What kind of voice do you hear in your head when you read?

For the discussion of language mechanics, grammar, vocabulary, trends, and other such linguistic topics, in english and other languages.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

hocl

Re: What kind of voice do you hear in your head when you read?

Postby hocl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:35 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:I uh. I do not hear a voice persay.
Nitpick: it's per se.

Isotope_238 wrote:I don't think I really hear a voice, but I do sense inflection and punctuation. When a passage is improperly punctuated or formatted, it grates on me. A poorly placed comma can interrupt the whole flow of a paragraph, and then I mentally trip over the words.
Argggh! I hate that. And if you mention it, you get labeled a grammar Nazi. Because, hey, anyone who thinks that the difference between restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses is an important distinction is a hopeless pedant. Then there's the homophones (misspellings aren't as bad as homophones, since at least there I can mentally correct it immediately, instead of having to analyze the whole sentence to figure out what was meant; it's like on Google, where if you spell something wrong, it redirects you to the right page, but if your misspelling matches a common search term, you just get sent to a completely wrong site and you get completely confused). I just don't understand how people can be so blase about these things. Is there some sort of cognitive disorder where people just aren't able to associate two different spelling to the same pronunciation?

Anyone, after typing for a while, start typing things in their heads as they speak?

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Postby Bobber » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 am UTC

hocl wrote:
Gojoe wrote:I uh. I do not hear a voice persay.
Nitpick: it's per se.
I'm not sure, but I think it was an intentional pun. Voice. Say. Ha ha ha.
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

Deciheximal

Postby Deciheximal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 am UTC

How curious! I never knew that there were people who "heard" an actual tonal voice inside their head when they read. The words in my head are absolutely without pitch or resonance, yet still pronounced syllable by syllable. My brain accesses how the word is pronounced as I read, and I think I take my cognitive understanding from that. I suspect if there was actually a tone to my thoughts, I would find it quite annoying.

Now I can apply a voice if I choose for a time. For example, I just reread the last paragraph wrote with Craig Ferguson's voice. (I've become quite a fan of him since Jimmy Fallon replaced Conan in the same time slot.) When I add tone though, I have to slow down my otherwise speedy reading process so these tonal words have time to be pronounced.

Someone else said when they see words in all caps, they hear a shouting volume in their head. Same here (still no tone). Sometimes I kind of feel like - who gave this person permission to shout in my head?
Last edited by Deciheximal on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I like digraphs. Hey look, there's a digraph in digraph!

runa

Postby runa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 am UTC

Meteorswarm wrote:Mine is identical to the voice I hear when I speak.

+1

I never thought that people hear a different voice.

dalahäst

Postby dalahäst » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 am UTC

It's about time that someone mentions that hearing what you read in your head as you read is called subvocalization. I do it sometimes, other times I don't, and on occasion I will do the grokkish thing, depending on what I'm reading. The voice I hear is my own, unless I'm reading a quote from someone with whose voice I'm familiar or if I'm reading fiction, in which case I try to imagine what that person sounds like. I always hate it when I develop an image of a character, voice, appearance, and all, and then the author essentially tells me I'm wrong and reveals that something is different from what I thought. I prefer thorough descriptions and early on, so that I don't have to retrain my mind to think of a character differently.

Dimetrodon

Postby Dimetrodon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:37 am UTC

Usually it's my own voice, but, you know, I'm sure that it's switched to someone else's voice. This will require further monitoring.
Also: What dexihecimal said about tone. It's my voice but it's entirely monotone.

Fun Facts About My Brain:
Normally, when I'm thinking, or working something out, I process it verbally. Sometimes, though, I process the answer without translating it into words- for example, in math, sometimes, looking at a problem, I jump to the answers visually by looking at the numbers, instead of orally. This always feels very strange, and I have to work through the answer in my head with words. I'm usually right, but still, it's very weird. Does anyone know what I mean? Thinking without words?
EDIT: No, no, I know how to explain this. Normally I can still think about things visually, but I pronounce my thoughts. And sometimes I just think without pronouncing the thoughts, and that really trips me up. Gosh, this is even more complicated.
Spoiler:

Fear my mammalian skull, my efficient heat-regulating sail, and my two rows of teeth.

dalahäst

Postby dalahäst » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:22 am UTC

When I do math, I often think without words. Recently we did a lesson on completing the square, I almost always do that in my head and wordlessly.

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 pm UTC

Dimetrodon wrote:I'm usually right, but still, it's very weird. Does anyone know what I mean? Thinking without words?

my son used to do that. still does probably, only now he's too old for me to go poking around in his head to see what he thinks. but in 6th grade we used to do his math homework together: i'd write the problems down, we'd say 'go' and then we'd each do them and compare answers afterwards, so i got to see him do it. tactful way of error-checking :D

he'd write down a long division problem or something like multiplying a five-digit number by a two-digit number, and then he'd embark on the traditional working-out bit. he did it in the same order as everyone else, but he'd just kind of do it in seven-league boots. you could see his mind going 'seven times 432 . . . ' and then instead of starting with two-times-seven-carry-the-one he'd just write down whatever it was and move on to the next line. the really interesting thing was that he could only work like that while he was interested in the challenge of it. and once he'd done a few and run out of gas, he'd try and fall back on the 'proper' way to work himself through it, and it just didn't work. at about problem #5, he'd drive himself into the ground going 'two times seven . . . two times seven . . . two times . . . [meltdown]'. so his mind only seems to work in that super-gassed style when it truly doesn't know what the answer's going to be or how to get there.

EDIT: No, no, I know how to explain this. Normally I can still think about things visually, but I pronounce my thoughts. And sometimes I just think without pronouncing the thoughts, and that really trips me up. Gosh, this is even more complicated.

i'm like that testing. i don't think in words but in concepts. if i'm working through something extremely complex or weird, where i truly don't know what's going on, i'll use the odd place-holder word here and there to pin a specific aspect of it to the desktop of my skull so i can move on to some other aspect. i can't really talk about any of it or i lose my bearings, and half the time i get so abstract that i lose them anyway. i always have to go back after something like that and say 'now, did i really see what i think i saw?' and do it in a more concrete way.
man susan,
die meeste mense is maar lekker zef

- valiant swart, lekker zef

eekmeep

Postby eekmeep » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:08 pm UTC

While reading: I hear whatever voice should be speaking (a character in a novel, or a "professorly" type if it's a textbook).

I know this got touched on earlier, but I'm curious to flesh it out some more ... ALL of my thoughts are in dialogue format (at least 97%). It's like I can't actually think something without imagining it as a dialogue. Anyone else? Anyone?

(and although I am American, I occasionally "think" in British. Maybe because I lived there for 2 years about 20 years ago?!?)

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:26 pm UTC

I don't here a voice when reading, but when organizing my thoughts, I'll often lapse into an internal monologue with an incredible British accent. Never really been sure why.

airplanespaceship3

Postby airplanespaceship3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:19 pm UTC

When thinking or reading I tend to hear a more animated version of my actual voice. For a book, I'm the narrator and each character gets his own voice. I may occasionally (by accident or reflex) superimpose my own voice onto the protagonist (assuming a male protagonist). It really comes out to a cinematic experience sans background music (which is probably why I prefer movies). I can't grok with written text, but I can kinda do it with music; seeing it in terms of color combinations helps.

Bobber wrote:On another note: What color are the words you see when you listen to speech?

I only see the words when I actively think about envisioning them. Each letter/note/number has its own color, though.
"What's 2+2?"
"What do you want it to be?"

No Picnic

Postby No Picnic » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:27 am UTC

Hey, everyone, I would like some feedback. When I read or think, I heard the word, the pronunciation, etc., but I do not hear a voice. It's a paradox that has baffled me for years. I hear what I think, but it has no voice! I don't think what's what you mean by groking because it takes time. It's not instant visualization. Does anyone know what I mean?

At any rate, it usually has a friendly tone.

eekmeep

Postby eekmeep » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 am UTC

I occasionally do that when I read (non-dialogue), but not when I think. It is a bit baffling.

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 am UTC

Bobber wrote:On another note: What color are the words you see when you listen to speech?

i don't see the words. i see the punctuation. it doesn't have any colour though.
man susan,
die meeste mense is maar lekker zef

- valiant swart, lekker zef

Bobber

Postby Bobber » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 am UTC

year in the sun wrote:

i don't see the words. i see the punctuation. it doesn't have any colour though.

Ah, I know what you mean! I also visualize grammar and punctuation, but it's more grokking ðan actual visualization I suppose, since it's colorless, yet not transparent, white or black.

...Ðe brain is awesome.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

Shinyman

Postby Shinyman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 am UTC

My mind has different voices for certain types of reading:

If the text is in a story format or with familiar people I have both the mental picture which changes to fit the line as well as a narrating voice. The narrator is normally my interpretation of what the main character (or the author in the case of certain dry books) sounds like, but will sometimes replace itself with a voice I've been listening to, <cough>...<Yahtzee>...<cough> Otherwise all dialogue is in a voice I set for the person talking.

If it is in a place like a forum where it isn't possible to tell someone's gender at first glance, I seem to use a fairly gender-neutral voice which seems to swing back and forth between a slightly-feminine and slightly-masculine tone from post to post unless the post has a certain mood which I adjust to.

Referring to earlier posts, I DO hear pitch, tone and intonation in writing. YELLING CAPS, whispered subscript I pause at commas, and ellipses... I thoroughly enjoy narrating text and articles aloud.
I think I glance at something and immediately set a tone of voice based on size, topic, presence of caps-lock, emoticons, various things I don't consciously realize.
The thought of reading without stress or pitch just escapes my way of thinking.

Oh! Also everything has a slight echo.

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 am UTC

I usually hear my own voice when I'm speaking in my head, but it depends on what I'm reading. When I'm skimming through something I find my 'voice' is too slow so I'll read faster and then skip the 'speaking' bit or just say the occasional words. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I'm really immersed in a story my 'voice' will disappear and I'll just be seeing the images that the author & my mind creates.

Someone mentioned what happens when they do maths. Sometimes I can do maths without saying it in my head, and it will happen really really quickly.. but then I'll doubt my answer and won't be able to really remember how I got to that conclusion, so I'll normally make myself slow down and do it 'the proper way'.

I also notice the 'echo' that happens when i'm speaking in my head - it's like I start to think of what i'm saying next, then another part of my brain clicks on and starts sub vocalizing it... One night when I was lying in bed unable to sleep I tried to trace the source of that echo and had a weird moment where I felt like I was thinking really, really fast. It was pretty strange.

there is no zero

Postby there is no zero » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 am UTC

I hear words, but I've never noticed a voice, so it's probably an idealized version of my own voice. (That is, there's less tripping over words, though when I come to a section of Discworld dwarvish, say, I do a lot of tripping over words, even in my head.)

When I listen, I usually don't see the words, but occasionally I do. This usually happens when it's a word I don't know, in which case I see the spelling, or what I imagine the spelling is. I'm not sure what color it is — probably black, but it could vary.

I do think verbally when doing math. Sometimes I even mutter the numbers aloud. If you were listening, though, you'd probably just hear random numbers, since I don't have time to say everything, or to write down anything. I also don't use long division (a while ago, I realized I'd forgotten it!), nor do I use the method of multiplication that was taught in school, and I have got along quite well, even winning math competitions.

Also, about emoticons: I read :P, :D, <3 as pee, dee, less than three. However, I don't read :) or :( as anything at all when they're used normally. When it is necessary to refer to something that doesn't have a pronunciation, I usually use a grunting noise that means "".

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 am UTC

Hmmm... I see :P and so on as an expression and a noise. I was talking about :P specifically with my boyfriend the other day - he sees it as a happy tongue out, whereas I always see it as a qualifier that the sentence was supposed to be read as sarcastic.

Interestingly, in instant messaging I actually 'hear' things said in the other person's voice. I don't do this at all when I'm reading novels or discussions in forums. It seems to add an extra dimension when I'm chatting to someone I know well, it's like I can see their facial expressions and hear those quiet noises they might make.

dalahäst

Postby dalahäst » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:53 am UTC

there is no zero wrote:Also, about emoticons: I read :P, :D, <3 as pee, dee, less than three. However, I don't read :) or :( as anything at all when they're used normally. When it is necessary to refer to something that doesn't have a pronunciation, I usually use a grunting noise that means "".

I make little noises for all of that, or when speaking to someone who can see me clearly I reproduce the expression. When reading to myself I either do nothing or reproduce the expression.

Master Isenkram

Postby Master Isenkram » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:43 pm UTC

I am surprised no one has linked this yet: http://xkcd.com/462/

More on topic: Generally if I am just reading text, I will hear it in my own voice. However, if I am reading a book, I see what is happening in my head, and the characters speak in their own voices.
I'm covered in bees!

there is no zero

Postby there is no zero » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 pm UTC

To clarify, when an emoticon is replaced by a little picture, I read it as I do :) and :(. When it's left as : P, I read it as "P", etc. I also read "=P" as "equals P".

Also, the grunting noises are only for the voice inside my head. If I had to say ":)" out loud, I would probably say "smiley face", or perhaps "colon end parentheses".

xdaemanix

Postby xdaemanix » Fri May 01, 2009 8:03 am UTC

Has anyone else noticed that it's very hard to read this thread, because I keep switching from others' mental voices (or lack there of) back to my own, occasionally getting lost in between? Haha...

I'm with the people who don't hear voices, except when I'm typing something I'm saying. Like right now. However, I don't hear it when I proofread before posting. It just goes from letters on paper straight to understanding, no voice for me...
There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.

Chobbes

Postby Chobbes » Fri May 01, 2009 7:40 pm UTC

The voice I hear is always a cooler version of my own voice, something spliced between my voice and Brando's voice. I never sing because I'm always so disappointed when I realize that I don't sound like my reading voice.
The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.

fwlbg

Postby fwlbg » Fri May 01, 2009 10:34 pm UTC

The voice in my head when I read things varies. It's often my own voice, but sometimes it's the voice of Stephen Fry, and sometimes the voice of Richard Dawkins! :P

Yay, I get awesome voices in my head when I read things!

Bobber

Postby Bobber » Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 pm UTC

I realize that I want to train myself to read in George Carlin's voice.

dalahäst

Postby dalahäst » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 am UTC

there is no zero wrote:To clarify, when an emoticon is replaced by a little picture, I read it as I do :) and :(. When it's left as : P, I read it as "P", etc. I also read "=P" as "equals P".

Also, the grunting noises are only for the voice inside my head. If I had to say ":)" out loud, I would probably say "smiley face", or perhaps "colon [final/closing] parenthesis".

It especially bugs me when ( or ) is one "parenthese" (/pə.ˈɹɛn.θə.si/). PARENTHESIS.

Hobgoblin

Postby Hobgoblin » Sat May 02, 2009 2:42 pm UTC

Some of you guys aren't just talking about reading here; you're talking about thinking in words or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hzcLZ7 ... annel_page
This video made me wonder about that- I never think in words unless I'm working on what to say/write/translate. It's always pictures, memories, concepts, whatever. I don't really talk in my mind or anything- it's not fast enough. You might be able to say "A big ball with a little ball balancing on top and the little ball's about to fall" or just think about that image.

I don't think anyone THINKS in words; do any of you?

Edit: Sorry if this is off-topic. Delete/Move/Whatever if it's really a problem.
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.

thinglie

Postby thinglie » Sat May 02, 2009 4:37 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:I uh. I do not hear a voice persay. I see what is going on. And the voice is that of the character (what my brain makes for his voice). Does that make sense? It is like I am watching a movie in my head...

Same here. Odd.

CPC

Postby CPC » Wed May 06, 2009 3:00 am UTC

I don't really hear a voice. I simply 'know' what I read; I simply 'know' the words and what they mean. I can't think of any other way to explain it. I can't even imagine a voice in my head, unless I hear someone speaking.

I can't picture anything in my head either (unless I see it in the physical world), I simply 'know' an object's shape and 'know' its color.

Symmetrical Feet

Postby Symmetrical Feet » Sat May 09, 2009 7:29 pm UTC

If I'm reading a dry nonfiction or plain text, it'll generally be a quicker, lighter variation of my own voice or a generic male voice with a British accent. First-person narrators and third-person characters get assigned random voices that I think appropriate (which all goes into the cinematic experience that books are to me). Text is read in a sexually-neutral voice, with punctuation playing a large role in intonation. Intentional misspellings and grammatical stupidity make the voice go slower and seem more 'challenged' (or psycho).
Anything in Japanese is read my my own voice, and German by a voice akin to the vocalist of Rammstein.

But all that owkrs when reading something. When I'm thinking original thoughts, everything exists as a grokked, wordless concept. Recently, I've become unable to actually say a word when I want to (common words, like 'cabinet', and I end up saying something stupid like "I put it in the... the brown thing with the... openy thingies on it and the dishes", and gesturing to it or demonstrating it physically), but yet my head is 'screaming' the image of the thing. It's like having an answer on the tip of your tongue, but far more frequent, and more mentally visualised.
Things go in one ear, and are then promptly annihilated by the resident ninjas.

eekmeep

Postby eekmeep » Sun May 10, 2009 7:03 am UTC

Hobgoblin wrote:Some of you guys aren't just talking about reading here; you're talking about thinking in words or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hzcLZ7 ... annel_page
This video made me wonder about that- I never think in words unless I'm working on what to say/write/translate. It's always pictures, memories, concepts, whatever. I don't really talk in my mind or anything- it's not fast enough. You might be able to say "A big ball with a little ball balancing on top and the little ball's about to fall" or just think about that image.

I don't think anyone THINKS in words; do any of you?

Edit: Sorry if this is off-topic. Delete/Move/Whatever if it's really a problem.

Didn't go to the youtube video yet, so I may not be replying to what you are really saying, but ...

when I am seeing "big picture" kinds of things in my head (how groups of people work together, how to get a process implemented) I make a visual metaphor in my head (not seeing "real" things at all, just symbolic things), but when I'm thinking normal "thoughts" I have an internal dialogue with myself (or an imaginary conversation with someone I know who might have a valid opinion on the matter at hand).

mastered

Postby mastered » Sun May 10, 2009 4:57 pm UTC

I tend to assign voices to characters, and sometimes when they remind me of people I give them their voices... I also tend to think in concepts rather than words, which, yes, makes it difficult to explain things. But I wouldn't give up the ability. I think it lets me comprehend ideas that are beyond words. And for some reason people have called me articulate. Also, I tend to assign voices like Patrick Stewart's to people, because seriously, he's awesome, is he not?
Things are only impossible until they aren't. - Cpt. Picard

Postby 6453893 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 am UTC

eekmeep wrote:when I am seeing "big picture" kinds of things in my head (how groups of people work together, how to get a process implemented) I make a visual metaphor in my head (not seeing "real" things at all, just symbolic things), but when I'm thinking normal "thoughts" I have an internal dialogue with myself (or an imaginary conversation with someone I know who might have a valid opinion on the matter at hand).

This. I know a topic really interests me when I start explaining it to people I know in my head. Credit Default Swaps, the argument over whether 'fun' is an attributive noun or an adjective, LISP, &c. These often take place in the classroom where I spent more than five hours a day throughout high school, with the two or three people who spent five hours a day there with me.

BrainMagMo

Postby BrainMagMo » Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 am UTC

Right now, I hear Nathan Fillion's voice, since I just watched Firefly and Serenity.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

For me, whether or not I hear a voice depends on what I'm reading. If a sign, post on the internet, or something factual, I tend to hear a clearer version of my speaking voice. For or story or description I focus far less on the words and more on the image of what they describe so I don't really notice them.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Mon May 11, 2009 7:49 pm UTC

The voice in my head depends on what I'm reading. First off, I know whether I'm reading fiction, non-fiction, a forum post, junk mail etc, and I set the base tone accordingly. I've never really thought of the base tone as my own voice, but maybe it's just my subconscious platonic ideal of my voice. Who knows.
Anyway, the base tone gets modified by the flow of the sentence, choice of words, and general meter of what I'm reading.

For non-fiction sciencey stuff, it's the kind of voice that an engaging lecturer would have, without being stuffy. For forum posts, depends on how familiar I am with the poster. On another forum with people I've known for a good 7 years, I read most peoples posts in a particular voice I have associated for them. My American friends I read with American pronounciations, and the Brits I read with English pronounciations. I wonder if I could tell whose a certain post was, devoid of context, based on how I read it in my head? Hmm...

Fiction is obviously a lot more creative voice for characters, and the narrator's voice has a couple of different styles (eg: James Ellroy staccato matter-of-fact Batman voice kinda thing, brighter upbeat J.K. Rowling 'join me for a whimsical journey' kinda thing etc).

The more context I have, the more modified and refined the tone of the voice becomes.

Though in the last Harry Potter, I read the entirety of Xenophilius Lovegood's dialogue as Dr. Byron Orpheus.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

mastered

Postby mastered » Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am UTC

In fact, the British accent makes its way into my consciousness quite often. It seems faster, crisper, sharper somehow, and since I read quickly... It also makes it more dramatic when read aloud.
Things are only impossible until they aren't. - Cpt. Picard

Yubtzock

Postby Yubtzock » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 am UTC

How many people there really don't hear a voice while reading? I was taught to suppress this "voice" to increase the reading speed, as everything you read and "say" in your mind actually makes your muscles responsible for making voice move a little, which takes time for mind to process. Thus if you actually "think" what you read and not "say" it, you read faster. It's hard and you are mostly doomed for getting back to the stage of "saying" things since you make it a habit, when you read aloud.
Since English is not my native language I'm unable to suppress "saying" things in English. That made me back to the stage of "saying" things, but I can't recognize the voice any more. If I don't concentrate I simply don't assign any particular voice to this "reading voice".

TacoInTheSky

Postby TacoInTheSky » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am UTC

I wouldn't have bumped the thread, but the guy above me already did. Probably would have happened anyway because of the Android Girl discussion. Reading this made me want to articulate my own experience.

I know I hear something akin to how the words are pronounced because if I read a word or name that I don't already know how to say I won't process the word until I assign it a pronounciation. On the other hand, the 'voice' I hear things in doesn't have a...voice. It doesn't have a sound to it, although it will add intonations. I also hear pauses and such in my head where punctuation dictates they should be. I'm one of the people who sees, very clearly, the things described in a narrative (although I don't see or hear people clearly). I remember stories by recalling the movies of what happened. But I usually recall certain words or phrases used by the original author as well, if they stick out to me.

It's fascinating to see the different way people perceive things as simple as reading. I'd like to know how people write as well. What they hear when they write, and how they come up with the words, that kind of thing.

</delurk>

Return to “Language/Linguistics”