Mother of All Puzzles

A forum for good logic/math puzzles.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 pm UTC

Ladies and gentlemen, This is the mother of all puzzles.
Or maybe not. Who cares.

I swear it's not a copy of scary maze or anything similar, in case the cover looks like one to you.
(I figure out a lot of people didn't even start playing because they thought it's a horror game :roll: )

And to whom stuck on the cover (http://moap.danodemano.com/), scroll down and press the sign.
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

took 10 minutes to get to level 6, and that's where i'm stuck. been staring at it / trying different things for a while.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Xias
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby Xias » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:took 10 minutes to get to level 6, and that's where i'm stuck. been staring at it / trying different things for a while.


Does the structure look familiar to you?

gtown25nick
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 am UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby gtown25nick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 am UTC

I'm stuck on 11.

Spoiler:
I decoded the text and got "Nothing to do". That wasn't the answer though so I started googling and came up with Long Island, but no variation of that worked.


Any help?

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 am UTC

gtown25nick wrote:I'm stuck on 11.

---EDIT: HINT DELETED---

EDIT: see Xias' post
Last edited by GeoffreyY on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Xias
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby Xias » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 am UTC

gtown25nick wrote:I'm stuck on 11.

Spoiler:
I decoded the text and got "Nothing to do". That wasn't the answer though so I started googling and came up with Long Island, but no variation of that worked.


Any help?


Sure.

Spoiler:
The resource you are using is printing "Nothing to do." in the spot that outputs an encrypted string, not a decrypted string. Look in the other box for the actual decrypted string. You've solved it at this point; now it's just a matter of finding the right key and interpreting the results.


GeoffreyY wrote:-snip-


I don't think that
Spoiler:
telling him what form the answer comes in
is in the spirit of the puzzle. You gave him the means to guess the answer, not the means to figure it out. EDIT: Thanks, GeoffreyY.

gtown25nick
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 am UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby gtown25nick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

Thanks, I feel stupid now that I realize I was using the tool wrong. Now to do Level 12.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm UTC

Xias wrote:
dimochka wrote:took 10 minutes to get to level 6, and that's where i'm stuck. been staring at it / trying different things for a while.


Does the structure look familiar to you?


no :?

Wouldn't mind a small hint. Unless that was a hint that I'm not catching...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:
Xias wrote:
dimochka wrote:took 10 minutes to get to level 6, and that's where i'm stuck. been staring at it / trying different things for a while.


Does the structure look familiar to you?


no :?

Wouldn't mind a small hint. Unless that was a hint that I'm not catching...


Spoiler:
(xxx) xxx-xxxx


I don't believe you never saw that before
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

GeoffreyY wrote:
dimochka wrote:
Xias wrote:
dimochka wrote:took 10 minutes to get to level 6, and that's where i'm stuck. been staring at it / trying different things for a while.


Does the structure look familiar to you?


no :?

Wouldn't mind a small hint. Unless that was a hint that I'm not catching...


Spoiler:
(xxx) xxx-xxxx


I don't believe you never saw that before


You are correct, thanks for the help. Now on level 10, and I think I have an idea of how to approach it.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 am UTC

Please PM me with explanation for 11. I spent 10 minutes trying to guess it and did, but I still can't tie back to the answer. I really would like to know how to figure it out without lots of trial and error.

Spoiler:
I know the island name, and I know that blowfish relates to an 8-bit cypher, but I cannot figure out how i'd know the name of the island from this. I essentially tried every possible 4 and 6 letter island combination till I got the answer.


Thank you in advance.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

cjr22
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby cjr22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 am UTC

Embarrassingly, I'm stuck on level 5, the one which looks like a spot the difference puzzle. Any hints?

User avatar
dudiobugtron
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 am UTC
Location: The Outlier

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:03 am UTC

Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?
Image

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 am UTC

Lev5 (Hint)

Spoiler:
I figured it out while trying to save both pictures.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

cjr22
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby cjr22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am UTC

dudiobugtron wrote:
Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?

Spoiler:
No, and I assumed that was the point, but everything I've tried so far has failed:
    nodifference.htm
    nodifferences.htm
    same.htm
    double.htm
    none.htm
    identical.htm
Do I just need to find the right synonym? Or am I heading in the wrong direction?

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am UTC

cjr22 wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:
Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?

Spoiler:
No, and I assumed that was the point, but everything I've tried so far has failed:
    nodifference.htm
    nodifferences.htm
    same.htm
    double.htm
    none.htm
    identical.htm
Do I just need to find the right synonym? Or am I heading in the wrong direction?

Spoiler:
The title says "What's the difference".
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm UTC

GeoffreyY wrote:
cjr22 wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:
Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?

Spoiler:
No, and I assumed that was the point, but everything I've tried so far has failed:
    nodifference.htm
    nodifferences.htm
    same.htm
    double.htm
    none.htm
    identical.htm
Do I just need to find the right synonym? Or am I heading in the wrong direction?

Spoiler:
The title says "What's the difference".


Spoiler:
I do not see a thing that is different.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

brenok
Needs Directions
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby brenok » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm UTC

Level 14:

Spoiler:
Ok, I found the gif, the jpg and the bmp. What am I supposed to do now? Open the image with Notepad?

User avatar
Lopsidation
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:29 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby Lopsidation » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

cjr22 wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:
Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?

Spoiler:
No, and I assumed that was the point, but everything I've tried so far has failed:
    nodifference.htm
    nodifferences.htm
    same.htm
    double.htm
    none.htm
    identical.htm
Do I just need to find the right synonym? Or am I heading in the wrong direction?

Regarding level 5:
Spoiler:
Yeah, you just need to find the right synonym.
Since you've basically figured the puzzle out already, I think it's fair to tell you.
nothing.htm (Highlight to see, since apparently we can't do spoiler-in-spoiler)

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 pm UTC

brenok wrote:Level 14:

Spoiler:
Ok, I found the gif, the jpg and the bmp. What am I supposed to do now? Open the image with Notepad?

Spoiler:
What the hack did you do? Look at the title.
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm UTC

GeoffreyY - I'm just curious, how far into it are you?
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Xias
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby Xias » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

brenok wrote:Level 14:

Spoiler:
Ok, I found the gif, the jpg and the bmp. What am I supposed to do now? Open the image with Notepad?


You're on the right track.
Spoiler:
What kind of file would you need to find that would open in Notepad?

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:GeoffreyY - I'm just curious, how far into it are you?


26
I stopped solving around two weeks ago. :oops:
Why did I stop? I... forgot... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyway, I'll continue solving after I come back from school. :roll:
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

cjr22
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby cjr22 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 am UTC

Lopsidation wrote:
cjr22 wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:
Spoiler:
Can you spot any differences?

Spoiler:
No, and I assumed that was the point, but everything I've tried so far has failed:
    nodifference.htm
    nodifferences.htm
    same.htm
    double.htm
    none.htm
    identical.htm
Do I just need to find the right synonym? Or am I heading in the wrong direction?

Regarding level 5:
Spoiler:
Yeah, you just need to find the right synonym.
Since you've basically figured the puzzle out already, I think it's fair to tell you.
nothing.htm (Highlight to see, since apparently we can't do spoiler-in-spoiler)


Thanks, I got it thanks to your encouragement. That's the only thing I don't like about these 'change the URL' puzzles, occasionally you've done the hard part and you're just trying to find the format of answer the designer wanted.

Up to lvl 15 now!

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:47 am UTC

Can I get a hint for 12?
Spoiler:
I can't find anything relevant for theband, and I can't figure out the code or language for the symbols.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

brenok
Needs Directions
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby brenok » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:52 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Can I get a hint for 12?
Spoiler:
I can't find anything relevant for theband, and I can't figure out the code or language for the symbols.


Spoiler:
Do exactly what the title of the page says and Google for it (that thing that is on the top of the brower bar). Do the title of the page have any relations to the name of the image?

General hint: the name and extension of the images are usually very important. If you're using Chrome or Firefox you can just drag the image to a new tab to see them.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Of course I figure it out a minute after I post it. Or at least the first part. Then I notice that you posted about it, and then spent sometime trying to figure out 2nd part.

Regardless on to 13 now, thank you!
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

cjr22 wrote:Thanks, I got it thanks to your encouragement. That's the only thing I don't like about these 'change the URL' puzzles, occasionally you've done the hard part and you're just trying to find the format of answer the designer wanted.

Up to lvl 15 now!


Interesting how people's minds work. I figured out how to do 15 almost immediately.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
NeatNit
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

Stuck on 6...
Spoiler:
I get that it's a phone number, but I don't know what to do now. Am I expected to call it? In that case, this puzzle is stupid and I'll just stop right now. Not thinking of international players is just dumb.

But more probable is that I'm missing something. What am I missing?


Edit: solved it, that was stupid.

Xias
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby Xias » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

I'm stuck on 25, and I am so tired of looking at monopoly boards.

Spoiler:
I found the hint that points me toward color, but I can't find any color differences.

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Xias wrote:I'm stuck on 25, and I am so tired of looking monopoly board.

Well, I'm stuck too... I just can't find it....
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm UTC

I'm stuck on 16, can anyone give me a small push?

Spoiler:
I saved the image called sounds.gif, opened in notepad. Saw the hint. I assume the letters H I N T need to signify some kind of sounds? That's where i am currently...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I'm stuck on 16, can anyone give me a small push?

Spoiler:
I saved the image called sounds.gif, opened in notepad. Saw the hint. I assume the letters H I N T need to signify some kind of sounds? That's where i am currently...


You know what, hold off on this. I just had a thought and it's possible that I'm just overthinking everything. Can't check from work, will do at home.

Edit: Figured it out after a while. Now 17. I'll catch up soon!
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

ALFERALFER
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby ALFERALFER » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:28 pm UTC

GeoffreyY wrote:
Xias wrote:I'm stuck on 25, and I am so tired of looking monopoly board.

Well, I'm stuck too... I just can't find it....


Spoiler:
Did you try looking at the monopoly board

User avatar
GeoffreyY
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm UTC
Location: Center of MY Observable Universe

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby GeoffreyY » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am UTC

ALFERALFER wrote:
GeoffreyY wrote:
Xias wrote:I'm stuck on 25, and I am so tired of looking monopoly board.

Well, I'm stuck too... I just can't find it....


Spoiler:
Did you try looking at the monopoly board


Yes, it's just I CAN'T FIND IT! :(
I'm must be blinded...
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid a average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

User avatar
sonicspin
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 am UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby sonicspin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 am UTC

I think I am an idiot, stuck in the tutorial... :(

cjr22
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm UTC

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby cjr22 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

Now I'm stuck on level 19, I've got as far as
Spoiler:
dvorak.htm, but then it just says "Do you know what you just typed?" And I tried:
    Keyboard
    layout
    qwerty
    answer
    theanswer
but got nowhere. Any little nudges?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 pm UTC

Since you mention that, a hint with 18 please?

Spoiler:
I tried to redraw all 6 gifs and getting some weird person with a bow (?) ... and Then I'm stuck.

Not sure where the caps lock falls into this.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

brenok
Needs Directions
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby brenok » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:Since you mention that, a hint with 18 please?

Spoiler:
I tried to redraw all 6 gifs and getting some weird person with a bow (?) ... and Then I'm stuck.

Not sure where the caps lock falls into this.


Spoiler:
In my opinion, 18 is a bad one. It's based on this picture:

Image

But the answer is not Sagittarius, but Centaur. Because Sagittarius is a centaur. Even if there is another constellation named Centaurus already.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Mother of All Puzzles

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm UTC

brenok wrote:
dimochka wrote:Since you mention that, a hint with 18 please?

Spoiler:
I tried to redraw all 6 gifs and getting some weird person with a bow (?) ... and Then I'm stuck.

Not sure where the caps lock falls into this.


Spoiler:
In my opinion, 18 is a bad one. It's based on this picture:

Image

But the answer is not Sagittarius, but Centaur. Because Sagittarius is a centaur. Even if there is another constellation named Centaurus already.


Spoiler:
Actually that makes sense due to the page title. Had I realized that this is the constellation, I think that I would've been able to get it, even though I agree that I don't like the answer.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".


Return to “Logic Puzzles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests