Song Identification!

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Re: Song Identification!

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 pm UTC

NVM
i found it
it is called lucky in love and is from the musical "good news"
ImageImageImageImageImage

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

I know the song, I hope it's alright to do this here, but can someone help me find a place to download the song? I've done all the searching I can and fail, imeem, projectplaylist, google, amazon... fail me. It's sad, haha. I have the song in the link below, but I really want to download it.

Here

The song is called "Magnetismo". I believe the composer would be "Gancia" even though that's just the company that used the song for it's commercial, probably the makers, yeah.
Yes, well that's a compelling argument; but you forget one fundamental fact, you suck!

[.root/fail] wrote:Only a loser would sig themselves...

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:19 am UTC

[.root/fail] wrote:I know the song, I hope it's alright to do this here, but can someone help me find a place to download the song? I've done all the searching I can and fail, imeem, projectplaylist, google, amazon... fail me. It's sad, haha. I have the song in the link below, but I really want to download it.

Here

The song is called "Magnetismo". I believe the composer would be "Gancia" even though that's just the company that used the song for it's commercial, probably the makers, yeah.

Gancia is the name of the company, Magnetismo is the name of the commercial. I believe the song you're looking for is "Toop Toop" by Cassius. Hope that helps.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:49 pm UTC

1337geek wrote:Gancia is the name of the company, Magnetismo is the name of the commercial.
That's what I was thinking too. ^-^
1337geek wrote: I believe the song you're looking for is "Toop Toop" by Cassius. Hope that helps.
YES, IT IS, THANKYOU! *hugs* Thankyou very much for the help.

EDIT:

I need help finding the song/song name/song composer of the clip I included. That clip is the only information I have to offer.
Attachments
7acefb19707753fff69ce2141e14c410.mp3
some techno/rave song
(131.47 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Yes, well that's a compelling argument; but you forget one fundamental fact, you suck!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm UTC

Maria by Scooter - though this is a remix, I am unsure what the original is like.

In the future, never request for someone to give you a link to download a song.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:08 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Maria by Scooter - though this is a remix, I am unsure what the original is like.

In the future, never request for someone to give you a link to download a song.
Thankyou very much. And maybe I should have requested, as I meant, to buy it. Sorry, I only thought of that now.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 am UTC

Ah, that's different then.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Sanctuary1

Postby Sanctuary1 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:56 am UTC

Ugh...

I downloaded Death Cab For Cutie's Narrow Stairs and have ran into my deepest fear of downloading and why I hate it. Youtube has shown me that the songs I have labeled are not anything like what is actually on the album. However, I know for cure that it is Ben Gibbard and that it is Death Cab For Cutie. It sounds like them, has all their ques, and that voice is not mistaken.

One song that was under "Talking Bird" goes like this. Throughout the song theres a distorted chaotic guitar part that goes with soft singing that, at the beginning (it's hard to make out the rest) goes...

"I went so nuts and stranded, all dressed up
At your new place, with flowers...just to see that strange ice cold stare

Come round here no more

You ran past the oak trees in order to pass down
With heartbreak and nose bleed you searched and you found sleep
And for decades of pressure, so eagerly tempting...the strangers stay strangers after all."

I found another guy on google that found the same download and can't make it out either.

The only song that was in it's right place was I Will Possess Your Heart. This really makes me angry because not only do I have to download and learn to love the new songs, I want to find these songs to be able to have them and tag them correctly.

Please Please PLEASE help me!
I can most accurately describe Death From Above 1979's genre as "Heavy Indie Alternative Progressive Punkcore Dance Funk Metal"

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:21 am UTC

Another request, though I am looking at other requestes, I'm learning more and more that I am not good at intarweb searches as must as I thought. I'll search for things of other request unanswered.

I am wondering if anyone can help me find the name and artist of the song in the sample. I get 12 second clips from my girlfriend, I try finding it, but fail, she gets the clips, but not able to know the artist or names, because of the source of the sample clips, it's like... MSN sound clips.

Anyways.... does anyone also have searching tips?

My own are.... "GOOGLE!". Then after that "use quotes around parts you think would be wise to see as exact parts when doing a search". And... if you can tell the lyrics to a song, type them into search.... duh.... but, when all else fails...

"come here"
Spoiler:

wea loca xd.wma [ 2.07 MiB | Viewed 10321 times ]

Christ on a stick battered and fried, that damn thing kept causing massive errors in my Firefox. - ST

The Hyphenator

Postby The Hyphenator » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:42 am UTC

Sanctuary1 wrote:Ugh...

I downloaded Death Cab For Cutie's Narrow Stairs and have ran into my deepest fear of downloading and why I hate it. Youtube has shown me that the songs I have labeled are not anything like what is actually on the album. However, I know for cure that it is Ben Gibbard and that it is Death Cab For Cutie. It sounds like them, has all their ques, and that voice is not mistaken.

One song that was under "Talking Bird" goes like this. Throughout the song theres a distorted chaotic guitar part that goes with soft singing that, at the beginning (it's hard to make out the rest) goes...

"I went so nuts and stranded, all dressed up
At your new place, with flowers...just to see that strange ice cold stare

Come round here no more

You ran past the oak trees in order to pass down
With heartbreak and nose bleed you searched and you found sleep
And for decades of pressure, so eagerly tempting...the strangers stay strangers after all."

I found another guy on google that found the same download and can't make it out either.

The only song that was in it's right place was I Will Possess Your Heart. This really makes me angry because not only do I have to download and learn to love the new songs, I want to find these songs to be able to have them and tag them correctly.

Please Please PLEASE help me!
Pretty sure that's not a Death Cab song. Some person says to try a band called the Postal Service.

As for the album, http://mp3fiesta.com is a good resource for free music.

And I've had that experience before, with a certain Mars Volta album. They were all the right songs, but mislabeled; also, one of them was some weird version of the real song with the same lyrics but much more distorted sounds. :?
The image link changes whenever I find a new cool website.
Spoiler:

Mathmagic
It's not as cool as that Criss Angel stuff.

Postby Mathmagic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 am UTC

In case you didn't know, The Postal Service is a side-project of the vocalist from Death Cab. I've actually found many The Postal Service songs incorrectly attributed to Death Cab.
Axman: That, and have you played DX 10 games? It's like having your corneas swabbed with clits made out of morphine.
Pathway: cocks cocks cocks

HenryGifford

Postby HenryGifford » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 pm UTC

Okay, if anyone can find this song I would be eternally greatful. Well, probably not, but you get the idea. My whole memory of it is based off of the first 10 seconds of Festival by Sigur Rós. A vocalist sings that, and afterwards goes falsetto. I believe the whole song is falsetto.

Jeez that's vague.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:52 am UTC

Thursday did a cover of 'Ny Batterí', could that be what you're thinking of?
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:33 am UTC

I need two songs identified.

What is the name of the song in Boondock Saints
-when Rocco shoots up the coffee shop in ('see you on the flip side')
-during the sting of the poker match (where willem dafoe mimicked all of their motions and 'there was a firefight!')

Hopefully one of you owns the soundtrack.

Mathmagic
It's not as cool as that Criss Angel stuff.

Postby Mathmagic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:30 pm UTC

Axman: That, and have you played DX 10 games? It's like having your corneas swabbed with clits made out of morphine.
Pathway: cocks cocks cocks

HenryGifford

Postby HenryGifford » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:07 pm UTC

cyberia wrote:Thursday did a cover of 'Ny Batterí', could that be what you're thinking of?

Nope thanks though.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 am UTC

cyberia wrote:Super-vague song id request:

I was watching a music-video show about 2 months ago and there was a clip of a woman singing. Sort-of country-rock style. The whole video clip is just her singing. She looks very white-trash and seemed angry / emotional?

That's all I've got. Sorry, was really trashed when I saw it.

These Roses by Gin Wigmore.

It's even more awful now that I'm not wasted.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Eliminator Jr.

Postby Eliminator Jr. » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:08 am UTC

I recently heard a song on the radio - it was a fairly small radio station and so they don't have a website which I could have looked at in order to see what the song played was. The person who was hosting the show named the artist, the song and the album, although his voice was muffled a little bit. I got the album name, or something close to it. "Draw Attention To Yourself" or something along the lines of that is the name of the album. I tried searching it in Google and found a whole lot of forums filled with females who want attention at dinner parties. And I'm pretty sure that's not the name of the band. So..

They recently performed a gig in Ballarat (in country Victoria) and are from Brisbane, Australia. They sound a lot like the Australian band The Living End. At first I thought Children Collide, a band of which I've heard a lot about but never really got into, but the artist name was no more than two syllables. The song name was also short. I hope this helps.

Kimble

Postby Kimble » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:12 pm UTC

Here's a song I heard on a top-40 station in the car. The lyrics were a guy singing to a secret lover in a standard R&B style, with a slight vocodery or ProTools-y voice modification, mostly close to the piano line (see below).

The piano part is all eighth-note chords, mostly minor-sounding (to my mostly-untrained ear). This section loops throughout the verses -- no drums, just electric-sounding bass and piano:

Code: Select all

piano:  1 1 4|4 1 1     1 1 4|4 1 1     4 4 7|7 4 4     1 1 2|2 3 3
bass:       1|1   4   1     1|1   4   1     4|4   7   4     1|1   4   1     
             |               |               |               |
Numbers represent relative pitch (not guaranteed to be accurate).
Vertical lines separate the measures.

The "chorus" has no lyrics -- just added percussion. It sounds vaguely like a drum corps playing it. The ending is just the bass line, repeated for a surprisingly long time -- 8 measures or so.

Any identification help would be appreciated. Thanks!

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:18 pm UTC

sounds like it could be akon or new justin timberlake.

does your radiostation have a website? often, stations owned by clearchannel have samples of the songs they play on the air and the times that the songs were played. most top 40 stations are owned by clearchannel or viacom
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

Kimble

Postby Kimble » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 pm UTC

I was listening (and posting) during my lunch hour and my work PC doesn't have sound, so I couldn't listen to the local station's website. Once I got home and remembered to look, I tried -- but the station I heard it on is actually locally-owned and doesn't have a playlist yet. It does have a competing Clear Channel station, but it only has the last 10 songs played and a playlist that's 173 unsearchable songs in order of airplay, listed 20 at a time.

So, I went to the iTunes store and looked up the newest Akon and JT tracks -- no luck. Finally, I went to the list of top hip-hop/rap songs and did an exhaustive search. #1 had Rihanna on it, so I knew that wasn't it. #2 was Kanyé West, "Love Lockdown" -- bingo. (Apparently I only heard the second half of the song. I also got the chord repetition pattern wrong -- it's 4-3-1, not 2-1-1.)

Thanks for the time (and inspiration to look again), scrt_rbt_agnt! (I honestly do mean that -- no sarcasm here.)

flying muffin

Postby flying muffin » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:04 pm UTC

Okay, you guys want a challenge? Here's a tough one for you:

I'm looking for this orchestral piece. Big band, big bass. None of that "Oh, look at me, my band has twelve flutes, three violins, a harpsichord, and a butterfly" stuff.
I'm pretty sure the name of the composer was European.
What distinguishes this particular piece is the gunfire going off in the background. Machineguns, a bit of artillery if I remember correctly, and maybe some other guns.

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

flying muffin wrote:Okay, you guys want a challenge? Here's a tough one for you:

I'm looking for this orchestral piece. Big band, big bass. None of that "Oh, look at me, my band has twelve flutes, three violins, a harpsichord, and a butterfly" stuff.
What distinguishes this particular piece is the gunfire going off in the background. Machineguns, a bit of artillery if I remember correctly, and maybe some other guns.

Sounds like the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, though he was Russian, not European.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

flying muffin

Postby flying muffin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

1337geek wrote:
flying muffin wrote:Okay, you guys want a challenge? Here's a tough one for you:

Sounds like the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, though he was Russian, not European.

Nope -- It sounds like there's a war going on in the background, not a 21-gun salute. I guess I should have written that off in my OP, though. >_>

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 am UTC

flying muffin wrote:
1337geek wrote:

Nope -- It sounds like there's a war going on in the background, not a 21-gun salute. I guess I should have written that off in my OP, though. >_>

I figured, but you never know.... :wink:

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

I just heard this song on tv, and I can not find the title/artist ANYWHERE. The lyrics I remember are:

"I'm sitting here beside myself, I'm staring at the novels on the shelf
A million words in front of me, but I can't find the one word that I need
If I could be an open book I wouldn't be misunderstood
Every word I left unspoken is like another promise broken
I've got to put it back together"

I really want this song.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

Is that from the movie 'Nightmare At The End Of The Hall'?

If so, nothing's coming up for songs from the movie but the original music was done by Clinton Shorter and it was produced by Insight Film so maybe if you contact one of these people they can help you?

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 pm UTC

Yeah it was from that movie. Thank you so much!
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

3clipse

Re:

Postby 3clipse » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

Owijad wrote:
HiroP wrote:You said the 70s or later, so I'm guessing...

"What is Love" by Haddaway

'cause it's repetitive, and they're a one-hit wonder by most accounts.

Ooh, I think that was it. Thankee.

Finally, someone else who actually says thankee in, like, every day life. I thought I was the only one.

Shamefully off topic post.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:54 pm UTC

October wrote:I recently heard a song on the radio - it was a fairly small radio station and so they don't have a website which I could have looked at in order to see what the song played was. The person who was hosting the show named the artist, the song and the album, although his voice was muffled a little bit. I got the album name, or something close to it. "Draw Attention To Yourself" or something along the lines of that is the name of the album. I tried searching it in Google and found a whole lot of forums filled with females who want attention at dinner parties. And I'm pretty sure that's not the name of the band. So..

They recently performed a gig in Ballarat (in country Victoria) and are from Brisbane, Australia. They sound a lot like the Australian band The Living End. At first I thought Children Collide, a band of which I've heard a lot about but never really got into, but the artist name was no more than two syllables. The song name was also short. I hope this helps.

Draw Attention to Themselves by Yves Klein Blue maybe? They're from Brisbane.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

HenryGifford wrote:Okay, if anyone can find this song I would be eternally greatful. Well, probably not, but you get the idea. My whole memory of it is based off of the first 10 seconds of Festival by Sigur Rós. A vocalist sings that, and afterwards goes falsetto. I believe the whole song is falsetto.

Jeez that's vague.

I think one of the other songs on Med Sud I Eyrum Wid Spilum Endalaust has an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeemely similar intro. Straumnes maybe, I can't remember at the top of my head.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:03 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:I just heard this song on tv, and I can not find the title/artist ANYWHERE. The lyrics I remember are:

"I'm sitting here beside myself, I'm staring at the novels on the shelf
A million words in front of me, but I can't find the one word that I need
If I could be an open book I wouldn't be misunderstood
Every word I left unspoken is like another promise broken
I've got to put it back together"

I really want this song.

Northern Sunz- A nightmare at the end of the hall
is what a quick google turned up.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 pm UTC

Hm. Almost sounds appropriate for something like Ride of the Valkyries hehe.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

neub

Postby neub » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:56 am UTC

Ok, here is an almost impossible song, and I don't know the answer. So please help me. Its a kinda weird song, it starts and ends with a water splash fx noise, the back beat is a techno type take on what seems like old big band music, with some horns, the beat is very repetitive, and the lyrics are entirely gibberish, something kind of scat-like along the lines of wabbleindeboobleindeedlydatindodo repeated a lot and slight variations on it. Anyone who can find this has way too much musical knowledge, although it would be super appreciated.
Last edited by neub on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

Ok that song is hilarious :mrgreen:

Also apologies for my previous multipost. I totally forgot to put all those in one post.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

neub

Postby neub » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:04 pm UTC

Yeah, its super funny, any idea what it is? Anyone?

Glaglig

Postby Glaglig » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

Sorry, can't help you, but I'm looking for a song myself. It might be called "Slurp Slurp" or something like that - at least, it has people that say "slurp slurp" throughout the song... And it might be by Cut Chemist. it's kind of a scratch-y electronica music-y thing... Can't seem to find it anywhere...!

neub

Postby neub » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:20 am UTC

I found it, tunatic is a great program. The song is Bathtime in Clerkenwell by The real tuesday weld and earl okin.

Glaglig

Postby Glaglig » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:43 am UTC

neub wrote:I found it, tunatic is a great program. The song is Bathtime in Clerkenwell by The real tuesday weld and earl okin.

Wow that was a strange song! And it really did sound like "wabbleindeboobleindeedlydatindodo"! I like it :)

SpringLoaded12

Re:

Postby SpringLoaded12 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:57 pm UTC

Blatm wrote:http://www.songtapper.com/ might be helpful for anyone who needs to find a song in the future. You could also Google the lyrics.

That assumes that you know the correct lyrics. There's a song called "Smack My Bitch Up", which is used frequently in fight scenes for Newgrounds Flash videos. Well, I was looking for that song on Google, but couldn't find it because I thought the words were "Snap My Picture". It really sounds like that's what he's saying.
"It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield." "Opposite over hypotenuse, dipshit."

Return to “Music”