Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Glmclain

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

Postby Glmclain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 am UTC

I started listening to these guys around March of last year, and I'm totally in love. They're my favorite rap group at the moment, it's like a breath of fresh air.

Just when rap started getting boring for me too! <3

Here are some highlights, the first two Yonkers and Earl are my all time favorites.

Yonkers by Tyler, The Creator (their de facto leader)
Earl by Earl Sweatshirt (Tyler's little brother, 15 at the time the video was made)
Sandwitches, performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live (much to the shock and chagrin of the audience)

The opening verse of Earl is one of my all time favorites at the moment

I'm a hot and bothered astronaut/ crashing while jacking off/ to bufferin' vids of Asher Roth eatin' apple sauce/ Sent to Earth to poke Catholics in the ass with saws/ and knock blunt ashes into their caskets and laugh it off.

So, yeah. Love em', hate em', it all goes here.
You Samoans are all the same! You have no faith in the essential decency of the white man's culture!

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Re: Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

Postby Microscopic cog » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 am UTC

Not sure, I read an interview with these guys and they seemed pretty cool but when I watched their performance at Lowlands I wasn't impressed :|

Then again, I haven't actually listened to any of their studio records so I should do that first.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

Return to “Music”