Song Identification!

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Divra
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Divra » Thu May 10, 2012 11:54 am UTC

Adam H wrote:I spent some time with some norwegians this past week. They listened to a band that I thought was pretty awesome, but I didn't get the right name (or something).

They were pretty poppy - very well produced. The sound was a really interesting mix of everything - folk/reggae/dance/rock. The iphone it was playing from said the band was "hot maestro" (i thought), and the norwegians said they were swedish (they sang in english), and there were "something like 15 members in the band".

Any clues? I assumed they were popular (good, but pretty standard pop), but "hot maestro" doesn't give any google hits so I guess that name is wrong.

So close, Hoffmaestro!

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

A jailhouse blues/R&B song. 12-bar blues. The guy sounds a little like Screamin' Jay Hawkins without the gruffness and lip-flobbling, and the song is almost identical to Riot in Cell Block #9


Sitting in my cell looking through the bars
At all the convicts in the prison yard
It won't be long 'til me and my friend Snake
Get ready to make our prison break

Now run, run real fast.

At 12 o'clock sharp the guard comes by
That's when I let out my crazy cry
"My stomach hurts, man I'm sick"
He opens the door, "Snake, let's flip"

Now run, run real fast.

The warden told me when I first got in
"If you can be cool, daddy, we can all be friends"
But I started riots, and now I'm in flight
So without further hesitations, I will make my flight(?)

Now run, run real fast

My friend Snake says "have no fear,
"Everything's cool, 'cause the coast is clear"

Now run, run real fast


Any help?
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Microscopic cog » Mon May 14, 2012 8:40 pm UTC

Richard Berry & The Dreamers - The Big Break

Not an expert, but lucky googling results. ( "Run, run real fast" used as search term. )
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 14, 2012 8:48 pm UTC

Sruixan wrote:Right, I don't suppose anyone here might happen to be able to identify the bit of music playing here? I had a go with Shazam, but that bore no fruit, and now the damned thing's become an earworm I'm itching to know what it is... hilariously enough, the comments are filled with people asking for identifications of music at other points in the programme, bar this one section. Thanks in advance.

"Upsetters" (Lemay/Boisson, 2003) - You can listen to Jean Christophe-Lemay's pretty-much-everything at deepsound.net. I think you'll like a lot of his stuff. It's brilliant for ambience in films. Should I ever make a fillum, he's the first guy I'd go to.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 14, 2012 8:50 pm UTC

Microscopic cog wrote:Richard Berry & The Dreamers - The Big Break

Not an expert, but lucky googling results. ( "Run, run real fast" used as search term. )

Nice. Thanks! My Google-fu was clearly not up to scratch. "run run real fast" only yields 100 pages of "The Leftovers".

Obviously, I meant doo-wop in my description. This version actually has the backing singers, which makes the rather short chorus make a lot more sense.

"Down the hole,
Through the wall,
Through the grass:
Now run, run real fast"
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Microscopic cog » Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm UTC

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotation marks to search for exact results, not just results containing those words, since the lyrics in The Leftovers' song are a little bit different.

Anyway, enjoy!
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 pm UTC

heh. Just looked through my web search history, and I searched for every damn line in quotation marks including "now run, run real fast" but because the first result had a bunch of lyrics I didn't know before it, I just passed right over it.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5159
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 pm UTC

Sam Knight wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qil1J79xoeA

Woo!. (OST - "Valves" - you can download it from the album Progressive Dancefloor here. )

Sadly, you don't look as though you've been 'round lately. Still. You might stumble across the answer if you never found it?
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Sruixan
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm UTC
Location: seaside or spires

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Sruixan » Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 am UTC

Felstaff wrote:
Sruixan wrote:Right, I don't suppose anyone here might happen to be able to identify the bit of music playing here? I had a go with Shazam, but that bore no fruit, and now the damned thing's become an earworm I'm itching to know what it is... hilariously enough, the comments are filled with people asking for identifications of music at other points in the programme, bar this one section. Thanks in advance.

"Upsetters" (Lemay/Boisson, 2003) - You can listen to Jean Christophe-Lemay's pretty-much-everything at deepsound.net. I think you'll like a lot of his stuff. It's brilliant for ambience in films. Should I ever make a fillum, he's the first guy I'd go to.

Aha! That's absolutely fantastic, thanks! I've been listening to some more of his stuff this morning and you're right, it is right up my street. Thanks again.
This is, er, no offense but you are a robot, aren't you?
That's just, um, beautiful, beautiful beautiful... just beautiful.
One hot summer's night Lorraine said: "It's time for you to see the lighthouse"
Dr. Ivanovich, was it really necessary?

User avatar
jobriath
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm UTC
Location: North of England

Re: Song Identification!

Postby jobriath » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm UTC

Here's a tough one. I remember a snatch of vocals, and I think the lyrics were "here I am / here I am". The music was bare, and the tempo was very slow. I think I remember a synth bass drone. The female/androgenous singer was reverbed somehow, and sang in a very ornamented fashion (lots of ups and downs on a single, stretched-out word). Hypercompetent, like Bjork, or Enya, though I know it wasn't the former and can't tell with the latter.

If this isn't enough for the psychics out there I can sing what I remember and post a clip, later.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Microscopic cog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:27 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtYh5X1cc0 is the closest I got. Daniel Amos - Doppelganger.

has the old fashioned singing, repetition, and is kind of minimal. Not really getting a bjork/enya vibe but oh well. Worth a shot.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
jobriath
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm UTC
Location: North of England

Re: Song Identification!

Postby jobriath » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 pm UTC

That's a good song, but not the one I'm after. Thanks for trying, though :) Turns out there are approx. three billion songs that contain the lyrics "here I am".

For the record, this is far less ponderous than the song I'm thinking of. Also massively more upbeat.

Edit: Attached vocal snatch. The real thing is probably higher, but still sounds like the low end of the singer's range. Pardon the format.
Attachments
here-I-am.zip
zipped wav is mp3, right?
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 189 times

Sinus23
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:49 am UTC
Location: Iceland

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Sinus23 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 pm UTC

jobriath wrote:Here's a tough one. I remember a snatch of vocals, and I think the lyrics were "here I am / here I am". The music was bare, and the tempo was very slow. I think I remember a synth bass drone. The female/androgenous singer was reverbed somehow, and sang in a very ornamented fashion (lots of ups and downs on a single, stretched-out word). Hypercompetent, like Bjork, or Enya, though I know it wasn't the former and can't tell with the latter.

If this isn't enough for the psychics out there I can sing what I remember and post a clip, later.


Could it be "Song to the siren - This Mortal coil" ?

Sorry can´t post links yet.

User avatar
jobriath
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm UTC
Location: North of England

Re: Song Identification!

Postby jobriath » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 am UTC

Sinus23 wrote:Could it be "Song to the siren - This Mortal coil" ?

Sorry can´t post links yet.

That's it! Thank you very much!

Sinus23
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:49 am UTC
Location: Iceland

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Sinus23 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm UTC

No problem :)

Patrik3
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Patrik3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 pm UTC

Wow, this looks like the best topic ever when Google doesn't give me the stuff I need...

I got one now, too! It's not really a song, but that soundbite that always plays in a movie or a funny clip where something strange has happened and the camera focuses in on the two people looking confused/surprised/etc. Sort of:

WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO

DUH DEE DUH DAH DUHHHHH

...

Is there a name for it?

User avatar
Vanguard
Posts: 807
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:52 pm UTC
Location: Away from you

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Vanguard » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

Hey peeps.
I heard this song on the radio and I remember seeing it on youtube.
It's a dubstep song, and a guy (I think he had a beard but it's been a while) sings pretty normally (and wonderfully) for the first part. I think he did a music video, but I forget the contents.

I tried the radio's website but the playlist only goes back like 3 hours, and I heard it last night.

Edit: Found it, though my finger hurts from so much Youtube history scrolling.
Image

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Song Identification!

Postby 3fj » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm UTC

Patrik3 wrote:Wow, this looks like the best topic ever when Google doesn't give me the stuff I need...

I got one now, too! It's not really a song, but that soundbite that always plays in a movie or a funny clip where something strange has happened and the camera focuses in on the two people looking confused/surprised/etc. Sort of:

WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO
WEEEE WOOOOOO

DUH DEE DUH DAH DUHHHHH

...

Is there a name for it?

It's the opening to TV's Ironside remastered for the film. It's very literally called "Ironside".

(FYI, you missed out a DAH :P)
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
Sam Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:30 am UTC
Location: A fighter jet made of BICEPS!

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Sam Knight » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am UTC

Felstaff wrote:
Sam Knight wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qil1J79xoeA

Woo!. (OST - "Valves" - you can download it from the album Progressive Dancefloor here. )

Sadly, you don't look as though you've been 'round lately. Still. You might stumble across the answer if you never found it?

Ah!!! Yes Shazam ended up finding it after like the 10th try! Thanks though, I'd upvote you or whatever if I could :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Song Identification!

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 am UTC

Ok, I heard a song on the radio on Thanksgiving and the only way I can describe it is that it sounds like Panic at the Disco with screaming. I can't remember anything else about it. Probably will be able to identify the artist if you start naming them. Thanks.

EDIT: I found it. Falling in Reverse - Pick Up the Phone.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
free-bee
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm UTC
Location: London, KY

Re: Song Identification!

Postby free-bee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

Here's one for ya. I was in a gas station the other day and a song was playing on their radio. The only thing from it I can remember was the bass was doing staccato most of the time. When it was done playing, they told the band name: Love and Theft. I looked on YouTube for it, but it only brought up very few different results (I was using an iPod).
my sister wrote:[the sun] can go to Hell and brighten that place up a while.

User avatar
Thadlerian
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 pm UTC
Location: Norway

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Thadlerian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 am UTC

Looking for some sort of tune that's been playing a lot recently. It has the intro of Lou Reed's "Walk on the wild side", but I don't think the lyrics are included. More like it keeps building on the theme.

jdc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby jdc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

Thadlerian wrote:Looking for some sort of tune that be been playing a lot recently. It hath the intro of Lou Reed's "Walk on the wild side", but I don't reckon the lyrics be included. More like it keeps building on the theme.

Does this help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on_th ... references ?

There's also some tunes inspired by WOTWS that aren't mentioned in the wiki. Like Can I kick it
Bumbling charlatan

User avatar
EchoRomulus
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby EchoRomulus » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

There is this song by The Who that I liked....

But I don't remember the title or any of the lyrics.

What I DO remember is the music-video of the young who members breaking into a bank and instead of money, the vault was filled with pies. They sat there eating until the copper came.
"In here life is beautiful." --Cabaret

User avatar
EvilDuckie
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:29 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Song Identification!

Postby EvilDuckie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:31 am UTC

EchoRomulus wrote:There is this song by The Who that I liked....

But I don't remember the title or any of the lyrics.

What I DO remember is the music-video of the young who members breaking into a bank and instead of money, the vault was filled with pies. They sat there eating until the copper came.


It's Happy Jack
Quack!

User avatar
EchoRomulus
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby EchoRomulus » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

EvilDuckie wrote:
EchoRomulus wrote:There is this song by The Who that I liked....

But I don't remember the title or any of the lyrics.

What I DO remember is the music-video of the young who members breaking into a bank and instead of money, the vault was filled with pies. They sat there eating until the copper came.


It's Happy Jack


Danke sehr.
"In here life is beautiful." --Cabaret

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 am UTC

I'm going to submit what I suspect will be a bit of a challenge.

I'm not sure how many of you know the cartoon "Ed, Edd n' Eddy"

Anyways, there's a song that plays at the end of this one cartoon. I found a link to that piece of the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiIP4drTcKQ

(Music starts 10 seconds in)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this song is. I've been looking for it in original form for a while.

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Song Identification!

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

http://youtu.be/zDJIXRFQ2iY

I'm fairly certain I've heard that beginning part ("Rude boy, gangsta, killa ...") somewhere before, but I can't figure it out at all. Thanks.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Song Identification!

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 pm UTC

Back on the forums for a little bit, as I'm looking one up for a friend, but I can't seem to find it.

Year of production: 2013(I'm pretty sure, maybe 2012)
Genre: Math rock / progressive rock
Instruments: Mainly piano, some string instrument with lower noises
Album cover: Red + White, something looking like a garden
Length: 4ish minutes
Where I found it: It was linked somewhere at the bottom of a QC post, with a text along the lines of "if you are at all interested in math rock / prog rock / new indie, check this album out!"

I also know that it's on youtube, yet not in one part, and there's a review of it by some 12 year old boy, video's about 10 minutes long.

I'm not entirely sure about all these characteristics, so I listed as many of them as possible, so if something does not fit one, but fits all others, please mention <3

User avatar
free-bee
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm UTC
Location: London, KY

Re: Song Identification!

Postby free-bee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:I'm going to submit what I suspect will be a bit of a challenge.

I'm not sure how many of you know the cartoon "Ed, Edd n' Eddy"

Anyways, there's a song that plays at the end of this one cartoon. I found a link to that piece of the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiIP4drTcKQ

(Music starts 10 seconds in)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this song is. I've been looking for it in original form for a while.

Someone in the comments shouted Elton John for some reason. They never told why... Have you managed to find the ending credits? I suspect that that's the only place to get an answer if it exists.
my sister wrote:[the sun] can go to Hell and brighten that place up a while.

gordinho
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby gordinho » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:35 pm UTC

heres a hard one... i think this song was played pretty often maybe about 10 years or so ago? maybe a little more? its rap, and the only part i can remember is a part of the beat that was a series of 'clicks' that progressed downward from higher pitch to lower pitch (even tempo i think).

is that vague enough?? lol

gordinho
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby gordinho » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

hey guys.. need help with a song. all i can remember is that this was a rap song from about 10, maybe a few more years ago. it was pretty well played on the radio /in clubs from what i can remember. the only part of the song was part of the beat - it was a series of clicks, almost like the sound you get when you click your tongue against the roof of your mouth or when you 'tsk tsk'. the clicks started high pitch and progressed downward.. i think it was even tempo..

that vague enough??

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Song Identification!

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Back on the forums for a little bit, as I'm looking one up for a friend, but I can't seem to find it.

Year of production: 2013(I'm pretty sure, maybe 2012)
Genre: Math rock / progressive rock
Instruments: Mainly piano, some string instrument with lower noises
Album cover: Red + White, something looking like a garden
Length: 4ish minutes
Where I found it: It was linked somewhere at the bottom of a QC post, with a text along the lines of "if you are at all interested in math rock / prog rock / new indie, check this album out!"

I also know that it's on youtube, yet not in one part, and there's a review of it by some 12 year old boy, video's about 10 minutes long.

I'm not entirely sure about all these characteristics, so I listed as many of them as possible, so if something does not fit one, but fits all others, please mention <3



Found it in my history, by complete accident! Scale The Summit - Atlas Novus was what I was looking for, and roughly half the characteristics turned out to be correct.

User avatar
drego642
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 am UTC
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Song Identification!

Postby drego642 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 am UTC

Okay, it's 5 a.m., I can't sleep and by now the passing curiosity of an hour ago has steadily built up to a raging frustration. I need to know what this stupid song is.

It's vague, I'm sorry, but here's what I've got:
I heard it on the radio today, on either a pop or alt-rock station (it didn't sound like something you'd hear on either, to be fair) and I'm pretty sure whichever station it was plays mostly modern songs. Plus, I've only heard it once before (I think earlier this year), so I assume it's fairly recent.
The only part I specifically remember is the chorus, and the only thing I specifically remember about the chorus was a loop of a girl singing a weird 2-bar figure (it sounded out of place, like it was sampled from a different song or something else) in 'na-na-na's or 'la-la-la's or something like that (I have the rhythm and pitch relationships stuck in my head, so if it would be of any help, I can be more specific) and those 2 bars were repeated in the background throughout the whole chorus, while the vocalist/s was/were singing. It's a shame I don't remember the actual chorus, because I remember it being really catchy...
It was a simple 4/4 song with no noticeable syncopation - from the one part I remember, at least. A good ballpark would probably be around 120 bpm, though it could well have been above or below that.

EDIT: I just remembered a singe line from the lyrics and found it.
Last edited by drego642 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
somehow
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby somehow » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:12 pm UTC

It's not particularly likely that I'll know it, but I think you'll have better luck with finding someone who does if you post whatever you've got about the rhythm and pitch relationships of the "na-na-na" loop.
Xenomortis wrote:O(n2) takes on new meaning when trying to find pairs of socks in the morning.

User avatar
drego642
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 am UTC
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Song Identification!

Postby drego642 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 pm UTC

I wasn't sure exactly how I'd do that in a forum post. I probably would have tried to, but it doesn't matter anyway: I just found it.

User avatar
free-bee
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm UTC
Location: London, KY

Re: Song Identification!

Postby free-bee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm UTC

This one is a toughie, but I'll try to explain it the best I can. It's a rock song. I'm not sure if there is singing as the only part I can remember is that all instruments stop and the drums do this little line. I think it's two measures. And then the instruments pick back up. I can only remember the drum part. I remember that during this part, the drums use the ride cymbal (they only hit it eight times during one of these parts). The best I can do is try to reproduce this part in a MIDI and share it. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

This?
my sister wrote:[the sun] can go to Hell and brighten that place up a while.

User avatar
diego5wh
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 am UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby diego5wh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 pm UTC

Hello, after some frustration in google I come here for help.
There is this song about a guy that sings how his wife (girlfriend, love interest?) is the right for him... just like thousand of other girls.
the whole song is a play on how there is really not only one person for you, but rather thousand of possible good choices for love.
I think I got the link to it first here in this forum (but can't find where).
Hope someone can help.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

User avatar
somehow
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby somehow » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 pm UTC

That sounds like Tim Minchin's "If I Didn't Have You".
Xenomortis wrote:O(n2) takes on new meaning when trying to find pairs of socks in the morning.

User avatar
yanfan388
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm UTC

Re: Song Identification!

Postby yanfan388 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

I know somebody who wants to record this song if they can identify it. He thinks it's a 60s soul song with the spoken line "are
you hip to the grease?" it could be a man and a woman singing it.

hard one!!!!


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests