Analysis References

For the discussion of language mechanics, grammar, vocabulary, trends, and other such linguistic topics, in english and other languages.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

TheMagicalTurtle

Analysis References

Postby TheMagicalTurtle » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:05 am UTC

I'm currently doing a paper in which I have to have some "expert analysis" for a series of Wordsworth poems, and all I can seem to find in my search are websites that sell you term papers and Sparknotes-esque websites.

Are there any websites that give real, useful analysis for literature and poetry? I'm not asking for someone do my homework for me or anything [which, as I suspected and just checked for, is frowned upon] , just help with reputable references. Sparknotes and Wikipedia don't really qualify, unfortunately :\

Google hath failed me.

AnonyMouse
Boobs, LOL!

Re: Analysis References

Postby AnonyMouse » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:00 pm UTC

While the wiki is not, in itself, a good reference, I often find it to be a decent gateway reference, for lack of a better term. Because a lot of sources will be cited in any decent wiki article, you can often use the links at the bottom as a jumping off point for your own research.

hnooch

Re: Analysis References

Postby hnooch » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Also try scholar.google.com for a book of wordsworth poems. Then select the "cited by 149" link, or whatever.

Return to “Language/Linguistics”