It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Aleril
Le Rail

Ra Ra Riot

Postby Aleril » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:16 am UTC

Ra+Ra+Riot+rarariot.jpg
Ra+Ra+Riot+rarariot.jpg (40.56 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

For the last month or so I have been listening to their album "The Orchard" non-stop. I love the violin and cello work in it especially, it sounds very natural and not forced and gimmicky. I started listening to them originally because they are part of a large festival I am going to on the 16th and 17th along with about 20 other bands I had never listened to, but I got addicted to them along the way.

Some samples:

- Boys
- Dying is Fine
- Too Dramatic (Live)
- Foolish (Live)

Anyone else out there listen to them?

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Re: Ra Ra Riot

Postby Jesse » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am UTC

I listen to the Rhumb Line quite a bit. It's easygoing and happy, similar to Vampire Weekend in vocal style, but I'm dead into the strings.

thedavidshot

Postby thedavidshot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:05 pm UTC

Jesse wrote:I listen to the Rhumb Line quite a bit. It's easygoing and happy, similar to Vampire Weekend in vocal style, but I'm dead into the strings.

Any hip member of society with a dece taste in music will tell you Ra Ra Riot sounds nothing like VW!
</snob>

Quartzee

Postby Quartzee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 am UTC

Wow. I am impressed that you guys have heard and enjoy Ra Ra Riot. It seems that I'm the only one who listens to them among my friends. I'm extremely happy I found some others who like them. The Orchard is a great album, hopefully you guys bought (or downloaded :twisted: ) the bonus version and got the music video for boy and the bonus track. Keep on rocking RRR!

Return to “Music”