This man is not only talented, but also beautiful.

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

fənɑlədʒɪst

This man is not only talented, but also beautiful.

Postby fənɑlədʒɪst » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 pm UTC

This is my favorite cover by Jhameel. You guys should check out his music, because he has originals too. I believe he offers free downloads of his album. I first discovered him on Reddit.

zmatt

Re: This man is not only talented, but also beautiful.

Postby zmatt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 am UTC

eh he is kinda on the girly side imo. but if you are in to that then cool.
clockworkmonk wrote:Except for Warren G. Harding. Fuck that guy.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 am UTC

I like The Knife and that wasn't a bad cover. He has a funky voice. Plus he looks cool.
Ⓞⓞ◯

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 am UTC

The videos you linked were ... joyful to watch, really. I don't think I want to listen to an album of his music, but I'm glad there's someone like this out there doing things like that.

Mostly, I look forward to seeing how this fellow's creativity evolves over the next decade or two. He seems to have many of the ingredients I like in an artist. The only prominent one he's missing is depth of experience, musically and otherwise, and that can't help but change with time.

/says the old fart with a probably-unhealthy fascination with Joni Mitchell and Björk
//and yes, I had to type about twenty ascii characters to find the ö
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (14 Jan 1875-1965)

fənɑlədʒɪst

Postby fənɑlədʒɪst » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 am UTC

zmatt wrote:eh he is kinda on the girly side imo. but if you are in to that then cool.

It's not that I'm "into that," but I'll admit that when I first saw him in "How Many Lovers" I thought, "Wow... she's gorgeous..." and then about 2 minutes later I went, "Wait a second... hmmm." So I've come to the conclusion that he's just beautiful. I don't care if he's a guy, heh.

Return to “Music”