Computer chair, (sort of hardware.)

The magic smoke.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

rainbrain

Computer chair, (sort of hardware.)

Postby rainbrain » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 am UTC

I'm looking to buy a computer chair. I'm on for hours at a time, so I'm looking for an ergonomic design that's easy on my back, however I'm not willing to spend a fortune on it. whats the best i can buy (considering my back lol) for about 200-400 dollars, 500 tops?

ps: also, where do i post questions concerning software, or in my case, anti virus programs?

headprogrammingczar

Re: Computer chair, (sort of hardware.)

Postby headprogrammingczar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 am UTC

A quick google search yielded this: http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/er ... tm?smarter
Also, for software, help desk, coding, or religious wars. There is a subtle difference between the three, and the most appropriate place would probably be help desk.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

rainbrain

Postby rainbrain » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:07 am UTC

If I post here, its because I want the opinions of its members.

That link is a company advertising its own products, which I, as I'm sure others, do not use for advice on whether to buy the product. I'll use it as reference, but what I want is the opinions of people who have had actual experience with the products they've used, which was the point of posting in the first place.

psykx

Postby psykx » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 am UTC

i've used an ikea lazyboy before, it was pretty comfortable. best bet is go gointo a shop and sit down a lot
Berengal wrote:Only if they're killer robots. Legos are happy robots. Besides, even if they were killer robots it wouldn't stop me. You can't stop science and all that.

BumpInTheNight

Postby BumpInTheNight » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm UTC

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90163889

I can atest that this guy is pretty darn comfy, stands up to abuse and was pretty cheap to boot. Whether or not its medically qualified for various back supports I haven't a clue, but I love this chair.

Mzyxptlk

Postby Mzyxptlk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:33 pm UTC

Couldn't you just go into a shop and try some? Maybe I'm oversimplifying (if so, call me out on it!), but in my experience it's pretty easy to figure out of a chair feels good or not.
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

psykx

Postby psykx » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm UTC

just go for something you could sleep in and you'll be fine (possibly unless you live somewhere really hot)
Berengal wrote:Only if they're killer robots. Legos are happy robots. Besides, even if they were killer robots it wouldn't stop me. You can't stop science and all that.

jake

Postby jake » Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

Hacker News just had a long thread on a similar issue: see http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=585693 . That questioner asked about an inexpensive substitute to the Aeron, and most of the responders said no such beast truly existed.

Return to “Hardware”