I'd like to know the name of this book/short story/comic

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

podbaydoor

Re: Things you remember reading, but can't remeber the name of

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:57 am UTC

I've read that too. I think it's by Kurt Vonnegut?

Edit: "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

dbsmith

Postby dbsmith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:27 am UTC

Ok, some kids book (young adult i guess) about these ants or spiders and this kid had them in his room, but then they got out and starting attacking the neighbourhood and the queen ant was psychic....thats about it. Good luck!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:04 pm UTC

LDJosh wrote:I'm trying to remember the title of a short story I read in middle school. It was set sometime in the future, where the government is trying to rub out individuality and equalize mankind. Smart people are forced into wearing helmets that emit a sharp ear piercing squeel at irregular intervals to disrupt thought patterns so they don't become too smart, beautiful people are forced to cover themselves so that no one notices them, and athletic/well fit people must wear special weighted garnments that restrict their movements. eventually at the end, theres some kind of competetion on tv and a beautiful person sheds their garnment and an athletic person takes of their weights and they do some kind of awesome dance routine and the world is stunned. the government rushes in and bags the two individuals and carts them off, and everyone forgets about it and goes back to being mindless drones.

anyone remember that?

They didn't cart them off, unless you consider a shotgun blast to be carting.

(Link to Harrison Bergeron)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

LDJosh

Postby LDJosh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

Heh. i was in like 6th grade when I read that. I'm surprised I remembered that much.

But thanks for finding it!
--------
~Lameduck Josh
ninjajosh.com

AerialSteamCarriage

Postby AerialSteamCarriage » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 am UTC

I read a story in about 6-7 grade about a man who hires a guide to go mountain sheep hunting out in the desert in western America. The guide shoots a mad prospector, and the rest of the book talks about how the guide tried to kill his customer, and what the customer did to evade him.

Notable points that I remember:
A big section dealing with the customer hiding on top of a butte, killing pigeons with a slingshot to eat
Sliding down a gully on the butte with a big pad of leaves of some sort for cushioning
Finding the camp of the prospector
Setting the guides camp on fire
Eventually capturing the guide and taking him to the police

Any help would be much appreciated! It's been bugging me for years now...
Spoiler:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I read AerialSteamCarriage's username as "AnallySteamedCabbages".
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

tenohsix

Postby tenohsix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:46 am UTC

Google-fu!
Deathwatch, by Robb White - sounds almost exactly the same, except that from what I can tell, the guide is some poor college kid, and it's the customer who turns psychopathic.

Dunno why, but I have an awful lot of fun trying to figure out what these books are. I like puzzles, I guess, and the more details there are, the more fun it is to see them match up.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 pm UTC

Everytime I thought of a book I wanted to ask about on here, I keep remembering the title myself or at least enough to find it through Google :) so thanks, I suppose, for helping me remember some books that made an impact on me that I haven't thought about in years (like The Castle of Dark and The Ragged World).
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

AerialSteamCarriage

Postby AerialSteamCarriage » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Ah, that's it. Thanks! It's been so long since I read it that I mixed up the guide and the customer.
Spoiler:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I read AerialSteamCarriage's username as "AnallySteamedCabbages".
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

I'm looking for a sci-fi book...

Postby no-genius » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm UTC

I dunno if there's already a topic for this sort of thing... (Edit: Thankyou lovely mods!)

I saw a book once that was called something like 'the architect' or 'the carpenter'. The description was about a guy who comes to work on a project, but he doesn't know what it is, or anything about it. And then I forget what it was called, and who wrote it. Damn, that book looked interesting too...
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

kwub

Postby kwub » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:16 pm UTC

When I was about nine or so I read this bizarre semi-horror children's fantasy novel (not exactly a large genre) relating the story of three (at least I think it was only three) English children who meet a unicorn and are given some sort of magical spear. The plot had to do with some alternate fantasy reality seeping into our world, and if I recall correctly there was a creepy Lovecraftian "black tentacled shadow being" creature of some kind growing in the darkness of earth as it emerged. Or something like that.
It was easily one of the strangest and most fascinating stories I've ever read, and no amount of Google searching has been sufficient to reveal anything about it.

Oh, and there was another fantasy horror book that I read about five years ago and have been desperately trying to remember the name of (and the author, for that matter). It was about this guy who falls in love with a weird, moody girl and takes a trip to her creepy family mansion with her, at which point everything starts to get really strange. There was some sort of horrifying otherworldly creature (with tentacles, of course) that was seeking a human host, and it turned out his girlfriend/wife (can't remember if they got married or not) was really a child witch in disguise attempting to claim the power of the creature for herself. The creature was basically a disgusting heart sitting in a locked box that, when released, had a tendency to latch itself onto people's chests and shove its tentacles into their skin, latching itself to their own heart and turning them into the beast. In the end the guy gets saved because he was wearing a zip-loc bag full of magical protective hair (yes, hair) under his shirt, which causes the creature to leap away from him and attack his child-witch-girlfriend and turn her into the creature.

zombie_monkey

Postby zombie_monkey » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

dbsmith wrote:Ok, some kids book (young adult i guess) about these ants or spiders and this kid had them in his room, but then they got out and starting attacking the neighbourhood and the queen ant was psychic....thats about it. Good luck!

Sounds a bit like «Переходный возраст» by Анна Старобинец. But it's probably not it?

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 am UTC

Kwub's book sounds awesome!

Anyway, I could look this up in my "Philosophy through Science Fiction" course packet, but I keep forgetting to, possibly because I'm not completely sure where said course packet is anymore.

This was a novel (or possibly a short story) about a man and a woman who save the lives of comatose people by telepathically entering their minds. Much of the excerpt from this story focuses on a case where they enter the mind of one woman, where they find her being switfty carried downstream on an out-of-control raft, which they have to somehow stop. Then the woman gets distracted by a shiny fish in the water, which seems to be the latest symptom of her lurking death wish.

I could go on slightly longer, but odds are if you know what I'm talking about at all, this blurb should be sufficient.

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:45 am UTC

This is not a book, but a webcomic, and I hope thats ok.

In a post-apocalyptic world, vampires must protect the surviving humans against the zombie hoards.
And thats about all I remember about it.
418 I'm a teapot

Ess

Postby Ess » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:49 pm UTC

I've got 2 books I don't remember the name of:

One is a picture book that was read to me in first grade. It was about this girl who really wanted a certain type of markers that were really really permanent (there was a phrase that was repeated throughout the book to emphasize how permanent they were, but I don't remember it). The girl's mother wouldn't let her get them because she'd color all over everything with them. Then the girl mentions a washable version of the markers exists, and her mother gets them for her. Once she proves that she won't color all over everything, her mother buys her the really permanent ones. The girl then does color all over everything with the really permanent markers, with amusing results.

The other book I read in 4th grade. It was about a princess who was gifted with great knowledge by (one of) her fairy godmother(s). She became a know-it-all. I don't remember what happened in the story, only that bit about the main character.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:43 am UTC

Ess wrote:The other book I read in 4th grade. It was about a princess who was gifted with great knowledge by (one of) her fairy godmother(s). She became a know-it-all. I don't remember what happened in the story, only that bit about the main character.

That does quietly ring a bell somewhere. In fact, I seem to distinctly recall a story in which a princess was explicitly gifted with "Common Sense", but it might have just been a short story in one of those grade-school readers. Google summons "The Practical Princess" by Jay Williams.

(The other thing that comes to mind is Patricia C. Wrede's enormously entertaining "Enchanted Forest Chronicles", but there's no fairy blessings there.)

Malice

Postby Malice » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:24 am UTC

clockworkmonk wrote:This is not a book, but a webcomic, and I hope thats ok.

In a post-apocalyptic world, vampires must protect the surviving humans against the zombie hoards.
And thats about all I remember about it.

That would be "Last Blood", now complete. The sequel is just beginning. You can find the first strip here.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 pm UTC

Malice, and while I'm at it, clockworkmonk:
I hate you love you hate you!

I have now spent an hour and a half reading Last Blood from page 1.
Do you have any idea what you've done? I'm not going to be able to go home before I'm caught up, and then I'm going to hate that it's over and be all depressed all night.

It's xkcd all over again! edit: only worse 'cause there's a plot. It's LFG all over again! only worse cause daaaamn it's good.

second edit: there we are. Only took two and a half hours. And now I'm emerging, fuzzy-headed, cross-eyed and longing for more, from the Last Blood mists... better leave work then shouldn't I.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

I found my passage, if anyone was wondering. House of Leaves, page 398. The index in the back helped, though it threw me off at first since it didn't have the word "well" in it, and the well was fairly central to the passage.

Anyway, it feels good to finally have that mystery solved, it's been bugging me for over a year now.

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:02 am UTC

Malice wrote:
That would be "Last Blood", now complete. The sequel is just beginning. You can find the first strip here.

Thank you, it is everything I remember.
418 I'm a teapot

juliebee08

Postby juliebee08 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

The Sleeping Tyrant wrote:I read this story in grade school, about a couple of boys, one white and the other Native American, who get stranded/sent up into the northern wastes of Canada for a year, and have to survive on their own.
Have to do stuff like make their own house, at one point a bear almost kills one of them and the other almost dies running to save him.

Can't remember the author either. Help please?

yeah i read that. it's Far North by Will Hobbs

juliebee08

Postby juliebee08 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

LoopQuantumGravity wrote:Ok, this one's going to sound kind of weird...

It was a science fiction story. Possibly a short story, or a choose your own adventure book. I don't remember. Humans are at war with some aliens, and a human pilot gets somehow (by other aliens?) put on a planet with the aliens who he's fighting. The aliens turn out to be these weird ball things. I believe there was also some kind of forcefield between them. That's all I can remember.

But I think about it every time I see that futurama episode with the bouncing ball aliens, and it's driving me crazy.

it reminds me of The Illustrated Man by Bradbury, but it's not exactly the same.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:43 pm UTC

LoopQuantumGravity wrote:Ok, this one's going to sound kind of weird...

It was a science fiction story. Possibly a short story, or a choose your own adventure book. I don't remember. Humans are at war with some aliens, and a human pilot gets somehow (by other aliens?) put on a planet with the aliens who he's fighting. The aliens turn out to be these weird ball things. I believe there was also some kind of forcefield between them. That's all I can remember.

But I think about it every time I see that futurama episode with the bouncing ball aliens, and it's driving me crazy.

Arena. I remember reading that, four or five ago, in an old sci-fi anthology, and for some reason the name stuck. I found the wikipedia page on it here.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:42 am UTC

Jorpho wrote:This was a novel (or possibly a short story) about a man and a woman who save the lives of comatose people by telepathically entering their minds. Much of the excerpt from this story focuses on a case where they enter the mind of one woman, where they find her being switfty carried downstream on an out-of-control raft, which they have to somehow stop. Then the woman gets distracted by a shiny fish in the water, which seems to be the latest symptom of her lurking death wish.

Well, I found what I was looking for. It's "Night Win" by Nancy Kress, apparently from her Trinity and Other Stories anthology.

Brianm

Postby Brianm » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

kwub wrote:When I was about nine or so I read this bizarre semi-horror children's fantasy novel

I remember reading this as a kid - I think might be Elidor, by Alan Garner, or possibly one of his other books.

psicopoo

Postby psicopoo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 am UTC

I'm pretty sure nobody got these yet...

Elenion wrote:Hm.. I read a series of books when I was a kid, about a bunch of kids who was abandoned by their mom in a car outside some mall, and for some reason they decided there was somewhere they needed to go (a relative?) and started the journey on their own.. Anyone know what this is?

Homecoming, by Cynthia Voigt. I read that in school too! Wasn't really into it. I'd probably enjoy it more now that I did then, though.

Ess wrote:One is a picture book that was read to me in first grade. It was about this girl who really wanted a certain type of markers that were really really permanent (there was a phrase that was repeated throughout the book to emphasize how permanent they were, but I don't remember it). The girl's mother wouldn't let her get them because she'd color all over everything with them. Then the girl mentions a washable version of the markers exists, and her mother gets them for her. Once she proves that she won't color all over everything, her mother buys her the really permanent ones. The girl then does color all over everything with the really permanent markers, with amusing results.

Super-indelible-never-come-off-until-you're-dead-and-maybe-even-later coloring markers! That's Purple, Green, and Yellow, by Robert Munsch. Same guy who wrote The Paper Bag Princess.

Ess

Postby Ess » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:44 am UTC

psicopoo wrote: Super-indelible-never-come-off-until-you're-dead-and-maybe-even-later coloring markers! That's Purple, Green, and Yellow, by Robert Munsch. Same guy who wrote The Paper Bag Princess.

That's it! Thank you.

Thin_icE

Searching for a Sci-Fi book..

Postby Thin_icE » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 pm UTC

Hi everyone, this is my first post around here. As everyone else here, I absolutely love the comic and came to you with a problem at hand. The other day, I was at class, and the teacher talked about some sci-fi book that is divided in stories, each of which is based on the same principle: what would be the world like if a certain physical constant had a different value? Can anyone tell me the title and author please?
Thanks a lot

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Re: Things you remember reading -Merged: Searching for a...

Postby Narsil » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Okay, I finally thought of one that I can't remember the title to.

It's this fairy tale type story, maybe fantasy but not overboard fantasy. No magic of mystical creatures that I can recall. There's this incident near the beginning where a man cuts this corpse open and fits his arm with clockwork to make it lash horses forward. He this has the clockwork corpse drive a carriage somewhere carrying a boy. Much of the story takes place in a town with a giant clock in the center. In fact, clockwork is a common theme if I recall correctly. There's a clockwork child too, and he befriends this girl and towards the end they either perish in the cold of winter or the boy becomes real. Something about the boy needing to be given a heart but it must still be kept by the giver.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Malice

Postby Malice » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 am UTC

Narsil wrote:Okay, I finally thought of one that I can't remember the title to.
In fact, clockwork is a common theme if I recall correctly.

Would that be... "Clockwork"?

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 am UTC

Yup, that's the one. Funny, I hadn't realized I had ever read a Philip Pullman book. Thanks.
Spoiler:

*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

This is a bit of misrepresentation; I've never read this book, but I've been told about it and I'm trying to track down the name.

It's written by a prohibition-era card-shark who trained men in the army how not to get fleeced by cons; it has to do with probability and game-theory. My friend tells me that the copy he read had a green cover, if that's any help.

If anyone recognizes this book I'd appreciate a helpful finger pointing me in the right direction.

karmiclube
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby karmiclube » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 pm UTC

lanicita wrote:Agh, I have one of those. It was a short story that my teacher read to me in elementary school. There was a little town with a mall, and a store opened in the mall that had really delicious fudge in all different flavors, and it was all free. At the same time, a stand opened outside the mall where you could get an injection that would make you instantly lose 5 pounds for $5. So everyone in the town would gorge themselves on free chocolate, then get the injection so they didn't gain any weight from it. That's all I really remember.

i remember that story, too, though the only additional details i can remember about it was that it ended with one of the main characters idly wondering if maybe it was an alien plot to harvest fuel from humans or something. i remember it being a kind of pudding/ice creamy substance, though. either way, delicious and addictive! (...slurm? j/k) i think it was from an anthology of sci fi written with young adults in mind, between...let's see. it would've had to be the mid-90's when i found it.

the book i'm looking for is a collection of science fiction short stories published in the 50's/60's. in one of the stories, there was a kiosk where people could buy love--not just a quick screw, but "true love"--for a short amount of time. the temporary love interests had chips in their brain programmed with personalities and likes/dislikes that were compatible with the customers, who would get injected with a serum or something that got the right juices (hormones and such) flowing to simulate the feeling of being in love. (one such customer tried to follow up with his "ex-gf" after his allotted time and was rather disenchanted with the results, whereupon he took advantage of a kiosk that "sold" murder in order to vent his frustration with the whole thing.

another story, and my favorite from this book, involved a team of scientists that staged an experiment where they collected 20-30 babies predicted to have genius-level intelligence/ability (i don't remember what they used to measure this, but it sounded good :roll: ) and basically established a scientific commune where they were raised and educated/trained to use as much of their potential as possible. eventually, about 10-12 years after the project, the kids started to develop psychic powers and could use their minds to euthanize livestock for food, repair broken equipment, levitate stuff, etc. the government decided that was a bit much, all things considered, so they sent operatives to "shut down" the project (translation: kill 'em all). when they got there, all they encountered was an impenetrable gray barrier/wall that encompassed the compound. turns out the little geniuses had invented a device that moved the whole compound either forward or backward in time--i forget which. if any of the adults living inside the now contained area wished to leave, they could do so, but returning was an impossibility. apparently with time travel you can only go one way in that universe. the whole story was composed as a series of letters/reports written by one of the project leads to his superior at whatever government department he was employeed with.
Spoiler:

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:22 am UTC

I remember a trilogy of books based on the idea of a video game that the characters were able to enter, without the aid of any virtual reality headset or similar (unlike, say, the Legendeer Trilogy). The first of the trilogy had a black gun-like device that characters pointed at someone and if the target was feeling strongly emotional it would transport them into the game. The second was based around a maze-like game - I remember that characters could lose lives, which would cause them to respawn at the beginning of the maze, and at one point the characters had to duck due to some arrows (some sort of trap). I think the characters went to a certain location - possibly a playground? - in order to explore the maze. The final book was set in Japan, and featured the man who'd been making these games along with (I think) his daughter or niece. There is a moderate amount of low-level Japanese dialogue in this book, with translations at the back. The only specific Japanese dialogue I remember was "Doko ni ikimasu-ka?", which was said by one of the characters to the niece whilst on a train - she had asked him to say something in Japanese, and replied that his Japanese was not bad but she would have to answer his question in English. Oh, and there was also something about a fox at a shinto shrine.

The video game featured in the third book allowed one to fulfil one's fantasies; one of the characters fantasized about being a ninja. I think his name might have been David; if I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the first book that he lived in an expensive house with white carpets (or rugs). He may also have been the character on the train. I think another character, in the first book at least, was called Emily. David (if that was his name) used her emotions, saying first that he wanted to be her friend, then that he hated her, in order to get into the game using the black gun. There were at least one or two other characters; I vaguely recall a dark-skinned, dark-haired male character who used up all (possibly all but one) of his lives in the second book, though I could be wrong. Also, one of the characters' older brother features in the second book.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:48 pm UTC

I read that too, but I can't find it anywhere.

NOT Steve

Postby NOT Steve » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 am UTC

I really need you guys to help me with this one. I read some softcover book a few years ago. I recall that it was set in Medieval times and may have been centered around some book that guides you on how to become a hero or a knight, and the guide is mentioned in the title. Also it was very funny, I think. The evil person in the book had a castle with some large air duct that actually had a sign that said it was a way to sneak in, but it was a trap. Also, the main character got lost in the castle and eventually made it to the gift shop. If any of you manages to find this obscure book, then you will receive 1.73*10^5 brownie points.
Should horses be represented in the Senate? Nay.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 am UTC

"David" may actually have been called Andrew.

Edit: found it. The books are called "Space Demons", "Skymaze" and "Shinkei", and are by Gillian Rubinstein. Now I have to find them and read them again.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

theamberkey

Postby theamberkey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 pm UTC

Robin S wrote:"David" may actually have been called Andrew.

Edit: found it. The books are called "Space Demons", "Skymaze" and "Shinkei", and are by Gillian Rubinstein. Now I have to find them and read them again.

I was about to say that I had read the second one, Skymaze, ages ago. I had no idea it was part of a series.
A silver spoon and a packet of sugar cubes are the artifacts of the ritual: the vajrakaliya, the cross, the blood of the lamb....
-The Amber Key

Amalas

Postby Amalas » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:04 pm UTC

Finally, a place that may actually help me figure out a short story I can't remember the name of.

One thing I know for sure is that is was the very first story in some sort of anthology of science fiction. The main character is a female computer scientist who does her hacking at home wearing only interesting t-shirts and panties. My husband has also read this story, but can't really offer any more details than that. Any ideas?

miron721

Looking for a book, was rather disturbing, forgot name.

Postby miron721 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:07 am UTC

I would put more in the title, but that's about it.
I was reading this book as a pdf on my computer, and my hard drive decided to die as I was about 1/4 of the way through. Being the cheap bastard I am, I didn't bother to get all my data off it, and just degaussed it and threw it out.
Then I remembered the book. It was written in the style where you just write exactly what you think, I forget the term. Train of consciousness or something. It covered the life of a teenager, I'd estimate 14, as he went through school as the typical "loser" kid. He meets up with another kid of the same social class. The other kid is a nutjob of sorts, and they plan a school shooting. It was eerie that they had a list of people who they would target first, and found weapons to use. They actually went through with it, and it covers how he went through a stage of dissociation as it was happening. I remember it used the words "It was as if I was watching someone else in my body."
That's about as far as I got. Anyone know the title, by any chance?

Oh, and before you accuse me of being a pirate, I download files as a "demo" of sorts. If I like whatever I'm watching/listening to/reading. I'll buy a copy. If I like it a lot, a few copies.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Re: Looking for a book, was rather disturbing, forgot name.

Postby Narsil » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:20 pm UTC

Spoiler:

*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Return to “Books”