

IcedT
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby IcedT » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:04 am UTC

Роберт wrote:
IcedT wrote:Because the song is about whoever it's about. She's singing "you're so full of yourself, I bet you're listening to this song about you thinking it's about you!" It's stupid.

Ummm... if you think it's stupid, that's fine, but if you think it was unintentional, well, I'll just put it this way: it's not the song that's stupid.

Redundant lyric is redundant. That's all I'm saying.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 am UTC

I like this explanation from the Wikipedia talk page for the song:

The verses are about a long-lost lover, but the singer pauses to sing the chorus to their bemused - and vain - pet cat who thinks the song is about *him* ?
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

IcedT
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby IcedT » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I like this explanation from the Wikipedia talk page for the song:

The verses are about a long-lost lover, but the singer pauses to sing the chorus to their bemused - and vain - pet cat who thinks the song is about *him* ?

Yeah I'm gonna be honest, I only know the chorus. If this is the case I guess I retract my bad lyrics nomination.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby ConMan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:27 am UTC

"Without You", by Blue

I couldn't live without my cellphone,
I couldn't live without my four by four,
I couldn't live without my credit card,
I couldn't live without you.


While I'm open to the possibility that they're being ironic or making fun of materialistic culture or something, I'm pretty sure it's a standard love song with the message "Hey girl, guess what? You're about as important to me as my other possessions. Yes, other possessions."
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Microscopic cog » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 pm UTC

I wasn't really convinced of it being a regular lovesong, I mean who the hell writes something like that? Anyway, I looked up the rest of the lyrics, which pretty much seconded what you said. In a last desperate attemp I also checked out the music to the lyrics and it turned out to be a superficial lovesong by a boy band with a simple beat and some synths.

Oh well... at least they probably don't write their own lyrics or music.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
Goatboy
may become less boring.
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Goatboy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 pm UTC

I used to work at a restaurant. Sometimes the radio in the kitchen would be on a station that sometimes plays Bon Jovi songs. Pretty much every time one would come on, if I caught any lyrics, I would think to myself, "Why would you say that out loud?" After that I'd shrug the lyrics off, because I don't want to carry that around with me, so I can't really offer any examples. But the song "It's My Life" might've been somewhat relevant back when Bon Jovi was a young band, and we could accept them writing songs from a whiny adolescent perspective. But that was Bon Jovi's comeback song. Instead of coming across as "We're old, but we still rock" it comes across as "We're old, but we're still whiny bitches!"
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

IcedT
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby IcedT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:34 am UTC

Goatboy wrote:I used to work at a restaurant. Sometimes the radio in the kitchen would be on a station that sometimes plays Bon Jovi songs. Pretty much every time one would come on, if I caught any lyrics, I would think to myself, "Why would you say that out loud?" After that I'd shrug the lyrics off, because I don't want to carry that around with me, so I can't really offer any examples. But the song "It's My Life" might've been somewhat relevant back when Bon Jovi was a young band, and we could accept them writing songs from a whiny adolescent perspective. But that was Bon Jovi's comeback song. Instead of coming across as "We're old, but we still rock" it comes across as "We're old, but we're still whiny bitches!"

And then they did another comeback song, "Have A Nice Day," which was basically "It's My Life" except worse.

User avatar
Goatboy
may become less boring.
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Goatboy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:02 am UTC

That's the other song! I knew there was one after "It's My Life" but didn't feel like thinking about it.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

User avatar
Sir_Elderberry
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Contact:

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 pm UTC

I thought this thread might enjoy this. Top Ten lyrics by The National that would sound terrible sung by anyone else.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests