Will take "No Tresspassing Signs" for 500

Archelon

Postby tricky77puzzle » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 pm UTC

http://www.fys.ku.dk/~ture/code/index.html

I'm currently trying to decode Level 1.

crazyjimbo

Re: Archelon

Postby crazyjimbo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

Fun puzzle, just at the level of being doable without being too frustrating. I had to look up some hints for the middle one in the second column though. Also the last one, but the answer is spelt wrongly and I had already tried the word spelt correctly so I don't consider it cheating. :P

fyjham

Postby fyjham » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:48 pm UTC

Interesting...

I had to google the bottom of the second row (Don't know the language :P), the rest of them I eventually managed to reason out without cheating (That and crazyjimbo's clue that the writer of the puzzle didn't know how to spell the final answer helped too :))

crazyjimbo

Postby crazyjimbo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

fyjham wrote:I had to google the bottom of the second row (Don't know the language :P)

Googling isn't cheating! Unless you Google for 'Archelon hints'. I had to Google that one too. Three Googles in three sentences, that's a lot of Google. I like the word Google.

Google.

fyjham

Postby fyjham » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

Mmm, exactly, I cheated that one :P I had no idea what language it was and it's hard to google a symbol you can't type. Only thing I knew about it was that it was a hint on the puzzle so I google'd that until I got at least the language it's in :P

Normally I'd prefer to not finish a puzzle than cheat on it, but when it comes to a foreign language being in it I'll cheat to get it translated then stop cheating again :P

Puck

Postby Puck » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 pm UTC

I know what the final answer is, but is there some sort of encoding involved in the text there? Or are you just supposed to "guess" the (wrongly spelled) answer from the clue? I was sort of expecting something more clever.
22/7 wrote:If I could have an alternate horn that would yell "If you use your turn signal, I'll let you in" loud enough to hear inside another car, I would pay nearly any amount of money for it.

jaap

Postby jaap » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

On a forum discussing this puzzle I saw a post from its author, and he said that wasn't the intended answer. I don't know what the intended answer is, but 'o' works too.

Return to “Logic Puzzles”