Norsktrening [Norwegian practice]

For the discussion of language mechanics, grammar, vocabulary, trends, and other such linguistic topics, in english and other languages.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

skellious

Norsktrening [Norwegian practice]

Postby skellious » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 pm UTC

Hei og velkommen til norsktreningen thread!

Hello and welcome to the norwegian practice thread!

I have only been learning Norwegian for a couple of months, and only in small amounts (although with two natives to help me), so please feel free to correct me but if there is anyone around here who speaks Norwegian at all it'd be great to get in some practice (especially with grammar).

If anyone is thinking of starting to learn, it'd be great to pass on what I already know.

~ Skellious [making my return to the fora after quite some absence!]

EDITED: Corrected norskpraksis to norsktrening on advice of a friend.

EDIT #2: Reformatted thread title to conform to other language threads.
Last edited by skellious on Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
kerfuffleninja wrote: Minutes are the same length in Europe, right?

LetThisNightExplode

Re: Norwegian practice thread [Norsktrening thread]

Postby LetThisNightExplode » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 am UTC

Deal. I've just recently started learning norwegian as well. I'd be happy to share resources and techniques. I have a some suggested reading too about success in second language aquisition

LetThisNightExplode

Postby LetThisNightExplode » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:33 am UTC

Yeah man let's do it. I'd love to share some of the resources i have on success in second language learning. I recommend a book/text called 'The Structure of Modern English' by Laurel J Brinton - it's a text for a Linguistics course. Really, it should be called the 'Structure of Language with English as the example'.

skellious

Postby skellious » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am UTC

LetThisNightExplode wrote:Deal. I've just recently started learning norwegian as well. I'd be happy to share resources and techniques. I have a some suggested reading too about success in second language aquisition

sounds excellent!

thefreiburger

Postby thefreiburger » Fri May 04, 2012 9:54 am UTC

Hmmm... dette skulle egentlig være en norsktrening, men jeg har så langt ikke sett ett eneste ord på norsk her :D

Kom igjen, folkens!!

skellious

Postby skellious » Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 am UTC

thefreiburger wrote:Hmmm... dette skulle egentlig være en norsktrening, men jeg har så langt ikke sett ett eneste ord på norsk her :D

Kom igjen, folkens!!

haha... beklager, jeg vil prøve hardere! (I am not 100% on norwegian grammar as you might expect so please feel free to correct anything I say wrong.)

Apparently Anonymous

Postby Apparently Anonymous » Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 pm UTC

Neimen jøsses.*
Folk vil lære norsk?
Så fint, da :)

Hvorfor?

*(...this would be something like "Well, I never" or "Oh wow" I guess. It's not used a lot, though)

skellious

Postby skellious » Fri May 04, 2012 9:49 pm UTC

Apparently Anonymous wrote:Neimen jøsses.*
Folk vil lære norsk?
Så fint, da :)

Hvorfor?

*(...this would be something like "Well, I never" or "Oh wow" I guess. It's not used a lot, though)

fordi jeg ønsker a snakke med min norske venner på deres språk.

what I was aiming to say:
Spoiler:
becuase I wish to be able to speak with my norwegian friends in their language.

I have two of them teaching me norwegian but they are a couple so although they come from different parts of the country they may have developed certain commonalities between them in thier speech and the more speakers I speak to the broader my experience of the language is going to be.

Also, if anyone can recommend a comprehensive guide to norwegian grammar (preferably still in english though) then please let me know of it.

Norwegian is supposedly meant to be one of the easier languages for english-speakers to learn since there are many cognates and the pronunciations are fairly friendly to the English tongue.

Another reason I am learning is I now live in Scotland and when Scotland becomes independent I hope we will increase trade with the Nordic countries further still; I think it is only polite I make the effort to speak Norwegian if I am in Norway, even if we fall back to English when actually contracting business.

Return to “Language/Linguistics”