If you were an Educator, responsible for exposure of Young Minds to Human Knowledge,
What would you Force them to read?
Or; Have read to them.
Would you do One Thing over and over?
At 2 years old, what would you prescribe for the Child to hear read?
At 3 years old is the Choice different or broader?
As the years progress;
What would you Force them to Read or have read to them?
Never too young.
Never too old.
It is a fairly One Size Fits All sort of document.
Just, start the day with that and see what happens.
1. Go placidly amid the Noise and Haste,
And; Remember what Peace there may be in Silence.
2. As Far as Possible without Surrender
Be on Good Terms with all Persons.
3. Speak your Truth, Quietly and Clearly; and Listen to Others,
They too have Their Stories.
4. Avoid Loud and Aggressive Persons,
They are Vexations to the Spirit.
5. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter;
For always there will be Greater and Lesser Persons than Yourself.
6. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
It is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
7. Exercise caution in your business affairs;
For the world is Full of Trickery.
7. a) But let this not Blind You to what Virtue there is;
Many persons strive for High Ideals;
And; everywhere Life is Full of Heroism.
8. Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
8 a) Neither be cynical about Love;
For in the face of all Dryness and Disenchantment,
Love is as Perennial as the Grass.
9. Take kindly the counsel of the years,
Gracefully surrendering the Things of Youth.
10. Nurture strength of Spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But, do not distress yourself with dark imaginings;
Many fears are born of Fatigue and Loneliness.
11. Beyond a Wholesome Discipline, Be Gentle with Yourself.
You are a Child of the Universe,
No Less than The Trees and The Stars;
You have a Right to be Here.
12. And; Whether or Not it is clear to you,
No doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore; Be at peace with God;
whatever you conceive Him to be.
13. And; Whatever your Labors and Aspirations,
in the Noisy Confusion of Life
Keep Peace with your Soul.
14. With all its Sham, Drudgery and Broken Dreams,
it is still a Beautiful World.
15. Be Cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
Max Ehrmann 1927
September 26, 1872 – September 9, 1945
An American Attorney
And; Child of God