DJ NTD - Freaking Saxophone (House Music)

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Hooch

DJ NTD - Freaking Saxophone (House Music)

Postby Hooch » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIgvgqw742o

Video description:
Spoiler:
Isn't production hell wonderful?

Me, Matthew, and CJ Vines have actually been planning to put songs together since 2009. However, groups, especially EDM groups, are hard to manage. Other projects, school, procrastination, equipment -- it takes a lot of work.

So, in the end, only Matthew was able to send in a recording before release, and it wasn't executed in what I'd call the perfect playing environment. I don't blame him, though. Getting sugar-sweet recordings is hard work, and he sent in multiple takes. It was fun working with him, and I hope to have more projects with both him and CJ.

Until then, here's Freaking Saxophone. I have more funk/fusion songs planned, so stay tuned.

Before anyone asks, there is nothing I can do about the saxophone audio. I've done the best I can to filter out the bad and bring out the good.

Other than that, I'll mention anything as I think about it.
Last edited by Hooch on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
LOVE ME
djntd.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/user/DJNTDOfficial

Роберт

Re: DJ NTD - Freaking Saxophone (House Music)

Postby Роберт » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm UTC

Hooch wrote:Before anyone asks, there is nothing I can do about the saxophone audio. I've done the best I can to filter out the good and bring out the bad.

Umm... why do you want to do that? Anyway, I think you left some of the good in. And I think there's some bad that you didn't emphasize well. I'm sure you can make it more horrible.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

Hooch

Postby Hooch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:
Hooch wrote:Before anyone asks, there is nothing I can do about the saxophone audio. I've done the best I can to filter out the good and bring out the bad.

Umm... why do you want to do that? Anyway, I think you left some of the good in. And I think there's some bad that you didn't emphasize well. I'm sure you can make it more horrible.

MULLIGAN! Edited. So did you enjoy the song?

("Mulligan" actually goes somewhat well with my avatar.)
LOVE ME
djntd.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/user/DJNTDOfficial

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:35 pm UTC

Not really, but there's very little house that I like, so I doubt it's the song's fault. Although if it was remixed to not start with the repetitive percussion loops, I would probably like it better. There are certainly parts in the middle that are really nice. They would of course be even better with better quality saxophone, but it still sounds good as is.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

Return to “Music”