A Fun Math Puzzle

Postby Bane Harper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:17 am UTC

Whose gonna solve this..
qweqfq.jpg

curiosityspoon

Re: A Fun Math Puzzle

Postby curiosityspoon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:57 am UTC

Huh?

It's trivial to solve for the variables "dark gray square nested inside medium gray pentagon nested inside light gray hexagon emoji", "bunch of bananas emoji with at least four visible and possibly more concealed behind them", and "analog clock emoji showing 180 minutes after midnight" (or is that last one 900 minutes?), but you have clearly made a mistake in the transcription, as the equation with unknown value does not maintain continuity with any of these variables. Instead, it uses the manifestly different variables "dark gray pentagon nested inside medium gray hexagon emoji", "bunch of bananas emoji with at least three visible and possibly more concealed behind them", and "analog clock emoji showing 120 minutes after midnight" (or possibly 840 minutes), all of which are previously undeclared.

Unless...clearly the answer is to ignore the values on the left side entirely, and treat the values on the right side as two separate entities in each equation: "italic number 4 emoji" / "italic number 5 emoji", and so on. Then we have descending odd and even numbers in each right-side agglomeration, so the answer is either -1-2 or -2-1, probably the former.

Anyone want to grab a knife?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: A Fun Math Puzzle

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm UTC

Yeah, so unless OP can convince me that curiostyspoon is wrong, we're done here.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “Logic Puzzles”