American Gods free online

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

TheAmazingRando

American Gods free online

Postby TheAmazingRando » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 am UTC

If you're a faithful reader of Neil Gaiman's blog (such as myself) you would know that, in honor of his blog's birthday, he decided to let the readers vote for one book of his to be made available online for free, for one month, in a digital format. The winner was American Gods, so if anyone's interested in it, they can find it here.

Personally, I voted for Smoke and Mirrors, I think his short stories are a lot better than American Gods. However, it's still a good book, especially for free.

Unfortunately, it isn't downloadable, and reading the whole thing in the eBook reader would probably be a bit of a pain, but hey, something's better than nothing.

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Re: American Gods free online

Postby b.i.o » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 am UTC

TheAmazingRando wrote:If you're a faithful reader of Neil Gaiman's blog (such as myself) you would know that, in honor of his blog's birthday, he decided to let the readers vote for one book of his to be made available online for free, for one month, in a digital format. The winner was American Gods, so if anyone's interested in it, they can find it here.

Personally, I voted for Smoke and Mirrors, I think his short stories are a lot better than American Gods. However, it's still a good book, especially for free.

Unfortunately, it isn't downloadable, and reading the whole thing in the eBook reader would probably be a bit of a pain, but hey, something's better than nothing.

Damn...that's the only one of his books I actually own. I wouldn't even mind terribly much reading it in the browser...it wouldn't be much different from reading it as a .pdf--I just set the brightness/contrast down a lot and my eyes aren't bothered.

Return to “Books”